• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A New Era: Beginnings

You choose option three.

"Of course I have!" you announce proudly, eager to show off your swordsmanship.

"'Atta lad," the weapons master gives an almost-smile. "Then I'd be happy to show you my collection." You and Lyra follow him to a side room. At first it is dark so you can't see much of anything, but then he flicks a switch and a few bare bulbs illuminate a rack of swords to your right and a rack of assorted other weapons to your left.

You ogle for a moment at the nice display.

He gestures to the weapons "Well, go have a look-see. If you find something, I'll let you know the price."

You can try out...
1 | A nice blade from the rack on the right.
2 | An unconventional bladed weapon from the rack on the left.
3 | A non-bladed weapon (such as a staff or a chain whip) from the rack on the left.

Alert! I require at least three votes to move on to the next choice.

You choose option one.

The blade of traditional swords shines like a beacon to your eye. You test each blade out, some you immediately put back because it's not the right weight, others because they're too ornate, some because they aren't suitable for your sword style.

Eventually... you are down to three blades.

Which do you choose?

( fill in : upload a picture from the interwebs. it's approved as an official option once I "like" it. )

corvo_blade_prop_kit_by_ammnra-d5yj4ov.jpg

Eventually you find a blade that is just right:

The blade is finely balanced and an acceptable weight, on the lighter side. The Weapons Master explains that it costs 10 sils, which you have double in your pouch. Quickly you give him the coin and have gained a sword.

x1 Balanced Blade obtained.

You attach the blade to your belt in place of the Steel Sword and it sits there nicely. You figure you can probably sell the Steel Sword for some coin later.

"C'mon, it's nearly nightfall. I gotta get back to me mum," Lyra says when you're done. "Actually, I've been meaning to ask you..."

You can :
1 | wait patiently for her to continue
2 | "Yes? What is it?"
3 | ( fill in )

"Yes? What is it?" you ask her.

She looks away. "N-nothing. It's--nevermind." She takes a breath. "I'll tell you some other time." You aren't sure if she's seriously committing to tell you later or if she's just avoiding answering.

You shrug and figure that when she's ready she'll talk.

"Anyways, I've got to get back. I'll meet you at the training arena tomorrow, Wrytin!" She is back to her cheery self again and waves to you as you part ways.

You head back for a well deserved rest. The long day's work has made your muscles sore. And tomorrow you'll be combat training on top of that. You exhale and think to yourself that at least you have a job and a place to sleep.

With this thought in mind, you drift off peacefully into slumber.

End of Day Two.

Day Three. Explore the City! continued...

The next day there is no early morning wake up call. The farmer's wife patiently explains that one of the horses got a lame foot and wouldn't be able to haul the produce you were supposed to sell in the market that day. Before she turns to get back to the laundry, you overhear her talking to one of the kitchen aids about selling a mount to a knight. She mentions that it's 35 G for a dun horse and 10 G for a donkey.

Interesting... You're free to explore the town however you'd like today. And so you decide to head to the Weapons Master to sharpen your sword technique. Lyra is there waiting expectantly and she yells at you for being late. You explain to her that she hadn't mentioned what time to meet, before turning to your trainer.

He gives an introduction of who he is: Marvin Eckhardt of the First Order of Royal Knights. (This he seemed to take a lot of pride in.) And then gives you the lowdown on the blade you bought from him. He walks you through the basic strikes and parries before engaging in a short bout of sparring (with wooden sticks fashioned into flat, hiltless swords).

Once the training of the day is completed, you're covered in sweat. Glancing up to the sky you ascertain that it's a bit past noon. Marvin encourages you to go buy some food from the stalls.

You...
1 | Talk to Lyra.
2 | Head for the food stalls.
3 | Ask if there's anywhere to take a shower.

I'm split between 1 and 2, but I think it's best to follow Marvin's advice for now. Whatever she wanted to tell us can wait until she is ready to share it.

You head towards the food stalls with Lyra tagging along. It really doesn't seem like she has anything to do. She is in a mild mood and proceeds to point out all the best fruits and snacks. At the end, she's piled into your arms a huge assortment of delicious eats.

"H-how am I going to pay for all this?" you ask, rather cowed by the various odors now wafting into your nose.

She glances over at you. "Hm? Oh no worries! I've got it covered." She hands the shopkeep a few gold coins and it's all good.

x5 assorted fruit
x5 breads
x5 dried meat

You're rather astounded. Where did she get the money from?

You say to her...
1 | "Hey... you didn't steal that coin did you?" (worried tone)
2 | "Um, where did you get the money from?"
3 | Ignore it and happily eat a piece of fruit!

"Um, where did you get that money from?" you ask her a bit nervously. She better not have stolen it! you think.

"From the mysterious person I told ya about," she replies happily. Blissfully unaware that that sounds super sketchy. First this 'mysterious person' hired a random girl to babysit you around the city, and now xe is paying for your meal? Definite red flag.

But before you can say something else, you feel something nudging your arm. You turn and (awww...) it's a cute and pudgy street urchin. She gives you a gap toothed smile. Before you know it, two older boys have swiped a few food items from your arms.

You...
1 | give chase! a few wallops with the flat of your blade will teach them to steal from you.
2 | yell at them to give those back, but don't go after them yourself. After all, it's not like you could eat all of them yourself and maybe they were really starving or something.
3 | stand and stare.

"Um, where did you get that money from?" you ask her a bit nervously. She better not have stolen it! you think.

"From the mysterious person I told ya about," she replies happily. Blissfully unaware that that sounds super sketchy. First this 'mysterious person' hired a random girl to babysit you around the city, and now xe is paying for your meal? Definite red flag.

But before you can say something else, you feel something nudging your arm. You turn and (awww...) it's a cute and pudgy street urchin. She gives you a gap toothed smile. Before you know it, two older boys have swiped a few food items from your arms.

You...
1 | give chase! a few wallops with the flat of your blade will teach them to steal from you.
2 | yell at them to give those back, but don't go after them yourself. After all, it's not like you could eat all of them yourself and maybe they were really starving or something.
3 | stand and stare.
I feel like they need those food items more than us, so let's let them go this time.

What? A few wallops? They are just kids! However, they could be working for someone, and it would be interesting to check. 1 if we can chase them without hurting them or turning them in. Blank vote if not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back