• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Guild of Heroes: Song of Champions

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
[div class=fyuriwrapper][div class=img]
ALaU2Nd.png
[/div][div class=flex][div class=text][div class=header]Veth[/div]
[div class=tags]Location: Feywild | Interaction: Holo-Cyrus/Oohgie the Troll/King Oberon ( Birdsie Birdsie ) | Nearby/Mentioned[/div]
Veth found it curious that Oberon would have spies on the material plane, but she expressed and said nothing that displayed this. Though, perhaps she should say something as Cyrus said he appreciated honesty. She might not be able to truly express with her facial features, but she could use her words. "This one finds your interest in the material plane as a sign that perhaps there is some minor concern for your realm as well."

The next moment they were seated within a great dining hall, with Oohgie asking where they had be sent. This display of power meant that perhaps Oberon could place whoever, wherever within the realm if he so desired. Oberon instructed them to make themselves 'at home.' Something Veth wasn't sure she'd be really able to do. He also didn't dance around the subject of her visit; the need for his assistance against Turenval and his legion.

"Yes, this is why this one has come, to seek your aid in this matter. As much as you believe you shall be unaffected, this one doubts that should the enemy win and Gaia falls, that the planes of existence are safe from his campaign. In short, this one believes it might only be a matter of time before he would change his focus. This one believes one such as he does not like to sit and wait idly when there is more that Gaia."

She paused as servants brought forth silver pitchers and set them down before them along with two silver cups. Oberon made it clear he wouldn't assist for free, either she'd have to find a payment worth his help or accept his bet. Cyrus was going to have some harsh words for her after this as she was considering the options. She knew she would never be able to out drink him herself, she had a very weak tolerance for alcohol which had caused a very awkward moment with Ki'Tavi the last time she rose to such a challenge.

She needed to think like a trickster. She re-played his bet in her mind, 'Drink more than me and I'll help you at no price.' He was surprisingly vague in that statement. "Very well," she finally said before reaching over for all the pitchers that had been brought for this wager. She handed them over to Oohgie, "Oohgie, could you drink all of this?" She took one pitcher and poured out a single serving into the cup before herself just as Oohgie began to chug the liquid content within the pitchers with glee.

He managed to down all of the pitchers, leaving only Veth's single glass. She raised it to her lips and drank it down. She would be drunk after this without a doubt, but she had won. Her cheeks slowly flushed as the alcohol worked it's way through her body, and letting out a small hiccup.

"This one has had more to drink that you," she said with a bit of pride in her voice..[/div][/div][/div]

[class=fyuriwrapper] display: flex; flex-direction: row; Flex-flow: row wrap; Justify-content: stretch; max-width:1000px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; padding:15px 0px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=img] width:150px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=flex] flex:1; min-width:300px; [/class] [class=header] font-family:'Berkshire Swash'; font-size:50px; margin:-10px 0 -30px 0; [/class] [class=tags] display:inline-block; font-size:12px; margin-left: 50px; [/class] [class=text] padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:'Karla'; [/class]

Viska

Action: Talking with Bem
Interaction: Bem ( Noble Scion Noble Scion )

Viska looked at Bem slightly intrigued and confused, yet while she did this, she grew more and more into a coughing fit. She ignored the coughs as she was more interested in the Apiana, Bem was so fascinating.

"Your people exiled you? My tribe did the same thing to me! Except instead of failing something, I had something they didn't like at all. I have the ability to control Light Magic and Holy Magic, a combination us Kobolds hate, mostly because we're underground dwellers so Light is often viewed as evil in our culture. Though I've never had a problem with it unlike them. Why be ashamed? If you're people can't understand that mistakes happen then they don't deserve you! We are all people, we make mistakes and often we own up to them, it's what I did when my friends and family exiled me to the surface world."

Viska looked around, and gathered some trinkets that were lying about, roughly could be sold for some gold. She also found a wand, though she didn't really care for it, she knew it was magical at the least. Maybe she could sell it. She turned back to Bem.

"Magic isn't powered by Demons silly, it's made by this type of energy called Mana that fuels our spells. Though Spirits are mostly the people who can grant magical powers through a contract or something, and they aren't spirits, many are nice! Like Solas! He's my spirit and he helps me a lot!"

The two of them seemed to be reaching near the end of the dungeon, hopefully they reach the place where the artifact is being stored.

Holo-Cyrus / Oohgie / Oberon | Feywild, Oberon's Forest, Oberon's Castle | Fable Fable

Oberon watched Veth's order to Oohgie with a gleeful smirk, supporting his face with one closed fist. Then, he witnessed as she drank the one glass and he couldn't help but let out a prideless chuckle.

"This wit and trickery, amazing." Oberon clapped his hands with closed eyes, a single tear going down from his left eye as if he was touched by an artistic performance. He scrubbed it aside with his index finger.

Oberon leveled a friendly look at Veth, saying, "I have no choice but to admit my defeat. You will have my troops' full support in the war." He shrugged with an expectant grin.

Oberon gave off the unmistakable aura that he knew something like this would happen. He intended to lose and go with her plea from the beginning but wanted to have a little fun before that.

Holo-Cyrus appeared beside Veth and gave her a fatherly smile. "You did it, Veth," he stated, his voice brimming with pride.

"Cyrus, I'm amazed," he said, looking off at the holographic phantasm. "You taught her well. She is more than prepared for it. Should I give the rope to her now?"

"That would be much appreciated, King Oberon," Cyrus enthused. The holographic wizard shot a glance at Veth. "I've deposited an item here many years ago, one that belonged to an old friend. I'd like to give it to you now."

Oberon walked up to Veth with a box in his hands, then laid it on the table in front of her. Upon opening, Veth discovered a golden, tough rope inside. It felt like it was made out of metal.

"The draconium rope used to belong to Baragar. He was a comrade of mine, and used this rope in combat to bind opponents varying from humans to dragons," Cyrus reminisced with striking melancholy. His tone was quiet and somber; he was feeling nostalgia.

