• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Guild of Heroes (Temporarily Closed)

Iris Galvor

Iris continued to follow Reina as she plowed through just about everything in her path. As they were running past room, she noticed a door with a massive seal on it. "This must be the throne room!" She ran to open it when she suddenly felt a weird feeling. "Oh...just my luc....."
After a moment she was against a wall inside of Fort Black." uhh that feels horrib...Oh" She quickly realized that she was right around the corner from Reina. She quietly stood up and left hoping Reina didn't notice. " I suppose I don't need to follow her anymore, I guess I will go back to what I was doing before...Now where is... There." Iris quickly ran up to Aureliana. "Hello Aureliana, it's nice to see you again. Oh? My I have one?" She said pointing to the cookies. "Also I need a map if you can?" Iris had been in the guild for a decent amount of time and already new who Aureliana was and Iris would always ask her for things, she really should do something for Aureliana....but what to do....
Alteras Alteras Hanarei Hanarei (Due to lack of stalking)

Last edited:
Aureliana Hrodohaidis
Fort Black - Hallway

"Take as much as you want." Aureliana said smiling and extending her tray forward. Iris was a classic witch, and as with any classic witch, she thirst for knowledge. For the most part, she seemed okay, following Azazel's word. "A map of where?"
Swire Swire

Aureliana Hrodohaidis
Fort Black - Hallway

"Take as much as you want." Aureliana said smiling and extending her tray forward. Iris was a classic witch, and as with any classic witch, she thirst for knowledge. For the most part, she seemed okay, following Azazel's word. "A map of where?"
Swire Swire
Iris Galvor

Iris smiled as she grabbed one of the cookies and ate it. "I need a map of the temple of the Northern Arc's Focus." The 2 Arc Focuses were very old temples said to be created back when the world was created. They were said to have been used as focus points for changeling dimensional portals. However most of that is myth, and in fact almost nothing of either of the temples are left, just ruins, however many people have used them for navigation and people have tried to loot them for goods. They are directly on the north and south of Terra, and they are exactly opposite positions of each other. Recently people have been removing them from maps saying that they don't have that much use anymore, because compass's exist and any loot is already gone. "Preferably, one about 75 years old, but any map of inside or outside would be good." She said rather causally. "Also if you know where Iclyn is, I'm about to go look for her.
Birdsie Birdsie (For lore)

Siegurd
Fort Black Library

Siegurd had been too occupied preparing himself for the mission that he completely missed the entire thing, and had only discovered right after the volunteers had left that he had missed it. "Oi! What're you doing, leaving the mascot behind!?" He had shouted after them irritatedly in the courtyard, his squeaky child's voice echoing throughout the fort. He had since spent the rest of the day so far flying around and pouting over his great misfortune.

Soon wandering into the library, he found himself directly facing an irate James and a pile of books just a few steps away. The... creature was talking to himself, and considering that Sieg had been to the library just moments earlier, and James was absent then, he assumed that James had just arrived. "Hey, James!" He called out, hovering closer to the books. "Did you get left behind, too?"

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki
Siegurd
Fort Black Library

Siegurd had been too occupied preparing himself for the mission that he completely missed the entire thing, and had only discovered right after the volunteers had left that he had missed it. "Oi! What're you doing, leaving the mascot behind!?" He had shouted after them irritatedly in the courtyard, his squeaky child's voice echoing throughout the fort. He had since spent the rest of the day so far flying around and pouting over his great misfortune. "As soon as that Azazel gets back, I'll... I'll... give him a piece of my mind, that's what!"

Soon wandering into the library, he found himself directly facing an irate James and a pile of books just a few steps away. The... creature was talking to himself, and considering that Sieg had been to the library just moments earlier, and James was absent then, he assumed that James had just arrived. "Hey, James!" He called out, hovering closer to the books. "Did you get left behind, too?"

