• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
7C74F0A0-E12B-44D8-88A9-0D1602733C6C.png
Alessandra
Interaction(s) : semi-open

Aless knew better than to question the orders of a medical professional, especially one with the ability to do what Sera had just done. Assassin or not, the girl was certainly not to be underestimated. Still, it took that stark reminder that her body was in dire need of food and rest for the woman to keep herself from seeking out Adelaide.

Perhaps it was time to simply let her cousin stew for once instead of tending to her ego.

Alessandra made her way outside, where she tracked down a plate of food and filled the biggest cup she could find with water. Thanks to that healer’s work on her, she was able to eat slowly. On the other hand, that extra pause she took between bites forced her deeper into her own thoughts.

Darius had to have sent Mordred, unless of course the two had had a row. Both options posed serious problems for the rebellion and for Adelaide. If Addie saw her brother before Aless could explain what he had become...she couldn’t let that happen. Whether or not Mordred was working for his father, the mere fact that he and his men were as close as they were meant that she was out of time. If Addie was going to stand a chance against the king, she was going to need an army.

An army they simply did not have, let alone the funds to arm and keep.

Aless knew she was wearing a scowl, and for once she was somewhat glad that her powers were utterly drained from her journey. Had she been her normal self, there would more than likely be a wall of writhing darkness around her. Already, the recruits found her unsettling. She didn’t need to give them another reason to loathe the sight of her.

When she had finished her plate, Aless stood to her feet and returned to her tent to rest. She knew that the camp would need to begin preparations for a full retreat at once, but the moment her head touched the pillow she was unconscious.​

Last edited:
Othar hid in the monk's robes as his master entered the inn and walked towards the counter, his eyes taking in the scenery of the establishment and the tables and smell of alcohol wafting in the air, not overwhelming the scent of the fire blazing within the hearth thankfully or the smell of roasted meat. Taking a seat at table in a dark corner, he waited for someone to serve him, Othar chirping beneath his robes but being otherwise still as it clung to his body with its claws and rough pads. So...I am in the southern kingdom. That's a problem. The bandits must have moved quicker then he'd thought to retrieve him from the northern kingdom and bring him south to what he could see, was a useless kingdom. There didn't seem to be any royalty, not that he would expect royalty to fraternize with the peasantry. So...I need to obviously travel north. Father, I wish you were here to give advice on what to do. You did always warn me about bandits...perhaps it's time to...bring said bandits to justice hmmm?

But that meant revealing his powers...or revealing his status as King Darius's nephew. They might try to hold the eastern prince hostage, let alone kill him and he didn't much feel like having to deal with another nutcase that wanted to kill him over some preconceived notion of grandeur and glory. Hearing Othar's questioning words, the prince shrugged and the pseudo-dragon slipped down his master's body, then camouflaging himself to go and curl up near the fireplace where it was warm. Dragons...no matter their size, they desire the warmth of a fire. Unless they be the marine dragons...then they desire ice and cold.

Interacting with: Lucas
( StaidFoal StaidFoal ), Zeia ( Pumpkid Pumpkid ), Yera, ( Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ), Adrian ( Samevi Samevi ), and Riza ( FuzzySheep12 FuzzySheep12 )

Sweat brimming her brow, Adelaide settled the buckets at the feet of the cook. Water sloshed at the bucket's sides, spilling cold liquid onto the man's leather boots. He scowled.

"I thought princesses were to be graceful," he spat, shoving a wooden spoon into the iron pot hung over a fire he was tending to.

His lack of appreciation and manners grated her nerves. Mischief tugging at the corners of her lips, Adelaide gestured to the man's arm. He frowned and glanced down. There, clinging to the cuff of his sleeve, was a black spider larger than the breadth of his hand. He let out a 'yelp' and slapped at the spider with the spoon he had retrieved from the pot. The spider fell in the grass and seemingly vanished. Catching onto the woman's mental trick, the cook turned an enraged glare to the princess as she gave him her back and departed the makeshift kitchen area.

"You little-" A colorful arrangement of insults nipped at her heels, but she never lost her smile.

However inappropriate the antics were, she found herself reveling at the bit of humor she had dug up in such a dreary setting. But whatever satisfaction she had gained from the interaction with the cook was lost as she stumbled upon a conversation near the falls. Adjusting to the glaring sun a gap in the trees permitted along a narrow path leading to falls, she shielded her eyes and noticed a group huddled there.

One particular boy caught her attention. She recalled him from breakfast, but knew nothing about him. As she observed him, she watched him interact with the dove. The same dove who had perched itself in the trees outside Aless's tent. Of course his countenance and pet alone were not enough to warrant the sudden suspicion that sprang up within her but those along with the topic at hand, aroused it.

Stepping from the path, Adelaide made her presence known to the group.

"I, myself, lean more toward a monotheistic approach to theology," Adelaide said, eyes never leaving the boy as she spoke. "But I care not who believes the lies of the church Darius has managed to use to attack the innocent. If your gods are not for us, you do not belong to our cause."

There was a warning in her voice, one that brooked no response and one too pointed not to be taken personally. Jutting her chin, she shifted her weight from one foot to another, challenging him to question her authority. After years of watching poor souls being dragged down the red and white chequered floor of the throne room to their bloody fate while the church idly stood aside without question, she had no tolerance for anyone who used their religion to kill innocents. Whether or not they associated the Marked with the goddess of decay, made no difference.

Anyone who opposed her cause was an enemy and would be treated as such.

Thick, black lashes splayed just beneath her brow as dark green eyes flitted from the boy to the rest of the group. Her shoulders relaxed, albeit slightly.

"Those who choose to stay are welcome to fight," Adelaide said, her voice softening. "And they will be regarded as friends. Not even Shaione can stop our cause."

Last edited:
Sera Albion

After leaving Alessandra in her tent, Sera made her way back to the pond by the waterfall, thinking perhaps the morning crowd might have thinned a bit. She might be able to find a spot to more properly bathe herself without worrying about so many prying eyes. On arrival, she found that she was correct--there were fewer people here, though there were still a few groups loitering around, including the man and woman who were flirting with each other when she'd come earlier. The pair was now joined by an elegant looking fellow with snow-white hair in a low ponytail, a young boy, and...by the gods, did that other woman have wings and scales?

