• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Guild of Heroes (Temporarily Closed)

Azazel Rofocale
Forests North of Fort Black

"All there is to it? So you'd kill someone for having demonic blood alone? Would you trust someone because they are an angel? Well, those two questions are more or less irrelevant right now. It is the time we begin," he said. Azazel reached into his robe and took out a small, golden bell that could easily fit in one hand. It had engravings on itself and a blockade that didn't let it ring. Then he took out a small, golden coin with a pentagram-shaped symbol on it, and lastly, he took out two medallions. He threw one to Pandora. It was made out of carefully-polished silver chain at the end of which there was a blue sapphire which glowed faintly with magic. "Put it on, and let me know once you're ready. We won't be coming back here in a while," he said, then stood up, taking the bell and coin in his left hand. Azazel pulled the medallion over his neck, waiting for Pandora to do the same.

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse
Pandora Ambrose

Pandora smirked at the guild master's answer. "Again with the angels, I don't care if they're seen as divine they can still pose as a threat. Demon, man, angel, once they pose a threat, I will not hesitate to destroy them. Though I admit that I am prejudiced against demons." Pandora had answered. Indeed, she did not care whom she killed. She'd had to kill children who were tainted by evil and even kill pregnant women whose children were half-demons.That does not mean that she is not haunted by those acts though.

Tw guild master handed Pandora a medallion and she saw that the guild master had one as well along with what seems like a bell. "If this would make things go faster." She said as she wore th medallion. She had no idea what it does, though she suspects that it allows one to see through the memories of the other due to what the guild master said at the beginning. "Now what?"

Birdsie Birdsie

Azazel Rofocale

"Now? Now we'll cheat the universe," he said. Azazel removed the blockade from the bell and rang it numerous times in what seemed to be specific patterns, motions, and algorithms. As the bell rang, he explained the functions of the tools he brought along. "These medallions are paradox removers that keep us outside of normal existence and time. They will ensure we don't screw up and alter the universe permanently on accident - do not take it off, or there will be grave consequences. The coin I have with me can open a portal to the netherworld, and the bell I am ringing is a catalyst for the true magic of time, which will let us travel to the past. You are about to witness history with your very own eyes," he said. As the bell kept ringing, Pandora would suddenly feel somewhat light-headed as her medallion started lighting up. The trees around them started growing smaller. Bushes disappeared. The animals that surrounded Azazel walked back to where they were. The sky's position changed, and before Pandora could even realize it - it was winter, and there was white snow everywhere.

"As I said," he stopped ringing. "Do not take off your medallion. The consequences of that decision could possibly be of cosmic scale... or it might affect a single man, or it might end the world as we know it. This is True Magic we are dealing with - the same force the Elder God used to create the world before time existed. This is the level of power that rivals gods, so again: I beg of you to take great care." Azazel looked around and sighed deeply. "If you have any nosebleeds, or your head hurts, then don't worry. That's normal and will end soon. Regardless, do you know where we are?-- No. That's the wrong word. Do you know WHEN we are?"

Azazel Rofocale

"Now? Now we'll cheat the universe," he said. Azazel removed the blockade from the bell and rang it numerous times in what seemed to be specific patterns, motions, and algorithms. As the bell rang, he explained the functions of the tools he brought along. "These medallions are paradox removers that keep us outside of normal existence and time. They will ensure we don't screw up and alter the universe permanently on accident - do not take it off, or there will be grave consequences. The coin I have with me can open a portal to the netherworld, and the bell I am ringing is a catalyst for the true magic of time, which will let us travel to the past. You are about to witness history with your very own eyes," he said. As the bell kept ringing, Pandora would suddenly feel somewhat light-headed as her medallion started lighting up. The trees around them started growing smaller. Bushes disappeared. The animals that surrounded Azazel walked back to where they were. The sky's position changed, and before Pandora could even realize it - it was winter, and there was white snow everywhere.

"As I said," he stopped ringing. "Do not take off your medallion. The consequences of that decision could possibly be of cosmic scale... or it might affect a single man, or it might end the world as we know it. This is True Magic we are dealing with - the same force the Elder God used to create the world before time existed. This is the level of power that rivals gods, so again: I beg of you to take great care." Azazel looked around and sighed deeply. "If you have any nosebleeds, or your head hurts, then don't worry. That's normal and will end soon. Regardless, do you know where we are?-- No. That's the wrong word. Do you know WHEN we are?"

Pandora Ambrose

The Paladin trembled as the guild master explained what the objects were and what they did as well as explain what was going on. Does he even understand the potential consequences of these things? Of what would happen if they fall into the wrong hands? Should she be worried that he's stupid enough to accidentally ruin the universe or relieved that he's too naive to try anything of that sort?

"Do you even realize what that power may do in the hands of evil? No, not just them. Even the good intentioned may destroy the world as we know ot unwittingly. This is too much power for anyone, you knowthat right?" She asked the guild master, her hand slowly reaching for her hammer.

Despite that though, Pandora was filled with curiosity and wonder. She knew she shouldn't be feeling that right now, but it is impossible not to feel such things in such a situatikn. "We are in the beginning, I guess. It could also be the end for all I kbow." She answered the guild master after she'd calmed down a bit, thpugh her hand is still wrapped around her hammer's handle.