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki

James
FB Library
"Ah... Well if isn't my favorite mascot character! How are you, Seigurn?" James said as he flipped through books using magic... He used his hand eyes to read the text. "I assure you I was there... Just wasn't much help. Dear Seigurn, have you ever felt so powerful that you feel useless in mere squabbles? Its like trying to help a spider eat a fly...". James spoke. " Actually, I'm thinking of taking a long break from this dimension. . since I'm not needed... I heard of this place called Hawaii.. Perhaps I should check it out. Besides, fighting and conflicts are quite boring..."

Aureliana Hrodohaidis
Fort Black - Hallway

"75 years? that's oddly specific. Here, if you'll please carry this." She handed over the massive tray of cookies and placed her cage and staff properly back in her hands. "If you'll follow me. Why do you want it to be 75 years?" Aureliana asked as they walked to the Library.
Swire Swire

Iris Galvor

Iris held the tray of cookies and walked with Aureliana to the Library. " The exact date of 75 isn't important just that it's older than 50 years." As they walked Iris continued to eat cookies from the tray. " I'm looking for an artifact that was said to be in the Northern Focus about 100 years ago. Apparently a demon tried to use it. Died to an angel as the tale goes, It was sealed away in the Focus and I intent to get it. About 75 years ago people started raiding the Focus more and more. But no one ever found it so about 50 years ago the maps started getting pretty bad, or not paying attention to the Focus at all." She said summing up a long story in a few sentences.
Alteras Alteras

Siegurd
Fort Black

Siegurd, visibly pleased by James addressing him as his "favourite mascot", sat on the ledge of the nearest bookshelves. "I'm doing fine! Still can't believe I got left behind..." He replied, pouting a little. "Heh, was your anti-magic too strong to not spoil the fun?" He guessed from James' words with a slight chuckle. "I'm not really the 'powerful' sort of type, but I guess I can sort of relate." Tilting his head, he stretched his wings and attempted to see what sort of books James was reading. "Another dimension sounds fun. Fights and conflicts are, too, but not when I get left out of them all the time... If you're going to go to another dimension, you better bring me along, too!" He added eagerly.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki

Damian Vi Lasombra
Fort Black - Courtyard

"I am a mage-in-training, however, I am not studying runes. I'm afraid I can't help you," he replied with a frown. "Well, either way," he quickly changed subject, trying to think of some beneficial subject he could investigate. "What is life here like? How often do missions like the one today take place?" he inquired. Knowing stuff like that would be useful in case he had to work far away from the Guild. He couldn't just be there all the time, after all.

Alteras Alteras

Azazel Rofocale
Guildmaster's Office

"Very well then, I will be straightforward. Pandora, you have your heart in the right place, but your mind is gone the wrong path. The amounts of anger and fury you feel on the battlefield are tremendous. You have slain your way through hordes of men. Now, I can understand of the killing of several people in self-defense at most. But these men you faced were nothing but useless cannon fodder to you, but you crushed them mercilessly. That behavior is not appropriate. Even though these men may be damned in soul, they still have a chance to redeem themselves, for a human life is long and full of turns at each corner, Pandora," he gave a short speech about his reasoning.

"I have decided to teach you about the sanctity of life, to teach you how to control your temper, and lastly; to teach you discipline before your lack of manners blows me out of proportion and I turn back into an imp," he said. It was almost a joke, and would have probably been funny had the situation not been so tense and had Azazel's own voice not sounded very reprimanding as his words flowed out of his mouth. Azazel stood up, giving Pandora a keychain.

"These are the keys to the dungeon. From now on, you will work as the Warden from six to fourteen o'clock. You will also partake in meditation classes and try to find inner peace. And lastly; meet me in the forest tomorrow at noon. Then, I will teach you the sanctity of life in a very straightforward way, just how you want it," he clenched his fists and shortly after he was done speaking, he turned around and faced the window behind himself. He stood like that for a few moments, not speaking. In his body language overall, there was much hesitation, but his voice finally broke the silence.