Sera had met plenty of Marked Ones in her travels, but few had physical characteristics so telling. Most Marked, like Sera herself, could hide in plain sight simply by making sure their telltale birthmarks were covered at all times. She couldn't imagine how much trouble it would be for people like that woman or like Silver--Marked who couldn't hide their true nature because of their physical traits--to blend in to large groups. She felt sad for them. Sera knew all too well what it was like to live in fear of other people--the isolation, the loneliness, the terror of possible discovery--even with just a birthmark. It must all be a great deal worse if you couldn't hide what you were just by covering your skin.

Also with the small group was, surprisingly, Princess Adelaide herself. So this is where she'd run off to in order to escape from Alessandra, Sera thought with some amusement.

She slipped by the group as inconspicuously as she could, hoping not to be noticed. She found a relatively secluded spot in the pond, with plenty of foliage nearby with which to obscure herself as she bathed. Public bathing in a place like this was something she'd done before, and she wasn't a prude, exactly, but Sera much preferred privacy when washing. It wasn't just because she didn't like people seeing her naked, though that was at least a part of it, to be honest. Her discomfort was more because of the fact that, by removing her clothing, Sera had no choice but to also reveal the blue, butterfly-shaped Mark on her back, positioned just between her shoulder blades. If anyone saw that--anyone who knew what it meant, anyway--her life would be in danger. Logically, she shouldn't need to worry about something like that in a camp full of other Marked like this, but old habits died hard, especially ones borne of fear. She didn't think she'd ever be able to completely shake those old insecurities, no matter whether the rebellion succeeded or failed.

She removed her clothing quickly, undid her hair from its usual long braid, and, despite the cold water, rushed into the pond as quickly as she could. She was careful along the way to make sure no one could see her back. Teeth chattering from the cold, Sera scrubbed at the dirt and grime she'd accumulated during her long, impromptu march through the woods the night before and made sure to clean her long hair thoroughly. All the while, she kept her body in the water up to her neck at all times, just to make sure her Mark remained safely submerged and invisible.

She got through her bath without anyone seeing her, or so she thought. She looked around carefully before she finally decided it was safe to try and get out. Just as she raised her body high enough out of the water that her blue butterfly became visible, however...

"You have a beautiful Mark," called a familiar voice from the shadow of a tall tree nearby.

"Eep!" Sera all but dove back into the pond, a large splash following in her wake. She hadn't noticed him until he spoke because he was standing in the shadows, but she saw him now: one of her kidnappers from the night before. He was the one she internally referred to as "Left," because of the side of her he'd been walking on when she first heard him speak. He was standing with his back to her now, careful not to look at her naked form.

"Are you crazy?!" she yelled. "Were you watching me this whole time? What kind of perverted assho--"

"Relax, Doc," Left interrupted levelly. "I didn't see anything, promise. I was looking for the princess and I happened to see the Mark on your back as I was passing by. It really is quite lovely," he said appreciatively. "I'm jealous. Mine is just a glowing, muddy brown splotch on my left butt cheek."

"Charming," Sera replied sarcastically.

"It's actually a good thing I ran into you," he said. "I have something I could use your help with. You see--"

"Could we maybe discuss this when I have clothes on?"

"Oh, uh...right. I'll just, uh...wait over here until you're decent." He shuffled behind the tree he was standing next to.

"What a gentleman," Sera muttered. She attempted for the second time to reach her bag and her clothes on the shore of the pond and was thankfully not interrupted this time.

When her clothes were back on, Sera sat down at the pond's edge and began the careful process of re-braiding her hair. "You can come out now," she called. "What was it you wanted help with?"

Left emerged once more from the shrubbery. "You know, you needn't be so nervous about people seeing your Mark. I told you last night, you are among friends here. No one will harm you."

"What makes you think I was nervous," she countered defensively.

"I've never seen anyone bathe quite so...furiously. Racing as though if you didn't finish fast enough, the world would end."

She glared at him angrily. "'Just passing by,' huh? 'Didn't see anything?' Sounds like you were watching a little longer than you let on."

"Y-yes, well...anyway, on to more important matters." Left cleared his throat uncomfortably before switching topics abruptly.

Despite the awkwardness of the last several minutes, the man's face was all seriousness now. "A nearby village was attacked by a large force last night," he said, taking a seat next to her. "Reports say the attackers were a military group, well-armed and well-trained. They weren't flying banners or wearing uniforms, but based on the methodical way they moved and organized themselves, we suspect they're probably affiliated with the king rather than just some random group of bandits. They were apparently led by a monster, or so the villagers claimed. He and his men sacked the village, took what they pleased, and were gone barely before the sun even rose over the horizon." Left grimaced. "He was reportedly headed in the direction of several other villages. We haven't gotten word yet about whether he sacked those too, but I expect he has by now."

Sera frowned. "Why on earth would the king order the destruction of some random villages in the middle of nowhere?" King Darius was well known for being harsh on commoners through stringent laws and taxes--to say nothing of his witch hunt for the Marked--and it wasn't at all beyond him to kill those he thought had disrespected him or been somehow disobedient, but he rarely destroyed entire settlements with seemingly no provocation.

"The survivors reported that the monster in charge kept asking about the whereabouts of two princesses. Our princesses. Seems they believe--correctly, unfortunately--that their missing royals are somewhere in the Southern kingdom and they're destroying anything and everything in their path to finding them."

"I see," Sera said grimly. "And you intend to fight this group before they cause anymore damage? I don't know why you want my help with that. I told you I won't fight unless my life is in danger."

Left shrugged. "We're a bit divided on that, actually. Some of our leaders want to fight them to protect more innocent civilians from a similar fate. Others would rather us relocate for now. Find a safer hiding spot, build our strength, and then confront them once we're in a better position to handle them."

"Which side do you fall on?"

"No clue," he responded with a shrug. "We can't really decide what to do until we have more information. That's why me and some of the others wanted to put together a scouting party. We intend to inspect the damage at the village, perhaps get intel from the survivors about the enemy's numbers and disposition. We also want to aid the remaining villagers in any way we can. They probably need supplies and help rebuilding. They likely have too many injured to count, and more corpses than they can bury. It won't be much, but we can perhaps do something to ease their suffering. I was on my way to run the plan by the princess when I happened upon a certain someone bathing as intensely as if her very life depended on it. A doctor would be awfully helpful to have around for this mission," he finished suggestively.