Birdsie Birdsie

Azazel Rofocale

"As long as you wear the medallion, no changes and alterations can or will be made. As long as you wear it, everything is more than safe. We are outside of time and space right now - we are merely observing the universe as it was, but if you take off that medallion, you will become corporeal and the world will become subject to you, as you become subject to it. Besides, the vault of Fort Black contains artifacts of far greater power than this," he commented. Azazel looked at the bell and put the blockade on it, then watched the engravings that were now shining with specific colors for different lines. It was almost as if he was calculating something.

"Very well. Now, take my hand and we will begin," he reached out to her.

Azazel Rofocale

"As long as you wear the medallion, no changes and alterations can or will be made. As long as you wear it, everything is more than safe. We are outside of time and space right now - we are merely observing the universe as it was, but if you take off that medallion, you will become corporeal and the world will become subject to you, as you become subject to it. Besides, the vault of Fort Black contains artifacts of far greater power than this," he commented. Azazel looked at the bell and put the blockade on it, then watched the engravings that were now shining with specific colors for different lines. It was almost as if he was calculating something.

"Very well. Now, take my hand and we will begin," he reached out to her.

Pandora Ambrose

Pandora was even more nervous and angered when the guild master just casually mentioned that there were stronger, and potentially dangerous, artifacts back in the Fort. Not an artifact, artifacts as in plural, many, numerous, a lot. "Where do you even get these things. It's like they just grow out of the gardens with the way you speak of them." She said, having been bothered by the casual demeanor he had when he mentioned twm as if they weren't that special.

Anyway, Pandora grabbed hold pf the guild master's hand as he ordered. She of course kept her other hand on the hammer in case something happens. "Let's get this over with." She said, trying to mask her anticipation and curiosity.

Birdsie Birdsie

Azazel Rofocale

Pandora's vision would turn white for a brief second, and before she realized... she was surrounded by scores of scorching lava and blackened volcanic rock. There was a ceiling of cave-like rock kilometers above their heads, instead of a normal sky. In certain places, one could see openings toward a red sky with black clouds that exploded with fiery lightning bolts. Every now and then, there are towers of black brick and metal as well as fast-moving small clouds of sentient darkness in the sky, that traveled from one tower to another. Demonic beings walked everywhere and beat up poor, defenseless damned souls. Large beholder eye tyrants rebuilt into demons were flying around the wastelands of black and red dust, searching for souls to devour. Imps were flying in flocks and keys, using their small wings to move to small cave structures that they inhabited. It was shocking and unbelievable.

Despite that, she felt no heat and the temperature seemed to be rather standard, if not nonexistent. Azazel led her toward the lava seas. "Over here, it's about to happen," he said, walking up to the very shore and observing it. He briefly looked back at Pandora. "Tell me. Do you know where we are and what's happening? Do you perhaps know which circle of the nether this is?" he asked, kneeling down next to the lava and moving his hand through it. Neither Azazel, nor his armor, nor the lava was affected by this. It seemed that the environment couldn't affect the either of them and vice versa. They were ghosts.

Artoria Adamant

Artoria looked at James, "Wouldn't it be easier to just disrupt their magic circuits? Just turn them off!" She exclaimed as she cut the arms off a golem that was going to slam her down. She rolled out of the way of another golem's attack and stabbed her sword right through its torso. From the golem's chest, liquid poured out and glowed. It emitted a blue light. The golem slowed down greatly, suddenly crashing down on the floor as if it fell asleep. Artoria hummed in approval and rushed at another golem, cutting its head clean off. "YAH!" She exclaimed as her sword cut through another golem's neck, making its head fly away.

Swire Swire IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Alteras Alteras

Azazel Rofocale

Pandora's vision would turn white for a brief second, and before she realized... she was surrounded by scores of scorching lava and blackened volcanic rock. There was a ceiling of cave-like rock kilometers above their heads, instead of a normal sky. In certain places, one could see openings toward a red sky with black clouds that exploded with fiery lightning bolts. Every now and then, there are towers of black brick and metal as well as fast-moving small clouds of sentient darkness in the sky, that traveled from one tower to another. Demonic beings walked everywhere and beat up poor, defenseless damned souls. Large beholder eye tyrants rebuilt into demons were flying around the wastelands of black and red dust, searching for souls to devour. Imps were flying in flocks and keys, using their small wings to move to small cave structures that they inhabited. It was shocking and unbelievable.

Despite that, she felt no heat and the temperature seemed to be rather standard, if not nonexistent. Azazel led her toward the lava seas. "Over here, it's about to happen," he said, walking up to the very shore and observing it. He briefly looked back at Pandora. "Tell me. Do you know where we are and what's happening? Do you perhaps know which circle of the nether this is?" he asked, kneeling down next to the lava and moving his hand through it. Neither Azazel, nor his armor, nor the lava was affected by this. It seemed that the environment couldn't affect the either of them and vice versa. They were ghosts.

Pandora Ambrose

Pandora was bewildered as the scenery changed. They went from a snowy forest directly to a burning wasteland. This is probably the nether where the demons comes from, which the guild master confirms. It was exactly as she pictured it, unholy and damned. Someday she'd purge even this hell, but for now she's just an observer.

