• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A New Era: Beginnings

The boys run off laughing maniacally.

You lose x2 meat, x1 bread.

You watch them go.

"Oi! Give those back!" Lyra shouts after them. She looks positively livid and her face is beginning to get splotchy. "Those aren't yours!"

"No, it's okay. They're probably hungry," you smile sadly as the trio disappears. "I still have plenty left." She is quiet and watches you place the remaining food items in your bag.

Blue Backpack: (13/20 slots filled))
[poetry parchment]
[x3 meat]
[x4 bread]
[x5 fruit]

You can...
1 | eat now
2 | browse more stalls (get armor, visit a metalsmith)
3 | head back to the training arena

The boys run off laughing maniacally.

You lose x2 meat, x1 bread.

You watch them go.

"Oi! Give those back!" Lyra shouts after them. She looks positively livid and her face is beginning to get splotchy. "Those aren't yours!"

"No, it's okay. They're probably hungry," you smile sadly as the trio disappears. "I still have plenty left." She is quiet and watches you place the remaining food items in your bag.

Blue Backpack: (13/20 slots filled))
[poetry parchment]
[x3 meat]
[x4 bread]
[x5 fruit]

You can...
1 | eat now
2 | browse more stalls (get armor, visit a metalsmith)
3 | head back to the training arena
The food seems quite cumbersome to carry, let's eat first before deciding where to go next.
(Changed your PP again, eh? It looks nice!)

You eat a piece of fruit and hand one to Lyra as well. Your strength is regained!

Pack (11/20)food x10

"We should probably head back now," Lyra says, stretching.

But before you can move a step, half a dozen men dressed from head to toe in black arrive on the scene.

"Hey! Give us all your money and belongings!" the leader of the gang steps up to you. He threateningly waves around a big metal bat. Uh-oh. This looks bad. It could lead to a fight.

You...
1 | yell at him back
2 | draw your sword
3 | surrender all your stuff

Intimidation will probably not work. Giving the gear is out of the table. As a street gang, they are probably not well equiped and we are not alone. 2!

Intimidation will probably not work. Giving the gear is out of the table. As a street gang, they are probably not well equiped and we are not alone. 2!
Reminder: You also have a civilian [lyra] with you.

I was also going to pick 2. since it has already been established that we are a skilled swordsman, but I will heed your reminder.
I guess we can stall for now 1.
(Isn't Lyra also skilled in fighting?)

I was also going to pick 2. since it has already been established that we are a skilled swordsman, but I will heed your reminder.
I guess we can stall for now 1.
(Isn't Lyra also skilled in fighting?)
Lyra is an ordinary girl. Ordinary girls don't really pick up a sword. So you're kind of a weirdo-o in this situation. That's also why they think they can bully you... but I shouldn't reveal too much yet!! :)

Argh! So many tempting options and too little information! I'll stick with 2 since we have the element of surprise in this situation, we can't let common thieves push us around. We will take out the leader and see how tough the gang is now.

(Also note that if there is a tie the best option will be chosen)

Last edited:
You draw your sword.

"Hey! The skinny one's got a stick!" a scrawny-looking mobster taunted.

Stubbornly you reply "I'm not skinny. And this is no stick." Of course you know that your sword skills aren't anything to laugh at. But will they be enough to fend off the entire gang at once?

You have the option of :
1 | attacking right away
2 | prioritizing defense and fight them as they come
3 | do a feint and take lyra and your stuff with you and RUN!

( fill in option )

"...And if your leader is brave enough, he'll fight me one on one! A fair duel! And if you lose, all of you leave." The challenge has been set.

A tough looking guy with a scary scar on his face gives a taunting belly laugh. "You think you can beat me? You think you can beat me! What do you think of that, boys? Wait til the boss hears, puahahaha!"
The rest of the gang laughs with him an ugly laugh.

At first you don't think he'll actually fight you but then he stops laughing long enough to say, "Alright, puny one. If you beat me we leave you and your little miss alone. But if I win... hehehe, then we'll be taking all yer stuff an' coin... and the girl too!" Lyra cowers close to you.

"Wrytin..." she whispers, obviously afraid. So her next words are a surprise: "Beat him to a pulp!"

Options:
1 | Attack head on!
2 | Go for defense first, then attack when you spot an opening!
3 | Make good use of the feints you've been practicing!

we have need of tie-breaker. or dice. which one? any suggestions?

I thought you would choose the best option in the case of a tie? If not then we can roll a 3 sided dice.
ah good. you've been paying attention. i guess i cannot summon another person at whim, so I best be rolling a dice.
This is an occasion in which no choice would be considered better than the others. It just depends on what fighting style you want.

I'll leave it up for another 24 hrs before rolling a 3 sided die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back