"I see," Sera said. She tossed her finished braid back over her shoulder with a tired sigh. Tired because she hardly slept the night before, yes, but also tired of hearing such heartbreaking stories of senseless killing and destruction in the name of the king. Darius was always reaching for more--more power, more land, more money, more everything--and always it was the innocent people he was supposed to protect who suffered for it. It was as though their lives meant nothing to him. Every person in the world, high or low, rich or poor, young or old, was nothing but a piece on a game board in his eyes, existing only to be used and sacrificed as necessary to reach his own twisted ambitions, whatever those were.

Of course Sera wanted to help the poor victims of that horrible man's power-hungry scheming. She hardly even had to think before answering Left's unspoken question. "I'll come with you," she said. "When do we go?"

Left smiled. "I thought you'd say that. We meet in one hour out in the main plaza. It's about a two hour ride from here. I'll have a horse saddled for you."

"Thank you," she replied. She regarded him curiously. "You know, I never did learn your name," she said. She could hardly go on thinking of him as "Left" for the rest of her life.

"Ezekiel," he said, rising back up to his feet with a grunt. "Or just Zeke. I'll see you in an hour, Doc."

Zeke gave her a wave and headed over to the group where Princess Adelaide still lingered, probably to inform her and the others of the plan to send a scouting party to the village that was attacked by the "monster."

Sera remained seated by the shore of the pond for a time, thinking about the destroyed villages and the victims within them. She stared out at the rippling water, alone with nothing but dark thoughts and bad memories to keep her company.

Mentioned: Morrighan Morrighan (Alessandra), WillfulWren WillfulWren (Silver), Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Jayera), Pumpkid Pumpkid (Zeia), StaidFoal StaidFoal (Luca), Samevi Samevi (Adrian), FuzzySheep12 FuzzySheep12 (Riza), MarieK MarieK (Adelaide)

Open for Interaction

Last edited:
Mother Julia
Interactions: Morrighan Morrighan (Darius)​

1606881318201.pngIt was in this very spot that the first Mother Superior, Dinah, heard the whispers of Shaione. It was here that the prosperous religion began, where the Grand Cathedral of Kestramor was built, ravaged, and restored. It was here where Mother Julia kneeled in daily prayer, adorned in the Mother Superior attire of tradition. It didn't feel all too long ago when she was only in her 20s, walking down through the rays of sunlight to meet with Mother Helena. If she was still alive, Julia wondered, what would she say? Would she be proud of her choice? Disappointed? Oh, Mother Helena, why did you choose me?

Mother Julia prayed before the golden statue of Shaione, towering above the cathedral grounds at 50 feet. In front of it was a marble altar, lined with red fabric and food offerings. She counted the seconds in her head, knowing that the hour's end drew near. At the entrance, she heard faint footsteps enter. "May all who share the gift of compassion and love find prosperity and reveal to us those bathing in darkness. Just as water cannot flow without land, those bathing in darkness require the light to see where they go. As the sun and moon orbit around earth, the center of the universe, so too will the fruitless conflicts of our time spin forth and back. May all be fed. May all be healed. May all be loved. Amen." Slowly, she rose and faced the visitor. "Indeed they have, Your Majesty." She offered a respectful bow and a polite smile to the king as he approached.

For Darius to venture out to meet with the Mother herself; she thought it must have been important. To Julia, kings and Mother Superiors were mere business acquaintances, each doing their own thing while occasionally coming to each other for help. Part of her felt she owed it to the king, especially with Mother Helena's unwavering support and loyalty not far off in history. "Is there business you needed to conduct with me? Preferably with haste. I'm due to meet with some of my Deacons out in Alynthi as a group of missionaries sometime tomorrow, and I'm afraid there is little free time before that."

Luca de Malvaela
Interactions: Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Yera) Samevi Samevi (Adrian) MarieK MarieK (Adelaide)
Nearby: Pumpkid Pumpkid (Zee) FuzzySheep12 FuzzySheep12 (Riza)​

1606883187594.pngLuca shook his head at Yera. "Only birds. And I can't say I've been in the woods for long. They keep me... company." He looked around the falls and the amount of people now gathering here. There wouldn't be a chance to bathe peacefully, would there? Slightly annoyed, he let out a soft sigh. There'll be a time later in the week, he decided.

Another man, tall and neatly dressed, interjected their conversation. He appeared fairly young, but before Luca could dwell on him any further, he inquired of his religion. Luca cleared his throat, smiling passionately behind his hand. "Shaionity; it has existed for centuries. You must have heard of the Grand Cathedral up in Kestramor, surely? The very first Mother Superior, Mother Dinah, ordered its constructed there. It's where she received the first three Constrictions, as well! If you haven't been living under a rock, you've had to have learned of Mother Anna the 23rd? She was the first who added a Constriction, being the 4th: Keep thyself clean to avoid influence of the Decay Goddess; wash at least once a week and do not feast on raw flesh or dirt-ridden foods. Perhaps I may lend you a copy of Shaione's Tome? I believe you'll find the texts to be greatly influential..." Whether Adrian was listening or not, Luca gleefully rambled on about Shaionity's history and little details.

He only stopped when the familiar voice from before called out to them. Princess Adelaide stepped out from the path, staring directly into Luca. Out of sheer surprise, he stumbled backward onto his behind, locking eyes with her. Even so, he was now subject to the full authority of the "kidnapped" princess.

"But I care not who believes the lies of the church Darius has managed to use to attack the innocent."

Of course. It wasn't personal or purposefully heretical; it was a warning. That's all it is. A result of the decreed laid by the late Mother Helena. The 7th Constriction, which chalked all Marked as agents of destruction, necessary to be apprehended. As she spat her piece, Luca felt a twinge of fear the longer she stared, making him to tug his hood up."Y-You're..." wrong? No, she is not. Luca quietly stammered out incoherent jargon, feeling backed against a wall and unable to think of what to say. She wasn't directly accusing him, but it felt so... frightening. As if to say that she was watching him; if he was part of the zealous Church that went fully against any and all Marked.

"If your gods are not for us, you do not belong to our cause."

"He's a blasted heretic!" He was in the darkness again, surrounded, eyes drilling into him. "Our Gods are not for him. He doesn't belong with us!"

Luca's breath picked up as he quickly glanced around himself from under the hood, avoiding the acute gaze of Adelaide. It's just a warning, why am I acting so... By the Constrictions... the eyes are staring... aren't they? I'm surrounded, and they're staring... Father, Mother, why must I have been out there? Why are there so many? I'm scared... No, she only meant it as a warning! Don't be... Don't be so... She willingly spoke against Shaione... They really are such... Overreacting. You're overreacting.

