• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Guild of Heroes (Temporarily Closed)

ELIZABETH ROCKWELL
Fort Black - Dungeon

Elizabeth eyed the women in front of her cautiously as she slowly sat down. Every second, Elizabeth swore she hated Pandora more. For someone who was known for praising 'holy light' she sure was a mischievous little devil. Actually, she was more upset at herself than she was Pandora. If she was physically 22 years of age, this mistake wouldn't have happened but then again she probably wouldn't be in this dungeon or the Guild of Heroes as a whole. Elizabeth cringed when she called her dearie because if she wasn't this young Pandora would have never dared to disrespect her in such a manner.

"Do not treat me as if I am a child" Elizabeth hissed with a look of disgust in her face. She was trapped and there was nothing she could do. She would just have to wait for an opening. "What I said earlier was just a thought. Whatever you're think is wrong. I have no intention of making any deals." She crossed her arms and pouted, knowing that what she said would be easily seen through.

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

Reina_StehlengarBanner.jpg

She looked on listening to the missions as she was given them. A hand lfited up to her chin as she looked on in thought, contemplating it all. She wasn't truthfully sure what to pick vaguely skimming over the ideas in her mind. She was the type that often could get bogged down trying to make a decision on something, at least until she just give up and throw herself one way or another.

"Lot of having to be careful beating stuff up. I mean I can though its always hard to tell just how durable someone can be..."
She spoke muttering to herself tapping on her chin. She has had... numerous accidents in the past leading to some broken bones before, not for herself but those she had to deal with. While she could restrain herself to some extent, she always found it tricky to know just how much to pull back her punches. She raised her finger up smiling brightly.

"I vote for all three! Well... I mean I guess really I'll do any of them. They are all interesting. The necromancer types can make some real fun crazy things to fight! Though an undead dragon it can be interesting meeting, the only dragon I know really is my mother and brothers and sisters, you don't really see many of them around and there is so many different types, never mind one that is undead! Having weapons tested against us could be a lot of fun too! I'm sure theres a lot of crazy stuff that could lead to!" She rambled on a bit looking over to Shade.

"Wacha perfect my shining knight? What about you Ms. Hooters?" She spoke attempting to give cute nick names once again.... obvious she didn't really even understand at all what those nick names could be portrayed to mean by others.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Wilted Wilted

Shade
Fort Black, Lobby

"Necromancer..." Shade muttered to himself almost inaudibly in thought. "An undead dragon as well." The first two missions posed the most interest for him as he was undead himself. However, the fact that the necromancer had murdered others, only to use them in such a way upset him greatly to the point he even failed to notice Ren calling him a shining knight. "The necromancer one." He blurted out without even thinking. There was a clear tone of hard anger as he did so, and he only realized his mistake too late. "If you would like, of course." He added. The anger was still there, but it sounded as if he was attempting to suppress it with his regular timid and respectful tone.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Hanarei Hanarei

Pandora Ambrose

Pandora was smirking when the girl tried to deny Pandora's accusations. This only confirmed her suspicions, the girl's a sinner trying to deny her sins. Did this girl really think Pandora will believe her after what she just said? Is she stupid or just ignorant? In any case, Pandora was sure that the girl was not as she seems.

"Stop bluffing." She said to the girl. "We can always test it if you want. I'll cast Turn Undead on you, then we'll see who's telling the truth." She said as her hand started to glow. "Or, we could be civilized and just come to an agreement before anything nasty can occur."

"I'll help you with whatever it is you were blabbin about, and you'll do me a favor in exchange." She said as the glow on her hands died out. "It's nothing too big, you barely evn have to do a thing. So what do you say?"