"By the way. The reason I'm different," he suddenly spoke, out of the blue, in a completely different tone. It didn't sound that serious anymore. It was less formal and more personal. "It's love," he slightly turned his head. "Gods wouldn't care about a mere imp like me, I know it from over three hundred years of experience and I know that Gods would never care. Who cared for me was the priestess herself. That day, she had objected to her class about demons being evil - feeling there may be compassion in these fallen, wretched creatures, and moved toward the battlefield to tend to the injured from both sides, even though one of them were demons that I myself knew to be evil," he explained. "Who saved me wasn't favor of the Gods or a miracle. It was a personal miracle, realized by a human, and a human's love and compassion. That is why I put equal faith in those close to me as I do in deities. I hope you can derive a lesson from this Pandora. You may now leave," he returned to his usual, formal tone by the end. You could tell he spoke out of line, directed more by emotions rather than his usual personality of a calm sage and the formal attire of the Guildmaster. Who was speaking was Azazel from the heart, not some cold machine that keeps law and balance.

After that, he simply watched the space outside the window. The beautiful planet this world was blessed with was far too illustrious for words. And he was glad that he could see it. He was thankful to the woman that saved his very existence that day and opened his eyes on the world. Azazel took a deep breath, preparing for his other conversation; with Artoria.

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel
(I'm out for now, cyah.)

Pandora Ambrose

Pandora was starting to get annoyed, not with the punishment though. The punishment was too easy in her perspective. Being Warden for 8 hours? Psh, that beats having to be flogged for the same amount of time. Meditation? Too easy, she can just pray while meditating. She's a bit wary about what'll happen in the forest, but judging from the naivety of the guild master, it'll be a breeze.

What irked Pandora the most was the guild master's stupidity and naivety. He's using a single human, an exceptionally strange human at that, as a basis for humanity. How can he be so stupid?! How can a demon like him be so naive?!?! Those filthy scum cannot be saved! There weren't taken against their will, they willingly corrupted their souls in exchange for the promise of power!! Those worthless and disgusting pieces of shit has no right to accept the gift of salvation for the crimes they have committed against the Light!!!!

Though she was fuming with anger, she struggled to keep it inside her. Her face was starting to get red and strained from the effort of calming herself. She wanted to say all of it and more, but she cannot risk her standing in the guild over the difference in her ideology with the guild master, no matter how stupid his views are.

With a deep breath, she managed to somewhat keep it under control. "The Heretic Priestess, that's what we called her you know." Pandora darkly muttered, her hands clenching. "She was burned at the stake for healing demons, did you know that? Te very same humans you keep defending, the ones you say are redeemable? That doesn't apply to everyone. Some are hopeless, all they bring is suffering and misery to the people who least deserve it. And it is our job to end them, to kill them so that no one else has to suffer losing a person they love, so that no one else has to suffer." She said as she stood up to leave the room.

"Do you know why I worship the gods?" She asked the guild master as she got to the door. "I'm not stupid enough to believe that they are benevolent or that they will rid thr world of evil or some other bullshit like that." She said as she clenched th door handle so hard it might break. "I worship them, I devote my all to them because they are absolute. They are constant and unending. They stay the same and they stay true to their values. At the very least, they don't betray those who follows them." She said as she exited the room.

"He's waiting for you." She said to Artoria as she passed by her. Pandora headed toward her room to pray, finding comfort in the solace offered by familiarity.

Aureliana Hrodohaidis
Fort Black - Library

Aureliana giggled ever so slightly. The sight of a classic pale witch draped in black robes walking around carrying cookies was funny. So this is what I look like, well if I had black hair. "Ah, the Fall of the Archdemon of Ptrenfordun. I remember that. We sent a small group of people there to aid the angel on his request, but we don't like to talk about that." She knew the artifact that Iris was talking about, but even she didn't know what happen to it. The reports that came back said that it was lost in the midst of the battle, and she knew it wasn't part of the vault's collection.