Above the trees and the group, Cleo and several other doves flapped around. They cooed and moulted while flying in circles, then diving towards Luca. The blue-eyed dove, Cleo, perched on Luca's thigh, beside his hand. The other doves landed around the boy, surrounding him in a circle with a cacophony of noise. Cleo hopped on Luca's hand, and he brought it closer to his chest, gently stroking it with his other hand. His breathed slowed and calmed. He lifted his soft gaze to everyone's feet, unable to look any higher. "I... I'm sorry... I don't know why I felt so... so... unnerved? It's... a habit of mine..." The doves are kind. They are safe. They won't stare. They are friends. Cautiously, he let Cleo fly off once again, looking down at his feet as he tried shambling away from the group.

"For someone of highest faith, you are close-minded," answered the soft voice of a woman. "Give him a chance, and we will see where we go from here..."

Last edited:
Adrian Tepes
Location - Waterfall
Interactions - [ StaidFoal StaidFoal (Luca) | Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Yera) | MarieK MarieK (Adelaide) | FuzzySheep12 FuzzySheep12 (Riza) ]
1606884592605.pngAdrian paused for a moment, turning to face Adelaide and shaking his head. "As I recall, the legends and myths surrounding Shaionity make no mention of those who are marked. Any condemnation of us does not come from those deities, rather, humanity -- which is what this group is fighting against, yes?"

Reaching into the folds of his robes, Adrian retrieved a small book, opening it to its midpoint and looking down at its pages as he continued talking. "Not to mention the logical fallacy that one of Shaione's own devout followers would be a marked contradicts the very viewpoint King Darius wishes to impose on the people. As such, I would say... Be and let be when it comes to religion, hm?"

The mentioning of the name Mother Anna the 23rd certainly did remind him of a name in his father's journal -- one which he keeps on him at all times, and the primary keeper of all knowledge Adrian has picked up over the years. Unfortunately, he had no clue where his father had gone or their appearance. Otherwise, the questions about himself that have cropped up over the years would have been answered by now. Yet all he had was a name.

"Mother Anna the 23rd... No, I do not believe I need a tome. I have read it many times cover-to-cover. Another read would do no good for me, since my father's bloodline was excommunicated from the church." He closed the book and tucked it under his arm, his brow furrowed as he loses himself in thought.

Silver
Outskirts of camp
Interacts with - Leonard ( Fenris Fenris ), Xan ( Pumpkid Pumpkid ) and Petra ( LeelLu LeelLu )​
Leonard's teasing would be met with the now very familiar look of confusion from the shapeshifter. She didn't know what a perceptive feat was, but she understood enough to know that he was somehow making fun of her, and so she'd snarl. Baring teeth that may not have been as large as those of the mountain lion form she'd taken earlier, or had as much power behind them but were still a good deal sharper than average.

Beyond the threat though, she didn't do anything else, even though she had decided that if he did that again she would have to bite him. It wouldn't do to have everyone thinking they could make fun of her as they pleased.

"He's pretty useless," she announced, "He trips over tree roots and he doesn't notice anything! A whole herd of deer could walk right past him and he wouldn't even notice!"

Talks of princesses and causes would quickly lose her interest, and Silver shrugged. "It doesn't sound that exciting." She mumbled, due to still not really having a clue as to what any of this 'rebellion' business entailed.

Interacts with: Luca ( StaidFoal StaidFoal ) Adrian ( Samevi Samevi )

A softness loosened the binds of tension in her jaw and unclenched her teeth, instilling the plumpness back into her lips which had been pressed into a straight, pale line. The obviousness of the boy's apprehension gave her pause and stirred the contents of her stomach with remorse. If the boy truly was the church's spy, he was merely a toy- an innocent instrument used at the hands of one who paid no heed to youth's fragility. But that begged the question: was he too far gone to see the truth? Adelaide gave herself a mental shake. Reminding herself that the boy could very well be innocent and her suspicions, misplaced, she tore her glare from the boy to a man who was...

Defending the boy? Adelaide's brow furrowed at the thought's proposal that the boy needed defending against her. The severity of the warning might have been perceived as an outright attack. And why couldn't it be? The boy was just that- a boy.

Or was he simply participating in an exchange of knowledge?

Glancing back to the boy, she leveled a warning stare at him. Her first priority was to protect those who had entrusted her with their lives and the future of their families and country. Forsaking her instincts would be a betrayal to them and herself. But this boy was also under her care and he need not fear anyone within the camp, much less her.

"You are accepted among the Marked and will be protected by myself and those here," she assured him. "If you had seen what I have seen, heard what I have heard, you may also be inclined to despise an institution that is marred with the same blood that stains Darius's hands. But know this day I give you my trust and my vow to protect you with my life just as I will for everyone who chooses to stay and fight."

With an exhale, she abandoned her suspicions. The decisive set of her mouth gave way to a tight smile in attempt to assure the youth. If her suspicions were unfounded, they would have no reason to worry. If they proved accurate, then perhaps the boy could be won over. Not for the cause, but as a fellow Marked and potential friend or ally.

Nevertheless, he deserved a chance. Everyone did.

With one last glance and nod at Adrian, Adelaide turned back toward the camp, leaving the group to return to their conversation.

The pain in her head by now was near crippling. She would have to go to her tent and try to sleep for a few hours, hoping that a bit of rest would help.

Last edited:
1606980014522.pngLeonard Whitlock
Rebel camp perimeter

Judging by Silver's reaction his earlier comment had missed its mark. He'd have to apologize later, take a moment to explain his intent behind the jibe. Subterfuge ran contrary to her honest nature, a rare thing, and so perhaps he'd be wise to simply leave it at an apology. For now all Leo could do was accept the verbal barb in return. “It's certainly true that I'm more at home in the alleys and streets of a city than these woods. You see, I'm a merchant by trade and naturally that necessitates spending if I can turn a profit later. Guess that's the entire trick to the profession, isn't it?” He responded matching Xan's smile despite feeling a tad nervous about the shapeshifters bared fangs.

The pair was still sizing them up, Leonard didn't have to rely upon years of dealing with ever new customers to tell as much, but he felt no hostility in either Petra's bubbling excitement or Xan's composed questions. Which led him to actually answering the raven haired man's inquiry. “It must have been quite the speech to have you asking questions which have seen people dangle from the short rope. Never the less, its nice not having to hide or be judged for something you have no say in.”