"With a bit of training and magic, the rope can adjust its length and width. It can become an instinctive tool, bound to the user, tying itself at their behest," he explained the item's abilities.

Holo-Cyrus sat on the table, his staff disappearing as he placed his hands on his right and left, on the table. "It is the duty of heroes to pass on our greatest means of defending the innocent to the next generation. I have agreed many years with Oberon that I'd return one day with someone worthy of inheriting this one, but we have something more for you."

Oohgie, not minding the conversation between the three, kept eating food from the table. "His gluttony knows no limits!" cried one of the servants, placing another tray with a chicken salad.

Oberon held out his hand to Veth. "Give me your hand," he asked.

Once Veth complied, Oberon closed his eyes. A stream of furling, resplendent, light green power opened between their hands. Veth would feel a pulse of dull numbness shoot through her entire arm and all the way to her head.

"It's done." Oberon stepped back.

"How are you feeling?" Cyrus, with his staff, appeared in front of Veth.

ALaU2Nd.png
[div class=tags]Location: Feywild | Interaction: Holo-Cyrus/Oohgie the Troll/King Oberon ( Birdsie Birdsie ) | Nearby/Mentioned [/div]
Veth couldn't tell if Oberon's words were one of sarcasm or honesty. Her lips formed a small pout as she tried to decipher his meaning, though when he announced he was going to offer his aid in the fight against Turenval, she grinned. Cyrus made a return appearance, stating that Veth had basically accomplished her mission he had sent her on. In her drunken stupor she almost missed what Oberon had said. 'Taught her well?' Was she being taught? Veth only remembered one lesson being that she needed to stop taking bets and she had completely ignored that advice thus far. Ugh, this was confusing!

The conversation changed direction again, with the two men talking about some rope. Oberon brought a box over and opened it to reveal a strange rope. Her fingers curiously slid along the weaved metal as she tried to understand how such a material could be used in this manner. She only caught snippets as Cyrus mentioned the original owner's name and what the rope was called.

Even in her drunken state she was still formal and polite with the presented gift, taking the box and closing the lid as right now it wasn't the best time to start flailing such an item around carelessly. When Cyrus spoke about passing on the means to defend the innocent and that he would return to Oberon with someone worthy, Veth's first question was, "Who?" She said this out loud as she was slightly lost on who he had considered worthy for a split moment and had spoken before thinking first.

When she gave Oberon her hand, she didn't know what she was supposed to wait for, at least until the light green glow appeared between their hands and a weird sensation spread through her from where they made physical contact. Her brows furrowed and she gave her head and experimental shake as the feeling went there. When Cyrus asked how she felt, she hiccuped once and pixie wings appeared from her back, "This one feels tingly."

Another hiccup and the wings vanished as if they were never really there. She blushed deeply in embarrassment now as she suddenly stood up, slightly uneasy on her feet and bowed to Oberon, "T-This one thanks you for aiding us, for your hospitality, and for your gifts. This one does not know what she has done to have earned such high regard, but thanks you still."

Veth hiccuped again and this time her hair changed to black, before another hiccup corrected and returned it to it's natural white color. "This one would like to rest, she's been traveling for a while now and drinking makes this one sleepy."[/div][/div][/div]

[class=fyuriwrapper] display: flex; flex-direction: row; Flex-flow: row wrap; Justify-content: stretch; max-width:1000px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; padding:15px 0px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=img] width:150px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=flex] flex:1; min-width:300px; [/class] [class=header] font-family:'Berkshire Swash'; font-size:50px; margin:-10px 0 -30px 0; [/class] [class=tags] display:inline-block; font-size:12px; margin-left: 50px; [/class] [class=text] padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:'Karla'; [/class]

Holo-Cyrus / Oohgie / Oberon | Feywild, Oberon's Forest, Oberon's Castle | Fable Fable

"Did she get drunk with one cup?" Oberon furrowed his brows with a tilted head as he asked Cyrus. The king scratched the back of his head.

With a troubled expression, the wizard affirmed Oberon's suspicions, "I think she did."

Oberon hollered for a servant. An eladrin maid approached and Oberon instructed her: "Please, show Veth here to a guest bedroom. And accommodate her friend."

The maid nodded, curtsied and signaled for Veth to follow her. Before leaving, the maid quickly exchanged words with the rest of the staff and informed them that the troll is to have all the food he wishes for.

The maid introduced herself as Remmu to Veth and took her through the castle's hallways and stairways until they reached a guest room. The maid asked if Veth would like anything else from her, before leaving her alone.

ALaU2Nd.png
[div class=tags]Location: Feywild | Interaction: Holo-Cyrus/Oohgie the Troll/King Oberon ( Birdsie Birdsie ) | Nearby/Mentioned[: Ki'Tavi Note ( One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost ) [/div]
Veth pursed her lips when Oberon asked if she was drunk, "This one is just slightly tipsy!" It was obviously not the truth, but Veth believed herself to not be so far gone to be called 'drunk.' She pouted openly with flushed cheeks and crossed her arms looking rather petulant. When the summoned maid asked her to follow her, Veth excused herself, taking the box containing the rope a bit clumsily. "Be nice to Oohgie," she said before stepping out of view.

She followed after Remmu silently, not paying much attention to where they were going, but rather just being fascinated by everything. When they reached the guest room, Veth didn't ask for anything else, mostly because she was really just a bit too tipsy and tired to think of what she needed. When the maid left and closed the door, Veth placed the box on the wooden table in the room. She opened it and closed the box a few times wondering if the rope was a trick gift and was going to do something weird.

Satisfied the rope was safe enough, she took off her weaponry and other items, setting them carefully aside. She opened the pouch looking for the small figurine but ended up pulling out that strange piece of paper from before. It said she needed to write something. So Veth got up, went to a small desk and pulled out a quill and ink and scribbled down a message.

