• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ᴘɪɴ ᴘʀɪᴄᴋ — 𝖆 𝖋antastical 𝖈yperpunk 𝖗p 𝖆bout 𝖆 𝖋ashion 𝖑abel

demonology

𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒎𝒚𝒕𝒉.

• intro

bigmouth

the smiths

tldr.

A
    high-lore roleplay following Pin Prick House, a fashion label that doubles as a dystopian rebellion at night. Beneath the warehouse of Pin Prick sits Tower of Babel, ran by the Fated Madame Georgiette and her fellow triplets, Madame Lisette and Madame Croquette. While the latter two will rarely make an appearance, anyone working within either network have met them once or twice. Our characters are said employees, either by force or by choice. The Tower that rolls beneath holds secrets and treachery, though it's unknown, even by The Fates manning the helm, if the label will survive pestersome questions and investgiation from the Egressian Security and Investigative Detail or if they'll see ruin to the Empire, by their own hand or others, before the ESID has even scratched the surface of Pin Prick...

introduction.

T

he End is sprouting, dissolving the spring roots into spindles that will prick Men.

“The same thing, again?”

Three bluish shadows curl their smoke around a twinkling glass bulb. It holds a gaping black mass in its midst, akin to their eyes, which are rolled back and darkened.

A knock.

“Madame Georgiette, Madame Croquette, Madame Lisette!”

The twin creatures dissolve into humanity.

“What, child?” Georgiette’s tone is callous.

The meek seamstress shrinks back from the oak crest. “Some men from the Egressian Security and Investigative Detail are here.”

The other two triplets, eyeing each other once, scurry away to the Batting, where they reside just below Madame Georgiette’s pacing feet. She straightens her blouse, her jacket. Gracefully, she rests her buttocks against the sharp edge of her desk, ignored.

“Alright. Let them through.”

° ° °

“Miss Lune,”

She holds up a pointy-tipped hand. “It’s Madame Luné or Georgie, if you’re to refer to me at all.”

The ESID agent readjusts his glasses. “Right.” He sighs. “Apologies for the intrusion but we were wondering if you’d ever heard of The Tower of Babel?”

“I’m sure everyone has. They’re all over the news.”

The agent gives a curt nod. “Yes, but do you know about their whereabouts, their members?”

“Why would I?” She scoffs, gesturing with her hand to her chest. “I’m making dresses for a living, not riots.”

“Yes, but we appear to have tracked the I.P. address of one of The Tower of Babel’s to your facilities.”

She squishes her lips to one side. “That is peculiar. Though we offer our lobby to anyone who cares to come waltzing in, so unless you mean to interrogate all of my staff, I’m afraid I might not be of much help.”

He smiles and reveals artificially sharpened teeth. It appears he hasn’t been affected by the crash, Lisette offered from below.

Metaphysically, Georgiette smacks her back. Neither have we.

Except we have all the money in the world.

Georgiette rearranges her white streaks, fallen loose from her barrette. He hands her a creamy document.

“We start interviews Monday.”

° ° °

An Excerpt from The Lazarus Alley Bulletin, 998 A.F. —

The historical Holhorse House was recently remade as the vacation jewel for all Gentry of the Empire looking to get a taste of Lazaruthian life. It’s first gaggle of tourists were easily enveloped into the Season, though even now they remain mysteries. Tragically, their lives were lost in a house fire that struck the renovated mansion. Millions were lost in profit, along with the souls of the innocent. It is unclear how the fire began, but authorities report that there is no suspect of foul play.

It appears that this is another in a string of random fires, sources say that across the entire Empire, in as populated places as Hellenic to the rural straits of Hartland, there are fires cropping up. On the notes of crops, reports of crop circle sightings have gone up, along with people being institutionalized for hallucinations of people levitating or spotting ‘black holes,’ as many intake forms call them. The Prime Minister and his staff opted to make no comment other than to tell the citizens of Egress to not give in to scare tactics employed by groups such as Pandora’s Box, the ones responsible for the Crash, or the recently active Tower of Babel.