"If I had to guess, we are in the Circle you originated from. Not sure which one really. As for what's about to happen, is it that day where the priest healed you?" Pandora had guessed. This was the only thing that came to her mind which of course means that she could be totally wrong. But it holds a great impressoon on the guild master, so it's not really that far fetched.

Birdsie Birdsie

Last edited:
Azazel Rofocale
Netherworld... a long time ago.

"No, it's the day I was born," he said. Suddenly, a small, red impish creature crawled out of the lava, screaming in terror, agony, and pain. It was burning inside out and you could tell it barely survived being born from the primordial darkness of the realm. "What a coincidence that I was born in the sea of scorching, liquid rock. Most newborns learn to say, 'mom'. I learned to swim in lava." As soon as the imp crawled out, it was kicked in the jaw by a larger, red, horned demon. It fell back into lava and crawled out once again, then starting to run. The horned monster grabbed it and threw it back into the sea of the scorching red liquid for fun, then started laughing. "What a difficult childhood," he said, almost nostalgically.

He took the blockade off of the bell and rang it several times in a specific pattern. The conditions dilated and they were in what was presumably one of those towers of blackness. Several fallen archangels, beautiful and lustrous. They appeared like Ancient Greek sculptures and with their sheer being could make anyone's jaw drop in envy of their appearance. Their graceful, golden hair and blue eyes, as they are clad in white robes was completely incomparable to the imp that was moving a painting of one of them with its tiny hands. It could barely hold the item due to its size. "A little to the left," one of them said. The imp obeyed. "No, you idiot. A little more to the right," he remarked. The imp obeyed. "Pssh. You know what? You're useless. Go and die for my amusement," he said, flicking his wrist. The imp was thrown out the balcony to the right and into the seas of lava again. It started crawling back up again. The fallen angels and a small group of demons surrounding them laughed, except for the other imps and damned souls that were too busy also being kicked around.

"What do you think?" he asked.

Last edited:
Iclyn Hajnal Holmström
Iclyn faced down a hallway that still had 3 golems, still continuing their charge. She raised her Blade of Ice into the air and a massive rune started to grow out. More and more rings were drawn as triangles, pentagrams, squares, and hexagons laid atop each ring. Large circles and accessory rings were drawn into place as runic writings and gothic decoration drew themselves in the spaces. The golems were approaching ever closer, but Iclyn wasn't paying attention. Her runes suddenly shifted to form a cube, each side containing a different yet equally elaborate set of runes and circles of ancient magic. Even more runes appeared inside cube, this time forming a sphere. At the center a small light appeared.

Iclyn grabbed her flask of catalyst, uncorked it, and toss about half the bottle's content into the sphere where the light was. Upon doing so, the light erupted and the hallway before her exploded into a fury of wind, hail, snow, and icespikes. Massive pillars of ice grew as the walls, ceiling, and floor were covered in slick ice. The golems were instantly buffeted by it all and were torn to shreds. Iclyn took a step back to admire her work. "Realm of the Ice Queen, isolated to a singular space, ad infinitum. I better close it up." She drew forth her ice blade and the runic symbols of Frozen Dome of Protection appeared. A massive wall of ice several layers thick appeared and closed off the entire hall.

She turned to the others. "This way we only have to worry about two fronts, and James can focus on converting those runes. Anything that shows up there will instantly be destroyed." Iclyn ran to the entrance of the other hall and stood by Artoria. She could feel her flask low on catalyst, but it was refilling itself, and she had enough to dish out several more spells, although none as powerful as her Realm of the Ice Queen.
Swire Swire IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Reina_StehlengarBanner.jpg

Reina smiled brightly excitd for the mission, even if the first bit Luci mentioned didn't seem that eventful. She had hope there would be plenty of fun stuff along the way. She smiled brightly as she had missed Luci mentioning about keeping a low profile at first, wings forming on her back taking shape right where the opening was on her back. She looked over, the half dragon's wings flapping once in stretching out. She touched her chin looking cutely over.

"Oh... I guess that's not really low profile...." She spoke coming to realize it. The wings that she had form seemed to dissipate as quickly as they came, shrinking before vanishing from sight. She shook herself out a little bit, her wings tended to be the part that was most 'strange' for her to evoke when it came to her transformations. Altering a currently existing appendage was one thing, creating whole new ones was such a strange thing. It felt as if her own mind had to rewire itself each time she did so. She looked over at the others staring cutely forward.

"Well... erm.... can I ride with anyone?"
She spoke with a bright smile, scratching the back of her head looking a little timid for once. She wasn't the type to really go riding on a horse, the times she traveled often done instead in a coach wagon if at all.

Wilted Wilted NUSKI NUSKI Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Iris Galvor
System
After the golems had been destroyed thir was a momentary pause as though the entity was thinking. And then the women's voice could be heard again.
"Wave 1 destroyed. Gathering Data...Calculating best possible solution.....New unit required. Higher damage required, countering close ranger swordsman.....Creation in progress....
Unit creation complete.
Calculating solution to runic problem.....Temporary solution is to avoid, creating larger waves in other hallways."

