• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A New Era: Beginnings

You trust her. You truly believe the tale that Lyra has just told you. "I'll help you," you say to her. Her eyes glimmer with unshed tears. "Thank you," she says in return. "Then please meet me by the junction on the west side of the city just beyond the city limits. I'll be seein' you in the mornin!"

You wave goodbye and head back to the farmstead. That evening you inform the farmer that you'll be taking a day off of work tomorrow. He pauses, then thanks you for your help on the farm. Then he pays you for the work you've done for him so far.

(...loading...)

Alright guys,
You've just embarked on your first Side Story!

Get the herb for Lyra's ailing mother~!

**(hint: this is essential to open up a part of the story)**

Inventory

-Inventory-
x1 Balanced Blade [main weapon]
x1 Ordinary Steel Sword [side weapon]
x1 poetry parchment
x10 food (4 breads, 3 fruits, 3 meats)
Monies

-Coin Purse-
00 G
10 sils
50 p
Questing

-Current Quest-
Lyra's Side Story

Day Four-- Lyra's Story
~a side story~

The next day you wake as usual. The birds are singing and the sun is shining. You eat a quick meal of the bread you got yesterday.

-1 bread

You head for the meeting location. After asking some locals and a few wrong turns, you manage to find the spot. She's already there, wearing a rough traveling cloak over her usual garb. She has a staff in hand. "You made it!" she says giving you a smile. "We're going into the Westwood then. Please keep an eye out for danger-- both Shadowbeasts and gang members.

"Oh, what are Shadowbeasts? You really must be new to these parts. We've been plagued by these creatures for half a decade now. They're sort of like animals, but... just... corrupted somehow. We're not really sure what does it to them. Some speak of tales where a beloved pet was turned into a Shadowbeast and killed their master." She shudders at this grisly tale. "Others say they are a manifestation of man's vice. Still others say that it's a curse for something or other." Her smile turns sad. "Hey, what do you think they are...?"

You reply:
1 | I am not sure. Haven't met one yet.
2 | I think it's more complicated than that.
3 | choose one of the theories (fill in)

COLOR CODING:

RED means that you lost something. Could be an item, or life points.

BLUE means that you have encountered something, found a clue, or gained a valuable acquaintance. I may also use BLUE for start of quest announcements.

GREEN means that you gained something. A friend, money, or an item/weapon. Be on the lookout for ways you can do this.

Mr.Deadpool Mr.Deadpool
keep an updated account/list of these things please, as well as what day it is.

"I think it's more complicated than that," you reply.

She is pensive for a moment. "Yeah... maybe that's a smart answer." You girls head into the forest. Soon enough, the path diverges into three. Lyra answers the unspoken question: "Yea, em, I don't really know where the cure is. Only Ma said it's at the center of the forest, where the Spirit of the Forest dwells. There were some other details... but I forget." It doesn't seem to bother her too much that she forgot some of these potentially important details. You shrug. Maybe they weren't that important after all...

"So? Which way do you think we should go?"

You reply:

1| Something tells me it's going to be on the left.
2| Something tells me it's going to be on the right.
3| I have no idea. Let's just try going straight?

You keep going straight. After all, the center is... at the center, right? And that's the path most likely to get you there.

A short walk later, you begin to hear the sound of a stream bubbling nearby. A sharp crack resounds in the air, as if a stick had just been broken. Birds take flight, cawing loudly.

Lyra: "I-I don't think that sounds too good..." And she's right. From the foliage arises a giant bear-like monster, a good head taller than you are with giant curving claws and beady red eyes. It certainly doesn't look natural.

"Is that what I think it is?" you ask, hand drawing your sword already.
"Yep," Lyra says. "That's a Shadowbeast!" And then she's darted away. "Don't be stupid! You can't fight it! It'll kill you!"

Choose now:
1| She's right. I run with her. (Go off the path)
2| "No way! I'm going to see what this teddy bear's got!" (Fight)
3| Scramble up a tree and watch it from a distance. (Observe)

It would be unwise to challenge this beast to a contest of brute strength, and climbing up a tree is not an option since I'm pretty sure bears can also climb trees. So let's run!

Actually, there are only certain bears who can climb trees. Not counting pandas, only black bears can climb trees. However, this bear seems to have long claws, so it might be able to climb the tree. I would try to climb the tree, since it is not likely that it could climb after you. But remember, it could trap you up there, or it could call some more beasts. Its up to you, but there's your science fact for the day.

Oh, and bears are really fast, just saying. Like, the running speed of a grizzly bear is about 35 MPH, and the fastest man alive only runs 27 MPH. So yeah, good luck with that.

cool quest mechanics and inventory are here now, I'll order a number 1 on top of that thanks

based on what you've told us could the other options really do us any good at all?

cool quest mechanics and inventory are here now, I'll order a number 1 on top of that thanks

based on what you've told us could the other options really do us any good at all?
Hey! Glad to have you join us!

Meh, how should I know...? I'm just your humble GM here. Not a fortune teller... XP

You choose to run off the beaten track after your friend. Foliage scratches at your skin and roots continually try to trip you. It's a rough journey, but Lyra is quick even in the forest. You weren't expecting that.

"Do you... think it... is gone?" you ask her panting with exertion.

"I, I hope so..." She is also breathing heavy but less so. "Come on, let's find a stream to cross so it loses our scent trail." You guys wade into a shallow stream. "Which way?"

You choose to
1| Go downstream.
2| Go upstream.

hmmmm... hmm... streams... how do they work... are there benefits of going either way I should remember...

I dunno, I'm not a survival expert and I doubt these two are either. After flipping a coin it's decided to go upstream, though since it's a stream that path will probably slow us down a little.
Still, could be something interesting up that path, so why not?

I think we should go downstream, since it should empty at some point into a larger body of water. That area would be a good place to look for plants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back