• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Game Called Life (Accepting)

Joshua was startled when he heard the voice, he tried to react, but his knees gave way and he stumbled into the ground. Still on the ground, his eyes sought out the source of the voice, finding a man who calls himself 'captain' bearing gifts that happens to be survival gear, which is odd, since he doesn't see any eye-patches or wooden stilt for leg, with all the snow around and the gifts he bear, he might as well be satan... or santa, whichever was correct. Jokes aside, one would assume that this man was sent by Rok, which begs the question why the hell did he not gave them these supplies earlier, when they set off? Or was he waiting here the whole time, just to pop up at the right time? But one suppose that is a mystery for another time.

And so Joshua pack the extra supplies into his inventory by the way of a hyperspace wormhole that everybody seems to be carrying about, though he wasn't sure if he would need the extra supplies, rather, he was hoping not to need them, especially the mountain climbing supplies, he simply doesn't have the physical strength needed to climb. After all, his strength had not yet recovered, actually, it had gotten even worse. He joked about how losing so much weight would make him lighter on his feet, but the truth is, his feet were never heavier. Perhaps he should have just stayed back, but having done nothing but staying in bed for the past weeks had made him feel rather like a burden, at this rate the party might dump him. Though perhaps he could get Orlando to let him tag along for a bit longer if he begs, he doesn't quite like the idea of having to beg in the first place. So there he goes, feeling somewhat better than most days, or so he tells himself, he inserted himself into this expedition group. There better not be a fight, he told himself. But to be safe, he stocked up on a bunch of potions to hand out or break over the other person's head (whichever way it works) in case a fight do break out, just so he wouldn't be so damn useless in one.

Speaking of fights, the current party structure worries him. There's some new guys he knows very little about and for some reason, Kala is in the back lines. Did she lose confidence after losing to Rok? But what's she's going to do from back there? Fling her oversized sword from afar? Now Joshua really doesn't want to get involved in a fight. Sure, their numbers have increased, but their numbers were actually dangerously few to begin with and only won fights with weaker (and one air-headed) enemies and when push comes to shove, he was sure he'll drag them down, perhaps in way that a few additions could not make up for.

And then there's Roku, who had been acting weird, something which Joshua had egoistically thought may be his fault, for having her teach him magic and all that followed. He should really have restrained himself back then.

"For me it's 'don't look down', but I always look down anyways for some reason. So I guess it's best to just not think about it too much. But when I think that, I started thinking about it. I just can't help myself"

Joshua suddenly popped out behind Roku, and after hearing her say something about looking at stuff, he just couldn't help but add his own nonsense to it. He smiles at her, awkwardly, when she is to turn to him, or not, his smile is on standby regardless.

"Uh Roku..." he spoke meekly, "do you mind if I kept your staff for a bit longer?"

Roku's staff, he hasn't returned it yet, in fact, he's using it as a walking stick right now, to support his weakened legs, the finger clutching it trembles ever so lightly as they feels its smooth wooden texture even when gloves were worn over them. He though she wouldn't mind now that she has a new set of gear. And even though he can't cast a single spell, even though he can't even try without his knees giving way and lying in his own vomit, he has problem letting it go. He can just hear the voice of someone mocking him for being so miserable as to give up something after failing on the first try. A tender, yet so very sinister voice.

@Lana Valentine @xEmoBunnehx @Clockwork Syringe @Vulpes @Silver Wolf @Vlad Dracul lV @Kel Vas

Orlando was a bit surprised when someone referring to themselves as a "Captain," approached them with gear that they could take. Orlando already had some torches and a bedroll from back when he purchased his gear in Aparches, but he did not have any climbing gear. So to fix that mistake, he went took some from the Captain, before which he spoke, "My thanks for bringing us these supplies."

Suddenly, Orlando, and only he heard something lurking around, or rather two different things. First, there was the obvious scuttling that echoed through the walls that seemed to originate from deeper within the dungeon. ~Oh boy, if that's what I think that sound is, Joshua is going to have a field day and not in the good way.~

Boy's gotta learn to face his fears sooner or later, I suggest you not tell him, but be prepared regardless.

The second noise that he heard or noticed was a small set of footsteps that sounded like they were following the group. Orlando turned around and looked back in the direction that they had walked in from. Although he couldn't see anything, he knew someone, or something was following them. You sensed whatever that was too I imagine? However, don't tell the group, we don't want them to be paranoid about this. If what the captain says is true, we'll need to have our sanity and wit with us as he descend.

~Fair enough, I'll let the group know when its the right time, or I'll call out to whoever, or whatever it is that's following us.

@Kel Vas @xEmoBunnehx @revior @Lana Valentine @Silver Wolf @Vlad Dracul lV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back