"Do you have a name? Or do I just refer to you as Paper? How did you get into my bag and why? I must be more drunk than I thought, I'm writing a reply to a note..."[/div][/div][/div]

Ki'Tavi

Direct Interaction: Drui Fable Fable Ellis Birdsie Birdsie
Nearby: Bem Noble Scion Noble Scion Viska Archdemon Archdemon
"Maybe Cyrus knows who she is, but for now, how about Ki'Tavi grabs the artifact and we make a run for our lives. I can cast a few buffs and debuffs."

Kit nodded his head. It was the best option. Just run in, grab the artifact, and get out. "I wish I knew the layout of the room on the other side of that portal.." he murmured, but wishing would get them nowhere. "I'll go in first, so that way the Nightwalker will go for me first. Ellis, as soon as you can, lock it down with that scroll." he'd have to ask how the bard came across such an item later, but for now, that was not their biggest concern.

"Drui, I won't be able to give many commands while I'm going for the artifact, so I need you to make sure you have everyone out when that temporal stasis breaks. If something goes south and I can't get back in time. Leave me behind" He locked his gaze with hers. The simple fact was, they couldn't afford to lose everyone here trying to save one cat. When Ellis's spell ran out, they needed to get gone before the Nightwalker could start to attack. Of the group, only Kit would get any major distance away from the return portal. He'd be in the most danger.

Kit looked over those gathered, making sure they were ready before he stepped towards the portal. "Ellis. I'm counting on you. Just hold it for fifteen seconds...." he glanced over his shoulder at the bard as a vector arrow appeared in front of Kit pointing straight for the portal. His tail swished behind him as he took a breath. "Everyone ready?" He waited long enough for them to confirm before he crouched low. "Then let's go!" His eyes narrowed as he hit the Vector, shooting into the portal and into the unknown.

It was a huge, octagonal room, sparsely decorated with immensely tall, vaulted ceilings... That was a plus. It was incredibly easy to spot the artifact, as it was the only thing in the room. Well, besides the 20+foot tall Nightwalker...

A Cheshire Cat's grin spread over Kit's lips. "Come on then..." He hissed under his breath. There was a poof of smoke and suddenly there were Nine Kits, each launching themselves on a series of vector arrows that bobbed, weaved, rose and fell on numerous courses straight towards the artifact. He didn't dare stop to look and see if Ellis had set the Stasis field. Getting to the artifact would be the easy part, as fast as he was going.

The trick would be getting back if the Nightwalker wasn't adequately contained.

[div class=EmilyFlex] [div class=EmilyImage][div class=EmilyImageInside][/div] [div class=EmilyTitle]Emily Chevalier[/div] [div class=EmilyMentions] Character Sheet

Interactions:
Croissant Croissant [/div][/div] [div class=EmilyContent]Emily's eyes flashed a brief look of surprise before returning to a battle ready state. "Dance of the Fairies!" She casted flight magic while evading the sword. Pushing herself into the air, she could see Juniper running in her direction winding up her arm. Usually tossing your weapon as a distraction is a last move thing... What terrifying strength...

After seeing her absurd strength, Emily decided to float higher into the air to try and avoid a predicted jump range. Putting her hands together, palms facing toward Juniper, she yelled, "Hail of the Ice King!"

A magic circle formed and hundreds of icicles flew out toward Juniper. [/div][/div] [class=EmilyFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=EmilyImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; background-image: url('https://orig00.deviantart.net/f69c/f/2013/081/9/3/da_brocade_custom_box_background_by_gasara-d5ag4ls.gif'); background-color: rgb(218, 212, 218); background-blend-mode: multiply; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=EmilyImageInside] position: absolute; top:0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/3822838135964a2c83e4ec0027-1499767526_waifu2x_art_noise3_tta_1-png.36357/full'); background-size: 120%; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center 0%; [/class] [class=EmilyTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 0; height: auto; width: 100%; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; font-size: 45px; font-family: 'Cormorant Upright'; color: #e73359; background-color: rgba(218, 212, 218, .5); [/class] [class=EmilyMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Philosopher'; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=EmilyMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=EmilyContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Philosopher'; [/class]

Ellis | Dungeon | Fable Fable One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Noble Scion Noble Scion Archdemon Archdemon
(Author's Note: Blame the RNG for what happened in the post below.)

They entered the room and Kit instantly located the pendant with a dark violet gem, hovering above a pedestal in the center.

latest
The Nightwalker was a huge creature of appearance appropriate to its name. It had a black, slick body that looked as if oiled. It had a top-heavy appearance and long arms and two glowing blue eyes. The average human would reach up maybe a little bit above its knee.

The creature looked calm as they came in. It didn't growl, just stood there and stared at them, until Kit split into several copies. Seemingly confused and aggravated, it let out an inhuman roar and ran forward at speed that one wouldn't expect of its hulking posture.

It cut down one of the Kits, as Ellis took out the stasis scroll and read its incantation. The length of paper in his hand glowed, then turned to ash. Ellis held a ball of coded light in its stead then catapulted it at the Nightwalker, who froze in place, the ball of light spreading to create a forcefield around him.

One...

"Grab it, now!" Ellis cried.

"Not so fast," Jaeyna announced. "None of you are going anywhere."

Four...

Ellis turned around. The first death knight stood there with a small contingent of necromancers; most of her wounds have disappeared, as one of the necromancers was casting spells on her even now. Despite that, the front of her armor was still missing and all she had was a makeshift adamantine chainmail she must've taken from someone else.

There were more of them outside, one didn't have to be a strategical genius to tell that fact.

"Give us the artifact, or I will destroy this portal. I can escape from here without it, but can you? Your seals won't work in this dungeon because of the barrier."

The Nightwalker stood there, silently, frozen in time. Ellis could feel the spell was at 55% of its strength; the shadow weave essence the monster was made from was slowly corroding the magic surrounding it.

Eight...

"Damn it." Ellis ran up to the Nightwalker and laid his hands on its shin, then loaded the temporal field with more energy, renewing it with a silver glow. It gave them half a minute, maybe more if he completely exerted himself. A minute tops, but that was a wishful number.

