• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Game Called Life (Accepting)

Roku went back to the city having left the previously formed group as she wanted to cause some trouble but, didn't want to get them caught inside of it. Roku began to shoot random signs with her arrows freezing them while giggling to herself quietly. "Ah, why don't I want to sleep?" She asked placed her hands behind her head after shooting another sign.

Roku stopped and glanced towards a blacksmiths shop before grabbing one of the hammers and attempted to figure out how to operate the forge. Roku's random banging upon it as she had zero clue how to do any blacksmithing caused her to make a large amount of noise. "Ugh how does this work?" She complained to herself while trying to figure it out.

@Kimura959 @AnyoneElse as well

Last edited by a moderator:
(Seeing as I have a list of chores to complete before passing out, I will be slow on any responses. (Aka, I forgot to finish washing my bedding, and it needs to get finished seeing as I am getting tired.))

Already Ashlynn was within the library, taking perch from the second floor, a collection of books already resting upon the rails of the balcony. Her form, pacing along the railway, could be seen holding yet another large tome within her small arms. 'The Bestiary', it was titled, a generalized name seeing as it was specific to no region. A number of the pages were blank, and other worn to the point that they were unreadable, however the few listings that could be found within may prove to bring light on what lies ahead. It was her body language that spoke of her findings more than her expressions. As anytime she began reading further into a creature she would pause her strides, if a topic proved interesting, her right foot would lightly tap the ground behind her left.

It was during one of her moments of balancing that a form caught the corner of her eye. Closing the book, Ashlynn approached the railing as if to get a closer look, laying against the wooden support as she gazed upon the door. There was nothing to be seen, however she was curious on what it may have been. Crossing the second floor, she descended the spiral staircase. Without word she made way for the doorway, first searching around it before walking into the central opening of the Library. Her gaze shifted along the rows of books as she attempted to spot who or what may have entered. It was when she was just on the verge of releasing the thought as a simple illusion that she felt another nudge her arm.

Ashlynn took only a moment to look over him, noting that the shape she saw prior would not have been his, but perhaps another. Whilst he spoke his mind, she kept her gaze upon the surroundings. However, with the last of his words she came to pause, another question coming to her mind. "Why is it that you desire for me to travel with you?" Her question floated throughout the air, a moment bringing her head to tilt inquisitively to the side as she stared at the male. On a prior occasion she did announce her intent to travel a town over, but to explore the world itself?

"I can't go with you," she spoke softly, still attempting to piece together why an adventurer would want her in a party. As if to ward off a complaint she came to point at the open doors of the library, "It's getting too dark outside." Thinking that her point was made, her arms reverted back into her cloak, crossing beneath. However, she would provide more "When Serena comes back, I also wanted to sleep.... I also think someone came in a moment ago.."

@revior @Edward Valentine

Kala turned her head toward the voice, it sounding like the one from the male's inside the dungeon before. "Yes?" She responded, her icy green/blue eye looked at him with curiosity, the other doing the same it would simply behind the mask. Kala wondered if the man next to her defeated Gleamfang, or perhaps was it the lunatic who rush him before? He'd told her about that, but still she was quite curious as to who killed the mighty boss, or at least how long it had taken. Either way, Kala wished she would of joined the fighting for the boss, or at least got to see the thing. How big was it? Was he like some mega alpha? She didn't know and her curious nature got ahead of her to the point where she'd asked the man, "Who killed the boss?"

@Clockwork Syringe

Orlando replied to her question, "If you are referring to who helped kill the boss it was myself and one other named Alexander. If you're referring to who got the final hit in, it was yours truly" Orlando said with a thumb pointed at his chest. He uncurled his fist and continued. "I will admit, I didn't expect to be hunting the boss when I went out with a party to kill some troublemaker skeletons. However, one of my party hears cries for help and next thing, I'm standing over the remains of Gleamfang as it disintegrates into thin air. Funny how the world works huh?"

@xEmoBunnehx

Kala chuckles. "It seems so. Congratulations on getting the final hit." She said to him with a small chuckle before reaching up and pulling the mask down so that it was now hanging loosely around her neck, the eye no longer glowing. "I shall admit myself, that I was not expecting a party to head out to the den so fast though, however it seems everything was handled just fine." She said, her real voice soft and melodic in nature as her dark ruby red lips spoke, and her miss matched eyes staring straight ahead as they walked. One eye was the icy blue/green and the other a right red almost orange color. "Isn't one of those names you gave off the lunatic who rushed the boss?" She asked him, raising her eyebrow slightly.