As they entered the library, she saw James and Seigurd. "Hello James, Hello Seigurd. Come have some cookies." She grabbed a few cookies. "Some for you and some for you. I baked your favorite Seigurd. James, I know your sense of taste is non-existent, so I baked these cookies to stimulate texture and mana." Having given them their cookies, she bowed and said that she must leave them for now. Wilted Wilted IamNotLoki IamNotLoki

Upon reaching the center of the library, Aureliana raised her cage into the air and said, "Grant me access to the Archives of Geography." The slate in the ground cleanly and smoothly depressed into the floor, creating a spiral staircase. As she stepped down into the floors below, she said, "You can find maps in the general library floor, but the Archives of Geography provide very specific maps for very specific locations. As such, the library only allows access to it, and any other floors beyond the general floor, to those that it deems worthy of holding knowledge. Or at least it use too, now it only trusts whoever the keeper trusts, which means me. Can't do anything about, my soul is bounded to the library. Not that it really matters, since I trust almost everyone."

On the final steps, bright blue light glowed out and casted shadows onto the two. The staircase opened up to a massive several story room with blue lines tracing the walls and floors. Massive glass drawers and cases containing maps were lined up, all leading to a massive wire frame globe. "The Armstrong Apparatus. It was created by Plemothy Armstrong, famed explorer and cartographer, about 250 years ago." Aureliana lifted her cage and a fog of brown, white, blue, and peach flowed out to form a man dressed in dark blue and with a large white beard. The man placed his right arm on his chest and bowed, before fading away. "He created some of the world's greatest maps, and wanted to show the world it. However, even with printing technology, the maps weren't accurate even to provide small details. So he created this to copy any map, not just his, with extreme accuracy. It only works on maps." She walked up to the wire frame globe. "Year 428, Map of the Northern Arc's Focus."

The globe began to spin. Behind the two, among one of the drawers, blue lights began to surround and shine. On the pedestal before the globe, a map began to form as mana streamed forth to draw the lines on the page before. Once it finished, the globe slowed to a stop and the blue light ceased. "There is your map of the Northern Arc's Focus, may it serve you well."
Swire Swire

Siegurd
Fort Black

Siegurd, visibly pleased by James addressing him as his "favourite mascot", sat on the ledge of the nearest bookshelves. "I'm doing fine! Still can't believe I got left behind..." He replied, pouting a little. "Heh, was your anti-magic too strong to not spoil the fun?" He guessed from James' words with a slight chuckle. "I'm not really the 'powerful' sort of type, but I guess I can sort of relate." Tilting his head, he stretched his wings and attempted to see what sort of books James was reading. "Another dimension sounds fun. Fights and conflicts are, too, but not when I get left out of them all the time... If you're going to go to another dimension, you better bring me along, too!" He added eagerly.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki
"Ah that sounds like a terrific Idea old chum..." Said telepathically. "I could use a companion when I try out this... Hula dancing... I heard it's fun..." James explained as he used magic to flip the book towards the tiny dragon creature. "Look at this... it looks quite splendid doesn't it? I would love to write the details of this fantastic island in my journal..." James said as he showed an image of beautiful tan women dancing in front of a sapphire blue ocean. "Don't get me wrong.. the old demon is a dear friend and I do want to use my powers to aid his guild... but I'm more than just powers... I want to experience life!" James floated to get more books.

The mana-entity then bumped into Aureliana. "How very thoughtful of you... I would be very pleased to have some of these delectable treats... do you know how I can ingest it?" He asked before taking the cookie... but the woman was already gone.

Siegurd
Fort Black Library

"Hula dancing, huh?" Siegurd examined the image, moving his head to have a closer look. The scenery did look quite beautiful... and it wasn't just because of the ocean with its brilliant hues of blue. "Sounds fun!" His childish, energetic voice completely masked what he was actually interested in as he looked at the picture. Anyway, this other dimension did sound and look very appealing to him. Perhaps taking a vacation from his oh-so-imperative position as guild mascot wasn't such a bad idea. James' last sentence did slightly hit home, too. Siegurd hadn't even noticed how quickly time seemed to flow, and looking back, he realised he had stuck loyally to the guild for the last three centuries. He really hadn't "experienced life", either...