Ten...

goh_royalbanner.png

Aurelia Granne Salmira-Albichyr
Interactions: Avaline ( Alteras Alteras )

Aurelia knew of Fairfax culture, but the gamble was necessary. Time isn't exactly quite abundant these days, more so the morale of the people. With the King's unexpected incompetence, and the various agendas of the different noble houses suddenly springing into the spotlight, things around Albion hadn't really been the same.

The words that came from Avaline's mouth was expected. The north had not been given much aid the past few days. The aftermath of Xhorhas was more than enough to spread despair throughout the lands, and resources have started to go down, especially with the other nations closing any form of relation with Albion. It would make sense that the cities would flock onto the most capable one - which now appears to be Fairfax, united under Avaline's cold, iron fist.

The question posed to Aurelia was not unexpected, but it did take her by surprise. She took a deep breath, and paused for a few seconds.

And finally, she stared straight into Avaline's eyes, as if she was peering directly to her soul. To the very base of each mortal.

"My allegiance is to Albion, Lady Avaline.", Aurelia raised her hand for a second. "I serve not the King, nor the nobles. I serve my land."

She placed her hands unto the table, which slowly clenched into fists as more words came out of her mouth. "The king has fallen into despair. He awaits the day of reckoning, and guises it as 'waiting for the heroes' triumph'. The people blindly follow such ignorance, putting faith in which there is no action.", she continued. "The Guild of Heroes, though not in our control, is our front line against this threat. We must fortify their forces. Only then can we even conceive the idea of a chance for a bright future."

Aurelia took yet another deep breath.

"Now, Lady Avaline, I know you seek independence. That you despise being beneath someone.", she said. "But if doing such would bring your city to where it must be, will you do it? Will you endure the pain, the shame, the suffering? All for the sake of your people?

Aurelia's brows furrowed slightly.

"Because I will, without hesitation."

Hermione Puckett
Hermione groaned as she came round. The last thing that happened from what she could remember was being punched. And she now appeared to be in a dungeon of some kind. The Saytress sat up, her head pounding. “Ow…” she grumbled as she leaned against the wall, her tail swishing back and forth between her legs.

Wow… steal a bag of coins- didn't even get them…” she grumbled as she felt around and… found her wineskin? Well, it could be a lot worse. Drinking out of it and scratching at one of her legs, she looked around the area. She had been in jails before but this was different. Though while this was different, she still had the flies that wouldn't leave her alone buzz around her. So... what now? Maybe she could seduce one of them into letting her go? It had worked before.​
Reinhardt Reinhardt

f8XgmlT.png
[/div][div class=flex][div class=text][div class=header]Drui[/div]
[div class=tags]Location: Dungeon | Interaction: Ellis ( Birdsie Birdsie ) Ki'Tavi ( One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost ) | Nearby/Mentioned: [/div]
Drui listened to Ki'Tavi as she took the scroll from Ellis and put a minor debuff of slow on it. Hopefully it would last, but she'd never attempted this before and it might have it's timer end at the same time as the scroll itself. She would still try this though since it could always work. Once she was done, she handed it back to Ellis with a smile. She didn't reply to Ki'Tavi telling her to leave without him if it came down to that, she just gave a simple nod. She wasn't angry enough at him over what he did to Ellis to wish death upon him, but they needed to protect this artifact from Turenval, whatever the cost might be.

When they were all ready, Ki'Tavi shot himself through the portal to engage the beast within, Ellis and Drui followed after. Drui waited until Ellis had frozen the creature before summoning up instruments to provide buffs to her party; a holy ward and a speed increase. Things were going as planned, until Jaeyna showed up with an entourage. How has she managed to get back so quickly?!

Drui kept playing, pumping more power into the holy ward as the Death Knight threatened them for the artifact. She didn't believe a word of this woman, let them go? HA! Once she had the artifact she'd leave them for dead. She saw Ellis run to the Nightwalker and try to hold it longer and then Drui grinned deviously, "Darling! Ellis, darling, let the little beastie go." She then gave Ki'Tavi a small wink, hoping he would catch onto the plan.

Ki'Tavi could launch the very pissed off Nightwalker at the Death Knight. It might keep the two busy just long enough for them to grab the artifact and get out of the portal. Her plan wasn't completely fleshed out, right now it was 'send the big bad to fight the other big bad and get the hell out.' The problem was after the Nightwalker and Death Knight started fighting, how long would they stay engaged with each other?

Drui needed to do something else, something that would really make sure the beastie kept the bad guys busy. She smirked and summoned a flute, playing a very special song. The artifact appeared to move away from the pedestal and flew at Jaeyna, but hovered just out of reach. She wasn't the best with illusion magic, but making a small item vanish and a fake one take it's place was minor enough that it might just work.

"Better grab it fast," she laughed out..[/div][/div][/div]

Last edited:
aa2.jpg

Garheil
Interactions: Hermione ( Rumble Fish Rumble Fish )

Ever since the incident at Xhorhas, Garheil has never been the same. After knowing the truth of her idolized Mikhel's untimely demise, and the destruction of her hometown, the once cheerful lass was replaced by a rather gloomy girl, who seems to grow worse every passing day.

The guild had taken care of her at the request of the late paladin general, but nothing has progressed with regards to her so far - she isn't an official member of the guild, nor is she doing anything to help out. She simply stays in her assigned room for most of the day, eats very little, and in rare cases, walks around aimlessly.

This time, she finds herself in the lighter levels of the guild's dungeon - rumored to have housed dangerous beasts and beings, which lie further into its depths. As Garheil walked around aimlessly, her eyes looking into nowhere, and her presence of mind clearly absent - she accidentally bumps onto an occupied cell, said to be housing a recently-captured thief.

A ringing noise sprouted as the steel of her light armor clashed with the metal bars - which would be enough to alert anyone within the vicinity.