Lloyd watched the warrior named Orlando walking away while speaking about cake and soon, while he himself was already out of the den, he found out that he was incredibly hungry. could it be that magic and mana were nothing but the power of cake? Those were questions for nother time. Listening to his stomach's rumbling, the young aethermancer started walking towards town and an inn, wondering what the bell that tolled before meant. Could it be that the world had begun to change? The denizens seemed and felt more lively and independent, especially, the innkeeper's daughter smiled at him in a way that msnaged to actually make him blush as he spent his last money onsome soup and a warm bed. Maybe being who he was, without memories, wasn't so bad after all... and tomorrow was another day, he tought dozing off to sleep.

"Alexander?" Orlando inquired, "Yeah he was the one who ran in headfirst into the boss area, made a right mess of things for those of us trying to follow him." "We had to kill off some of the wolves and as you saw, we had just about done that before heading into the boss area. However, I noticed a weak spot on Gleamfang that expedited the boss fight so it went quicker than expected." He turned to the woman besides him and asked, "by the way I never caught your name, mines Orlando" He said with a smile on his face.

@xEmoBunnehx

Kala looked over to Orlando. "Kala. Nice to meet you." She said with a slight smile to him. For a brief moment Kala's eyes wondered the man's face, following the sharp curves and gentle angles of his face until they finall wound up looking back into his eyes as they walked. "My my. What drove the lad to just run so..head first?" She asked, inwardly stunned someone would just charge a boss, knowing the spawns along the way were likely to follow into the boss room, making the boss even harder. "Oh. Also please forgive my intrusion of the party. I heard fighting and yelling and thought someone might need help." She said simply.

@Clockwork Syringe

"No no, you did fine, although you did surprise me a bit by jumping out of nowhere as I was about to defeat the wolf magnificently," Orlando replied with a chuckle. "From what I gathered, he was in for the thrill of the hunt, the rush of combat, you know? However he was actually holding his own when I got there, as he beat down one of the boss' four health bars by himself." Orlando then placed his hands behind his head and linked them together resting them on the back of his head as he walked. "I mean I might have been able to do it, but I have no idea as I never got the chance. Although since I spotted its' weak point, I may have been able to as that alone turned the tides in our favor."

@xEmoBunnehx

Meanwhile Alexander had sat back down in the empty cave, his facade of politeness once again gone as fury flowed through his veins. He didn't trust or believe a single word Orlando had said. In all honesty, he didn't care about the final hit reward. It would have been nice, but not necessary. He may have even given it away if he found that he would have little use for it. But liars and thieves never stood well with him. Sighing he glanced at the notification for defeating the boss and decided to take the part of GleamFang that would further his goal of creating a weapon worthy of him and his bloodthirst. Looking around he noticed the dungeon was completely empty, no wolves, no players, nothing. No one but him. Maybe... Maybe he could release his frustration. Maybe he could just let it out not so it doesn't affect him later on. Too much anyway. With a deep breath, he took off his claws and began an incantation.

"Earth. Manipulate. Remain. Consume. Chain. Earth. Manipulate. Remain. Consume. Chain. Black. Create. Spread. Consume. Chain. Air. Manipulate. Spread. Consume. Chain. Fire. Create. Spread. Consume. Chain. Ice. Create. Spread. Consume."

Piece by piece, the spell began to form around him. First, a earthen dome surrounded him, and then another. Then outside the domes, a purple haze began to spread, and soon after the wind began to pick up into a whirlwind. A spark ignited and soon fire had joined the commotion. And yet as if it wasn't enough, ice began to form in the whirlwind as well. This spectacle continued on for around half a minute before a dull hum could be heard from the inside of the earthen domes. The hum steadily got louder and louder, until... "!!!!!!!!!", in an explosion of elements, everything dispersed, leaving a roaring Alexander with tears running down his face as he repeatedly punched at the ground. Slowly he stopped, and the effects of using so much mana so fast hit him. He fell onto his back, staring up at the ceiling of the cavern, silent tears rolling down his face. He could barely breath, barely think, barely move. All he could do was wallow in his rage and misery. It had been a long week. No matter how he tried, his lost memories, his lost life, how he came to be this way. His escape was taken from him. Glory through death and death with glory. Yet, he got neither. He didn't die gloriously, and he didn't gain glory through victory.