After short consideration the blonde added to Silver's mumbled opinion of joining the rebellion with a nod, “Nor does it seem profitable; but there is more to it, isn't there? Nothing worthless and boring could gather people like this.” With a gesture at Petra he continued, “You look the part of a traveler and mentioned its excitement, yet you are more than a mere thrill seeker and Xan doesn't seem to be the type to unnecessarily risk his life. I get a feeling there is more to this rebellion than meets the eye; besides letting good opportunities go to waste so easily would undermine any confidence I have left after that harsh assessment.”

Almost as an after thought Leo added, “In any case, I'd feel much better knowing where the nearest town is. Some of the unsold products on my cart might be of use around here and I could contact the trade guild for more. Did you happen to spot a trail during your exploration? Or perhaps we should go speak with the princess or an assigned quarter master, what do you think?”

(There was some buzzing in discord about exploring a recently plundered town and figured this might make a good segue for anyone who would like to tag along)

Jayera
9cfa12caf2e89f06ee6e2f6c39c654f6.jpg

The group Jayera was interacting with seemed to grow little by little, something that didn't bother her. In her opinion, the more people she got to know the merrier since they were all supposed to a team. Granted, she wouldn't trust these people with her life seeing as most of them weren't in the slightest bit of battle-ready. Yera prided herself on learning how to fight on her own and was a pretty good shot with a bow, but she had never used those skills offensively. To be quite honest she preferred using her powers and playing with their heads, incapacitating them that way. It was better than taking their life to her, even if it did leave them mentally scarred for life. Zee's response made her tilt her head as he informed her he was easily annoyed, something Yera could already tell. She often tried her best not to intrude on people's emotions without their permission but it didn't always happen that way. If anything, she just ignored it so they wouldn't feel as if she were invading their privacy.

She turned her attention back to their new companion who seemed just as excited by the topic of religion as Luca. The topic was sure to bother Zee even more which was something she took a mental note of. Everyone she had met so far seemed to have some sort of psychological issue and it was definitely interesting to her if she were being honest. The white-haired man asked her what religion she followed, which made her rub the back of her head. "Ahh, where I come from we're more of a spiritual group of people. Everything we interact with has a spirit, especially the Moon. It's a lot to explain during an introduction, but maybe I'll tell you more about it one day." The main reason she was so against telling them about it was because of how heavily it affected her own life, which meant opening up and telling more information about herself and she wasn't going to do that on day 1. She wasn't sure at what point Zee had gotten so close to her but it did catch her off-guard as he whispered in her ear. It wasn't until he backed away that she let go of the breath she was holding. She had no one to blame but herself for teasing and flirting with him so confidently and for not paying attention. 'That won't happen again.' She thought to herself, in reference to him catching her at a vulnerable moment. Luca informed her of his powers, to which she nodded her head in understanding. "Still very useful. Especially for spying..."

The other person, Riza, stumbled over and introduced themselves causing Jayera to give a small wave. "Yera." She stated, her eyebrows twitching. When someone's emotions were overwhelming, she could feel it and it was bothering her. Usually, she was able to ignore it but this time around it was too much. The source was coming from Zee, watching as he departed from the group. She wanted to go after him but was distracted by the sudden appearance of the Princess. Yera herself recognized the monarchy, respected some of them even, but she didn't like royals. Perhaps this Princess would be different seeing as she was rebelling against her father in the name of the Marked. Hearing her speak to Luca and to his religion, she didn't know why it rubbed her the wrong way. It just felt as if he was being attacked, this innocent young boy, just because of what he was raised to believe. As she opened her mouth to speak, the man with the white hair rose to his defense first. She gave a small smile to herself, knowing that he would be in good hands before she went after Zee.

"You know, had you taken me up on my previous offer you wouldn't be wrapping your hand the way you are now."

Interactions:
Zeia ( Pumpkid Pumpkid ) Luca ( StaidFoal StaidFoal ) Riza ( FuzzySheep12 FuzzySheep12 )

In the inn that he'd been taken to, there would be a body discovered later that evening, a scream that would pierce the inn and cause a ruckus within the establishment. Before the church, Bagaskoro would head into one of the...finer stores and purchase some various clothing for the two slaves he now owned. There was no reason for them to be undressed or shabby in appearance when accompanying the mystic prince after all, though they'd no clue who their new master was. All the monk had said was that he'd had connections to the northern king which had been enough to cause them submit. It was here he could be found, if one were quick enough, otherwise he would be at the church, conversing with a priest and trying to get more information for his uncle and his own curiosity on these bandits that had kidnapped him.

Atlas

1607032057128.png

Atlas was at his forge working the metal in to the shape of A sword sweat dripping from his brow with each strike the steel would move stretch and bend. He picked up the steel and inspected it looking at it carefully before setting the steel down and breathing fire on it heating it to a bright orange/red before putting it in the oil.
He took it out of the oil with the steel setting its self ablaze with how hot it was he grabbed a file and dragged it across the blade to see it skate across without catching on it. Grinning he said " perfect " while he balanced it on his finger "now all that needs to be done is to sharpen it and A handle needs to be put on it then it is complete". He set the weapon down and went back to his workbench were two beautiful daggers sat, Atlas picked them up and brought them to the grinding stone sitting down he dipped them in the water before he put one on to the stone grinding the edge making it as sharp as A razor he did this to both of them taking them and shaving hair off his arms to test their sharpness. After sharpening them he dried them off and started to polish them while also inspecting the guard and handle to see if they needed to be repaired once he was done polishing them and inspecting them with A satisfied smile he wrapped them in a cloth and set them aside going back to working on the other weapons for the camp and recruits.

Last edited:
Sera Albion

An hour after speaking with Zeke about the scouting mission, Sera, dressed in sturdy travel gear with a warm cloak and a conical hat, stepped onto a dirt road in a clearing just outside the sea of tents in the rebel camp. It was down this very road Sera had been led only a few short hours ago, thinking she may well be executed when she got inside the City in the Trees. Now, however, it stood clogged with the countless men, women, and animals who were meant to all head together to the recently attacked village.