New Unit
Straw Archer :
full

Description:
Low armor, very weak unit. It has a high damage ranged attack. Will almost always stand behind the Ice Warriors shield.
After that in, the 2 hallways that were open, 20 runes came out and formed in golems(10 in each hallway) Half became ice golems, and the other became archers and started firing on them from afar. In each hallways there were 5 ice golems and 5 archers.
IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Alteras Alteras Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Iris Completion: 15%

Last edited:
Shade
Fort Black

Shade was sure he would have sweat a little of he was physically capable of doing so. His entire appearance was far from "low profile", with his large, towering suit of armour, but hopefully it would do. He heard Ren requesting to ride with someone, so he turned to her. "You may ride with me, if you'd like." He offered gently and timidly, though he was not the most experienced of riders himself. Hopefully, she wouldn't mind a few bumps here and there.

Hanarei Hanarei NUSKI NUSKI Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Artoria Adamant

Artoria looked at James, "Wouldn't it be easier to just disrupt their magic circuits? Just turn them off!" She exclaimed as she cut the arms off a golem that was going to slam her down. She rolled out of the way of another golem's attack and stabbed her sword right through its torso. From the golem's chest, liquid poured out and glowed. It emitted a blue light. The golem slowed down greatly, suddenly crashing down on the floor as if it fell asleep. Artoria hummed in approval and rushed at another golem, cutting its head clean off. "YAH!" She exclaimed as her sword cut through another golem's neck, making its head fly away.

Swire Swire IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Alteras Alteras
James
NAF-Vault

"I'm afraid it is quite impossible to just turn all of them off..." James said as he made 3 dead golemns rise back to their feet and fight on their behalf. "There is a complicated form of layered firewall that prevents me from tampering with their code... this firewall can only be removed when the golemns are shut down by force..." James explained as a green golemn blocks an arrow from an archer golemn. Very slowly, more and more golemns were defecting over to Jame's side. "Careful now... I sense more of them approaching!"

Akane Hiei
Tartarus Forest

The couple moved through the forest... walking away from the Treetop Village.
"I wonder what happened to them..." Akane asked.
"Back in my dimension... the Treetop Village of Tartarus was a sanctuary... Its elven forces protected the princess from the army of my former master... Elucifer Lyserg..."
"Dimension..." Akane looked at the man with confused eyes. Part of her wonders if the man is still sane.
"So this princess... was this the princess that gave you that pendant?" She asked.
The Drifter paused and looked at Akane. He held the hilt of his blade. "Dont... move..."
Akane froze as the Drifter slowly drew his sword.

At the flash of red light, a giant praying mantis raised its bladed claws and aimed it at the two warriors.
The Drifter got in front of Akane and blocked the bade made of exoskeleton.

With a flick of the wrist... the Drifter sliced the giant insect in half. The sound of insect wings rubbing together filled the area.

"Damn it... you broke my bow.. how can I defend myself?" Akane asked as their backs joined together.

The Drifter pulled out a strange rope from his cape and motioned it towards Akane.

"What is this?" She asked taking the rope... she found it to be much heavier than she thought.

"That is the rope made of Draconium... a great warrior once wielded that rope... before he turned into the twisted black dragon of destruction..."
The Drifter said as Akane took the rope.

[The Drifter Lost: The Draconium Rope]
[Akane Acquired: The Draconium Rope]

Akane pulled the rope taught in her arms and looked into the eyes of the giant mantids walking in their direction.
"I'll go ahead and tie them together then..." Akane said as she made a lasso out of the rope and dashed up into the trees. She set up a net by wrapping the trees with the rope. As soon as the mantids walked her way, she punched a branch down, triggering a trap that wrapped six mantids together. "This rope... is pretty useful..." She laughed.

Azazel Rofocale
Netherworld... a long time ago.

"No, it's the day I was born," he said. Suddenly, a small, red impish creature crawled out of the lava, screaming in terror, agony, and pain. It was burning inside out and you could tell it barely survived being born from the primordial darkness of the realm. "What a coincidence that I was born in the sea of scorching, liquid rock. Most newborns learn to say, 'mom'. I learned to swim in lava." As soon as the imp crawled out, it was kicked in the jaw by a larger, red, horned demon. It fell back into lava and crawled out once again, then starting to run. The horned monster grabbed it and threw it back into the sea of the scorching red liquid for fun, then started laughing. "What a difficult childhood," he said, almost nostalgically.

He took the blockade off of the bell and rang it several times in a specific pattern. The conditions dilated and they were in what was presumably one of those towers of blackness. Several fallen archangels, beautiful and lustrous. They appeared like Ancient Greek sculptures and with their sheer being could make anyone's jaw drop in envy of their appearance. Their graceful, golden hair and blue eyes, as they are clad in white robes was completely incomparable to the imp that was moving a painting of one of them with its tiny hands. It could barely hold the item due to its size. "A little to the left," one of them said. The imp obeyed. "No, you idiot. A little more to the right," he remarked. The imp obeyed. "Pssh. You know what? You're useless. Go and die for my amusement," he said, flicking his wrist. The imp was thrown out the balcony to the right and into the seas of lava again. It started crawling back up again. The fallen angels and a small group of demons surrounding them laughed, except for the other imps and damned souls that were too busy also being kicked around.

"What do you think?" he asked.