Hermione finished drinking from the wine ski, letting out a loud belch afterwards. As she sank back against the wall, she was almost asleep when the sound of the door opening made her velvety goat ears suddenly flick up. She looked to the door and noticed that someone had walked in.

Hermy struggled to her cloven hooves, making a loud clopping sound on the stone. Just as she got up, the person who walked in hit the bars of her cell, causing a loud ringing noise. It rattled through Hermione's hungover and drunk head, making the Satyr groan and hold her ears.

"Ow-ow! Ok before you kill me or behead me or whatever... I'm obliged to a final meal. And I want that meal to be... two barrels of ale and a boar roast." She said in a slurred tone as she leaned against the wall of the cell, "or you could just kill me now, either would work." Reinhardt Reinhardt

june.jpg

Juniper
Mentions: Alteras Alteras : Emily

Juniper's plan was overcome by magic, but she still had the chance to close in a deal a decisive blow, as she saw Emily fly to the ceiling and once she noticed icicles coming her way she raised her arm to protect herself. The arm expanded and became a sort of greatshield and protected June, some of the icicles shattered while others made a loud "thud" sound as they stabbed into the cursed arm. The arm quickly regenerated pushing the icicles out, while this happened you could feel the presence on mana intensifying around her, June's leg muscles expanded as her core pumped more mana into her legs. She then propelled herself with a terrifying amount of force, expanding her arm in front of her as long as she can while blocking possible projectiles, it's not guaranteed she'll be able to grab emily however.

She closes in but she's a hair short and begins to fall back to the ground, she lands face first, unable to control her landing and rolls all the way to the opposite end of the hall where her blade is.​

Ki'Tavi

Direct Interaction: Drui Fable Fable Ellis Birdsie Birdsie
Nearby: Bem Noble Scion Noble Scion Viska Archdemon Archdemon
Ki'Tavi, in his rush for the artifact, wasn't looking back to see Drui wink, but his ears heard Jaeyna's arrival, and he was able to gather the plan based on her telling Ellis to let the beast go. He hit a vector arrow, angling it so that he launched through the air so he could turn, focusing on the Nightwalker as a huge vector arrow appeared under it. The instant it was triggered, the Nightwalker was launched away from Ellis and right at the Death Knight.

He finished his midair rotation, hitting the ground rolling as he used one last vector arrow to reach the pedestal. He was smart enough to know Drui hadn't dangled the real thing in front of Jaeyna. He reached the pedestal, grasping the artifact in his hands before pushing it into his pocket dimension. He'd asked for fifteen seconds. Had he not been forced to address Jaeyna, he'd have made it in maybe five seconds at most, even with dodging around the Nightwalker. Now, though he had only a short time before either Jaeyna or the Nightwalker would win and focus on him, so he didn't have time for any fancy moving. They needed to get gone now.

A line of vector arrows appeared heading towards the group. He hit the first one and his body became little more than a blur as he ramped himself up. Without the need to change direction and dodge, he could just make a straight shot for the exit. He just needed to hope that Jaeyna entertained the Nightwalker long enough for him to reach the portal...

Jaeyna / Nightwalker / Ellis | Dungeon | Fable Fable One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Noble Scion Noble Scion Archdemon Archdemon

Ellis released the Nightwalker then leaped to the side, landing on his chest. He looked back and saw death.

The Nightwalker blasted off. Jaeyna barely reacted by raising her arms to defend herself from any slam or strike the creature would deliver. Instead, the Nightwalker bent down and sunk his bloodthirsty teeth into her hands.

The Death Knight screamed as the Nightwalker whipped his head around like a rabid dog. He hunkered down and pushed her torso to the ground with his hands, pulling at her arms with his teeth. Finally, after two or three seconds of ear-piercing and ringing metal and bone-cracking, her bones gave in and she was missing her upper limbs.

The Nightwalker spat them out, killing a necromancer with the two jury-rigged projectiles. He proceeded to smash his massive arms into Jaeyna, cracking the floor. Another smash, and the entire chamber's floor collapsed.

As the ground cracked under their feet and became rubble, everyone fell down about twelve meters to the floor below. Three of the necromancers died from the concussions to their heads, while the others were so hurt they couldn't stand up.

Ellis came out of the fall with only minor bruises on his chest and a few lacerations on his face. He noticed that he landed on something very soft, and realized he was on top of Drui when he opened his terrified eyes.

Only the Nightwalker, out of everyone, seemed unimpeded by the fall at all. It gently landed on its feet and continued smashing into Jaeyna, until it sensed a weak spot.

"Y-You..." Jaeyna barked. The amount of force that went through her body dazed even her.

The creature of darkness raised both of its hands and drilled into her unprotected torso, impaling her with his claws. It raised her high into the air, then ripped her in twain, causing a massive rain of gore, entrails, and blood to shower everyone in the room like grim confetti. It released a victorious roar after destroying its opponent, seemingly satisfied despite its lack of higher sapience.

It moved forward to the nearest necromancer. He begged: "NO-NO-NO-NOO-BYAAA--" It ripped his head off and crushed it like a grape, then moved onto its next victim.

f8XgmlT.png
[div class=tags]Location: Dungeon | Interaction: Ellis ( Birdsie Birdsie ) Ki'Tavi ( One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost ) | Nearby/Mentioned:[/div]
Drui nearly held her breath as Ellis released the beast and Ki'Tavi launched at at the Death Knight. The moment it clearly went for Jaeyna, Drui ran. She stopped playing to cast her holy ward and focused on the speed song only. They needed to get the hell out of here before it finished with that group and then turned their focus on them. She could hear the floor cracking with each smash onto the Death Knight. If she could just reach the portal...

The floor collapsed and she tumbled forward, instinctively changing her casting tune to slow her down which stopped her from fully slamming into the floor below just in time and slowed Ellis down so that he didn't crush her upon impact. "Ellis," she somewhat groaned out, "As much as I am flattered by your attentions, now it not the appropriate time."