Prime Minister Tirneas said, quote, “This is the work of those who wish to cause harm to our great nation. They wish to tempt a civil war, and it is our patriotic duty to hold steadfast in chaos’s face.”

As always, the Prime Minister is right, and it is the Bulletin’s suggestion that Lazaruthians should not allow the recent loss of our kinsmen to temper the Season’s closing celebration…

° ° °

A circlet in the sky.
    It is still.
    Dead?

No,
    you hope it so,
    But you are
    foolish.

Along with the rest of your kind.

Flames lick
    Rabid dogs of war.
    Their teeth scream
    On bone marrow.
    Yours.

Where are they?
    But you, foolish human,
    Have no clue about what lies
    Below.

A dim recollection
    When you were insipid.
    A seed planted from Bottom up.
    Nurtured at the Batting.
    Beheaded at the Top.
    That’s how all you humans go.

As Fate tells it,
    The End.

— Unknown; an excerpt from the tapestry hung near Madame Georgiette's desk

° ° °

The massive neon out front reads: Pin Prick House. The abode is a sore thumb amongst the black-blooded towers of Rass’s capital glen: Gholling. It is squat compared to the other skyscrapers, but it expands longer into a curved point, ending at the city block. All white, yet decorated in gleaming chemicals that glow deep into the rainy night. People pass the House on their commutes to and fro, from factory to warehouse. The people are gloomy, but the building dances onward.

Pin Prick. A fable from long ago.

What lies beneath, you wonder, eyes ascent.

Enter, Madame Georgiette beckons. Enter!

A cabaret on the inside, with a glass-laden lobby occupied by the most weary and drab of Rassians. They are guarded by the suffocating red velvet, and you are struck by how much akin to a cake the building is.

A receptionist offers sparkling or non, winking as she offers you a bit of bubbly on the side. You decline, asking to speak to the Madame. The receptionist shrivels, adjusting the string of measuring tape around her neck.

“It’s awfully late, isn’t it?”

You smile. “It’s urgent.”

She eyes your badge before disappearing into the cloisters, up the creaking stairs that fell out of fashion amongst the elite years ago. Your brows turn fuzzy at the idea that this Madame is exactly who she says she is.

You poke around, through the vaulted ceilings and the higher-than-heaven entry ways and around the stage-hand curtains. Cli-cli-cli-cli-cli-click. Through a gap, you see machines whirring and spitting fabric late into the night.

“She’s up the stairs.” You’ve unnerved her, so you offer a tempered smile.

“I’ll show myself through.”

° ° °

The agent leaves upon handing over his business card. The two Fates return.

“It appears we’ve run into an unforeseen roadblock, ladies.”

They gather around the glass ball once more. Their souls mine the split gap held within the orb’s stasis, and they read the same tethered paper:

The End is crowning, and it comes to steal its Kindred. And yours, too.

The End is born, a mass that will swallow whole.

The End will grow until you are no more.

° ° °

Pin Prick House is a strange label to most, given it's ever changing aesthetics and in-your-face displays. Their guerilla-style fashion shows, along with political displays and charity work gives the brand a hard, yet redeeming edge that many other fashion houses don't have. Started and owned by the infamous Madame Georgiette, Pin Prick House is more than just a brand – it's a lifestyle. Amidst the worst economic downfall to face Egress, they stand ready to deliver countless arrays of style for those still rich enough to afford their wares. Little do they know what lies beneath.

The elevator that no longer works is deceptive as much as it is decrepit. When the night glows with the shimmy of neon skylines, the Madame treks across the facilities into the small utilities closet, flipping the breaker back on. A ding.

Your chariot awaits!

In the recesses of Pin Prick House lies the Tower of Babel, exactly in the middle of the earth that separates what is known and unknown. It is said that ghost creep the halls of the nuclear basement, but it is just the flickering fluorescents. A labyrinth of rooms, warehouses, and studies. A library housed with illegal materials, a lab outfitted with stolen bionic limbs and medical equipment, a string of cubicles dressed in hundreds of monitors and stinging HDMI cables, etc. There are refugees that hide in the confines, squared away from Egress’s watchful eye, under the protection of Georgiette and her sister’s ever-present gaze.