NUSKI NUSKI

ELIZABETH ROCKWELL
Fort Black - Dungeon

"What do you want?" Elizabeth snapped. Her arms were still crossed and she tried her best to make herself look mad but it came across as cute. Another stupid flaw. Elizabeth doubted that the spell Pandora was talking about would work because her brother somehow used a different method. Plus, Pandora was mischievous but not evil. She didn't really want to make any deals with the Paladin girl but it would make things easier in terms of her giving blood. The only problem she would have is what would Azazel would say. He can't say anything, he's a freaking demon. "If it's something stupid Pandora, I swear I will punch in the face." Elizabeth was going to continue talking but her hair got in her mouth and she had to get it out.

(I'm sorry it's so short, not much else I could say). CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

MALCOM MOORE
Fort Black - Lobby

"I agree with him. The first one is the most promising. Even so, I think we WI still need to take care if that dragon eventually" Malcom said, stepping our from his corner. He did not plan on going on a mission today or even going outside but he realized he could vent his anger through criminals such as this Necromancer. Plus, this mission sounded similar to the last one and Malcolm needed to redeem himself. Really though, he was just happy that Pandora wasn't coming so he could show that he wasn't dead weight. Another thing was the strange man with the mask from the last mission. Malcolm decided to stay quiet until he could gather more information but then again that was probably the last time he would ever see him again. No matter how hard he tried though, he couldn't get his voice out of his head so Malcolm decided to keep him in the back of his thoughts. He wondered if he should have brought him to the Guild and show Azazel. No... he looked strong enough to evade me. After standing there for a while, Malcolm nodded his head as confirmation.

"When do we leave?"

Wilted Wilted Hanarei Hanarei Kylesar1 Kylesar1

View attachment 315294

She looked on listening to the missions as she was given them. A hand lfited up to her chin as she looked on in thought, contemplating it all. She wasn't truthfully sure what to pick vaguely skimming over the ideas in her mind. She was the type that often could get bogged down trying to make a decision on something, at least until she just give up and throw herself one way or another.

"Lot of having to be careful beating stuff up. I mean I can though its always hard to tell just how durable someone can be..."
She spoke muttering to herself tapping on her chin. She has had... numerous accidents in the past leading to some broken bones before, not for herself but those she had to deal with. While she could restrain herself to some extent, she always found it tricky to know just how much to pull back her punches. She raised her finger up smiling brightly.

"I vote for all three! Well... I mean I guess really I'll do any of them. They are all interesting. The necromancer types can make some real fun crazy things to fight! Though an undead dragon it can be interesting meeting, the only dragon I know really is my mother and brothers and sisters, you don't really see many of them around and there is so many different types, never mind one that is undead! Having weapons tested against us could be a lot of fun too! I'm sure theres a lot of crazy stuff that could lead to!" She rambled on a bit looking over to Shade.

"Wacha perfect my shining knight? What about you Ms. Hooters?" She spoke attempting to give cute nick names once again.... obvious she didn't really even understand at all what those nick names could be portrayed to mean by others.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Wilted Wilted
Lucina Waesmor
Fort Black Lobby

She jiggled herself a bit at the term Ms. Hooters. "Not the best nickname you've come up with, but good effort." She had no preference. She just wanted to destroy stuff, which she could relate to. Alright, the military mission was out. It had no urgency whatsoever. That left 2

Shade
Fort Black, Lobby

"Necromancer..." Shade muttered to himself almost inaudibly in thought. "An undead dragon as well." The first two missions posed the most interest for him as he was undead himself. However, the fact that the necromancer had murdered others, only to use them in such a way upset him greatly to the point he even failed to notice Ren calling him a shining knight. "The necromancer one." He blurted out without even thinking. There was a clear tone of hard anger as he did so, and he only realized his mistake too late. "If you would like, of course." He added. The anger was still there, but it sounded as if he was attempting to suppress it with his regular timid and respectful tone.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Hanarei Hanarei
ELIZABETH ROCKWELL
Fort Black - Dungeon

"What do you want?" Elizabeth snapped. Her arms were still crossed and she tried her best to make herself look mad but it came across as cute. Another stupid flaw. Elizabeth doubted that the spell Pandora was talking about would work because her brother somehow used a different method. Plus, Pandora was mischievous but not evil. She didn't really want to make any deals with the Paladin girl but it would make things easier in terms of her giving blood. The only problem she would have is what would Azazel would say. He can't say anything, he's a freaking demon. "If it's something stupid Pandora, I swear I will punch in the face." Elizabeth was going to continue talking but her hair got in her mouth and she had to get it out.