She got up once Ellis was off of her and winced a bit. That hadn't been fun at all and she was going to have a few bruises and sore spots after this. She looked back at the Nightwalker just as it ripped Jaeyna in half. She felt a sickness in her gut at the gore and covered her mouth with a hand. That was an awful way to go. It savagely turned to the necromancers now and Drui frantically searched for Ki'Tavi or a way out.

"We've overstayed our welcome," she said nervously as she grabbed Ellis's hand and bolted towards Ki'Tavi. "Kit, an exit plan please?"[/div][/div][/div]

Bem the Apianian - in the dungeon Birdsie Birdsie One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Fable Fable Archdemon Archdemon

“If only.. My dear. I have nothing but my people. I’d rather die for them than leave them, but they gave me the alternative. I have a chance of redemption, and It’s the only chance I have, so I’m going to try my heart out for the chance to return to my people or die trying.” The apianian muttered in response the the increasingly sick kobold as they continued on the trek “It is not a matter of them not deserving me, but a matter of me not deserving them.” Bem sighed heavily. “But enough about me. Are you feeling alright? I can’t help but notice your coughing, and we have a cure for that were I come from for sore throats.. Honey, that is.” The woman smiled, attempting to cheer herself up while shifting the conversation in something that didn’t bring on such saddening thoughts.

“Your people have explained the workings of magic, although this mention of spirits is foreign to me. Are they like demons? How do I kill them? Does killing the spirit save those under their curse? Does it save their souls?” Bem asked with unusual enthusiasm, as those methods of killing those she still thought of as evil were interesting to her. “Your races may think of it as normal, but I am sure that I will be able to save you all from yourselves while I continue on my quest.” She whispered to herself, almost inaudible to those around.​

Viska
Action: Trying to save her fellow heroes from a Monster!
Interaction: Bem ( Noble Scion Noble Scion ), Ellis ( Birdsie Birdsie ), Ki'Tavi ( One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost ), Drui ( Fable Fable )

Viska coughed some more, it seemed like Bem was getting more worried about her but she just waved it off. She didn't think she was that sick, this often happens to people on the surface, maybe it's just this dungeon affecting her? Either way she turned back to Bem.

"I would like some Honey later, but I think it's a bad time to do right now in the middle of a dungeon. Either way, I still think your people were wrong to cast you out for a simple mistake, besides you don't just have your people! You have me and the entire guild! We're your friends and family now!"

They were getting closer to the next area, hopefully nothing bad is happening right now.

"Spirits aren't Evil silly! Their good people! They are what keep nature in tip top shape! They represent that which is good and natural in the world! Light my friend Solas! He's a Spirit if Light, so he controls Holy and light magic. Killing a spirit is not a good thing my friend, more often than not, killing a spirit has bad consequences. Like for example if you killed a Spirit of harvest, a farm's crops may continually fail which will lead to famine and starvation. Spirits don't curse people unless that person intends to do harm to a spirit of their territory. Magic isn't a curse! Without magic.... I'd be nothing but a simple Kobold still home. Without magic I wouldn't have all the wonderful adventures I've had, without magic... I wouldn't have made any friends like you... Magic is helpful. It's the person using it that can use magic for evil, but the magic itself often isn't. It's not a curse, to me it's a blessing."

Soon they arrived at a chamber, in the middle a portal stood. Viska ready herself for anything bad, she looked to Bem and walked forward, coughing a little.

Through the portal there looked to be mayhem, a broken floor, and a giant monster amongst her friends. What happened in here? Either way she must do something! That thing will rip them to shreds! Unless.... Yes! Unless it's blind! Viska focuses a bit, muttered an incantation and yelled out to her friends.

"Shield your eyes!"

After that a blinding flash erupted from her palm and lit the entire area in a blinding flash. This wouldn't keep the beast at bay for long but it saved them some time. Viska decided to go further and began to Siphon the Light from the creatures Eyes, thus making it blind or as long as she concentrated her spell. Her friends would have to escape quickly lest the beast start rampaging around. She strained a bit, trying her absolute best not to cough as she concentrated her spell on the monster.

[div class=AvaFlex] [div class=AvaImage] [div class=AvaTitle]Avaline Leonne
de Blanche[/div] [div class=AvaMentions] Character Sheet
Meeting
Interactions:
Reinhardt Reinhardt [/div][/div] [div class=AvaContent]"If freedom could be bought by giving away freedom, Fairfax would've long since been free." Avaline said simply. God knows how many nobles have appealed to the Crown, how many have groveled before that throne, begging to be free. Each and every one of them have been tricked and deceived, losing their family and friends under the guise of "ensuring public order for Albion" over the generations.

The anger, rage, and sorrow of Fairfax's long history flashed through Avaline's eyes for a brief moment. Avaline herself saw her own failures as a leader of Fairfax, still biding her time and implementing policies just short of rebellion. She wasn't like her fiery brother, solving his problems through the stubborn resolve of his fist. In anycase she calmed herself before continuing. She has shown her devotion, there is no need to tarnish it.

"I will put this simply, I will not kneel before you. But you will have The Northern Albion Army's force by your side. You've shown me enough of your resolve to understand that you think of the people of Albion. Whether or not you think of the people of Fairfax will be decided in due time." Avaline stood up and turned to face the door.

"Lady Aurelia, one shouldn't ask permission to take noble deeds. Forget your king and forge your own path. If you fight, men will follow. Avaline paused at the doorwar. "I expect to see your men training alongside mine tomorrow at the crack of dawn. We'll be practicing open field warfare." And thus she left, agreeing to an alliance. [/div][/div] [class=AvaFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=AvaImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; max-height: 400px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/c6426c0402663ebd35677dbbb1de8119-jpg.36300/full'); background-size: 100%; background-position: top; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=AvaTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 2.5px; width: 100%; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; color: #e5e5dd; font-size: 20px; font-family: 'Cinzel Decorative'; text-shadow: 0px 0px 8px black; [/class] [class=AvaMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Philosopher'; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=AvaMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=AvaContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Philosopher'; [/class]
[div class=EmilyFlex] [div class=EmilyImage][div class=EmilyImageInside][/div] [div class=EmilyTitle]Emily Chevalier[/div] [div class=EmilyMentions] Character Sheet

Interactions:
Croissant Croissant [/div][/div] [div class=EmilyContent]Emily watched as Juniper flew back towards the ground. Ugh, this is gonna be tough... A Juniper faceplanted the lobby floor, Emily began to think of new ways to test her. hmmm... let's do this

Emily swung her arms to the side and formed a magic circle on the ground where Juniper was.