Pandora Ambrose

Pandora listened as the guild master narrated what was happening. It seems like he was the imp bein pushed into the lava over and over again. Sure, while it may seem harsh and cruel, and it probably is to him, isn't this closer to bullying than torture since he can survive that? Nature is harsh you know.

"Birds get thrown of the nest after sometime, horses who can't run will be left behind, lions push their cubs off cliffs to strengthen them. You're just like them. It seems cruel to the eyes of others, but isn't this a normal thing for you? I mean, sure they're bullying you, but it's not that uncommon to other races either." Pandora said as she offered her own opinion.

The scene shifted and it featured a fallen angel ordering around an imp and throwing it into the lava for their own amusement. "That's harsh, but there's a strict hierarchy you know, be it with beasts, demons, pr men. I've been treated harshly by mu superiors before, well they didn't throw me into lava, but even I cried from their bullying." Pandora said to him.

"What are we doing here really? Are you just trying to show me that demons and men are not that differnt?" She said, getting impatient with the vague and mysterious lesson.

Birdsie Birdsie

MALCOLM MOORVE
Leaving
Fort Black

Malcolm remained silent as the three went off to prepare the horses. He was silently praying that this time, he would be able to contribute something to the mission. It seemed they were heading to Brightwall, which was an unfamiliar name to Malcolm. Other than Fort Black, he had spent the majority of his life inside the monastery. It made him realize how big the world was in comparison to one uncharted building in the desert. Somehow, Lucina had made herself leader which was completely fine with Malcolm, he just for some reason felt uncomfortable around the owls. As she spoke about keeping a low profile, Malcolm silently nodded to himself after leaping onto his horse. He smiled as the horse bobbed it's head up and down as if it approved of its rider. He was never too big on riding horses because of how much care they needed but riding them once in a while gave him a thrill. He scratched the top of the animals head before pulling on the reigns and taking off behind Lucina.

"Do we know any details about the victims? That could get us off to a start, maybe he kills people with something in common!" Malcolm shouted as the horse gained speed.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Wilted Wilted Hanarei Hanarei

Azazel Rofocale
Netherworld... a long time ago

Azazel turned to face Pandora, then laughed at her reasoning. "No. Hardly. I'm showing you that Gods have never had anything to do with my life," he said. "At least cubs and birds and you didn't have to swim in lava, endure torture and run from eye tyrants every other hour of each day of each year. This isn't much different from how it looks for a damned soul, except I didn't so anything to deserve it. I was born into it."

The scenery shifted to several rows of armed demons. Most of them were in armor. Some on nightmarish steeds... And then there was little, scared Azazel at the front, with a rusted dagger. "Did you, or your lions serve as cannon fodder?" he asked. This was probably why Azazel takes such disgust at killing weaker beings anyway.

Azazel Rofocale

Azazel turned to face Pandora, then laughed at her reasoning. "No. Hardly. I'm showing you that Gods have never had anything to do with my life," he said. "At least cubs and birds and you didn't have to swim in lava, endure torture and run from eye tyrants every other hour of each day of each year. This isn't much different from how it looks for a damned soul, except I didn't so anything to deserve it. I was born into it."

The scenery shifted to several rows of armed demons. Most of them were in armor. Some on nightmarish steeds... And then there was little, scared Azazel at the front, with a rusted dagger. "Did you, or your lions serve as cannon fodder?" he asked. This was probably why Azazel takes such disgust at killing weaker beings anyway.

Pandora Ambrose

"Well that's because we weren't born is such an environment." She replied to him. "Surely if we were born here we would have to endure all these, yet we'd also be able to somewhat survive here. Lilewise if you had been born here, you wouldn't have suffered all that but you'd be weaker and frailer since you were born here." Te Paladin said as she watched the scene shift again.

This time it was of an army, and while others were stronger and better equipped, the frail and weak yet numerous ones were placed in the frontline. "Well I wasn't much more than that durin my first war." She said yo him. "I fared better though due to my training, but I wasn't that speial either. And lions don't go to war stupid, unless they're one of those eastern warbeasts I have heard of." Pandora replied. Pandora dutifully observed the battlefield, looking at how he demons organized their armies and how they positioned themselves as well as for weak points and blind spots. Moght as well make use of this boring lesson to learn something.

Birdsie Birdsie

Azazel Rofocale

"Good observation, but these formations have been modified shortly after my rebellion. And then several times over the hundreds of years. Don't bother trying to memorize it. The troop formations you are witnessing are old and outdated," he commented, seeing that her own eyes were calculating the positions and organization of the troops. Soon, a portal opened and the troops ran through it. Azazel followed shortly behind them.

Once Pandora and Azazel made their way through, they would pay witness to a scorched ground and destroyed battlefield. Azazel, as an imp was cleaved right through by a Paladin, and left to die. He was choking and slowly bleeding out from the holy energy in his body. "I remember what I thought at that moment. You don't forget near-death experiences," Azazel commented. The demon started mimicking his thoughts in a slightly distorted, pseudo-childish voice: "It hurts! It hurts so much! Please, make it stop, it hurts so much! I.. I can't make it stop! There's too much blood and it hurts so much, please make it stop. I cannot give in. I may be down on my knees, but I cannot give in. No further. No more. I'm going to die. No, please, I want to live. I can't die, I mustn't die. Somebody, anybody, please help me. I don't want to die. I don't want to die. Is that all there is to it? Be born only to be destroyed? I don't want to--" The demonic imp closed its eyes just in perfect unison as Azazel stopped speaking.