(I'm sorry it's so short, not much else I could say). CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

MALCOM MOORE
Fort Black - Lobby

"I agree with him. The first one is the most promising. Even so, I think we WI still need to take care if that dragon eventually" Malcom said, stepping our from his corner. He did not plan on going on a mission today or even going outside but he realized he could vent his anger through criminals such as this Necromancer. Plus, this mission sounded similar to the last one and Malcolm needed to redeem himself. Really though, he was just happy that Pandora wasn't coming so he could show that he wasn't dead weight. Another thing was the strange man with the mask from the last mission. Malcolm decided to stay quiet until he could gather more information but then again that was probably the last time he would ever see him again. No matter how hard he tried though, he couldn't get his voice out of his head so Malcolm decided to keep him in the back of his thoughts. He wondered if he should have brought him to the Guild and show Azazel. No... he looked strong enough to evade me. After standing there for a while, Malcolm nodded his head as confirmation.

"When do we leave?"

Wilted Wilted Hanarei Hanarei Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Shade seemed to want the Necromancer, and Malcolm showed up out of nowhere to ask for the necromancer as well. "Can do. Necromancer it is. If everyone's geared up, we'll leave now. No point in wasting time. If not, we have an hour to prepare." She kept the dragon post with her though, in case this mission was insanely easy. They'd just drop the necromancer off at the nearest anti-magic jail and move on.
"Grace, dear. Can you go get my bag? It has my food and potions in it." Grace nodded and took off.
"I'm ready otherwise, so if you guys need to prepare, go ahead. I'll be posting the billboard in the meantime. Dismissed." She started posting the billboard up with all the missions

Side Mission Parameters
Description: A necromancer has killed some poor innocents and turned them into zombies. The victims are all females that are currently pregnant, which may be a coincidence or may speak to his motives. All that's known is that the necromancer is a male and that murders have taken place in 3 cities
Difficulty: 3/5- Normal
Mission: Find the Necromancer and bring him in
Optional: Bring him in alive
Optional: Purify the victims
Optional: Confiscate his Magic Books

Artoria Adamant

Artoria nodded at James, "I'll be sure not to drain your shield then." Artoria spoke, chuckling. She put her hand on her sword's grip and held it there, looking at the group. Everyone was optimistic, knowing they'd make it. The woman felt her sword resonating as it absorbed the magical potential of everyone's emotions. More mana to nom on for her magical attacks. She smiled and felt a surge of good vibes coming from her sword, "I'm ready." Artoria stated.

Swire Swire IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Kylesar1 Kylesar1 CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

ELIZABETH ROCKWELL
Fort Black - Dungeon

Pandora Ambrose

Why is it that everything this girl does appears childish to Pandora? It wasn't a bad thing, it was a little bit cute, just a little. Ahem, anyway, this was going easier than she thought. She was expecting more refusals and denials and she didn't even try to resist. She was pretty obedient actually, other than the threat she put at the end. So cute, the way she tried to look tough. Anyway, other than that it went pretty smoothly.

"You're pretty obedient huh." She said to the girl, kneeling so that she's eye level with her. She wanted to pat her head, but she felt that it would be counter productive. "It's very easy really. Just keep an eye out for that demon nephew. That, what was his name again, Dave, Daniel, or something with a D since he's a demon? He'll be too wary around me, but he should be fine around you. Just you know, don't get caught. You're a bad liar, so don't get caught." She said, the name pf the demon nephew not really registering into her mind. "So is it a yes or no? Be quick since I have somewhere else to go to."