"Oh great fathers, my enemy does not yield,
Oh great mothers, my enemy continues to duel,
Oh great brothers, my enemy does not feel,
Oh great sisters, my enemy continues to kill,
Oh great gods, I appeal to you,
Encase my enemy in light, and seal their evil.
Chants to the Many, Seal the Few!
⎡Entrapment of Thine Enemy⎦!!!"

The floor around Juniper glowed pure white before forming a massive dome of light around her. It was a holy attribute trap. Emily began to float away from it and readied herself for when the dome would break. [/div][/div] [class=EmilyFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row-reverse wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=EmilyImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; background-image: url('https://orig00.deviantart.net/f69c/f/2013/081/9/3/da_brocade_custom_box_background_by_gasara-d5ag4ls.gif'); background-color: rgb(218, 212, 218); background-blend-mode: multiply; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=EmilyImageInside] position: absolute; top:0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/3822838135964a2c83e4ec0027-1499767526_waifu2x_art_noise3_tta_1-png.36357/full'); background-size: 120%; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center 0%; [/class] [class=EmilyTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 0; height: auto; width: 100%; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; font-size: 45px; font-family: 'Cormorant Upright'; color: #e73359; background-color: rgba(218, 212, 218, .5); [/class] [class=EmilyMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Philosopher'; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=EmilyMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=EmilyContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Philosopher'; [/class]

Last edited:

Ki'Tavi

Interaction: Drui Fable Fable Ellis Birdsie Birdsie
Bem Noble Scion Noble Scion Viska Archdemon Archdemon
Shit was rapidly starting to go downhill, literally and figuratively.

The floor collapsed under the creature's attacks, sending everyone to the floor. Kit, true to form, managed to land on his feet like a real cat. He watched as the Nightwalker absolutely shredded Jaeyna. Well, if nothing else, that was one less thing to worry about. Perhaps throwing things at Death Knights was the way to beat them, provided you threw something dangerous enough.

"Kit, an exit plan please?"

Kit glanced over at Drui, and up at the portal. Normally, it would be out of reach for them to even hope to get to it, but with his arrows, that wasn't a problem. "Hold onto each other, I can't guarantee a soft landing!" Kit held a hand towards her and Ellis, a vector appearing under each of them. All at once, they'd feel themselves flying towards the portal. Normally, such rapid acceleration would cause whiplash, or something else due to the sudden change, but something about Ki'Tavi's spell made it so that they didn't feel the effects of sudden acceleration. They were just suddenly flying. At that point, it would become readily clear why Ki'Tavi didn't seem to suffer any ill effects from riding the Vectors himself. There was more to those Vectors than met the eye.

"Shield your eyes!"

Kit immediately covered his eyes, counting to three before he dared open them again. He hated those blinding spells, but in this case, he'd make an exception. "Brace yourselves!" Kit called, holding his palms out towards those remaining as Vectors appeared under the rest of their group in quick succession, sending them flying through the portal safe and sound. He went last, stacking a few vectors in a row to make sure he got the hell out of dodge before the Kobold's blinding spells wore off.

He came through the portal, narrowly avoiding what would have been a painful encounter between the family jewels and the back of Ellis's head by twisting to land once more on his feet, skidding with his landing. His eyes darted around the room, finding the shattered pieces of the Death Knight's armor. Vectors appeared under these pieces, with more in front to launch the pieces like miniature cannonballs at the edges of the portal. He didn't let up until the portal collapsed entirely, cutting off that monstrosity from following after them.

"Let's keep moving. I don't want to test how long it'll take that thing to figure out how to get to us if we stick around... Is anyone injured" Kit called, his tail swishing behind him as he caught his breath, looking to those gathered to be sure none had been injured in the fall. He noticed Ellis, at least, had found a soft place to land.....

Ellis | Dungeon, Outside the Portal | Fable Fable Noble Scion Noble Scion Archdemon Archdemon One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost

After a confusing flight using Vector Arrows, Ellis stood up and stared flatly at the portal. The sound of flying mental hitting it made him wince.

Kit asked if anyone was injured. Ellis didn't respond even though he felt a pulsing pain in his left arm; so much so that he instinctively clutched it at the elbow with his other hand. Instead of reacting to the question, he cast Detect Monster. He determined the location and speed of the Nightwalker and looked up.

Squinting at the ceiling, Ellis said, "That thing is after us. It's roughly fifty floors above us and moving down very quickly. We have like five minutes before it gets here. We can try to escape by going down the dungeon, or by finding one of the walls bordering with the outside and destroying it, then jumping out beyond the barrier and using our Guild Seals."

Ellis looked back down and his pupils dilated. "Up to you, captain, though I'd personally prefer the first option," he said flatly and looked at Kit.

Something was different about Ellis. The aura he gave off and the way he acted were uncharacteristically focused, but aloof. He looked in one direction blankly, his eyes not turning to make eye-contact with the people around him. He blinked rarely and looked as if he was staring at something or focusing on something.
Initiate.
The same witch from before teleported into the floor they were on. She hovered a meter above the ground.

"Yahoo!" she greeted. "Throwing the Nightwalker at her with a Vector Arrow? Ingenious. You deserve all the fame they will shower you in, Ki'Tavi. Now, please give the artifact to me. I will seal it and lock it away in a safe place."

Ellis stepped out before anyone could protest. "What are you?" he accused.

The woman didn't seem to like that question too much, as shown by her deep frown. "That's uncalled for. In fact, that's rude." She gazed at Kit. "Control your teammate."