"How pathetic," he added, looking at his own corpse. Azazel shook his head, waiting a few seconds. He turned around and faced Pandora: "Now you are about to witness it. My change, that is. Pandora, no one - not even a demon is born evil. All beings are born with equal amounts of evil and good in their hearts - and they are capable of feeling and conducting both. What they need is education. They need an example of kindness, or of cruelty to do either. That is why orcs are chaotic. That is why demons are evil. That is why you are good. Society. Mentorship. They gave you these ideals and morals, so you can pass them on further, just as they were given to me on that faithful day. Remember this lesson."

Suddenly, a woman with tears in her eyes ran across the battlefield. She had white robes and unnatural, silvery-blond hair. She had spiky ears, like an elf, and looked no older than Pandora herself. She looked around at the bodies of both Paladins and demons and ran up to Azazel's dead corpse. "Why?! Why? Why such cruelty?" she asked, shaking his body. "She can't comprehend why sentient beings would hurt each other. So she did something about it," Azazel explained. The priestess laid her hands on the imp's body and started channeling magical energy. The demon's body healed back to its normal state, and in several seconds, the creature opened its eyes, stunned by the light. It looked at the priestess for a few seconds, then moved away in fear. It ran off toward the portal without word, as the priestess started to heal the other bodies.

He turned to the direction of the priestess. "I never had the chance to thank her. It is quite tempting to... No, I mustn't. The fate of the universe is much more important than my self-important sentiments," Azazel said, reaching out at first, then moving his hand back and clenching his fists as he shook his head. He was not speaking to Pandora, and he wasn't speaking in his usual voice. It was again him. Speaking in a less composed and less formal tone, a voice of passion that urged itself toward kindness. The true Azazel. Then, you could hear a silent sobbing sound and some sniffling. Azazel was... crying?

Artoria Adamant

Artoria grunted in annoyance. The wind-shield around her sword disappeared, revealing the golden glory of her holy blade. She slashed her sword in the air five times, as bursts of energy were propelled forward by the blade towards the ice golems. As the razor-sharp dashes of magic hit their necks, the golems' heads flew off, falling on the ground. Artoria then thrust her sword forward, releasing a more powerful burst of energy that would knock off the archers off their feet. If this did succeed, she'd slash the sword five times, again, releasing more golden, magical blades towards the archers' necks to finish them off. However, more golems came out. One hallway was clear, but the other one was full of golems. Luckily, they were slow and Artoria could keep them at bay with her sword's ability to take out foes from a distance.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Alteras Alteras Swire Swire

Last edited:
Damian Vi Lasombra
Fort Black - Dungeons

Shadows seemed to stretch a little in the already dark corridors. They were stretching in order to hide Damian, who was sneaking through the tunnels toward the Warden's office, knowing that Pandora was out somewhere else. With a black cloak and mask on, there were little chances anyone would notice him. He made his way into the Warden's office and started reading the incantations for opening the cells and disabling the security. He made his way over to the cell blocks, ensuring he was not seen. As he chanted words through his teeth, the cell locks opened to his quiet word and the prisoners vacated their cells. Soon after, he announced his presence. "Hear me, Sabbat! I have beaten your previous leader in a sanctioned challenge, and now I am your new leader. As evidence of that fact, I show you this," he took out the Death Knife he took and rose it into the air before hiding it back where it was. "I have a plan for all of you, thanks to which - we can further the cause, but first, I want the best of you in combat and espionage to step out. I also wish to know which one among you is the most adept in magic," he took a brief glance at the men before him. Then he turned his view toward Hemos. "And you, blood mage. I want you to give me a quick rundown of the way that the Sabbat is currently organized."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Azazel Rofocale

"Good observation, but these formations have been modified shortly after my rebellion. And then several times over the hundreds of years. Don't bother trying to memorize it. The troop formations you are witnessing are old and outdated," he commented, seeing that her own eyes were calculating the positions and organization of the troops. Soon, a portal opened and the troops ran through it. Azazel followed shortly behind them.

Once Pandora and Azazel made their way through, they would pay witness to a scorched ground and destroyed battlefield. Azazel, as an imp was cleaved right through by a Paladin, and left to die. He was choking and slowly bleeding out from the holy energy in his body. "I remember what I thought at that moment. You don't forget near-death experiences," Azazel commented. The demon started mimicking his thoughts in a slightly distorted, pseudo-childish voice: "It hurts! It hurts so much! Please, make it stop, it hurts so much! I.. I can't make it stop! There's too much blood and it hurts so much, please make it stop. I cannot give in. I may be down on my knees, but I cannot give in. No further. No more. I'm going to die. No, please, I want to live. I can't die, I mustn't die. Somebody, anybody, please help me. I don't want to die. I don't want to die. Is that all there is to it? Be born only to be destroyed? I don't want to--" The demonic imp closed its eyes just in perfect unison as Azazel stopped speaking.

