• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ►A Fool's Journey◄ [Original and Fandom Search]

KayWyn

The Almighty Panda Eyes
Hello! Hi! I'm Kay! I'm making this thread in an attempt to return from a bit of a hiatus that I've been dealing with. I'm a 19, soon to be 20 come November, full-time college student. I know that some people prefer to keep their RP partners within a comfortable age-range for them, so I want to make sure people know that before PMing me only to realize mid-roleplay and get uncomfortable. However, I am okay with just about any age so long as you're able to string together coherent sentences, help me build an interesting story, and be mature when the situation calls for it. Also, I made this while half-sick so I apologize for how all over the place it is, and the lack of smooth formatting.

Without further ado, let's continue!
Rules
Now, I've never really been a stickler for rules, but I've noticed a few pet peeves of mine along my RP-ing journey that I just really can't seem to get over. Also, these detail the types of RPs I generally go for, so it's also kinda important for that reason. Anyway, I'll get right to it!

***Feel free to just read the bolded text because I'm far too wordy for my own good ***

• Fandoms

I adore fandom RPs. They're what got me started in all of this, after all! However, I'm almost strictly a Canon x OC type - I know, the "cringe" one, but I love writing my own characters too much to ever just do a canon x canon RP. Probably because I've never been big on shipping characters? If you'd like Canon x Canon/OC x OC on your side, I'm more than happy to provide. That easily transitions into another bit: I adore doubling. Also, AUs are wonderful and I'm happy to do them.
  • Length

I'm often times a very word-y person; it's hard to get me to shut up. Because of this, I often send multiple paragraphs in my replies. I ask that you be able to do the same! Though, I also prefer quality over quantity. If you feel like you're just lengthening things to hit a word count, and it's actually taking away from the overall feeling of your reply? I totally get that, and am cool if your reply is shorter. However, I don't do one-liners. They really just don't give me enough to play off of, or they just don't get me hyped for the RP.
  • Limits

I'm open to just about anything. Dark things? Yep, into it. Things so sweet they'll rot your teeth? Adore it. Topics that are controversial and are hard to discuss? I love a good philosophical or hard debate. Hell, if you ever disagree with me on a matter, tell me - I'll never get mad at you for it. I love disagreements because it gives me the chance to understand something from another point of view that I may never think of myself; it may even completely change my point of view! There's so much you can learn from a nice, friendly debate. I see too many people that think disagreements are friendship enders or that they're bad, which, I personally think, couldn't be further from the truth. (Disagree with that? Tell me!) Let's remain civil and friendly about it, though; if you ever feel like I'm actually pissing you off, tell me - or if you'd really just prefer not to deal with me and my insufferable ways.

Back on topic, I'm a fan of romance. Really am. However, I don't really do smut - we can insinuate that something happened between characters through a lovely fade-to-black, timeskip onward to propel the story.
  • Grammar

I try my best to keep my grammar all spiffy-like. While I often am hard on myself for errors, it's errors that really make us human. So long as you put an effort, I'm happy. What's not an effort? tlking liek dis. Txt speech kinda bugs me if it's ever used in the RP. *Unless the characters...y'know....are texting....in that case, I'm totally okay with it.
  • OOC

I absolutely adore talking OOC. You'll probably have to tell me to chill out or shut up - I'll run my mouth (my keyboard?) non-stop and sometimes shoot walls of text out of the RP (I try not to do this because it's a daunting thing to open a chill PM and be given an essay to read). I don't RP just for the story; I want to be able to gush about all sorts of things, and make friends with the person I'm writing with. Throw out silly scenarios with our characters, bring up joke AUs, tell me about your characters in huge detail that'd leave people terrified! Chances are, I'm already going to be doing it.
  • Ditching
I'll be blunt - I'm a very ditch friendly person because I'm prone to ditching. I don't think I've ever really done it in a "I'm uninterested in the RP" way, but more I get into these melancholy states where I don't even turn my computer on, let alone log into a site to write. These last from a few days, to a few weeks; if, I feel, I've "been gone too long", I often start feeling really ashamed and feel it's best that I just never reply so they don't have to deal with me and my weird moods in the future. Now, I've been doing my best to get out of this habit by at least sending people a message to say that "Hey! I understand if you're not into the RP anymore, but I just want to let you know that it wasn't you or the RP, but it was me!" because I also understand that, whenever I've been ditched, I wonder if I did something to offend them or if I could've done something better or different and I immediately jump to thinking that I did something to offend them, rather than the person is having personal issues than anything.