NUSKI NUSKI

Necromancer
???

In his chambers was the Necromancer. "Gah! Damn it!" It failed again. Fuck. He'd have to go out again. But the cities he struck were on high alert. The pregnant women were frightened of his very existence. Things were getting harder and harder every time he failed. "I wasn't expecting ease, but I wasn't expecting it to be this hard." What to do? What to do? He couldn't uproot. Not again. This was like a thief who kept robbing the same few banks. Soon his luck would run out as they'd be prepared for him one day. He wanted to complete the task before then. Should he go out? Mourningwood? Brightwall? Aurora?

Lucina almost fell as Artoria came out of absolutely nowhere. She had to float on air to keep from hitting the ground. She laughed at her almost complete fail. "Oh Artoria. You're coming with us too? Were you listening in on the mission parameters?" She'd have seen Artoria coming had Grace actually been looking out. But she was reading some book. Obviously it was an Owl Book

Owls are unmistakable birds, and that goes double for a long-legged owl that hunts on the ground during the day. Burrowing Owls are small, sandy colored owls with bright-yellow eyes. They live underground in burrows they’ve dug themselves or taken over from a prairie dog, ground squirrel, or tortoise. They live in grasslands, deserts, and other open habitats, where they hunt mainly insects and rodents. Their numbers have declined sharply with human alteration of their habitat and the decline of prairie dogs and ground squirrels.

New Spell Added: Burrow
Element: Earth
Inspired by Burrowing Owls, she burrows underground, whether to avoid damage or attack. She can come out at will. She can strike from underground, pull others under, and whatever else
(( Not talking to you accidentally tagged you))

Iris Galvor

Iris made sure everyone stay close together and they walked through the endless amounts of hallways. She did however know which way to go and with the hallways practically empty, other than a small amount of resistance, they simply walked further and further through the labyrinth. The hallways seemed to be slanted and there we many stairs that went deeper into the ground. Eventually they made it to the vault. The area around the vault had 3 hallways. The door to the vault had been completely destroyed, most likely due to the countless people raiding this place. Inside the vault was a massive open area that used to be filled to the brim with riches, now all that was left were whatever people didn't want. It would seem that the artifact wasn't here, but as James would no doubt notice, not all was as it seemed. Iris walked to the center of the room, stepping on a tile in exact middle. She pulled out a piece of paper and said
"Ivent Orno Deven Tasa Con"
After several moments the tile moved and revealed the door to the real vault. It was a very small vault, only about the size of a vault you would hide behind a picture. The artifact was no doubt inside. But before Iris had a chance to say anything a female voice could be heard everywhere. "Detecting thread to vault. Analyzing thread....level severe. Issuing warning, Do not attempt to break the vaults seal or you will be met with force."
After the women's voice stopped, there was a silence. Iris hadn't been expecting that at all.....
"What was that?" Iris said wondering what in the world was happening. There shouldn't be anything left. How annoying, apparently some kind of defense system was left behind. Looks like she would need the help after all.
Alteras Alteras Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel IamNotLoki IamNotLoki

James
Vault

"It seems we have triggered an ancient defense mechanism..." James stated the obvious. He scanned the area with hi hands and then he aimed them at the floor below them. "The living, magical organism seems to be approaching... oh dear! Let me describe it for you... it is rectangular and seems to be spinning like a top!" James hands glew. "I sense more golems approaching our location... please be on guard!"