"Fuck."

He thinks he may lay there for a little while.

Hopefully a beast would come challenge him.

Hopefully he would get the glory he desired.

Anything would work at this point.

Anything.

Kala chuckled. "Well then.I'll give him that the thrill of a hunt is always kind of the best part, though I did not mean to take your kill." She replied as she adjusted Anguish slightly to where it was now sitting more comfortably on her right hand side shoulder. "Though, since it's horribly improper for a kill to be taken, might I repay you somehow?" She asked him as they walked along, Kala's gaze drifting up toward the starry filled night sky. A sense of familiarity filling her as she did so. She did really understand why she enjoyed the night so much, but she did. It was like she was comfortable in it.. Strange.. She thought as she mentally shook herself as she simply looked through the sky, enjoying the tale about how Gleamfang was defeated.

@Clockwork Syringe

Orlando thought for a moment, and then it hit him as to how she could repay him. "I won't ask for money, favors, or anything," Orlando began, "However, as I did not get to see you in combat too well, perhaps you could fight alongside me next time? It would do us both well if we were to fight side by side, katana with," he paused to look at Kala's weapon on her back, "greatsword. As well as the damage we could inflict."

@xEmoBunnehx

Kala thought on this for a moment. She had yet to actually fight in a party rather than she was more solo, but she did take his kill so.she kind of owe him. "Hm..very well. Next fight we'll do it together." She nodded. "The sword might look impractical, and way too big for me but trust me Anguish and I are a fairly good team." She said with a chuckle. "And yes. I named my blade. Is that strange?" She asked Orlando, tiling her head to the opposite side of Anguish. Kala truly cherished the beginner blade, it was perfect in every way for her and no matter how hard it was to use at first, she still loved it.

@Clockwork Syringe

Panoplia was dozing off as she hears the bang of a hammer downstairs and grunts of frustration. "That doesn't sound like the blacksmith" she thought. She stretched as she got up and lazily walked back into the shop where she see's a smaller girl banging away at her weapon. "Oi! That ain't how you fix a weapon!" Panoplia rushes over and pulls out her hammer as she slides next to the girl. "You have to pound it in the right places where the weapons edges are." she said as she demonstrates. Carefully she places. The hammer over the new girls weapon and swiftly brings the hammer up and then down with considerable force. Slowly the durability bar begins to rise as she executes more and more hits. After a few minutes she finished and the weapons durability was fully recharged. "There we go." she sighs as she wipes sweat from her forehead. "Oh forgive me for intruding, but I really wanted the weapon to be fixed properly." Panoplia grabs the weapon and hands it back to the girl. "Oh, weren't you with that party that went out to the dungeon? How was it? What did you get? Did you know they announced it on the speakers?" Panoplia said excitedly but she then realized she was standing pretty close to the girl. "Oops, sorry. Got excited, I've never really been outside the city yet so I'm curious."

(Sorry for late response. I got busy and only now just saw it.)

@Lana Valentine

Mira went back to the wilderness after the expedition. She took the hide from the beast and decided to save it for the time being. "Hm... What now..." she said as she looked at the stars in the sky. Strangely, she feels a chill down her spine, it might have been a bad idea to explore on her own during the night. She clutched her fists once again, as she equipped her wand. "I wonder if there's a way to increase mana regeneration and maximum mana. If I had infinite of those, I could became a powerful mage! Alright, let's begin training again!" exclaimed Mira, as she started to chant a barrage of spells into the trees at the distance. "Fire, Project, Bullet, Pierce, Chain, Fire, Project, Spread, Consume!" A large fireball appeared above her and charged itself at the object. Once it touched the bark of it, the flames then burst out. However, the tree wasn't set on fire? The flames then vanished afterwards, seems like her empowerment was too weak. She looked over back to her mana bar, she only had 2% left. "Huh... I should probably figure out how to make this spell chain more powerful..." she pondered, looking back at the starry night sky. "Anything is possible..."