His reminiscing was cut short by the sound of a familiar voice offering cookies. "Don't mind if I do!" Siegurd launched himself off of the bookshelf and glided over to the cookies. "Thanks!" He called in a muffled voice after picking the cookies up in his mouth. However, he found himself too late, with Aureliana already gone. He was curious as to what she was doing in the library, but he supposed with her position that her visiting it was far from out of the ordinary. James seemed to be having trouble actually consuming the cookie, unfortunately for him. "Um... maybe try putting it where you think a mouth would be?" He suggested uncertainly, really unsure of how James' anatomy even worked. "Maybe you'll magically absorb it or something."

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Alteras Alteras

The Drifter
Dark Forest (Walking towards Bowerstone)

The black clad figure continued his aimless path. Along the way he spotted a white boulder along the path. Carved on it was a crude portrait of a man with a strange drill hairstyle. He knelt down and read the inscription on the rock.

Here lies the gallant stranger with hair as sharp as a unicorn's horn.
You may have come from a land far away, but you will always have a place in our village
"The only thing sharper than an Espanian sword... is an Espanian swords-man!" --Hero

The dark figure chuckles a bit. "Even in this dimension you were an honorable man, teacher..." He moved his hand towards the rock's mossy surface and removed some debris. "Even in a land far away from your home... you kept to your values..." The metallic voice spoke. "I wish you were here to guide me... I could use your advice now of all times..." The man whispered.

Only silence answered the strange man.

The man stood up and gestured a final sign of respect. "I guess there is no magical force in this dimension that will bring you back to your skeletal self, huh?" The dark figure said disappointingly as he felt the bitter sting of being alone.

Suddenly he heard explosions coming some distance away from him. He walked away from the stone and observed what was going on. Ahead of him is a large camp set on fire. He slid down the leaf covered ground to investigate.

"YOU WILL ALL DIE! BRING ME WOGURAN... OR I WILL SHOW YOU ENDLESS PAIN!" A woman with fiery red skin rushed into a group of bandits with nothing more than a longbow and some arrows. Two long horns adorned her head... every time she pulled back her bow, the horns glew bright red.

"An oni..." The man clad in black spoke.

Siegurd
Fort Black Library

"Hula dancing, huh?" Siegurd examined the image, moving his head to have a closer look. The scenery did look quite beautiful... and it wasn't just because of the ocean with its brilliant hues of blue. "Sounds fun!" His childish, energetic voice completely masked what he was actually interested in as he looked at the picture. Anyway, this other dimension did sound and look very appealing to him. Perhaps taking a vacation from his oh-so-imperative position as guild mascot wasn't such a bad idea. James' last sentence did slightly hit home, too. Siegurd hadn't even noticed how quickly time seemed to flow, and looking back, he realised he had stuck loyally to the guild for the last three centuries. He really hadn't "experienced life", either...

His reminiscing was cut short by the sound of a familiar voice offering cookies. "Don't mind if I do!" Siegurd launched himself off of the bookshelf and glided over to the cookies. "Thanks!" He called in a muffled voice after picking the cookies up in his mouth. However, he found himself too late, with Aureliana already gone. He was curious as to what she was doing in the library, but he supposed with her position that her visiting it was far from out of the ordinary. James seemed to be having trouble actually consuming the cookie, unfortunately for him. "Um... maybe try putting it where you think a mouth would be?" He suggested uncertainly, really unsure of how James' anatomy even worked. "Maybe you'll magically absorb it or something."

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Alteras Alteras
James
Library

"Oh dear... it might be a bad idea to stick random things into random holes in my body..." James said as he placed the cookie on a table. "Besides... I don't think I have any holes or crevices to begin with... how odd..." The mana-entity said as he looked at some books. "Okay lets go for a disguise..." As James said this his body morphed into that of a middle aged man with balding hair and a graying beard. Large spectacles hang over his beaked nose. Out of his chest grew a Hawaiian shirt complete with floral patterns. "Well? How do I look?"