When Zeke had called it a "scouting mission," Sera had been under the impression it would be a relatively small group, but it seemed every available soldier, smith, builder, medic, scribe, and merchant had been conscripted into the effort, all with horses to carry them along the way. It was less a tiny group of elite scouts on a secret mission and more a small army of untrained volunteers aiming only to help the downtrodden people who now desperately needed assistance. Sera took some heart in the inherent goodness of the effort and the show of solidarity within the camp for those unjustly deprived of their lives and livelihoods.

"And there she is," called Zeke. Sera shifted her attention his way and saw him headed toward her through the crowd leading a small gray mare--barely big enough to be called a proper horse rather than merely a pony--by its bridle. "Good to see you, Doctor. I managed to get you a ride. Seems they call this little one 'Moondancer.' She isn't much, but she'll get you to the village and back."

Sera smiled delightedly and took the horse's bridle from her kidnapper-turned-travelling-companion. She stroked Moondancer's silver mane gently and laughed. "Aw, she's perfect. Thank you. I'm sure she and I will get along splendidly. Won't we, pretty girl?" Moondancer snorted and, true to her name, her feet shuffled beneath her as though dancing. It seemed she was eager to go.

Sera usually traveled place to place on foot. Horses were expensive to buy and maintain, so they weren't typically worth the cost in the young doctor's eyes. The only times she ever bought one was when either the king's henchmen were right on her tail and she needed to make a quick getaway or she planned to go a particularly long distance all at once. In either case, she always sold the animals back to another stable once she was done with them. Consequently, it was very rare that she ever had to deal with horses.

"We'll be leaving shortly," Zeke said. "We're just waiting on a few more stragglers. I've got to go see that the scouts and soldiers aren't lollygagging about. I'll see you two once we're on the road." With a wave, the man walked off and was quickly swallowed back into the large crowd of people so that Sera could no longer find him.

"Hmm," Sera watched the crowd into which Zeke had disappeared for a moment, contemplating. "He's handsome enough, I suppose," she confided in the horse. "But his personality leaves something to be desired. And I don't think I could ever get over the kidnapping incident even if it didn't. Honestly, what was that fool thinking with that stupid stunt? Ah, well..."

Putting Left out of her mind, Sera turned back to Moondancer and resumed stroking her mane and nose. "I hope you're a calm one," she said, a hint of anxious pleading in her soft tone. "I don't mind if you're not that fast, as long as you stay on the road and don't buck me off. It would be wonderful if nobody noticed what a terrible rider I am..."

Open for Interaction

Xan Blackwell
Location: Campsite / Interactions: Leonard Fenris Fenris Petra LeelLu LeelLu Silver WillfulWren WillfulWren
69c26320c4befb1494dafc2653a1e7a0.jpg Xan frowned hearing Petra dejected, it was unbecoming for such a bubbly person. He knew she meant no ill-intent given how she came across to him minutes ago. He touched her shoulder and gave a gentle squeeze. "It's alright, I was surprised too." He confessed. She then asked the group about the Princess. He was certain if they were marked, they would indeed have heard what she represents. Putting together a rebellion full of marked will be easy, should they agree. The blonde instantly returned to her old self as she told the new acquaintances their stance. He nodded in agreement. Silver suddenly bared her teeth in a threatening manner towards her friend as she embarrasses him with factual insults when it came to hunting. "I'm sure it's not on purpose, right. Some people are naturally clumsy." Xan scoffed lightly. The feline grew disinterested when it came to the rebellion. He wasn't sure if it was passive aggression toward Petra's comment or genuinely didn't care. The latter sounded accurate given how there wasn't much to benefit the marked except freedom but at the cost of death. If they wanted to sign up for a war they would have challenged the world already.

Leonard then revealed his occupation which was no secret, but it's cleaver to dress against the grain. "I knew it!" He proudly blurted out. "I recognize cunning merchant when I see one. You, my friend, have definitely thrown me back with your attire. Most vendors dress less fancy to attract customers and pity them into paying whatever amount they give. I learned their clever tricks and silver tongues thanks to them." He paused realizing he was boasting. He blushed lightly scratching his cheek. "S-sorry that was a little too much." He cleared his throat. The topic of rebellion commenced as Leo added his two cents. "I was thinking the same." He said. "There is no benefit for anyone except for freedom, and even if we ally ourselves with the princess, it's practically a suicide mission. The upside is the gathered Marked have powers which will be used to advantage; of course, we are limited." He muttered as he loses himself to the confines of his mind.

Thankfully, Leonard broke him out of his thoughts when he asked for the nearest town to sell his items. "Unfortunately I was blindfolded during the travel, so I'm not sure if there is one nearby." Xan shifts his eyes towards the forest wondering if he would be able to come back if he left the camp. "Perhaps the princess may know of an establishment. I would accompany you to scout the area myself, but I'm unsure if we'll be allowed back here."

Zee Reyes
: Forest / Interactions: Yera Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess
9106ea8742c6d68275506eb1bc434f08.jpg Zee leaned against the boulder in thought as to leaving his long-time friend here while he continued his carefree life. It's certainly shocking that it hadn't occurred to him that Xan would one day want to split and pursue something. The two were two peas in a pod, an inseparable duo up until now. Life without him would be a little lonely without their routine although he would have privacy and not expect anyone whenever he wanted to mingle. Zee let out a depressing sigh knowing it was better to accept their separation now than convince Xan to leave with him. There was no changing a righteous man like him and Zee wouldn't change that for the world on his dear brother.

Yera's presence surprised the male into sitting up. The last thing he wanted was to be seen in a contemplative state while he left his guard down. Although he probably did the same to her from her reaction when he whispered. He held the soaked cloth over his knuckles and shrugged. "Call me cautious, but I don't exactly know you or your intentions. I mean...looks can kill and I've almost been stabbed after a day with a woman just for money." He admitted. "Besides, this isn't my first bust, but since you're insistent you can heal it. I'm assuming that's your gift?" His eyes finally look at the beauty. "You got tired of the party too?" He quiried

Jayera
9cfa12caf2e89f06ee6e2f6c39c654f6.jpg

"That's a fair point." She stated, digging around in her basket again once he gave her permission. "If some stranger offered to heal any of my wounds I would be apprehensive as well." Once she found what she was looking for, she set her belongings down and moved towards him. "But if I'm being honest, the only reason I'm so insistent is because of my subconscious. I'm a healer and have this... Itch to heal everyone, even if it's just a scratch." She actually seemed annoyed by the fact that she had a desire to heal people and help them. Not because she was selfish that way or because she didn't like it. It was more so because of the mental toll it could take on her. Not being able to save someone was heartbreaking enough, but add on to the fact that her gifts weren't enough? She knew she wasn't the only one out there who felt the same which was probably a good thing. She was working on adopting the mindset that sometimes fate had other plans for those she couldn't help, but losing them wasn't going to get any easier.