Roku looked at the blacksmith girl not recalling ever seeing her before but, smiled as she watched her look moving closer to get a good look. "That looks so cool, can you train me?" She said as she seemed more focused in how it was dine then the actual bar.

Roku listened to all the girl's questions and smiled, "Yes well, kind of? Somebody rushed in and we tried to help and then I got stuck with some wolves and missed fighting the boss," She pouted slightly, "I did kill like ten wolves though by myself." She was bragging and trying to be impressive not really caring that the girl was close to her too much. "I'm Roku by the way, who are you?" She said looking curiously at the person whom she assumed was the master blacksmith. owo

@Kimura959 (It's fine no worries ;3 )

"Oh I'm so rude, My name is Panoplia" She sat back in her chair and put her hammer on the anvil. "I can't teach you much, I'm still learning myself." Panoplia looks around puzzled. "That's weird. The blacksmith isn't here. He doesn't usually leave the shop." Turning her attention back to the girl: Roku, Panoplia says "So you killed 10 wolves? Impressive!" Panoplia looks back at her shield hanging at the back of the shop and then to her hammer. "I'm not sure how well I'd do." She continued to look around the room and then looked anxious. "Hmm, somethings off. The blacksmith was weird like most other NPC's here, such that they were routine in what they did, almost like they were programmed." Then the blacksmith came in laughing with a couple of his friends and looked towards Panoplia. "Hey girl, mind the shop would ya? I'm going drinking with the guys." He then started to turn around but then looked back. "And make sure she pays" and with that he walked back out laughing with other merchants. "O-okay" Panoplia said stunned. "I didn't even know they interacted with each other like that, let alone spend money..." Panoplia then turned back to Roku. "That was weird but don't worry about the price, I'll cover it." Panoplia smiled and the leaned back in her chair. "Interesting, I get to run the shop, though no one comes in at night. Feel free to look around, I'm sure I can manage to run the register."

@Lana Valentine

"Oh I do not underestimate people at first glance, I wait to see what kind of a person they are, and same goes for you. However, I have a gut feeling we'll be seeing each other a lot more in the future," Orlando grinned. Suddenly the town loomed into view as the gates started to show themselves to the duo. "Well I guess if anything that's a signal I must end this conversation short much to my chagrin. I look forward to fighting side by side with you in the future!" Orlando began to jog into the gates and decided that he would see if the blacksmith was open, highly unlikely due to the time of night, but he decided to entertain his hopes. As he made his way over, he could hear the sounds of hammers on anvils pounding away raising his hopes. As the blacksmith panned into view, Orlando could see two individuals, one of whom he did not recognize and could only be the blacksmith. As for the other, he recognized the figure as none other than the fiery magician Roku, Orlando grinned at this development as he made his way over. When he got within 20 feet of the blacksmith, Orlando continued to walk forward, but called out to Roku. "Well well well, It seems I have yet to actually see the last of you today. I came here to have something worked on from GleamFang, but I didn't expect to see you here at this time of night!"

@Kimura959 @Lana Valentine @xEmoBunnehx

Roku became engrossed in the workings of the forge clearly desiring to learn more about it before she looked at Panopila, "Panie, I think the announcement that happened when they won like awoke the world even more. It's what I feel anyway." Roku waved at Orlando as he approached and she smiled back at him. "I guess not, this is my new friend Panie, Panie this is Lando," She stated introducing them.

@Kimura959 @Clockwork Syringe

"Sup" Panoplia says as she see's the new kid arrive. "So the announcement woke them up? Interesting, that'll explain why he is more...human now." Panoplia then turned to the new guy coming in. "Feel free to look around, and if you have anything needing repairing bring it over here, I'll have to charge ya though" Panoplia then got up and walked around the shop. Taking a couple of alloys she came back to an anvil and set them down. Going to the back of the shop she grabs her shield and then sits back down. "Hopefully he won't mind if I experiment a little." Panoplia then started hammering the alloys till they were red with heat. She then used some tongues and applied the flattened alloys to shield and began to swing her hammer swiftly, hitting all around it and evening the spread of alloys. Panoplia had a look of curiosity, excitement and fear at the same time. After a quite some time the shield began to glow and suddenly it changed shape and the alloys fused into it. Covered in sweat, Panoplia wiped her head and using the tongues she grabbed the shield and placed it into a tub of water. Panoplia turned to Roku exhausted. "So that was interesting. The forge works like this. You put armor and weapons on the anvil or in the forge to heat it so it becomes malleable. The alloys and materials can also go in the forge to smelt them together. This tub of water is used to treat and cool the products." Panoplia pointed to everything as she explained. "At least, that's what I understand from the blacksmith." Panoplia then turned to the tub and fished out her shield. It was slighting longer, length wise, shinier and with an oof, she put it on her arm. "Wow, it's heavier. I wonder if the blacksmith will like it or not"