Also, if you have gone without word for weeks (hell, even months), I'm always happy to hear from you! I'll never be upset to get a message from anyone, even if you feel that "Oh, I once started (X) RP with Kay, but vanished so I can't message her again/I'd just make her mad" (because I do this a lot and I feel I unjustly judge that someone will react negatively to me trying to return) that can't be further from the truth!
  • Originals
If you're interested in doing original RPs, feel free to ask me about them! I guarantee that I have some cooked up, but I just can't seem to find myself to write them down in a way that isn't just a pile of word vomit. Here's a word bank of things that I have a huge interest in, and often use when planning out my original plots! You can take from this and say you'd be interested in a plot based around it!

Fantasy, magic, sorcerer/wizards, evil-to-good, evil but doing good, demons being chill, gods but bored, luxury retreat for supernatural creatures, D&D adventure, fae, cute stories, angst and pain, medieval/magical setting, modern/magic setting, roommates, enemies-to-friends, hero's journey, goofy hijinks, OP protagonists, characters more OP than OP protagonists, evil being not necessarily being evil, demons have schoolboy/girl crush-like tendencies

Fandoms
Alright, enough with the weird rules and anecdotes - let's get to the real reason people click onto these, right?
This list is far from complete! I'm constantly forgetting fandoms (sadly), and finding new ones. If you really, really want one, just say it, and it may be a part of the vast list left off!

* = Craving/will keep my interest
< = Make sure you bring a plot with you when you suggest it
X = I Have a plot in mind!

I'll list the characters I have experience playing in
[ these ] *feel free to suggest from outside the list, I'm always willing to broaden my horizons*
and the characters I'd like played for me in
{ these }

One Piece | X *****
[Luffy, Zoro, Law]

{Sanji}

Attack on Titan | < **
[Eren, Armin, Jean]

{Mike, Jean, Levi}

My Hero Academia | <
[Bakugo, Midoriya, Todoroki]

{Aizawa, Bakugo, Iida]

Persona 3/4/5 | X | *
[Akihiko, Junpei]

{Akihiko, Shinjiro}

[Yuu, Yosuke]

{Kanji, Yuu}

[Akechi, Akira, Ryuji]

{Yusuke, Akira}

Naruto | X (I haven't watched Boruto) | *
[Hidden Leaf Ninja, the Akatsuki, literally anyone I love them all]

{Kakashi, Hidan, Kakuzu]

Devil May Cry (1-5, not DmC) | X | *
[Vergil, V, Nero]

{Dante}

Overwatch | <
[Hanzo, Genji]

{McCree}

Mystic Messenger | <
[707, Yoosung, Zen}

{Jumin}

Final Fantasy XIV | < *
[No experience with any of the characters, please give me this chance]

{Haurchefant, Thancred, Hien]

Fire Emblem: Awakening/Fates/Three Houses | < | X< | *********
Awakening
[Henry, Chrom, Inigo, Stahl]

{Lon'Qu, Chrom, Frederick}

Fates
[Xander, Leo, Subaki, Silas, Kaze]

{Saizou, Ryoma, Xander, Leo}

Three Houses
[Dimitri, Sylvain, Caspar, Linhardt]

{Hubert, Seteth, Dimitri}

Legends of Zelda | X *
[Link of any variation, Sidon, OC]

{Ghirahim, Link, OC?]

Mob Psycho 100
[Anyone]

{Reigen}

Katekyo Hitman Reborn | <
[Gokudera, Tsuna, Ryohei, Takeshi, Belphegor]

{Squalo, Hibari, Xanxus]

Durarara
[Izaya, Kida, Mikado]

{Shizuo}

Other Fandoms

The Elder Scrolls (Oblivion/Skyrim)

Atelier: Escha and Logy

Tales of Xillia (1 & 2)/Tales of Berseria/Tales of Zestiria/Tales of Vesperia

Rune Factory 4

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Pillars of Eternity 2

Dragon Age (Origins, 2, & Inquisition)

Monster Hunter: World

Stardew Valley

Fairy Tail

***When/If you contact me, please say more than just "I'm interested in (X) RP". I like to be able to have something I can really reply to, and those I just have a really hard time with***

Users who are viewing this thread

Back