• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Marriage Between Nations (Plotting)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Tietaja Tietaja Damn, I love how you matched my post

Zoleii's "Soon, her sun shall arrive, and the world will burn." vs Arkyn's "He would soon finally meet the Moon that would become the light in Evander's darkest nights."

Harridan is hoping so badly Jason takes insult and actually starts a war. It has been such a long time since his last big scrap, now that Zoleii keeps insisting he follow court protocol.

I'm not sure how they're the strongest and largest military force. I thought that honor went to Evander? Aren't the clans just sea raiders? Decent army, to be sure, but far from the largest one.

Harridan is hoping so badly Jason takes insult and actually starts a war. It has been such a long time since his last big scrap, now that Zoleii keeps insisting he follow court protocol.

I'm not sure how they're the strongest and largest military force. I thought that honor went to Evander? Aren't the clans just sea raiders? Decent army, to be sure, but far from the largest one.
No. Only the Serpent Clan is sea worthy. The other clans are cavalry and infantry respectively. Also, they are so strong that all other kingdoms are actively seeking them as partners just in case. Even Evander. Mood read and approved it.

Also Athanas Athanas , the axe handle is made fron Iron Wood trees. Might not break so easily. And it is bold to asdune he has cracked ribs. But I will let it go this time.

Oooh, then it'll be a proper scrap! All the better for Harridan.

Also, I suppose you have a point about the axe, though I fail to see why his ribs being cracked is a stretch. I'm afraid physical strength has little bearing on gravity. A fall from that high would normally make paste out of a person, but his gangmate reduced his weight just enough so that he'd survive. But not unscathed.

Lmao, the marriage festivities (which are supposed to last a whole month) aren't even going to make it past the first half hour before it all goes to shit.

IMO, not that anyone asked, the way I interpret the difference between Jötengaumer's and Evander's military is that the Jötengaumer are like Swiss landschneckts while Evander is like France or Spain (late 1500s). Jötengaumer troops are strong and feared across the main continent and are highly specialized in combat, but politically they are disorganized and are basically just armies for hire. And soldiers without religious or patriotic motivation are less likely to fight to the last man or whatever. They want to live to see the next pay day, not die for some foreign king's pride or something. If a battle doesn't look like it's going to be a win, they're probably not going to stick around. This would mean that they're feared and great at combat, but aren't seen as loyal or trustworthy. Even if their general (patriarch) never goes back on his word and is willing to keep fighting, it's unlikely his troops are going to feel the same. They have family and kids and want to live to make it back home. Not fight a losing battle because their leader made a promise. Also, Jötengaumer would be less technologically advanced than Evander. They would probably have to purchase good siege equipment or weapons and armor with the money they were hired with, or be stuck cutting down trees and making basic catapults and looting for equipment.

Evanderon the other hand would be able to supply their own newest and greatest siege equipment, have supply lines that allow them to wage long war campaigns lasting years, and would have soldiers almost as good as Jötengaumer's, but they would be more motivated in battle and much more willing to keep fighting no matter what. So while Jötengaumer's forces are "stronger", strength isn't always the deciding factor.

Basically, Jötengaumer wins battles, Evander wins wars.

Oooh, then it'll be a proper scrap! All the better for Harridan.

Also, I suppose you have a point about the axe, though I fail to see why his ribs being cracked is a stretch. I'm afraid physical strength has little bearing on gravity. A fall from that high would normally make paste out of a person, but his gangmate reduced his weight just enough so that he'd survive. But not unscathed.
You have a point. Forgot what height it was at. Forgive me.

Lmao, the marriage festivities (which are supposed to last a whole month) aren't even going to make it past the first half hour before it all goes to shit.

IMO, not that anyone asked, the way I interpret the difference between Jötengaumer's and Evander's military is that the Jötengaumer are like Swiss landschneckts while Evander is like France or Spain (late 1500s). Jötengaumer troops are strong and feared across the main continent and are highly specialized in combat, but politically they are disorganized and are basically just armies for hire. And soldiers without religious or patriotic motivation are less likely to fight to the last man or whatever. They want to live to see the next pay day, not die for some foreign king's pride or something. If a battle doesn't look like it's going to be a win, they're probably not going to stick around. This would mean that they're feared and great at combat, but aren't seen as loyal or trustworthy. Even if their general (patriarch) never goes back on his word and is willing to keep fighting, it's unlikely his troops are going to feel the same. They have family and kids and want to live to make it back home. Not fight a losing battle because their leader made a promise. Also, Jötengaumer would be less technologically advanced than Evander. They would probably have to purchase good siege equipment or weapons and armor with the money they were hired with, or be stuck cutting down trees and making basic catapults and looting for equipment.