"I know, as a matter of fact - that you're not human, and you're probably not native to this plane of existence. Again, what are you? A demon? An angel? A transcended mind flayer?"

The woman's frown lingered for five seconds. Then, she tilted her head and her frown turned into a smile against her will. She let out a hearty laugh, then said, "Okay. You caught me. Can I ask how?"

"When you killed Martin, I cast Detect Magic. Those beams you fired didn't have Weave programming typical for spells, but they were full of mana. One explanation: you used some kind of Weaveless magic, which would make you an outsider of tremendous power because no material inherent to Gaia can do anything like that."

No longer afraid of having her cover blown, the woman introduced herself, "I am Thelanis, servant of Lord Ao."

Lord Ao, the adjudicator of balance. An overdeity, known for managing the universe and keeping it stable at its very core. Deep concepts, such as space or time, the nature of divinity, and the workings of the barriers between planes were managed by him. It'd make a modicum of sense for him to send someone to impede the Death Knights; Turenval's very existence upsets the universal balance.

"Plausible," Ellis mused. He made a snap demand, "Show your true form to us, then!"

The woman's robes sparkled and turned long and white, with golden ornaments. Her hood fell down to reveal a youthful face with braided blonde hair and blue eyes. A perfectly beautiful young woman, with mesmerizing features. Shortly after, a pair of spectral white wings sprouted from her back. "There. Happy?"

The tower shook. The Nightwalker was getting closer. Ellis looked at the ceiling. "We don't have much time."

"Look at it this way," Thelanis offered. "The only reason you came here was to take that thing before the Death Knights got it. That is my purpose, too. You don't know how to use it, what it's for, and what its dangers are. Give it to me, and as small bonus, I will teleport you to safety. Your seals' magic is too weak to work in here, right? That's perfect; I take a troublesome trinket off your hands and you get away from the Nightwalker in exchange. It's a win-win."

"I don't trust her," Ellis interjected. "She could be anything. An evil goddess, an archfiend, a fallen archangel. She could even be a freaky eldritch abomination. The chances are too great."

"I've just revealed my true form to you, do you really lack faith? I don't have any more reasons to lie. If you take that artifact, it's less safe than it would be with me."

Ellis looked at Kit somberly. "Listen. Earlier, she roughed up the Nightwalker without taking the artifact that she wants from us. Don't you think that's suspicious?"

Thelanis frowned deeply but didn't cut in.

"Yes, I see. You can't afford to fight us. That's why you haven't taken it by force yet."

"Are you willing to bet your life on that?"

Ellis turned around. "I am. If you wanted the artifact, you'd have taken it. You're bluffing, I just don't know how. There's something else going on. If you wanted to safeguard the artifact, there were so many ways you could have gone about it. But instead, you waited for us to get it, and now you want it? Bull - shit. I don't trust you, not one bit. The puzzles don't match."

Everything came down to Kit.

june 2.jpg

Juniper
Mentions: Alteras Alteras : Emily

As Juniper finally stopped rolling, she realized she had not given her core enough time to charge and grew impatient, she felt as if the duel was not over yet. However, a large dome of light constructed itself around her immediately as she began to get up, realizing it's purpose, started winding her cursed arm back and forming a fist. Mana began to flow into the arm and the more mana she pumped into the arm, the more it expanded. After 20 seconds it looked like an arm that would belong to a giant. Not being hasty and acting prematurely, she threw her massive punch at the barrier and it shattered in front of her, she quickly picked up her blade and began to charge at the receptionist with it.

She wasn't sure what the barrier was for or what the purpose of it was, but not very many things can withstand a punch from her arm, physical or magical.

f8XgmlT.png
[div class=tags]Location: Dungeon | Interaction: Ellis ( Birdsie Birdsie ) Ki'Tavi ( One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost ) | Nearby/Mentioned: Viska ( Archdemon Archdemon ) Bem ( Noble Scion Noble Scion )[/div]
Drui hadn't had an escape plan at all. She was wracking her brain if Ki'Tavi came up with nothing. Could she try and float them? She could try, but float was such a slow spell that they'd just be dangling for the Nightwalker to swipe at. Float with a speed buff? She'd never tried that before but today might be the day to do it to get them out of here.

When he told her to hold onto Ellis, she practically grabbed him in a vice like hug and then felt herself shot forward suddenly. She closed her eyes wondering if she was about to slam into a wall or ceiling. Instead she and Ellis were shot into portal and spat out on the other side, with Ellis on top of her again. If this wasn't a life or death situation, she would have cracked a joke about not expecting him to be so dominant. No, she scrambled to her feet just as Kit started demolishing the portal.

Ellis started giving them their options and how much time they had before their beastly friend found them. She highly disliked the idea of going further into the dungeon. As Ellis began to act odd and stare at the floor, she almost raise her hand to wave it in front of his face. Before she did that though the witch from earlier appeared and cheerfully greeted them. This alone made Drui frown at the woman.

As the woman and Ellis bickered at each other, Drui seriously studied the woman who claimed to be an angelic messenger of Lord Ao. Something wasn't right at all, something felt off, really off. Her earlier presence basically dismissing them to deal with the Nightwalker for the artifact, leaving to believe she wasn't an enemy, to her strange return, and untrustworthy offer of taking them to safety in exchange for artifact. None of this felt right.

Ellis made the point that the reason the woman had backed off was because she couldn't finished the Nightwalker on her own and Drui sent out her own divine energy. If this was a true being of a divine nature, there would be a certain 'vibration' in response to her own. The vibration that was sent back was an empty echo, hollow and false. Drui said nothing but quickly summoned her lute and began idly pluck the strings.

"How interesting that Lord Ao would suddenly find interest in preventing the Death Knights from disturbing the balance of Gaia. You didn't say he didn't want us to have the artifact, only that the Death Knight's shouldn't. And why oh why would he send such someone who is unable to subdue the beastie guarding it?"[/div][/div][/div]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back