"How pathetic," he added, looking at his own corpse. Azazel shook his head, waiting a few seconds. He turned around and faced Pandora: "Now you are about to witness it. My change, that is. Pandora, no one - not even a demon is born evil. All beings are born with equal amounts of evil and good in their hearts - and they are capable of feeling and conducting both. What they need is education. They need an example of kindness, or of cruelty to do either. That is why orcs are chaotic. That is why demons are evil. That is why you are good. Society. Mentorship. They gave you these ideals and morals, so you can pass them on further, just as they were given to me on that faithful day. Remember this lesson."

Suddenly, a woman with tears in her eyes ran across the battlefield. She had white robes and unnatural, silvery-blond hair. She had spiky ears, like an elf, and looked no older than Pandora herself. She looked around at the bodies of both Paladins and demons and ran up to Azazel's dead corpse. "Why?! Why? Why such cruelty?" she asked, shaking his body. "She can't comprehend why sentient beings would hurt each other. So she did something about it," Azazel explained. The priestess laid her hands on the imp's body and started channeling magical energy. The demon's body healed back to its normal state, and in several seconds, the creature opened its eyes, stunned by the light. It looked at the priestess for a few seconds, then moved away in fear. It ran off toward the portal without word, as the priestess started to heal the other bodies.

He turned to the direction of the priestess. "I never had the chance to thank her. It is quite tempting to... No, I mustn't. The fate of the universe is much more important than my self-important sentiments," Azazel said, reaching out at first, then moving his hand back and clenching his fists as he shook his head. He was not speaking to Pandora, and he wasn't speaking in his usual voice. It was again him. Speaking in a less composed and less formal tone, a voice of passion that urged itself toward kindness. The true Azazel. Then, you could hear a silent sobbing sound and some sniffling. Azazel was... crying?

Pandora Ambrose​

Netherworld​

"Tsk, I can't help it alright? You never know when an invasion may be launched by demons you know. I got to be prepared." She said to him, talking as if she's prepared to take an army down herself as long as she knows how they fight.

When the portal opened, she and the guild master went through ot to fond even more carnage and chaos. She even saw the guild master get mortally wounded. It was so disturbing to hear him narrate his final thoughts. So much so that she was tempted to just punch him to make him. Fortunately though, he did, but only when the imp seemingly died.

Wait, he died? Surely he did not right? From the way he told his story before, he made it seem like the priest had just healed his wound, but it seems like that was not the case. If that is so, then how powerful is the priest to have resurrected him, an imp, all on her own? She must have been a prodigy, and the fact that she was an elf, and probably a light elf as well, meant that she could still be alive to this day had she kot been burned at the stake. Such a waste.

"You do know that this could have ended differently right? Had she resurrected a differet demon, one that is not as cowardly and timid as you, then she would have been attacked, you know that right? Okay, I'll bend a little. Maybe you guys have a chance at being good, but is it possible really for all of you to turn good? I mean, you were only converted because you were at the bottom of the hierarchy and had experienced the least amount of privileges. The stronger ones would not bend so easily nor would they give up the lifw they have." Pandora said to him as she watched the events unfold.

Then out of nowhere, the guild master suddenly started sniffling. He was probably regretting his decision of having ran away that day, of not having thanked her. Pandora, on the other hand, had no idea how to react to this. "You know you're making me feel awkward eight? I have no idea whether to comfort you or to just punch and you and tell you to man up." Pandora admitted to him. "Let's just move on, please, if that's fine with you."

Birdsie Birdsie

Lucina Waesmor

Brightwall outskirts

"All the reported dead were women who were all currently pregnant. I don't think age was a factor, but it may be." Pregnancy was the most important thing about the reports though, so they needed to go to Brightwall and ask around about these murders and missing women. "Get in there and ask around." She gave them a list of people of interest's faces and names, as well as the victims

Brightwall was a fairly big city, bustling around. Luckily for the group, they had detailed reports of the people of interest, including where they constantly hung out

Places and People of interest

Brightwall Tavern: Grieving Drunkard (Male)
Brightwall Academy: Teacher and Elementary student (Both female)
Potion Store: Owner (Male)
Hotel: Victim's sister (Female)

Hanarei Hanarei
Wilted Wilted
NUSKI NUSKI

Damian Vi Lasombra
Fort Black - Dungeons

Shadows seemed to stretch a little in the already dark corridors. They were stretching in order to hide Damian, who was sneaking through the tunnels toward the Warden's office, knowing that Pandora was out somewhere else. With a black cloak and mask on, there were little chances anyone would notice him. He made his way into the Warden's office and started reading the incantations for opening the cells and disabling the security. He made his way over to the cell blocks, ensuring he was not seen. As he chanted words through his teeth, the cell locks opened to his quiet word and the prisoners vacated their cells. Soon after, he announced his presence. "Hear me, Sabbat! I have beaten your previous leader in a sanctioned challenge, and now I am your new leader. As evidence of that fact, I show you this," he took out the Death Knife he took and rose it into the air before hiding it back where it was. "I have a plan for all of you, thanks to which - we can further the cause, but first, I want the best of you in combat and espionage to step out. I also wish to know which one among you is the most adept in magic," he took a brief glance at the men before him. Then he turned his view toward Hemos. "And you, blood mage. I want you to give me a quick rundown of the way that the Sabbat is currently organized."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Hemos
Fort Black Dungeons

"I'm by far the best mage of the Sabbat." Even though Damian looked into Hemo's cell, hemos's voice came from a place unseen in the cells. "These others, including the late Headmaster, have gained new abilities with their contracts. I chose to expand my potential on what I already own." Gaining a new magic required you to learn how to use said magic. Hemos just took his own magic to unholy levels of strength.