Artoria Adamant

As soon as they walked in, Artoria looked around. It was...cold and creepy in there. As they arrived at a three-way crossway, she looked at Iris. However, she was already up to something. As the threatening female voice spoke, Artoria instinctively unsheathed her sword and held it forward in a defensive stance. The woman turned her gaze to James and nodded at him, while two menacing Golems entered the room, approaching the group. Artoria charged at them, jumping onto the golem's head and stabbing her sword right through it. As soon as she extracted the sword, she cut off the head of the second one, jumping back with the group, "More incoming!" Artoria exclaimed, pointing at the eastern hallway, in which there were four golems quickly approaching.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Swire Swire

Iclyn Hajnal Holmström
Northern Arc's Focus

"Iris! Break into the vault now! We'll defend you." Iclyn raised her Blade of Ice before her and out stretched her free hand backwards. Several runes appeared around her and her blade. Her blade was covered in Icy Flames as she prepared for combat. More runes appeared as she swung her blade across. 20 medium-sized ice spikes formed from the runes and shot forth into the eastern hallway, with the majority of it destroy the first two golems and stuck into the third, slowing it down. "So, how do we want to do this? Hold from here?"
Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Swire Swire IamNotLoki IamNotLoki

Iris Galvor

Iris formed her mana into her hands and began to use solid immunity. A mana stream from her body to the vault spell was formed and began picking away that the spell.
Spell: Solid Immunity has been minorly changed to better fit it's intended uses. Check CS for more.
"No, don't worry about inside the vault. It seems to be made of a different material. I doubt the golems will be created here. Push about and defend from the 3 different hallways. Don't let them overwhelm you inside the vault" Iris said moving her focus back to the vault. "I sadly can't help you much while im doing this."
(This should be a lane type defense, someone take left, right, and middle.)
System
"Chance of of your success is below 1%. Give up now." As this was said 3 golems came out of the walls from each hallway.((9 total)) And began heading toward the vault.
Alteras Alteras IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

James
NAF-Vault

A golem was about to attack Iclyn from behind but a golemn covered in green light intercepted the attack. The green golem pushed the other golem back away from the girls.

"Hhmmm... it seems defeating the golems allow me to crack their magical firewall and defect them over to our side... the more you defeat, the more I will be able to switch over to fight for us..." James explained as he pointed his palm at the other defeated golem. "All I really need to do is to find the code that makes us appear as intruders and have them treat us as defense objectives..." James explained as the green golem rose up and got in the way of the blue golems.

"I will not be able to cast any big spells while I am overriding golem coding so if you want to keep switching golems to our side, you will have to... unfortunately... protect me," James said holding out his glowing green, tentacled hands.

Reina_StehlengarBanner.jpg

She looked to Luci as she seemed to take her nickname in a strange way, noticing her giggling. She was oblivious to whys he might be laughing though listening to her words she smiled back giving a light nod. She wasn't the type to really take any offense to criticism of her nicknames, even she realized how patchwork they could truly be. It didn't help she tended to forget most of the nicknames she gave people unless she managed to come up with the rare nickname that managed to stick. Even when she found the perfect nickname she would often toss out a random name from time to time being he playful type of person she was.

Reina looked on to the others, nodding a bit hearing their input. She was taken a bit by surprise as suddenly Malcom slipped his way into the group, the girl smiling brightly as she waved excited not expecting to see someone randomly pop into the conversation though not minding in the least bit about it. She was more then happy to have more join in for the mission. She had some interest in Malcom herself from her earlier 'observing' of him, seeing someone with a somewhat vaguely similiar fighting style... even if her way of doing was far from the most elegant in its style and more pieced together with her abilities.

"Alright team! We are going to kick some butt! Wait... zombies have butts right? Yep kick some butt!" She spoke with an upbeat tone grinning widely after they were dismissed by Luci to prepare. She was quite excited to be doing a mission, hoping she might get to have some fun this time. The blonde giggled a bit almost childlike in her delight thinking about going on such a mission. She would get to see a bit more of what Malcom could do, not to mention what the others were capable of. She had missed a lot of the action attacking the cult barging ahead of everyone.

