• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy a love/hate relationship

Alexander’s body pressed against his side as they headed back to the castle kept Nikolai grounded. Somehow, the walk felt so much shorter than when they were headed to the moon pool. Perhaps it was the siren’s mild reluctance to go back. It wasn’t so much being at the castle that he didn’t like, but rather the idea of running into someone that would interrupt their alone time. It was dumbfounding how quickly he’d become addicted to Alexander and everything that encompassed him, but Nikolai decided he wasn’t going to worry about it. Not any more.

The warmth of the castle encompassesd them as they stepped inside, and thankfully were not interrupted on their way to Alexander’s room. It was a relief once they were behind the closed door. Even if someone could still interrupt, they were less likely to now. It wasn’t until Niko paused to look at this surroundings that he remembered the last time they were both in here. They laid in the bed for hours. Alex slept in his arms soundly, no visions of nightmares.

It was also the night Nikolai believed he’d never see the prince again. He briefly wondered what would’ve happened if he’d truly gone through with his plan. What would’ve been of Alex? Would he have fallen for someone else down the line? Someone…better for him? He wasn’t allowed much time to dwell in this thought, as the warlock’s voice came through, pulling his attention. A playful smile spread on his lips, steps inching him closer to his husband. Close enough to rest his hands against Alex’ chest.

“Why would I need a snack, when I already have a whole meal in front of me?” He punctuated with a peck to his husband’s cheek before heading over to the bed, leaving the prince behind to bask in the comment. After a few seconds, he decided to give a proper answer. “Some wine does sound nice.”

He eyed the blankets and pillows on the bed as well as a couple on the couch. Taking hold of a few of them, he walked over to the floor space, placing the blankets down over the carpet in front of the warm fire. After making sure the blanket mattress was soft enough, he added some pillows as well as one more blanket for them to lay under. He looked over at his husband once finished, the flames’ reflections dancing in his dark eyes.

“How’s this?”

Alexander blinked as he felt the familiar gentle touch of Nikolai’s hands on his chest. It sent sparks through his chest, though it was a feeling he was beginning to enjoy. The firelight echoed in his eyes as they lifted to meet Nikolai’s own. He supposed he might’ve been used to the words that caused his cheeks to light red each time, but nothing prepared him for the soft whisper that followed. He closed his eyes immediately to try to hide some of the embarrassment that immediately followed. Despite the two being in private, he wouldn’t ever stop feeling the tinge that came with those type of words.

“You are going to be the absolute death of me Niko.” He spoke in a rather whiney tone, a soft grumble following after it. As usual, his cheeks were flushed red. He slowly peeked an eye open to see if Nikolai had anything else to add. His shoulders relaxed some when he noticed otherwise, a light pout pushing his bottom lip out. The request for wine was one that he was more than willing to get for the two of them. He had a fair share of it during dinner, but would never truly hesitate to have more. It helped soothe him in a way he couldn’t describe.

He nodded his head quickly, pivoting on his heel to step towards the door to his room. He quickly opened the door to find the familiar guards standing nearby. Part of him wanted to roll his eyes at the sight, though it was something he did every time he noticed them, but he withheld as he gently cleared his throat. “Would one of you be willing to go fetch us some wine? Or at least find someone to bring us some?” He asked, voice soft. The guard to his right turned his head to look at the one to his left. He could immediately tell that neither wanted to run off to do some errands for the prince. However, the one to his right nodded and quickly left to go retrieve some.

He lingered by the door until the guard returned with a pitcher and two glasses. He thanked the man profusely before taking it carefully in his hands and shutting the door behind him. It was then that he noticed just what Nikolai had been doing. A grin broke onto his lips, dimples pressing into his cheeks. “This will be perfect.” He stated as he made his way over with the wine for them. He placed the pitcher on the ground and carefully took a seat near it. He poured some into both glasses for the two of them. He raised one for Nikolai to take before he lifted his own glass.