Artoria Adamant

As Artoria looked at Pandora walk by, she nodded at her. She entered Azazel's room and stood by a chair, looking at the Guildmaster with a rather happy expression. She really, really loved those cookies and they, in fact, brightened up her day. "You wanted to see me, correct?" She asked, just to be sure she didn't have a hallucination due to lack of mana in her body from before. That said, she kept standing by the chair, looking at Azazel with a curious expression. If the Guildmaster did want to see her, it must've been for a good reason.

Birdsie Birdsie

Damian Vi Lasombra
Fort Black - Courtyard >>> Library

"Ah, I see. Thanks for the help," he said, showing Iclyn a friendly thumbs-up. 'Library? lots of knowledge? Interesting,' he thought as he walked away, smirking.

Alteras Alteras

Damian made his way through the hallways and reached a pair of wooden doors. Upon opening them, an expansive hall full of shelves reaching to the ceiling appeared before his eyes. Each one of them full of books of diverse color and theme. The room reeked of ink and old paper. 'Perfect,' he sat down, reaching out for a book of magical incantations. He started reading it and repeating several of the verses in an attempt to improve his Dominate spell.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Wilted Wilted

UPGRADE: Dominate: Master's Will: Command and Mesmerize may now be issued with a slightly longer command, composed of one phrase, or sentence.

Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black - Guildmaster's Office

Azazel looked at her as if disturbed. "What? Why are you even asking? Do you suffer from amnesia? Yes, I called you here, otherwise, you would not be here, right?" he sat down in his chair again, then looked straight at Artoria. "Well, more importantly, your sword," he remarked. "The Excalibur. I have its scabbard. Do you want it?" he asked. There was depth in Azazel's voice. You could tell that no matter what Artoria said, he already had another question, or sentence planned for her.

Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel
(Sorry for short post, Im preparing for Chapter 2)

Siegurd
Fort Black, Library

"That looks really convincing!" Siegurd complimented encouragingly, a little in awe himself at the realism of the disguise. "I'm not really sure what people in that dimension might think of an old man doing that sort of dancing..." He added, blurting out the thoughts that just occurred to him. "But I'm sure you'll be fine!" But

His gaze shifted over to the sound of the library doors opening. Ah, it was the newbie. It was no surprise a new recruit would come to see the library, and a dropped jaw or two wasn't something new for Siegurd to see, either. Nonetheless, the book the newbie was reading did have some more... suspicious magic, as far as Siegurd knew. Oh, well. He was sure the newbie was too inexperienced and naive to do any of those, anyway, like the majority of other recruits were. He didn't even know if the newbie would notice, but he gave a short nod of greeting in the newbie's direction regardless.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Birdsie Birdsie

Damian Vi Lasombra
Fort Black - Courtyard >>> Library

"Ah, I see. Thanks for the help," he said, showing Iclyn a friendly thumbs-up. 'Library? lots of knowledge? Interesting,' he thought as he walked away, smirking.

Alteras Alteras

Damian made his way through the hallways and reached a pair of wooden doors. Upon opening them, an expansive hall full of shelves reaching to the ceiling appeared before his eyes. Each one of them full of books of diverse color and theme. The room reeked of ink and old paper. 'Perfect,' he sat down, reaching out for a book of magical incantations. He started reading it and repeating several of the verses in an attempt to improve his Dominate spell.

UPGRADE: Dominate: Master's Will: Command and Mesmerize may now be issued with a slightly longer command, composed of one phrase, or sentence.

Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black - Guildmaster's Office

Azazel looked at her as if disturbed. "What? Why are you even asking? Do you suffer from amnesia? Yes, I called you here, otherwise, you would not be here, right?" he sat down in his chair again, then looked straight at Artoria. "Well, more importantly, your sword," he remarked. "The Excalibur. I have its scabbard. Do you want it?" he asked. There was depth in Azazel's voice. You could tell that no matter what Artoria said, he already had another question, or sentence planned for her.

Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel
(Sorry for short post, Im preparing for Chapter 2)
James
Library

"Quite the odd choice of reading material... if I do say so myself..." The balding Middle aged man said as he hung upside down to look at the book Damian was reading. He took the cookie and bit into with his now human mouth. "Ah... sho thish is how tashte worksh...." He said with his mouth full.