@Lana Valentine @Clockwork Syringe

(I got to go to sleep, gotta get up for school tomorrow. See ya guys later)

Kala had waved bye to Orlando as he left. Nice fellow. I hope our battle together will be fun. She thought to herself as she entered the city and walked through it leisurely. She was really quite enjoying how beautiful everything looked in the dark, it giving her that same sense of familiarity. This is so strange.. but yet..I like it. She thought with a small chuckle as she strolled around, simply looking and taking everything. Today had been slightly eventful for her. She'd made a potential friend, entered a dungeon for a few minutes and got to use Anguish.

After walking around for a while Kala sat on a bench and laid back, looking at all the stars in the sky. They all looked to distant but yet close enough to see.
I wonder if it's possible to touch the sky... She raised her hand up, the wrapping around her hand hanging loosely as she tried to touch the sky. In a way, she knew it wasn't possible, but hey..at least she could dream.

"Thank you for the introductions Roku, Panopelia is it? See I just got back from the Gleamfang dungeon and was wondering how much a custom weapon might set me back? I want to fashion this tooth from Gleamfang itself into a katana and I was wondering if you could give me a hand with that?

@Kimura959

Tip-toeing around the book shelves, today as well, his infiltration is a success.

"Now then."

He whispers quietly to no one in particular as he reaches his hand over the library's reception desk, stealthily "borrowing" a small jar of ink and quill pen for his nightly activities, then creeping away toward a lonesome table by a corner.

On the table, Joshua place upon it a journal bounded by leather. And on the first page, the name "Joshua Gladiolus" can be read. After flipping through a few pages filled with some handwriting hard to read other than perhaps the writer himself, he stopped at a blank page and began to write, as he have every night.

Dear Diary no. 2,

I have not yet found diary no. 1, I miss it so very much.

Like so, he began his documentation of his daily tasks, not that it differs from the day prior in all that great a detail. It was at this point that he hears a disturbance within the library. It sounds like a young man is speaking to a lady. The contents, from what his marvelously intelligent mind could perceive seems to be an abrupt confession of a desire to elope with the lady, and the lady in question seems to be reluctant to go with him.

"Kids these days, they know nothing of proper courtship."

"Hey, pretty boy! You're doing it wrong!"

From atop a book shelf, is Joshua yelling down towards a young male with, what he considers, a pretty face. How the idiotic entity known as Joshua made it up the book shelf is a mystery and all together, unimportant. What is important, is the knowledge he is about to pass down, knowledge amassed over the course of the few days of his miserable career as the Super Ultra Delivery Boy.

"Listen up, pretty boy! To properly win a lady's heart, one must at least send her the same gift over and over again. Only then, will she like you enough to marry you."

Of course, all of this was but a scheme as Joshua is in need of a new customer.

"Which is why you should rely on the Super Ultra Delivery Boy, Joshua Gladiolus delivery service! I'll deliver your crappy gifts to the person twenty steps away, and it gets there a hundred percent of the time! So how about it pretty boy, you interested?"

@Edward Valentine @Kel Vas

Roku watched Pannie in some amazement as she worked before looking at Orlando when he asked his question while thinking. "This place feels so amazing to me, I just want to learn everything." Roku then smirked before standing up and taking the tooth from Orlando. "You killed the boss without me so I got nothing you know," She said with a slight pout before looking at the fang interested. "I bet Pannie here could make you an amazing sword if you buy us some cake Lando." Roku stuck her tongue out and held onto the fang tightly so he couldn't get it back until he promised cake for all.

@Kimura959 @Clockwork Syringe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back