• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A new world

Arlo Hayes

Junior Detective
In 2050 the world is recovering from an asteroid strike that changed the face of the planet entirely. Upon entry the asteroid split, almost evenly covering the world and causing untold destruction. The worst is passed, but the remnants of the destruction remain. Otherworldly biochemical residue has tainted the newest generation, creating a line of new humans with innate abilities never before seen. The world's governments have decided to hide away these mutants to study them, listing them as potential dangers to the community and the world. An organization known as Ascendance to those with the clearance was created as a response to these potentially dangerous children. A radiation and well-being test was required of the global population, and children found containing a genetic abnormality were confiscated, then taken to and raised in the Ascendance facility, the location of which is currently unknown to the world and the patients that reside within. They grew up constantly being tested, restrained, and deprived of their abilities to the point that many have no idea what their ability even is.

You are a patient at the Ascendance facility. After growing up in the enclosed facility you have awoken to find it empty, with all the doors open and only the other patients and your own possessions left in the entire building. Outside the facility, a place you have never known, an entire island of tropical wilds, scenic beaches, and ruins of civilizations past. The only problem aside from survival? You aren't the only people on this island.

The setting will be largely all over the world, but initially on the remains of a Hawaiian island. I found it fitting to make an RP detailing the exploration of the new world right as RPN came back online, but honestly that was just a coincidence. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask below. This will largely be me working with all the players so that no one is too weak or too powerful to make this unenjoyable. It is a bit of a work in progress but I assure you I have most of the details nailed down.

Last edited:
I realize I didn't provide a lot of details on abilities. Think almost super hero style mutations that give you control over an element/material/etc. Each ability has its up sides and down sides, so nothing is perfect. I'll set up each of your abilities with you over PM, but that can be done once we have a more permanent thread.
AaronVolcano24 AaronVolcano24

Last edited:
I realize I didn't provide a lot of details on abilities. Think almost super hero style mutations that give you control over an element/material/etc. Each ability has its up sides and down sides, so nothing is perfect. I'll set up each of your abilities with you over PM, but that can be done once we have a more permanent thread.

:D So excited :D

I could be interested, depending on how outlandish the powers can get. Though, I am assuming you won't allow for something that is overly op. So, you can practically consider me interested.

Powers can be as strange as you want, assuming we can find some way to justify how it works. In regards to how they will work, powers will start very low, with. Characters not very capable of using their powers to their utmost potential, then as the RP progresses powers will become stronger. Unfortunately this does require a lot of GM/Player communication and compromise so if you aren't okay with that then this probably isn't the rp for you(not calling you out solaire just putting it out there as a general statement).

Powers can be as strange as you want, assuming we can find some way to justify how it works. In regards to how they will work, powers will start very low, with. Characters not very capable of using their powers to their utmost potential, then as the RP progresses powers will become stronger. Unfortunately this does require a lot of GM/Player communication and compromise so if you aren't okay with that then this probably isn't the rp for you(not calling you out solaire just putting it out there as a general statement).

Haha, that's fine with me. I feel that would actually be better for me considering I don't have nearly enough time on my hands to create a fully developed character on my own. Anyway, I can start getting a power together in my head. You can PM me with anything else.

Oh, and you can call me Card if you like. Solaire works too. (I realize my name is a bit off-putting, lol)

Interested! Will you have techniques or trump cards that we can make but have them locked until say around the mid of the RP when our OCs should have sufficient experience with their abilities?

I was thinking somewhere along those lines, or perhaps a way to enhance your ability further beyond what could originally be done to allow for more growth? I'm undecided between those two. If it goes long enough, both will probably happen.

I'd be interested. Already have a character of mine in mind, but of course he would need a drastic change in his bio.

Quick question though. Since this takes places a few decades into the future, how far will technology have advanced? Of course the asteroid's destruction could be a plot excuse to delay any more advancement in technology, but it would just be nice to have an answer.

While we'll all be raised in isolation, I'd assume we would all be able to observe any technology used on us or even anything we experienced prior to our confiscation.

And our age, was there an age min-max that you wanted us to abide by?

Good questions all around.

Technology has advanced a considerable amount in some areas, and been sent back in others. I'm gonna have 5 main points where the asteroid hit that influenced the world, areas near there will have been set back quite a bit.

While you were raised in isolation, you weren't kept from technology. Given access to a fair amount of modern technology I'll have a list of gadgets everyone will be able to pick from and you'll all be able to pick a couple.

I was thinking 16-20 age wise, but slightly younger would make sense. Keep in mind that too young would mean less ability as it has had less time to develop, but if you're okay playing a weaker character I won't reject it because of age.

I have just one question for now. Say this roleplay goes long enough, do you plan on implementing pre-designated, key plot points?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back