Wilted Wilted Kylesar1 Kylesar1 NUSKI NUSKI

ELIZABETH ROCKWELL
Fort Black - Dungeons

Elizabeth nodded with satisfaction, her eyes wide. When Pandora got to her level Elizabeth got nervous again and she didn't like it. She usually was cold and/or distant towards others but Pandora made her open up even if it were just a little bit. She knew who Pandora was speaking of, the nephew of the Guild Master. She was pretty sure his name was Damien and Azazel was somewhat protective of him. She would have to ask Malcolm how capable he was in battle since he went on the mission with him. She had seen him before and he didn't look like Azazel. He seemed to be half-demon instead of taking on the scarier appearance that the Guild Master had. After biting her lip for a bit, Elizabeth nodded in again and pushed her mess of hair back so her face was fully visible.

"Easy enough. I will come to you if I see anything unusual. Now... my part of the deal" Elizabeth said, pausing to create a mischievous smile. "My part of the deal requires your blood. No backing out now!" Elizabeth pulled out small half-empty vial (four inches in length, 1 inch in width)from under her belt and handed it to Pandora after removing the lid. It smelled foul and looked even worse. The ingredients already contained in it was the blood she got from the other guild member and some mud that had to be soaked in ale for two days. It all mixed together to create a burgundy color which brown chunks in it. Elizabeth also handed her short sword so it would be easier to cut. "The vial needs to be full. Thank you!"

Pandora Ambrose
Location: Fort Black Dungeons -> Forests North of Fort Black​

Pandora once again smiled at the girl, this time surprisingly affectionate. She loves it when things go according to plan. "That's a good girl. I knew that I could trust you." She said, patting the girl's head affectionately. Now that the deal was sealed, sh felt like she could do that an get away with it.

Pandora received the blade, and without a moment's hesitation, sliced open her palms. She watched as the blood slowly fills up th vial. She used the spell Holy Light on herself after the vial was full which caused the wound on her palm to close. "There, all done." She said, not wven asking the girl why she would need her blood. It wasn't part of the deal and it might cause the girl to react negatively which could jeopardized their deal. "Now, I have somewhere to be. Good bye for now."

Pandora left the dungeons and headed towards the forest where she was supposed to meet the guild master. She saw him in a clearing, seemingly meditating as animals flocked towards him. "What are you, a princess?" She asked as she approached him. "I'm here so let get's this over with so I could go." She said as she sat across the guild master.

NUSKI NUSKI Birdsie Birdsie

Azazel Rofocale
Forests North of Fort Black

"That term is inadequate. I am a hellish overlord. Well, used to be," he replied, knowing that what she said was meant to be a brash form of insult for him being pampered, a joke that he saw no reason for the usage of at the moment. "Ah, what a beautiful word. 'Go,' she says. And where would you go?" he looked at Pandora. It was more of a philosophical question than one that applied to real physics. After a few moments, and perhaps a response from Pandora, Azazel would get up from his sitting position and stand up, then approach her. The butterflies and even several frogs would follow him in his tracks. "Whatever the case, today we will go, or rather; move onto a different subject. And that is: We will move from you to me. We will move onto me and follow me. More specifically: My history in this world. Tell me, Pandora, is it the fact that I was chosen by the Gods that makes you put such trust into me?" he asked her.

Azazel Rofocale

"That term is inadequate. I am a hellish overlord. Well, used to be," he replied, knowing that what she said was meant to be a brash form of insult for him being pampered, a joke that he saw no reason for the usage of at the moment. "Ah, what a beautiful word. 'Go,' she says. And where would you go?" he looked at Pandora. It was more of a philosophical question than one that applied to real physics. After a few moments, and perhaps a response from Pandora, Azazel would get up from his sitting position and stand up, then approach her. The butterflies and even several frogs would follow him in his tracks. "Whatever the case, today we will go, or rather; move onto a different subject. And that is: We will move from you to me. We will move onto me and follow me. More specifically: My history in this world. Tell me, Pandora, is it the fact that I was chosen by the Gods that makes you put such trust into me?" he asked her.