“To a prosperous marriage for the both of us and an eternity of happiness.” He mused. He carefully clinked his glass against his husband’s and took a sip. A happy hum left him as he finally laid on the comfort of the blanket mattress. He stretched his limbs out for a moment and allowed his eyes to close for a few seconds.

A certain peace settled within the walls of the bedroom as Alex returned with the wine. His smile was more than worth the small amount of effort Nikolai had put into making their blanket bed. He found himself staring for a moment, silently bashing himself for being so a single man. Still, it didn’t completely bother him. Not as much as it used to. Perhaps Alexander being his weakness was not as terrible as he thought it to be.

“Cheers.” He mused with a light smile of his own, taking a few sips of the red liquid. He watched Alex settled into the blanket, his limbs spreading out as if they were releasing all the stress from the day’s events. Nikolai’s gaze traced the handsome features. There was a certain look to warlocks that the siren always secretly admired. Despite the witches of the sea being constantly praised for their beauty, the witches of the land had a certain gallant aura to them. Nikolai found himself staring for a moment before he set his glass aside and settled beside his husband.

It didn’t matter how many times he thought or said it the tittle still felt unfamiliar for him. Yet, oddly comforting. He too, closed his eyes for a moment, taking in the faint smell of the burning wood, the sounds of the cracking fire and Alexander’s gentle breathing. The more time he spent beside the prince, the more Nikolai realized he’d been foolish to think he could simply disappear with the consequences. The mere thought of leaving Alexander behind now made his chest tighten. After seeing what a short separation did to him, he would never purposely put Alex through that again.

The quiet ping of guilt settled in his limbs once again, sliding his eyelids open. His gaze shifted sideways, taking in the warlock’s profile for a moment before rolling onto his side. His head rested on the other’s chest, gentle as a feather, one arm wrapping around the torso. If past Nikolai could see himself now, he’d probably cringe violently. But present time Nikolai could only think of how soothing the sound of Alexander’s heartbeat was.

“When you pictured your future marriage…did you ever imagine anything like this?”

Alexander’s chest rose gently with each breath, though he did pause to take a rather deep breath. He held it in his chest for a few moments before he allowed it to release. It was only then that he allowed for his eyes to open once again. The presence of Nikolai beside him brought more comfort than he would ever properly be able to articulate. Just knowing that the siren prince, his husband, was alive and well after the terrors that struck him recently was far more than he could ever ask for. He only hoped that the nightmares he had been dealing with out dissipate with the return of Nikolai.

He tilted his head to watch as the other male shifted. The light weight of his head on his chest caused a rush of heat to fill his chest. He brought one hand up, fingers pausing for a moment as if he was debating on whether or not he should. But he was quick to start playing softly with Nikolai’s hair. His lips parted while he debated his response, the sound of the crackling fire filling the air between them for a moment. His eyebrows pinched slightly before his expression relaxed once more. He shook his head slightly, though he knew Nikolai would be unable to see him do so due to his positioning.

“Truthfully? No.” He mused, fingers continuing their patterns of running through his husband’s hair. “I never believed my marriage would be to someone I actually loved.” He shifted for a moment, allowing for the hand that had been playing with his hair to then wrap carefully around Nikolai’s waist. He tugged the siren prince gently further against him.

“My mother always said that marrying for love was never really in the cards for me. If I was lucky, I would eventually find some sense of the emotion for whoever I was to marry. She said it took a few hundred years before she could even tolerate being around my father.” He swallowed at the thought. While he knew there was nothing that could change the joy he currently felt, he had his expectations low for marriage since he realized he would be forced into one to secure future prospects for his people.

“But I’m very lucky to have you Niko. You’re the partner I dreamed about finding when I was younger, even if we wanted to kill each other when we first met.” A soft chuckle passed through his lips before he lifted his head to place a gentle kiss to the top of Nikolai’s head. “What about you? I’m sure you never thought you would marry such a dashing prince.” It was one of his few attempts at a joke, something he was feeling far more comfortable doing now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back