• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Game Of Thrones - NOW OPEN

I dislike Dumbledore. He did to much for The Greater Good and I believe if he had acted sooner Tom would never have turned to the dark. Whats worse is that he made the same mistakes with Harry. They were so similar that things could have gone very differently. I actually like the fics where they do turn out differently.

TheFordee14 said:
I actually haven't.
I've heard people rave about it on Reddit. But I have never actually got around to reading it myself. I definitely will when I get a chance!
xD . I found it on ASOIAF's reddit page. I lurk there all the time, and I saw a link for it. So I decided to give it a try. The Essay on Jon Snow got me a bit upset with the show, because if it's any bit true, Show-Jon's arc is a bit stunted.

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]I dislike Dumbledore. He did to much for The Greater Good and I believe if he had acted sooner Tom would never have turned to the dark. Whats worse is that he made the same mistakes with Harry. They were so similar that things could have gone very differently. I actually like the fics where they do turn out differently.

[/QUOTE]
I kinda like his back story. His false lover, what's his name, and the chance of him accidentally killing his younger sister was very cool to have my younger sister explain to me. I'd be more interested in a few novellas about that.

TheAncientCenturion said:
Do you think the author will have learned from her mistakes and make a better story for her next few books? I have half a mind it's going to be a quicker paced Harry Potter.
Perhaps, but the realist in me doubts it. I don't think Rowlings was going for well written work as much as entertaining work, and given the sales number and the fact the series made her the first billionaire novelist in history proved that she was successful in her goal, if my assumptions are correct.

You know the saying: don't fix what's not broken. Or rather, Don't fix what's been proven. *shrug*

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]I dislike Dumbledore. He did to much for The Greater Good and I believe if he had acted sooner Tom would never have turned to the dark. Whats worse is that he made the same mistakes with Harry. They were so similar that things could have gone very differently. I actually like the fics where they do turn out differently.

[/QUOTE]
Honestly, when I read the series again, I'm surprised that Harry didn't turn dark or just flipped everyone off. He's also quite immature and annoying a lot of the time. Also, Ron and Hermione's a terrible pairing, but that's subjective I suppose.

@WanderingJester

I am too lazy to hit the reply button, so fuck it. I'll type more here then move my hand and click the mouse. That's a fair point, which is also very sad and I think a real problem in a lot of televsion shows and movies. Sticking too closely to tropes and ideas that worked before and hoping they'll work for them.

xD . I found it on ASOIAF's reddit page. I lurk there all the time, and I saw a link for it. So I decided to give it a try. The Essay on Jon Snow got me a bit upset with the show, because if it's any bit true, Show-Jon's arc is a bit stunted.
Jon's show arc was okay. The books was much better- but I feel like they handled it well enough in the show.

Plus- THE 12 YEAR OLD IN ME FUCKING LOVES HARDHOME SO MUCH, SO THAT DEFINITELY GETS PROPS!

Last edited by a moderator:
@WanderingJester
I am too lazy to hit the reply button, so fuck it. I'll type more here then move my hand and click the mouse. That's a fair point, which is also very sad and I think a real problem in a lot of televsion shows and movies. Sticking too closely to tropes and ideas that worked before and hoping they'll work for them.
This is the reason why Disney ran Pirates of the Caribbean series into the ground and they're digging to China right now. :/

Also, just for my own personal clarification as I read the last few posts of our IC tab. @TheFordee14 Tiber and Braedon were standing away from the party in a secluded spot when the attempt assassination happened and Braedon and most of the Baratheons do have a chance to get away, right?

WanderingJester said:
Perhaps, but the realist in me doubts it. I don't think Rowlings was going for well written work as much as entertaining work, and given the sales number and the fact the series made her the first billionaire novelist in history proved that she was successful in her goal, if my assumptions are correct.
You know the saying: don't fix what's not broken. Or rather, Don't fix what's been proven. *shrug*

Honestly, when I read the series again, I'm surprised that Harry didn't turn dark or just flipped everyone off. He's also quite immature and annoying a lot of the time. Also, Ron and Hermione's a terrible pairing, but that's subjective I suppose.
I agree with your views on Ron/Hermione even Rowlings said she rethought that couple but it was to late. I also dislike ginny/harry. Its much to sudden and frankly I think it was poorly played. If there had to be any couple I would support Hermione/Harry.

I also think that she could have delved into Harry's slytherin side more and his abusive past. All that abuse and no one notices or it has no affect on harry. I don't believe it. She really played him poorly

TheFordee14 said:
Jon's show arc was okay. The books was much better- but I feel like they handled it well enough in the show.
Plus- THE 12 YEAR OLD ON ME FUCKING LOVES HARDHOME SO MUCH, SO THAT DEFINITELY GETS PROPS!
Hardhome made up for bad pooosaaay. So much. I kinda dislike the fact they named an Other the Night's King. I think George was using him more as a story like Bran the Builder, I believe he commented we'd never see him. But GOD DAMN. THAT WAS SO GREAT. It's like shifting greatly from classic ASOIAF style to like, Lord of the Rings in my opinion. A lot of action and a definitive, evil enemy. Take that as good or bad. For the show? That's acceptable. I still hope for more Other depth.

WanderingJester said:
This is the reason why Disney ran Pirates of the Caribbean series into the ground and they're digging to China right now. :/
Also, just for my own personal clarification as I read the last few posts of our IC tab. @TheFordee14 Tiber and Braedon were standing away from the party in a secluded spot when the attempt assassination happened and Braedon and most of the Baratheons do have a chance to get away, right?
I remember when I liked Curse of the Black Pearl. Then Dead Man's chest. What the shit happened for At World's end and whatever the other movie was?

