• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Mythical Forest- your decisions affect the plot

Blxrt

social reject
Welcome to the Ebonesian Forest. There are four main sectors, and many more miniscule areas branching off the four sectors. The main four are:

Blackwood Swamp
Blackwood swamp is, well, a swamp. The area is roughly inhabited, since few creatures find it habitable due to high humidity, unstable ground, undrinkable water, and a foul smell secreted by many of the plants on the marsh. There are also many thick trees, with vines and moss everywhere. It is located on the southernmost section of the Ebonesian Forest, and is for the most part inaccessible anyways.

Stonewell Ridge
Stonewell Ridge is a large, rocky area with high hills and a high risk of landslides. Very dangerous, and it is typically not used for travel. There is a complex cave system, and several underground tunnels carved into the rock by old rivers that used to flow in the area. The ground is dry, and mostly stone, with a few areas of dirt. The hill is steep and it is extremely difficult to travel uphill. The caves are the main water source, with large underground lakes.

Hot Springs
As implied by the name, the Hot Springs are a series of lakes and springs heated by the planet itself. Many creatures inhabit this area due to the comfortable temperatures, and bathing areas so conveniently close. The springs don’t have much in the way of plant life, but are still very supportive of creature life, etc.

Greenway
Greenway is the largest sector of the forest, inhabited by most of the creatures that reside in the forest. It has many plants that can be used for both dietary and medicinal purposes, and there is a river flowing nearby that provides a clean, fresh water source. Many families choose to reside here, and many of the most successful shops and merchants do business here. However, a downside is that Greenway has very poor protection, leaving it open to evil spirits and predators.

Creature Roster:*
The creature roster holds a complete list of every race living in the Forest that has been registered, and an overall summary of each race. *Note: The creature roster does not contain any race that has not been officially registered, and does not acknowledge spirits on the list, as most spirits do not stay for any long period of time. Evil spirits are also not registered, due to the fact that they are extremely difficult to track. The creature roster is updated every year, at the Winter Solstice.

Elves
The forest currently holds a number of elves, who mostly reside in Greenway or the Hot Springs. Elves are typically peaceful, with the most powerful ones having three powers at most. Typical number of powers for an elf ranges from 1-2, and their strength varies based on age, training, and residency. *Note: Dark Elves are not registered as citizens, seeing as they are strictly prohibited from residing for any given period of time in the Forest due to their tendencies toward extreme violence and even murder.

Character Slots:
~Me~
1. H HugoVodka
2. Open
3. Open
4. Open
Vampyrs:
Vampyrs are similar to the more commonly known Vampires, but with one main difference: they can only feed off of the blood of fellow Vampyrs. They cannot tolerate ingestion of human blood at all, which is convenient since humans are also prohibited from the Forest, no exceptions. The Vampyrs are strong, powerful beings, with a known limit of four powers to the strongest ones. Average number of powers ranges from 1-3, and is not affected by training, age, or residency.
Character Slots:
1. Open
2. Open
3. Open
4. Open

Witches/Wizards
These are very similar in structure to humans, but are certainly not anywhere near as ordinary. Their powers are quite unpredictable, seeing as they are entirely dependent upon training and typically age. Their spells range anywhere from healing to attacks, to dark magic. *Note: Dark magic is prohibited in Greenway and the Hot Springs, with limited use allowed in all other sectors. Any witch/wizard found violating this prohibition will be stripped of their powers and all memories will be erased of their time in the Forest.
Character Slots:
1. Marmalade Skye Marmalade Skye
2. Open
3. Open
4. Open

Succubi
Succubi are a form of demon, actually. They are considered demons of lust and seduction; their main goal is to seduce mortal men into letting their guard down. Once they’ve achieved this goal, they then proceed to suck the life out of their victims through a kiss.
Character Slots:
1. Open
2. Open
3. Open
4. Open

Incubi
Basically the same as Succubi, with the one exception of them being male. Same goal: trick the mortal into letting their guard down, then suck the life out of them through a kiss. Incubi also occasionally incubate a few rare mortals, to produce more Incubi.
Character Slot:
1. Open
2. Open
3. Open
4. Open

Werewolves
Werewolves are typically seen in the form of a human, however any mythical creature can sense the difference between a human and a werewolf due to scent and aura. Werewolves’ transformations vary based on species. There are currently two known species: Willfull Werewolves and Hardened Werewolves. Willfull werewolves can transform at will, while Hardened werewolves can only transform at certain times of the month; a new moon and a full moon.
Character Slots:
1.Open
2. Open