Pandora Ambrose

Forests North of Fort Black​

Oh gods, here he goes again, spouting mysterious bullshit and philosophical mumbo jumbo. Why does he need to speak like everything he says is a profound lesson or a life changing riddle? Why can't he just talk properly? Heck, Pandora would even prefer if he talks using only grunts, roars, and bellows like some demons do. Feels like they'd get to understand each other better that way.

"What makes you think I trust you? I follow your orders, but don't think for one second that I have put my trust and faith in you. Yes, the gods granting you their favor is part of it, but not the entire reason. I believe in the cause. Those in power are too cowardly to act and they use the chaos to exploit others, they use it to gain more power and riches. At least you're doing something." She said to him. Sure, sw may not appreciate the way he does things or the way he acts, but he is at the very least doing something.

"So what, is that your lesson? If not then just get on with it." She said, not liking that he kept making no sense.

Birdsie Birdsie

Azazel Rofocale

"Alright, then assume I left my stand as Guildmaster to pursue a life of indifferent hedonism, then you discovered that no divine favor had anything to do with me as an individual. If those conditions were fulfilled, I would be no different from a demon in your eyes, despite not trying to devour souls or spreading sin out of malice. Or perhaps you were exaggerating? How do I know?" Azazel looked at her with a piercing gaze. You could tell he was smiling under his helmet, despite not being able to see even a shimmer of his face. "Then tell me; assume you found my nephew in the wild and did not know of his identity as my family. Would you kill him just because he was born of a race that happens to descend of the infernal? Take into account what you might have done if he was a newborn abandoned for death. Would you quite have the heart to end his life in the name of your deities? Is that benevolence?" he asked her. His voice carried the expectation that she'd answer each and every single of these questions. Either out loud, or within her own mind.

"What makes me different in my eyes, rather than yours, is a miracle. But not a godly one. All beings, mortal, demonic, or otherwise, can perform miracles. But it was a personal miracle. For an instance: Let's return to the scenario where you find my nephew alone in a forest, much like this one. You would kill him because he is no different from a demon. But now, imagine that you actually decided to spare him for whatever reason. Isn't that a miracle? A Paladin sparing the life of a half-demon that they should kill? It seems like divine favor has graced said half-demon, yet it would be your, personal choice. Would it not? Or is it your own choice that makes it a miracle? And if so, was it even divine? Did the gods inspire you to do it, or did you inspire the gods to inspire you in turn?" he said.

"Do not fret. Take a minute to think about the answer: I insist you do that. Once you have it, the first stage of this lesson will be complete and we'll move on to the next," he said, sitting down on the ground. From the bushes, a single wolf approached Azazel. It was not aggressive, but utterly calm and docile. It strolled up to him and laid its head on his knees. There were at least 10 butterflies and several frogs surrounding Azazel as well, on top of a few small rodents. What attracted these creatures?

Azazel Rofocale

"Alright, then assume I left my stand as Guildmaster to pursue a life of indifferent hedonism, then you discovered that no divine favor had anything to do with me as an individual. If those conditions were fulfilled, I would be no different from a demon in your eyes, despite not trying to devour souls or spreading sin out of malice. Or perhaps you were exaggerating? How do I know?" Azazel looked at her with a piercing gaze. You could tell he was smiling under his helmet, despite not being able to see even a shimmer of his face. "Then tell me; assume you found my nephew in the wild and did not know of his identity as my family. Would you kill him just because he was born of a race that happens to descend of the infernal? Take into account what you might have done if he was a newborn abandoned for death. Would you quite have the heart to end his life in the name of your deities? Is that benevolence?" he asked her. His voice carried the expectation that she'd answer each and every single of these questions. Either out loud, or within her own mind.

"What makes me different in my eyes, rather than yours, is a miracle. But not a godly one. All beings, mortal, demonic, or otherwise, can perform miracles. But it was a personal miracle. For an instance: Let's return to the scenario where you find my nephew alone in a forest, much like this one. You would kill him because he is no different from a demon. But now, imagine that you actually decided to spare him for whatever reason. Isn't that a miracle? A Paladin sparing the life of a half-demon that they should kill? It seems like divine favor has graced said half-demon, yet it would be your, personal choice. Would it not? Or is it your own choice that makes it a miracle? And if so, was it even divine? Did the gods inspire you to do it, or did you inspire the gods to inspire you in turn?" he said.