What is the Tower of Babel?

A rebel group. Some might even call them the rebel group. Grown in past years, many wrongfully attribute various acts of ‘domestic terrorism,’ such as the most recent attack by the hand of Pandora’s Box. However, there are some deeds more infamous or dastardly that the public know nothing about. Not even the ears of Lazarus Alley reach far enough to hear the whispers within the Empire. Stolen test subjects. Fires casted on government buildings. The complete wipe of their entire data server. On a wider basis, people recognize the Tower of Babel for their protests, which often end in smoke and bloodshed. Recently, their projects have become less rudimentary and more exclusive, profiting off of their cover’s recent notoriety.

As a result, the Egressian Security and Investigative Detail (ESID) have taken a special interest in Madame Georgiette’s atelier. Will they find what lurks beneath? Will the Tower come crashing down?

welcome.

H
    owdy! Welcome to Pin Prick! This rp is based in a world not unlike our own, though it has sic-fi and fantasy elements. Our main stage is Pin Prick House, an abode akin to an antiquated industrial warehouse, residing in the center of the province Rass's Gholling, a city shrouded in overgrowth and neon. Headed by Madame Georgiette, the fashion label has only risen in notoriety over the course of the past year, and thus, anyone who is anyone appears to be employed under her name.

Yet, expectations and reality do not intertwine in the world of the Egressian Empire. While many of the employees are exactly as they seem, all have more than meets the eye. Some sprout wings, others fabled knight. Seamstresses that see the future and models who sink their teeth into pounded flesh at night. The Madame has created a safe haven for those who would otherwise fall victim to the prying watch of the Empire. However, not even the staff know what is at stake. What lies and rumbles deep beneath the soles of their feet? Madame Georgiette holds a treasure trove of mysteries, choosing what and when her pets eat.

Dig in, dig in. Found out what rolls beneath.

intro

roles

rules

Pin Prick

don't waste the
lipgloss

genre

sci-fi, mild horror, fantasy, fashion rp ?

status

accepting

gms

demonology demonology , looking for other gm!

spots open

7/13

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
this is so so pretty I just spent an hour reading your lore you're ✨🤧🤚

what is this
another
bussingly bussing
rp? hm?

07a3ae97ea92ebccdf079cdfb347e1f5.jpg
fc3becfa5f4d243ee232ddd6fe8fc96b.jpg
0ee3b9a3d55d6112642c9e11218ca58a.jpg

welcome to
6034aa9aae4e8342106d5eb652090ee4.png

When shall we three meet again?
In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
When the hurly-burly’s done,
When the battle’s lost and won.
That will be ere the set of sun.
Where the place?
Upon the heath.
There to meet with Macbeth.
- The Three Witches

𝕮haracter 𝕾heets
𝕷ore
𝕺oc
𝕬esthetics

A BUMP!

welcome to

Where the place?
Upon the heath.
- The Three Witches

𝕮haracter 𝕾heets
𝕷ore
𝕺oc
𝕬esthetics

A BUMP!

welcome to

Where the place?
Upon the heath.
- The Three Witches

𝕮haracter 𝕾heets
𝕷ore
𝕺oc
𝕬esthetics

i wish i cud say i have amazing skill but i actually just had ursula written before this 😭 LMAO

AN ANNOUNCEMENT !!

The official due date for auditions will be AUGUST 4th, with extensions given, of course.
Secondly, you're allowed to apply for more than one character, with the tentative max being 2. Some exceptions may be given depending on the number of anticipated members! You're also welcome to propose your own character ideas outside of the roles I provided.
Lastly, if you see that I've posted a placeholder for Gatsby and were looking to write for that role yourself, just know I am overzealous and will gladly give you first-dibs. The character is still OPEN to all; just see it as my own way of 'applying' for a role, not knowing if anyone else will take them.

Where the place?
Upon the heath.
- The Three Witches

𝕮haracter 𝕾heets
𝕷ore
𝕺oc
𝕬esthetics

AN ANNOUNCEMENT !!

The new due date for auditions will be SUNDAY, AUGUST 7th, with extensions given, of course.

Where the place?
Upon the heath.