When he asked about healing being her gift, she let a small smile cross her lips. "Something of the sort." She had made her way closer to him, beckoning him to give her his hand. Once she held it in her own, she carefully unwrapped the cloth and set out to do her own work. She was focusing on her task, carefully opening a small blue vile that held the water from the waterfall inside. Pure water worked the best in her experience when she was fixing people up, any other water proving to work slower. Hearing his voice again, she shook her head. "I was actually enjoying the conversation. The only real reason I departed is because of you and not in the way you think." There was a brief moment where she thought about telling him more of her abilities, coming to an understanding within herself that if she wanted people to trust her she'd have to trust them. That was much easier said than done though, right? "I can be something of an empath too. Really I try to mind my own business in that regard, other people's emotions I mean, but it seems as if my ancestors and the Moon Goddess won't allow me to turn a blind eye." She said in reference to her subconscious. "You, sir, are all over the place and it's doing my head in." After rinsing his wounds with the water, she took a moment to mutter a prayer before looking at him. "I'm not going to ask because it's not my business." She didn't mean for it to sound as cold as it may have come across, but that was the truth. If it wasn't her business then she wasn't going to pry into it. "Unlike most healers, my effects don't take place right away. You won't feel the pain anymore and it won't feel uncomfortable, but it won't fully heal until tomorrow morning."

Interactions:
Zeia ( Pumpkid Pumpkid )

(I forgot what i was doing?? oops)

Riza
after i wake up from daydreaming by the waterfall i move away from the group a bit. I make sure im still covered and grab my clothes i flap my wings, after i make sure no one is around, to dry myself. then i put my clothes back on and start wandering in a direction toward the village again. As i walk im thinking about my wings they are a bit showy i fly into the air and fly to the village instead of walking i touch down on the ground and go to my hut for sleep.

16175549-78A1-42DC-B898-DEB75BCB54BF.jpeg
Lyreya

So close...they’d been so close to escaping this rotten shithole of a kingdom. Had those damned soldiers arrived just a few hours later, they’d have been sailing free aboard the Nightingale. Sure, a life of piracy would’ve been far from glamorous, but they would have been alive and free to live out their days in comfort after a few short years.

But as Lyreya finally awoke, blinking through the haze of whatever drug they’d used on her to keep her manageable during the week of travel it had no doubt taken to reach the capitol, she forced that dream away. The simple fact was that she had damned them from the start, her mere existence the undoing of everything she’d foolishly allowed Gavril to dream for them.

Gavril...

Was he dead already? Had the soldiers left him in the harbor, cut his throat, or had they merely thrown him into another of these vile cells to rot away?

Her fault...all of it was her fault.

She’d been a fool to think it could’ve happened any other way than this inevitable defeat. Darius’s hunger for Marked blood was too insatiable, especially when that Marked happened to be one of the few to escape the purges of the crime guilds in the Capitol a month ago. Deadly as she had the potential to be, the king was simply too powerful.

“Get her cleaned up. The king wants her ready for inspection in twenty minutes. Have the other one brought up too,” ordered a deep, rasping voice. From the sound, he was standing perhaps a cell away, but the woman knew at once that he spoke of her.

As for the “other one”...she didn’t have the slightest idea who that could be, and refused to consider that it might be Gavril.

Lyreya didn’t so much as breath as she listened to the guard outside her cell, standing just out of sight, salut with a prompt “Of course, Sir”. In the hideous silence of the dungeon, she heard the sounds of retreating steps, heavy boots echoing with every movement. A heartbeat later, and the guard was opening her cell, his pale grey uniform such a contrast to the black stone of the cell walls that she blinked.

“On your feet.” The guard glowered at her, one hand on the sword at his side.

As if daring her to test him.

She merely stood to her feet, her bound hands protesting as the shackles binding them rubbed her raw wrists.

She was escorted past rows and rows of those ebony cells, most of them empty. The few with anyone inside, she was dragged away from before she could truly catch a glimpse of the prisoners held within. Her senses were still filled from the drug, but she knew that it wouldn’t matter either way. The guard wore gloves and that long-sleeved uniform, his skin shielded from her ability.

Which would almost certainly prove useless, seeing as he’d be mortal.

She couldn’t exactly steal a power he didn’t have.

Eventually, they reached a slightly larger chamber - also made of that horrible black rock - containing a trough of water and a set of plain clothes atop a small table. The guard shoved her towards the trough, then slammed the door behind her.

“Clean yourself and get dressed. You have five minutes.”

Lyreya knew better than to argue. She wiped herself down as quickly as was physically possible, cursing the freezing water softly, as best she could without revealing too much skin. She changed in stages, putting on the new shirt over top her own before removing it. As for the pants...she had them on in heartbeats. It was unlikely he saw anything, especially since the sleeves were mercifully long.

When she was finished, he took her further down the hall towards a set of large black doors. They were adorned with a pair of snarling wolves, locked in an eternal conflict. She despised them on sight.

But then the doors were opened to reveal a far larger space than any she’d yet seen. It was built from a different material than that hideous black stone, the walls instead a pale grey that made the guard’s uniform nearly chameleon. Tables covered in a bizarre array lined the walls to her left and right. Some had trays of food and drink, others weapons. Then there were those with bottles of poison, collections of what appeared to be living creatures in cages or jars, and - perhaps worst of all - people, living and dead, chained and drugged out of their minds.

But Lyreya couldn’t think about any of that, not when Gavril was there, a pair of guards pinning him down before an iron throne, King Darius smiling down at him.​

Mordred was caught seriously off-guard by Anashea's insistence on taking the blame for her failure. He was well aware that this was, indeed, partially her fault. Though subterfuge was well and truly beyond his grasp, he understood enough to know that Anashea should have checked her sources more diligently. Now they were back to where they had started from, only with even less time.

If any of his subordinates had made such a profound error, he'd have them whipped, most likely, at the very least. So why wasn't he ordering Anashea whipped in this case? Because he needed her intact for the mission? That was it, probably. Any other concept was just bloody ludicrous.