Damian Vi Lasombra
Fort Black - Library

"Huh?" Damian exclaimed, looking up to see an old man staring at him, staring right at him. "NANI? WHAT?" he inquired, slightly spooked. After a second, with a slightly irritated face, Damian sighed. "You can't sneak up on people like this," he explained, then sighed in relief. Damian slid across his forehead, wiping several drops of sweat from it and then picked up his book again, returning to where he left off. He would try to ignore the old man's antics-- "Wait a moment, how are you--" he looked at the man again. He was... hanging upside down?! Damian was left speechless. "H-How?! How are you doing that?!" he asked. The man had to have some really insane athletic skills to do a thing like that... or it was magic.

Swire Swire Wilted Wilted

Last edited:
Damian Vi Lasombra
Fort Black - Library

"Huh?" Damian exclaimed, looking up to see an old man staring at him, staring right at him. "NANI? WHAT?" he inquired, slightly spooked. After a second, with a slightly irritated face, Damian sighed. "You can't sneak up on people like this," he explained, then sighed in relief. Damian slid across his forehead, wiping several drops of sweat from it and then picked up his book again, returning to where he left off. He would try to ignore the old man's antics-- "Wait a moment, how are you--" he looked at the man again. He was... hanging upside down?! Damian was left speechless. "H-How?! How are you doing that?!" he asked. The man had to have some really insane athletic skills to do a thing like that... or it was magic.

Swire Swire Wilted Wilted
James
Library

"AH pardon me... I forgot I was wearing my vacation clothes..." James morphed back into his more natural, tentacled form. "There we go..." James said telepathically. "Sorry for being rude... my name is James... I am a mana-entity... pardon me for asking but... what's your name? You seem like a new face..."

Damian Vi Lasombra
Fort Black - Library

Damian stared at the entity, only shocked furthermore by its appearance. After several seconds, his expression and body language relaxed almost to the state it was in once he was reading. He was almost fully calm. "I see. My apologies. I am Damian Vi Lasombra," he replied, moving his fingers together and taking hold of his book. He marked the page he was reading by bending the corner of the page very slightly, so he could later know where he finished off. He closed it, then looked up at James again. "Yes, I am new here. Arrived yesterday, to be exact." Damian observed James with some curiosity, now completely calm. The thing before him was... interesting. He was wondering if there were more creatures like this. Like a whole species of them, as he had never seen such a being before.

Reina_StehlengarBanner.jpg

Reina blinked as she looked over noticing as Iris ran away. She blinked, scratching at her chin looking strangely at her as she ventured away. Weird... why does she feel so familiar? Don't remember seeing her or anything... oh well! She dismissed her questioning about Iris as she quickly ventured away as if some hurry. She blinked looking about once more before starting to stretch a little bit, as if she had stiffened up from being teleported. She lightly hummed wandering off into the lobby, her eyes glancing over noticing Malcolm as he spoke up.

"Hello person!" She spoke out with a bright smile, blinking a she noticed the owls he seemed to be staring up recognizing who it was he was paying attention to. "Oooo! Luciiiiiiii! Hey! You caught someone!" She shouted out loudly. Her head turned back to Malcolm again staring questioningly over him. She leaned in close looking at him closing seeming to be pondering something as she stared at him. He was famiar to her thought she was having trouble remembering. She hadn't interacted directly with him (from what she could remember) but she did recall seeming him before and taking a mental note.

"Do I know you from somewhere mister... think I saw you before... maybe talked to you? Maybe I was just peeping on you though.... I'm not sure." She spoke completely nonchalant mentioning effectively having been watching him. She tended to not really think things through as to how bad they might sound before stating them out loud. Truthfully even if she did know better Reina likely wouldn't even consider the notion of observing someone could be considered 'creepy'.