I remember when I liked Curse of the Black Pearl. Then Dead Man's chest. What the shit happened for At World's end and whatever the other movie was?
I can never make it through the movies. I love Johnny Depp so tried for him as well as Orlando Blue but I always fell asleep. It took me forever to make it through the first one without falling asleep

WanderingJester said:
Oh yeah. Definitely.

I am actually planning on The Baratheons getting away. Idk how, but...

TheFordee14 said:
Oh yeah. Definitely.
I am actually planning on you The Baratheons getting away. Idk how, but...
What!!! Deanna is going on a deer hunt!!!! Or her spies are. She is going to Essos

@TheAncientCenturion[/URL] pointed out, the series is for children, so no hero running around offing the bad guys even though that would've probably saved a lot of people in the fifth book when the DE constantly revived their stunned guys and Sirius got killed.

Disney wanted to make the cow to death and most of the actors hopped off the ship after the third one. The giant whirlpool fight was kind of cool, but the ending was wayyy too anticlimactic with the two armada just sailing away like "oh the main baddies' dead, better go home now" BS.

TheFordee14 said:
Oh yeah. Definitely.
What if the Baratheon's either have help or some knowledge of one of Maegor's hidden exists? They coulda planned this shit in advance to escape. That or all the different lords sit around accusing one another, making it impossible to get to the source of the problem

@WanderingJester

The British Navy is unable to take down a handful of pirates, unorganized, from around the world. Shit man. They'd fuck them up even with Orlando Jones helping them.

TheFordee14 said:
Oh yeah. Definitely.
What if the Baratheon's either have help or some knowledge of one of Maegor's hidden exists? They coulda planned this shit in advance to escape. That or all the different lords sit around accusing one another, making it impossible to get to the source of the problem
Well, there's already a misdirection going on, the Stags can just get out of the keep before the entire castle know what went down (probably the simplest option). That said, what Centurion said here's valid as well. Worst comes Worst like @JustWhipIt said, if Braedon gets caught, he can pull that "trial by combat bullshit." :P

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]I can never make it through the movies. I love Johnny Depp so tried for him as well as Orlando Blue but I always fell asleep. It took me forever to make it through the first one without falling asleep

[/QUOTE]
That's legit an exciting and good movie. . Oddd.

WanderingJester said:
Well, there's already a misdirection going on, the Stags can just get out of the keep before the entire castle know what went down (probably the simplest option). That said, what Centurion said here's valid as well. Worst comes Worst like @JustWhipIt said, if Braedon gets caught, he can pull that "trial by combat bullshit." :P
Which would open up a spot on the Kingsguard. Though that would make the point somewhat null.

Unless Braedon escaped but his sister didn't, and she had to rely on a trial by combat.

WanderingJester said:
I too agree that Herms/Harry would have been better, at least compared with Ginny. I also think the actress that did Ginny wasn't the best pick, but that's neither here nor there (here's a better girl that would fit the bill in my opinion):
full

Yes, I would think Harry would have a bit of personality shift in terms of having been abused. He really should've been closer to Riddle in terms of an indifference to his enemies than Rowlings betrayed, as well as a certain amount of trauma effects on his psyche, not to mention his physical body. But of course, as @TheAncientCenturion pointed out, the series is for children, so no hero running around offing the bad guys even though that would've probably saved a lot of people in the fifth book when the DE constantly revived their stunned guys and Sirius got killed.

Disney wanted to make the cow to death and most of the actors hopped off the ship after the third one. The giant whirlpool fight was kind of cool, but the ending was wayyy too anticlimactic with the two armada just sailing away like "oh the main baddies' dead, better go home now" BS.
I think Rowling was recreating James/Lily in some strange twisted way so frankly even Luna/Harry would have been better.

Which would open up a spot on the Kingsguard. Though that would make the point somewhat null.
Unless Braedon escaped but his sister didn't, and she had to rely on a trial by combat.
That would give some good material for @LittleWolfie to work with!

So apparently Hermoine is black? I remember seeing that.

Then I remember seeing a quote from the books describing her as pale. Anyone wanna bring me up to speed on what that whole thing was about?

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]I think Rowling was recreating James/Lily in some strange twisted way so frankly even Luna/Harry would have been better.

[/QUOTE]
I honestly think Rowlings did an injustice to Daphne Greengrass and Tracy Davis. Daphne would've been an excellent girl to Harry as well, and the dynamic between the two snakes with Hermione would've been priceless (going tooth and nail at each other in the beginning to working together like sisters at the end of the series).

So apparently Hermoine is black? I remember seeing that.
Then I remember seeing a quote from the books describing her as pale. Anyone wanna bring me up to speed on what that whole thing was about?
Possibly when she got hit by Dolohov's spell at the end of the Order?

JustWhipIt said:
Yup, was planning on getting the hell outta dodge. Gonna start writing soon.
I hope your fish friends help you in the wars to come.

WanderingJester said:
I honestly think Rowlings did an injustice to Daphne Greengrass and Tracy Davis. Daphne would've been an excellent girl to Harry as well, and the dynamic between the two snakes with Hermione would've been priceless (going tooth and nail at each other in the beginning to working together like sisters at the end of the series).
Possibly when she got hit by Dolohov's spell at the end of the Order?
That's really contrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back