• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A New Era: Beginnings

I agree, Jake. You could find the source of the spring, and get some water. However, I like Vips idea too. Im not taking sides, I swear.

Downstream you go! The water runs cold around your calves. The rocks here are round and slippery with moss.

"Be careful!" Lyra calls from behind. "Just a few more minutes and we're through. The beast will ne'er find us--" But she's cut off when you slip on one of the slicker stones and nearly fall face first into the water. She wades over with splashing. "Are you a'right?" Steadying yourself with a hand on her shoulder, you wince. Your shin has a bleeding gash on it. So much for not getting hurt.

(write in options)

Since Mr.Deadpool Mr.Deadpool hinted that this is spring water, it is sufficiently clean to drink and to cleanse our wound. Let's wash the wound and then find a place to rest, on the other side of the stream from where we encountered the bear. If the bleeding persists, wash some grass and use to staunch the bleeding.

Mmmmm, but it could be contaminated. I was a Boy Scout when I was younger, I would know. I remember my leader telling me that there could be some animal taking a crap in the water upstream, so I never drank the water downstream.

Since Mr.Deadpool Mr.Deadpool hinted that this is spring water, it is sufficiently clean to drink and to cleanse our wound. Let's wash the wound and then find a place to rest, on the other side of the stream from where we encountered the bear. If the bleeding persists, wash some grass and use to staunch the bleeding.
I guess it would depend on if the township was industrialized or not.

Mmmmm, but it could be contaminated. I was a Boy Scout when I was younger, I would know. I remember my leader telling me that there could be some animal taking a crap in the water upstream, so I never drank the water downstream.
Ooh, Boy Scout! But how do you know when it's upstream enough to drink? ;)

Wait, I didn't received a notification for this. Anyway, I think that we should take the risk of using the water to clean our wound, then use our clothes (or at least a part of it) as a bandage. After that, we could find a safe place to take a break.

Yes, at the very least, we better use that water to clean wounds. It's better than nothing.
There's no water in our pack so I assume we either don't need water to survive in this world or we're reliant on nature to satisfy the needs of water (in which case we'll drink if we are thirsty).

If we are thirsty, we should boil the water first, right?
Looking at our inventory, we have no container so boiling is not an option. It also means we cannot carry any water -both sanitized and not- and so will not be able to drink until we reach another source or go home.

Ok, so basically we're not thirsty then. Can't believe we forgot to bring water, man. That's the number one killer out here!

Anyway, just clean things up and nothing else fancy then.

(Whoops ! Forgot to bring a water flask.)

And the verdict is...?

I think we all recognize the dangers of unclean water, so let's not use it at all. To clean the wound, we could use urine, which is sterile but not an disinfectant. With regards to the wound, let's see if it will clot on its own, if not, then staunch the bleeding with sap from a tree. official clown business official clown business Pryno Pryno SuppaStar13 SuppaStar13 Do you guys agree?

Lyra watches you work with wide open eyes. "Gosh, how did you learn that?" You just smile and give her a vague answer: "On my previous travels." Soon enough, the wound is cleansed with sterile urine and you've applied sap to help it clot better. ((I'm assuming that works, either way, the wound isn't open anymore :P))

"Let's keep on going," you say. You continue onward for a few more minutes then wade out of the shallow creek. You're both a bit exhausted from the chase and the cold water rushing around your feet and tempting you to trip should your step not be sure. After a half hour or so of rest, you and Lyra begin to discuss the journey.

"I'm not sure which way is to the center anymore," Lyra admits, hugging her knees close to her chest. "And it's already past noonday." Glancing up, you find evidence that this is true. It hasn't started to darken yet, but some hours have passed. "Hey, maybe we should..."

Thwack!

An arrow is lodged in a tree trunk a few inches above Lyra's head. She shrieks. "Who's there! Who just tried to skewer me with that arrow?!" Obviously she is furious, but who exactly is the shooter? Was it bandits? Or someone worse? Nervously, you tell her to calm down.

You can choose to
1| Remain silent and still to listen more closely.
2| Go in the direction the arrow was shot from, assuming they haven't fled yet.
3| Pray to the gods you get out of this forest alive.

A warning shot, or the shooter's first day hunting people? Either way, it's best to be cautious here:
1. I don't think we're that much of a badass yet.
2. Let's see if we can go in the direction the arrow was shot from. It's easy enough to figure out, based on the way the arrow entered the tree. If the archer intends to attack again, it'll be much harder for them with two angry people with swords rapidly approaching.
3. "FAITH IS MY ARMOR!"

Last edited:
It is incomprehensibly funny to me to imagine two people just fling themselves down and start praying feverishly while an archer stares at them. Imagine what the archer is thinking xD With that being said, I agree with official clown business official clown business since staying there is not an option (it's clear he can see us or will have as Lyra just shouted so loudly and stationary targets are too easy to hit) so we should try and use the trees as cover while we advance towards the archer where our swords can actually do some damage.

It would be more difficult for an archer and easier for us to fight on close range. 2.

Edit: Are we even believers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back