"You seem really insistent on punishing yourself for failing. Hey, I don't judge. If it motivates you to do better in the future, I'm all for it."

He didn't even make an attempt to discipline her when she commented on the absurdity of the plan. It was a thoroughly insane plan, to be sure. He still had no damn idea why he;d elected to go along with it. But it was too late now. The beast within roared in rage at even the mere thought of backing down. This was him showing to the world that he wasn't weak, and by the gods above and below he was going to do it properly.

"Even if it costs you your friends? Your men?"

Mordred paid no heed to the small voice, the roaring of the beast quickly drowning it out. He couldn't help but fail to conceal a pang of guilt when Anashea called it a suicide mission. He knew. He was perfectly aware of the risks, and yet~It was too late to turn back now.

At least her plan was sound, as sound as he'd come to expect from this Impeccable spy. She already seemed to have everything thought out, from the method to the alibi to the precise timing of the delivery. He couldn't help but feel a certain wave of relief in knowing that even though the mission was still incredibly difficult, someone so competent was taking care of it. He shuddered to think of his opponents possessing an agent of similar skill. He had taken great pains to ensure the lads were drilled thoroughly in stopping spies and assassins, even so far as to have Anashea actually sneak into the camp every now and then. Those who failed to spot her, well, she'd promised him she'd not break anything important, but, uh, the lesson was taught anyway. He's had enough complaints to know she was effective.

"It really took you so few minutes to have this all sorted? Huh. Maybe this isn't suicidal after all. By all means-It sounds like a great plan. I'll write out the orders so that you get what you need. Not that any of the lads would dare refuse you anyway, they're bloody terrified of you, but sometimes formalities are important."

He fecthed quil and parchment and sent to writing out the order. His handwriting left much to be desired-although he had been taught to read and write, he was not particularly adept at the latter, if only by lack of practice. He usually didn't need to write to give orders-subordinates knew their job well enough. They had to, seeing as how the band would be woefully inefficient without the ability for independent movement.

After a while he handed her the paper, motioning for her to get on with the work. However, before she exited, he couldn't help himself. He put a hand on her shoulder.
"Listen...If this works, and we win? I'll owe you a big one, alright? I always honor a promise given. Remember that."

He may possess many flaws, but Mordred's word was law-anything he said he stood by, no matter the circumstances. No matter the consequences.

Anashea( Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess )

Adrian Tepes
It had been a while since Adrian grew bored of the conversation and thus decided to abscond to his tent, humbly placed as close to the outskirts of the encampment as possible without encroaching on the camp's ability to remain hidden. Once inside, he brought out his father's journal once more and began to read aloud to himself, the final entry on the back cover. "My dearest son," it began. "My time is drawing nearer by the second. Forgive your father for leaving you alone in this world with that cursed blood..." Adrian's voice trailed off, a frown making itself evident on his face. "No, that's not right." He turned his gaze back to the introductory phrase; 'My dearest son' was quite puzzling to him, and he wasn't quite certain as to why.

Pacing left and right until he grew weary of doing so, he attempted to work out the reasoning behind why it sounded so odd. But to no avail. Adrian threw the book down onto a sack of belongings in the corner and sat down on the mat he called a bed, glaring at it from there. His tongue ran across the dull fangs in his mouth, similar to the back-and-forth motion his mind was going in with the thoughts of 'it is most certainly odd,' and 'but why is it?'

And then it clicked.

According to his mother, before she had met a brutal end at the hands of a corrupt church, his father was never aware of his birth... So why would he have left a note for him in this diary? It does not make sense. Up to this point, he had gone off of the assumption that his father had simply passed away or been murdered, but there had to be more to it. With this resolution sparking another mystery, however, Adrian decided to simply eject it from his mind for now. How odd, that in the span of several hours, he would have come farther than he did in solving this mystery than he had in his unnaturally long lifespan? He laid back onto the mat and stared up at the tent roof, sunlight peering through the dyed material that made it up, relaxing...

Riza

Just chilling, sleeping in her hut at the moment. Open to interactions

Riza tosses and turns as a nightmare grips her mind. She then wakes up shakily before resting again.

Silver
Outskirts of the rebel camp
Interacts with - Leonard ( Fenris Fenris ) and Xan ( Pumpkid Pumpkid )​
Natural clumsiness or no, the cat still thought Leonard had been entirely too loud on their walk through the forest - how was he ever supposed to stalk a deer making all that racket? The only way she knew how to survive was by hunting, not having any awareness for any other way of life; She didn't even know what a merchant was, listening with some confusion to the conversation of the others. There were so many words and concepts she didn't understand being thrown about that the short-tempered shapeshifter was becoming rather irritable, though at the mention of talking to the princess her ears would prick up. She knew who the princess was, even if she didn't know what the word meant, and she knew that the princess was in the camp, and speaking of the camp, wasn't Leonard meant to be exploring that with her?

"You said we were gonna explore the camp!" Silver pointed out, tugging at Leonard's arm, perhaps not being as careful with her claws as she could have been. The silver-haired girl would take a few steps in the direction she knew was camp, before pausing, looking at Xan, and adding, "You can come too, I guess. We can talk to the princess there."

Sure, all the talk of things she didn't know of was annoying, but maybe Xan could prove interesting enough to keep around.

1612579510233.pngLeonard Whitlock
Rebel Camp

It seemed that Xan had as little idea of the surrounding terrain as Leo himself did, which was to be expected seeing as they were both recent additions to the rebel cause. Well, at least the merchant had met another kindred spirit of the trade. A smile to split his features as the dark haired man spoke of the tricks he'd picked up along the road, perhaps they'd get a chance to exchange experiences later.

Before he could interject again, Silver spoke up. If the claw pinpricks on his arm were any indication she was still agitated from his earlier comment. Trying not to wince the tall man was tugged toward camp. “Well we certainly did set out to do just that and I generally stick to my word. Though it sounds like you actually know where the princess is?” There was a tinge of bewilderment as Leo himself hadn't actually seen the princess yet, having missed the big speech.

Still idea of the impetuous feline getting along with royalty struck him as unusual and perhaps rather entertaining, sidetracking his thoughts just long enough to be surprised at another needle sharp prick. “Would you mind easing up on the claws? Promise I'll watch my step from here on.”

As they neared camp the typical sounds of a black smiths shop filled the air, drawing a glance from Leonard. A massive man was deftly handling his tools, seemingly undisturbed by the heat of a flickering forge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back