Swire Swire Kylesar1 Kylesar1 NUSKI NUSKI

Siegurd
Fort Black, Library

Siegurd burst into a fit of laughter at Damian's reaction to James, finding his shock entertaining. He flew up to the new recruit from behind James, and sat on the creature's shoulders to stare at the half demon. "Hiya there, newbie!" He made even more of an effort to make his voice lighthearted. "The name's Siegurd, guild mascot! It'd serve you well to know it." His eyes shifted conceitedly.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Birdsie Birdsie

The Drifter
Woguran's Camp

"Well well.. an oni? What the hell is it doing all the way here?" A big bandit covered in tattoos approached the red-skinned girl. "Were you the one who burned down our gate? You'll pay for that you know?" Another bandit laughed as the girl got slowly surrounded.
"You want to get to our boss? Well you gotta play with us first!" The bandits laughed and pulled out their weapons.
"Haha... she's so cute... maybe we capture her and play with her before we sell her off?"
"Idiot, that will lower her price..."
"She killed our friends... we gotta rip her to shreds..." Another bandit pointed a club at the lone oni.

The girl loaded her bow with an arrow and pointed it at the biggest bandit.

The scene was interrupted by clanking sounds from the Drifter's boots.

"EH!? ANOTHER INTRUDER!? WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?" One of the men asked as the masked swordsman approached the crowd.

"You... I don't need your help! Get the hell out!" The oni-girl roared at the black clad man.

The masked man stayed silent...

The oni girl grit her teeth and returned her eyes to her target and quickly fired a shot at a bandit. Ripples of air flew from the arrow as it broke the sound barrier!

The masked man dashed to the arrow at great speeds and sliced it down with a red bladed sword. The strike was so fast that only a red streak hinted that the sword was drawn.

The bandits looks surprise.

"HAHAHA this guy is here to hep us? Maybe he wants a piece of the oni girl too? HAHAHAHA!" The bandits laughed.

Then suddenly the red blade swing wide cutting down three bandits cleanly as if they were made of butter.

Blood splattered on the black mask... as well as nearby bandits. The look of fear now painted on their faces.

"RUN!!!" The said as they started to dash away from the man with the scarlet red blade.

"YOU! STOP THIS AT ONCE! THIS IS MY VENGEANCE! DON'T GET IN MY WAY!" The oni girl loaded three arrows into her bow and aimed at the running bandits.

"No..." The metallic voice said simply as the masked man got in the way of the arrows and cut them down. He then proceeded to leap into the air and skewer a fleeing bandit with his horrific sword.

"RAAAHHHH! YOU BASTARD, GO AWAY!!!" The girl loaded her bow once more... this time aiming it at the masked man.

The arrow flew at deadly speed and accuracy to the man... but it was simply sliced in half by a red flash of light.

Another bandit was sliced down by the masked monster.

"Sound the alarms! We need reinforcements over here!" The bandits yelled as one by one they were mowed down by the black and red blur of destruction.

The oni-girl clenched her fist tight as her moment of vengeance was taken from her.

"I'll kill you! I'll kill you!!!" She rushed at the black swordsman with a flurry of arrows.

MALCOLM MOORE
Black Fort - Lobby

Malcolm was deeply frustrated with his performance this mission and he should have been. If it wasn't for that masked man with the metallic voice I might have been able to do something. If his acolytes saw him now, they would laugh. He was a monk of Sabbas, the Headmaster for crying out loud and the only thing he was able to do was throw up. To make it worse, no one had even noticed he had arrived to the castle- they just ignored him. Prepared to return to his room for meditation, a quirky girl approached with a bounce in her step. She congratulated the owl girl which made the young elf turn pale. Taking a step towards his ro and newcomer stared at him which made Malcolm feel uncomfortable. He stopped and turned his head slightly and raised his eyebrow, waiting for her to speak and so she did.

"No, I'm afraid this is the first time we've ever met... I think" Malcolm started hesitantly. "You can just call me Malcolm. I just arrived yesterday so unless you were a monk in a monastery in the middle of the desert, this is the first time you have seen me" Malcolm ended, forcing a weak smile. As the girl leaned in, his eyes widened and his ears perked up.

"Is that all...?" Malcolm ended, waiting for her to say her name.

Hanarei Hanarei Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back