Evanderon the other hand would be able to supply their own newest and greatest siege equipment, have supply lines that allow them to wage long war campaigns lasting years, and would have soldiers almost as good as Jötengaumer's, but they would be more motivated in battle and much more willing to keep fighting no matter what. So while Jötengaumer's forces are "stronger", strength isn't always the deciding factor.

Basically, Jötengaumer wins battles, Evander wins wars.
Most of whqt you said is right. The only thing is that battle is a thing of pride for them. Jötengaumer does battle for pride. Other than that, your right on the money. They will stick in a losing battle for a lot longer than normal mercenaries.

Last edited:
ithinkcat ithinkcat Actually, given their fighting lifestyle, they are more than motivated to fight for months at a time for a foreign kingdom, but would admittedly fight for a lot longer for Jötengaumer itself.

Zoleii at this chaos:
1ccd73c8b5db4ad1ae47bf44def10fca.jpg

Yes, Jötengaumer technically has the "strongest" military force, but they must also have some flaws. I would expect them to have similar issues to Evander, with their finances, but it would probably be more so due to a lack of organization. They would also likely have to trade often, since I don't eleven they would be as advanced with magic. Jason doesn't just get to do whatever he wants with no consequences. He can believe that he can though.

Also, feel free to make your first or second posts, but I would ask y'all not to make your third or fourth posts just yet, since some people haven't done their first posts yet. I'm working on my second post now.

My finals start tomorrow and go until Wednesday night, so I may be less active for the next few days. I also just got Cyberpunk 2077, so that's taking up a bit of my time.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized that I never responded to you, Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum If by collabs, you mean interaction with other threads, I would be open to it. It may be a bit complicated, due to the level of general world lore that we've done. However, if someone wants to, feel free.

Last edited:
Good Luck with your finals!!

Also I am very jelous you get to chill with robot man Keanu Reeves!! I hope you have fun with all those sliders!! 👀

4q867f.jpg

art by
arithm

Wᴀʀʀᴇɴ Bᴜʀɴs

(he/him)

ʙᴜɢʙᴇᴀʀ ʙᴀʀᴅs ᴡɪᴛʜ
ʙᴀɴᴊᴏs ʏ'ᴀʟʟ

Haha but in all seriousness I love all of this so much c':

I can't afford Cyberpunk sadly, but I still have the TTRPG so cx That's nice.
♡design by rabbitswarren, coded by uxie♡

RabbitsWarren RabbitsWarren Nice. I'm always a player, but working on making that step into being a gm. Trying to make a campaign for Numanera, but it's taking me a long time and I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. Currently, my usual group is alternating playing L5R on discord and a DnD 5e in person, but the DnD was just a place impromptu thing until we could get the full group back together in person and continue our Star Wars RPG. It sucks how much covid has impacted everything, cause I much prefer in person sessions.

ithinkcat ithinkcat . Fair! I love in person sessions too but had to stop them when I moved from my hometown and then boom Covid also. I really like Discord sessions too, but man nothing is better than an in person session with pals. So good.
I'm running two 5e tables, and playing in 1 steady game with an alchemist artificer gnome named Sprocket and 1 sporadic campaign as a bard bugbeard failed merchant and tax evader that can't read and wields a banjo, Tim. It's the only name he can write in common and he's a precious street smart himbo. Sprocket on the other hand is a firecracker in a soda can lmao.

//mobile

ithinkcat ithinkcat . Fair! I love in person sessions too but had to stop them when I moved from my hometown and then boom Covid also. I really like Discord sessions too, but man nothing is better than an in person session with pals. So good.
I'm running two 5e tables, and playing in 1 steady game with an alchemist artificer gnome named Sprocket and 1 sporadic campaign as a bard bugbeard failed merchant and tax evader that can't read and wields a banjo, Tim. It's the only name he can write in common and he's a precious street smart himbo. Sprocket on the other hand is a firecracker in a soda can lmao.

//mobile
Jeez, all my character's are boring AF compared to Tim...

Jeez, all my character's are boring AF compared to Tim...

Apologies, I just very much love him and the funky mojo he has going c': He tried to start a business, and then realized he couldn't read and therefore couldn't do his taxes. So he became an adventurer through tax evasion. Softest floofy boy. Also, cool steel banjo for clubbing enemies and jamming to rockabilly music.

He's a gem c":

//mobile

Apologies, I just very much love him and the funky mojo he has going c': He tried to start a business, and then realized he couldn't read and therefore couldn't do his taxes. So he became an adventurer through tax evasion. Softest floofy boy. Also, cool steel banjo for clubbing enemies and jamming to rockabilly music.

He's a gem c":

//mobile
That boi needs a hug. I love him. He needs protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back