3. Open
4. Open

Faeries
Faeries are the designated guardians of the Forest, and are very protective of it and its people. They are fairly powerful creatures, with a maximum of three powers. They have a major weakness, however: if one knows their true faerie name, they can be ordered to do anything that person desires without resistance. However, it is extremely difficult to learn the true name of a faerie, seeing as they (obviously) don’t go around telling it to anyone. They refer to themselves by common human names, and that is all.
Character Slots:
1. Open
2. Open
3. Open
4. Open

Sprites
Sprites are a bit like Faeries, but without wings. They’re relatively harmless creatures, but do tend to be rather mischievous. They also are extremely temperamental, and have to be strictly contained to one sector in order to prevent a chaotic outbreak. This designated sector is Stonewell Ridge, where leaders feel they can do the least amount of substantial damage.
Character Slots:
1. Open
2. Open
3. Open
4. Open

Nymphs
There are many types of nymphs, for example: water nymphs, tree nymphs, even rock nymphs. All nymphs are a bit restricted; they cannot stray too far from their true form, or home. Doing so can cause illness and even death after a long period of time. The names of the nymphs themselves tell what type of natural object their home host is, and what area they typically reside in. Rock nymphs reside in Stonewell Ridge, tree nymphs reside primarily in Greenway, and water nymphs can reside in any of the four sectors.
Character Slot:
1. Open
2. Open
3. Open
4. Open

———————————​
Okay, so real talk about joining the RP and stuff. There are rules, a CS, and limited spots available for each creature. (I’m sorry, but that’s just to prevent having a HUGE amount of one race and then none in any of the others, yknow what I’m saying? We don’t need 50 Vampyrs and like 2 faeries, etc.) But no worries about this! One race will have five, for mine and then four other people. That way, I don’t unnecessarily take up room.

Also, romance is NOT the main theme of this, just saying.The plot is a bit of an adventure one/interactive one (plot summary coming soon). This, however, does NOT mean that romance is prohibited. I just don’t want it to be the only thing in the RP, for plot’s sake. In other words, plot > romance, NOT plot < romance.

RULES:
  • Please, please PLEASE don’t make an OP character. I have specified the maximum power limit for the races for a REASON.
  • I shouldn’t have to say this but NO GODMODDING.
  • No NSFW/smut, because (1. The site doesn’t allow it anyways and (2. I don’t do that kinda stuff. So PLEASE keep it outta here.
  • Swearing is allowed, both in the RP and in the OOC, but PLEASE don’t have every other word be a swear word.
  • Drama needs to stay in the RP! NO DRAMA WILL BE TOLERATED IN THE OOC!
  • If you think someone else’s character is too OP, please PM me about it and I will ask them to make some changes depending on the situation. Please DON’T start drama with them over it.
  • Please understand that some people aren’t active 24/7, myself included. Don’t be rude and nag about getting a response, most likely that’ll just make people not want to answer even more.
  • When you post your CS, put “Headed down the trail” so I know you read these rules.
—————
Okay, now that all that yuck is out of the way, I’ll drop a plot summary in a while. Then comes the CS! Thanks for being patient.

Last edited:
PLOT SUMMARY
The plot is set in the Ebonesian Forest, as expected. The storyline begins with the leaders announcing a problem: humans have established a community a bit too close to the Forest for their liking, and they need people to scout out a new location for the Forest to be moved to via magic.
The characters in the RP have been selected randomly from the roster to go exploring, and are sent off without an option of refusal.
However, shortly after their departure, war outbreaks in the Forest, and the borders are sealed to prevent entry/exit. The characters are now left out in the wild by themselves, and who knows what kind of darkness they may encounter?

—————————​
So that’s a general idea of the plot. The rest is totally up to you guys, and the decisions that are made!

This seems super interesting. I would be interested as either a Vampyre or a Fearie. Is it possible to submit/request for your own species?

interested
This seems super interesting. I would be interested as either a Vampyre or a Fearie. Is it possible to submit/request for your own species?
Still have spots open?

Yes! We have spots open (last I checked) And you can request a species. Just run it by me first.

Also I won’t be able to respond to anything for the next couple days, since my bday is tomorrow and my family is traveling. Please be patient! ^w^

Ah I like this
Soooooo down for this
interested
Still have spots open?
Happy Birthday!

When you return may I request a succubi Roosevelt’s?

Guys I’m officially back, if you’d like you can post character submissions at the CS page.
Fantasy - Ebonesian Forest CS
Also for any questions please go to the OOC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back