"Headmaster, which is your position. The Sabbat has 4 Elites, 2 of which are dead. I'm here and the other escaped........ and a bunch of logistics positions. Treasurer, Advisor, Trainer, Recruiter, etc." Logistics like any other organized crime group. Hemos made himself seen. "If you plan on getting us out, I hope you're good at stealth or that the defenses are lowered."

Azazel Rofocale

"Of course," he stopped. "As for your question. Yes, each demon has the potential for kindness, just as every angel has the potential to be cruel - as you are about to discover once we go on. Kindness or cruelty isn't something that one receives. It's something that one always has, but needs to learn to use first. That moment when she healed me. It was selfless compassion that motivated her. The thought of such an improbability taking place merely because someone is so empathetic towards other creatures... That's when I learned to use the kindness in me. Ever since that day, the little pushover imp was gone," Azazel clenched his fists and took the small, magical bell back in his hand. He, once again, rang it several times and as he did - the surroundings twisted themselves severely. They were back in the Netherworld, but now, the impish creature was at the top of a mountain summit, giving a speech toward other demons to rouse them up to rise against their cruel overlords. Azazel looked sternly at the hordes of low-ranking demons that gathered to hear him. Most of them walked away, seeing the imp as a foolish creature, but some remained, having genuine hopes for a better future.

"I awoke to justice and became... well. I wouldn't call myself a messiah. More like a... a... there's not even a word to describe it. Something between a demonic priest and a prophet. But I didn't receive any visions from the gods, mind you. It was merely my own sight and thought. The better future I conceived in my mind. I really thought, genuinely, that life could be better for all." Azazel sighed, then looked back at himself. He rang the bell a few times as their environment changed once again... several times in a row. Azazel gave narration to the events Pandora witnessed.

A small horde of imps and lesser demons ambushing a minor lord of the nether. "We killed our way through the ranks, targeting mostly particularly evil devils. Eventually, my teachings reached the upper echelons of hell, and some of the lords invited me for a meeting, offering power. I ascended into a more... humanoid form, much like yours. A demon still, but humanoid. I became strong," he said. As the environment changed, Pandora saw a demon in distinctive black armor, wielding a cursed sword and pointing it toward the blackened sky from a balcony of his tower, as unspeakable hordes of demons cheered with... happiness? Joy? They didn't look like demons, that's for sure. At least, not in expression. Yes, their bodies were diabolical and infernal, but their faces showed strong, positive emotion, human-like serenity and mercy. They were not the ruthless murderers Pandora knew.

"In the end, the overlord of the circle I was in started taking a minor interest. It was like a small insurgency to him. A fly to be swatted but in the end? We prevailed, and I took his place," he said. The environment altered itself, showing a brief scene of the figure in black armor that Pandora saw on the balcony, changing its appearance. The new overlord... it was Azazel. Pandora knew from the look of his armor, that was very similar to the one he used nowadays during combat. "And then, the Emperor required an audience with me. He didn't know of my cause. The word hasn't reached him - after all, the overlords were but dogs to him, and the lords, like what I used to be: were but grains of sand," he said. The environment changed to Azazel kneeling before a darkened, horned figure with blazing, crimson eyes that sat upon a decadent throne, surrounded by other demons. "He gave me the rank of the Grand Overlord of Hell, which essentially made me his second-in-command, just like he used to be the second-in-command of the Gods. Ironic, right? Well, it was a chance. I gathered all of the lords under me-- we even convinced some other overlords to join us - and the rebellion reached the Emperor, who was beyond furious." Pandora witnessed a duel between Azazel and the unholy Emperor of the Netherworld. Then, it changed again, Azazel was kneeling, injured. "He decided to go for the ironic way and cast me to Terra, and punished my companions for daring to join me. I know some of them keep fighting to this day, but they don't have the same power as they used to have."

Azazel stopped ringing the bell. "The next stop we make is our last. What do you think so far?" he asked, turning his head to Pandora.

Damian Vi Lasombra
Fort Black - Dungeon

Damian confirmed Hemos' words, looking toward where his voice came from. "Indeed. Several of the stronger members of the Guild are out for a mission. So is the dungeon's warden and the Guildmaster himself. There could hardly be better conditions for an escape," he replied. "I have a simple, but advantageous plan. Our first move will be to fight our way through the dungeon and courtyard, then make our way to the underground complex, and finally - the vault. Just before the main gates of said vault, we will stop and create a barricade, letting no one through. I will lead the way, then sneak through and get the keys to the vault. Once I am back, we will open the vault, loot every worthwhile item within it for our own usage, and use our newfound power to leave. I suspect that with the power of the artifacts within the vault - the measly warriors of the guild will be about as hard to kill as harmless puppies."

Damian scanned the small crowd of cultists before him. "Does anyone object to this plan, or have a better one that they wish me to hear?" he asked.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back