• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A New Era: Beginnings

Elowyn

word weaver
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This rp will always be open for anyone who wants to join. Please read through all info first before voting. Thanks!

click here to vote on story elements. click here for interest check. click here for further explanation on the mission/goal/quest.

inventory: 1/20 items [poetry parchment]
weapon 1: balanced blade (claymore)
weapon 2: ordinary steel sword
coin: 10s 50p

Hello, Lyra here. I'll be your helper 'n navigator this evenin'! You've stumbled into Newhaven Port, right off the passenger ship, The Fairest. You're currently located in the northeast quadrant of Tharndyr.

Watch out for porpoises!

Places & People
Princess of Mar'mldove, to be rescued...
Tairne of Mar'mldove, received 2 Quests, owns lands in the Northern Province
Lyra Atkinson, helper and nav lady
Newhaven Port, where you landed on The Fairest
City of Newhaven, by the port
Finnyr, the country/continent you're in
Tharndyr, ???
Iron Cove, ???
mysterious figure, ?????
Weapons Master

*An old blue backpack. It can fit up to 20 items. There's not much there. Just a few crumbs from the bread you finished on the boat.
** Coin System
1 G (gold) = 25 sil's (silvers)
1 sil (silver) = 100 pennies (coppers)
1 G = 100 pennies

Last edited:
Hello, it's me again! Lyra Atkinson. Some mysterious figure paid me off to help you get your feet planted solidly. Who was it? Well! Beats me~ I'm just glad to finally have some sil's in me pocket!

So ... you wanna play, right? I mean, go on adventures and stuff? I saw you talking to Tairne earlier. I bet he gave you the same quest he gives every bloke who wanders off the ship! Rescue the princess, but first get my lands back first, eh?

I knew it!

Anyways... I don't know why that person told me to talk to you specifically... *looks you up and down* Cuz you sure don't seem like much.

Respond:
1 | Neither do you.
2 | I may not look it, but I'm actually a very skilled swordsman thank you very much!
3 | *remain silent, thinking to self: Sheesh! Don't judge a book by its cover!*

You chose option #1.

"Neither do you," you say.

Lyra shrugs, nonchalant. "I'm not a knight." She begins walking down the lane and you follow her. There are wooden houses on either side, some more dilapidated than the others. The paving is cobblestone and the street signs are plain wooden planks with words painted sloppily on. It sure doesn't seem like much.

Welcome to the City of Newhaven

reads a sign.

"So what's your story anyhow? How did you end up here?"

1 | Is this an interview?
2 | I'm a wandering sword-for-hire. I came here for the pay.
3 | I thought this seemed like an interesting place to go... plus, I have nowhere better to be... just wanted to get away.

( write your own response option open )

Is this an interview? However if you must know I'm trying to get away from something. My past if you want to ber specific. That's why I came here.
(Added to #1)

^I second "Ha, nothing interesting, just looking for a job". Though for future reference, you could roll a die for tiebreaking so tie situations don't end up interfering with your writing pace.

You chose to fill in.

"Ha, nothing interesting. Just looking for a job." you answer her query.

"Well, if you wanted a job, why didncha say so?" She gives a giggle. "The stablemaster is hiring. 50 pennies fer a day's worth of work. I hear it's a simple job of baling hay, mostly. Do you want to go?"

1 | Sure!
2 | Nah... not right now.

"And, uh, I'm sorry but I kent really tell if you're a boy or a lass." It doesn't seem like she's trying to be insulting. Just curious, and a tad confused by your dirty garments.

1 | I'm a boy.
2 | I'm a lass... I mean, a girl.

We could use some coin in our pocket. It will build strength, endurance and most importantly "character" too!
[1]
"I'm a boy...at least I was the last time I checked" (say this with a cheeky wink)
[1]

You chose option 1 (go work as a stable hand); option 2 (you're now a girl).

"Alrighty~! Follow me." She leads you down several lanes and you end up on the east side of town at a rather dingy looking barn. "Hey ho! Farmer Dan! I've a lass who wishes to work for some sils!"

The older man who looks up from his work is grey-haired and is wearing a hat worn thin with age. He squints to see you buy smiles when he glimpses your face. "AH! A fresh one, eh? Right off the boat," he booms. Then he lowers his voice. "I can smell the salty sea winds on yeh. Tell me, what's yer name sport?"