"Do not fret. Take a minute to think about the answer: I insist you do that. Once you have it, the first stage of this lesson will be complete and we'll move on to the next," he said, sitting down on the ground. From the bushes, a single wolf approached Azazel. It was not aggressive, but utterly calm and docile. It strolled up to him and laid its head on his knees. There were at least 10 butterflies and several frogs surrounding Azazel as well, on top of a few small rodents. What attracted these creatures?

Pandora Ambrose

"Then I'd hunt you down and kill you." She said with no hesitation. This would be over faster if she just cooperated, though she saw no reason to lie while just to appease the guild master. "I can't leave a potential threat lying around just because it's not hurting anyone. Someone would eventually find you which would lead to chaos and panic, it's much better and more efficient to jus kill you when you're not a threat yet. We're still talking hypothetically in case you're confused."

"Of course I'll raise that kid and become a kind and gentle mother who will raise the kid with all tue love and care that he deserves. Were you expecting me to say that? Well sorry to disappoint you, but my answer stays the same. I'll kill him, the leadt I could do it to end his suffering." She said, clenching fist as she answered.

"I'll kill children and women if I have to, and I had. Look, I am not a good person. I've long since given up on being one. The very least I could do is to ensure that no one else has to dirty teir hands, that no one else need to do the things that I had to do. That someday everything will be good and nice, and if I have to purge this world to do that then I will. Believe me, I will."

She was trembling as she answered the guild master. That was the only answers she could give because that is the only thing she knew. "If they have the luxury to spare demons and turn them good then that's their problem. I can't afford such luxuries, not me. I am a tool to cleanse, a weapon to purge, I see myself as nothing more. And when those demons turn on them, then I'll be there, doing my job. Does that answer your questions? Did I pass your test?" She asked him, her eyes boring into his helmet. "And would you please get rid of these animals? I have half a mind to just blow them away with my hammer."

Birdsie Birdsie

Lucina Waesmor
Leaving Fort Black

Lucina started out the door with her crew following her. "Alright, we need to find this guy. First stop is where the most recent murder has happened. That is Brightwall." There would be a little bit of detective work before finding this guy as they had no idea where, who he actually was, or what he looked like.

The air was clear, so the journey wouldn't be too long or bog them down at all. Lucina strapped on a horse and started riding out, hoping this mission would be fun and that they can put this idiot behind bars. She was, however, secretly hoping that he put up heavy resistance so they can just kill him and let his threat level dissipate. Parameters were parameters though, so she had to try and follow them. "I think it'll be best if we try to keep our profiles low until we have an idea of his general area. We don't want him to go into hiding if he's out trying to choose his next victim." That meant no familiar displays of power. This went for Lucina most of all, since no one else she's ever seen used owls as her mage art.

Hanarei Hanarei
Wilted Wilted
NUSKI NUSKI

Azazel Rofocale

"All there is to it? So you'd kill someone for having demonic blood alone? Would you trust someone because they are an angel? Well, those two questions are more or less irrelevant right now. It is the time we begin," he said. Azazel reached into his robe and took out a small, golden bell that could easily fit in one hand. It had engravings on itself and a blockade that didn't let it ring. Then he took out a small, golden coin with a pentagram-shaped symbol on it, and lastly, he took out two medallions. He threw one to Pandora. It was made out of carefully-polished silver chain at the end of which there was a blue sapphire which glowed faintly with magic. "Put it on, and let me know once you're ready. We won't be coming back here in a while," he said, then stood up, taking the bell and coin in his left hand. Azazel pulled the medallion over his neck, waiting for Pandora to do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back