Your name is...
1 | Lassie
2 | Fen
3 | Rachel

( you have the option to write in your own )

You chose option 1 (go work as a stable hand); option 2 (you're now a girl).

"Alrighty~! Follow me." She leads you down several lanes and you end up on the east side of town at a rather dingy looking barn. "Hey ho! Farmer Dan! I've a lass who wishes to work for some sils!"

The older man who looks up from his work is grey-haired and is wearing a hat worn thin with age. He squints to see you buy smiles when he glimpses your face. "AH! A fresh one, eh? Right off the boat," he booms. Then he lowers his voice. "I can smell the salty sea winds on yeh. Tell me, what's yer name sport?"

Your name is...
1 | Lassie
2 | Fen
3 | Rachel

( you have the option to write in your own )
Wrytin

You chose to write in.

"My name's Wrytin," you say to the old man.

"Wrytin, is it?" He scratches his head. "Ne'er heard of that one before. You must be from a ways away." Then he chuckles. "Well, no matter. If yer able to lift some bales of hay, you're hired. Tell me, how many days do you expect to be around? I'm offering 50 pennies a day."

How long do you want to work for Farmer Dan?
1 | Just for today.
2 | I'm going to be staying for a week or so.
3 | I'm not sure...

"Alright then! I'm Dan Larson. You can call me Farmer Dan, everyone here does." He gives you a big hearty smile and nods to a rack of farm tools. "Everything you'll need is over there. Sun's going down soon. Why doncha stay at my place for tonight? Mah wife would like to give you a good washing, I'll reckon!"

You follow Farmer Dan to his house.

You now have a job as a Stable Hand.

"Bye, Wrytin! It was good meeting you!" Lyra waves and starts back down the path. "Good luck with the job, and I'll see you again some other time!"

End of Day One.

2. Let's get some coin in our pocket, some food in our belly and get acclimatized to this place!

Choice selection set to default on the option more beneficial to Main Hero when there is a tie.

You chose Choice Three.
Start of Day Two.

[ notice: Try to finish the story in as few choice turns as possible. ]

The farmer's wife eagerly gets you into a hot bath and gives you some bread and warm milk.

You go to sleep and wake up refreshed.

The next day, you work all day for Farmer Dan and at the end of it get 50 pennies.

***coin purse: 00 G, 20 s, 50 p

Once you're dismissed for the day, there is still some time in the evening to explore the city.

{{ Main Story Part I: Explore the City! }}

Do you choose to...
1 | Go to the Shops Area. The lane marker indicates that there is a metalsmith there and food stalls. Perhaps you could buy some food or craft a useful item!
2 | Go to the Battle Arena. A young boy is calling out to passerby to join some kind of competition by the sounds of it. There is a hefty reward for the winner.
3 | At the last minute, Lyra shows up a bit out of breath. "I've been looking for you. It's best for you to go to the Weapons Master first and train. That is, if you want to succeed on your mission..."

You choose option 3.

Lyra takes you to the Weapons Master who is at the Practice Arena to the side of the Battle Arena. There is an impressive array of weapons on a wooden rack. The Master himself is a big and burly man, kind of the sort you'd expect. He has black hair with white streaks in it and a close cropped beard. His grey eyes are sharp and stern.

"You lookin' for weapons or sparring?" he asks.

You reply...
1 | weapons
2 | sparring
3 | both!

You chose option 3.

"Both, is it? Don't you seem eager. Ever held a blade before?" He scrutinizes you up and down but his gaze returns to your face for your reply.

You answer him...
1 | Of course I have! (but you really haven't)
2 | Of course I have! (but you only sparred once with your older cousin and he soundly beat you)
3 | Of course I have! (and you were actually quite good with a sword)

You chose option 3.

"Both, is it? Don't you seem eager. Ever held a blade before?" He scrutinizes you up and down but his gaze returns to your face for your reply.

You answer him...
1 | Of course I have! (but you really haven't)
2 | Of course I have! (but you only sparred once with your older cousin and he soundly beat you)
3 | Of course I have! (and you were actually quite good with a sword)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back