• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - OOC (Ended)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I've added more relationships into the CSs for James, Sinead and Conor. If I haven't included any characters it's because I'm not sure how much they'll have interacted yet but I'm happy to discuss potential ships?

I'll post other replies later. Trying to coordinate and only had time for one post before work.

So... I could consider joining this if you're taking new members. Seems fairly active.
The roles currently available are as below. I recommend making a character already affiliated or friends with a member of the family, just to enable them to integrate within the drama. If you have any ideas, drop me a PM and we can discuss?

AVAILABLE CHARACTERS
Other characters can be friends, cousins, love interests. Perhaps they have no desire to be involved in the criminal activities or maybe it's tempting to them. I'm open to discussion.

Male Character aged 18-30 [OPEN]
Female Character aged 18-30 [OPEN]

The roles currently available are as below. I recommend making a character already affiliated or friends with a member of the family, just to enable them to integrate within the drama. If you have any ideas, drop me a PM and we can discuss?

AVAILABLE CHARACTERS
Other characters can be friends, cousins, love interests. Perhaps they have no desire to be involved in the criminal activities or maybe it's tempting to them. I'm open to discussion.

Male Character aged 18-30 [OPEN]
Female Character aged 18-30 [OPEN]
Yeah, I think I would just like a quick, maybe paragraph synopsis, of who everyone is and what's happened so far. I was thinking a cousin or friend of the family who is either a policeman or a member of the clergy so they're sort of torn between fidelity to the family and to their career.

A member of the clergy could certainly be interesting. I think they could be a cousin of Lucy/Conor/Sinead, on their mother's side of the family. Their mother's parents were very strict and religious, so it would fit with that side of the family!

A member of the clergy could certainly be interesting. I think they could be a cousin of Lucy/Conor/Sinead, on their mother's side of the family. Their mother's parents were very strict and religious,s o it would fit with that side of the family!
Alright. Are they Catholic or Protestant Irish?

Catholic Irish.

However, the family aren't really religious, it was why their mother didn't get along with their grandparents. James is certainly not religious, seeing it as greatly hypocritical for him to even consider the idea!

Catholic Irish.

However, the family aren't really religious, it was why their mother didn't get along with their grandparents. James is certainly not religious, seeing it as greatly hypocritical for him to even consider the idea!
Right. So may be a Catholic deacon in his 20's before being ordained a priest.

Catholic Irish.

So which side of the family is the religious one again? The Sullivans?

Lucy/Conor/Sinead have grandparents (on their mother's (Shannon's) side) who are very religious. They would also be your character's grandparents. Shannon rejected religion and as such, Lucy/Conor/Sinead aren't religious themselves. I've done a little snippet below, because it hurts my head and I know it all already. Shannon's maiden name is Cassidy - she married into the Sullivans.

I can add/change Shannon's siblings as needed to fit your character as this is a work in progress. :)

1519489430109.png
Porter/Sullivan Family Tree

Last edited:
Lucy/Conor/Sinead have grandparents (on their mother's (Shannon's) side) who are very religious. They would also be your character's grandparents. Shannon rejected religious and as such, Lucy/Conor/Sinead aren't religious themselves. I've done a little snippet below, because it hurts my head and I know it all already. Shannon's maiden name is Cassidy - she married into the Sullivans.

I can add/change Shannon's siblings as needed to fit your character as this is a work in progress. :)

View attachment 404801
Porter/Sullivan Family Tree
Hey, thanks that really helps. So he'll be a Cassidy I suppose. Right-o. A Cassidy who went to seminary at Notre Dame and went back to Ireland to see the family before he recieves an official post likely somewhere in America where he will stay till ordination. So he'll plan on being there likely around 18 months. This also helps because he would logically have no idea what has gone on up until this point which perfectly mirrors my knowledge. Ha!

Yeah, he'll be a Cassidy if you want his dad to be a brother of Shannon? I can easy change that as Shannon's siblings is something I haven't explored at all so can be changed. Shannon's parents basically rejected her when she chose to marry Emmet, a gangster in Chicago.

Yeah, he'll be a Cassidy if you want his dad to be a brother of Shannon? I can easy change that as Shannon's siblings is something I haven't explored at all so can be changed. Shannon's parents basically rejected her when she chose to marry Emmet, a gangster in Chicago.
I assumed Soirse was a male name for some reason and didn't realize that the genders were color-coded. So he would have his father's name. Probably something Irish. I'm thinking Finnegan. So his mother would be Shannon's sister.

I assumed Soirse was a male name for some reason and didn't realize that the genders were color-coded. So he would have his father's name. Probably something Irish. I'm thinking Finnegan. So his mother would be Shannon's sister.
Sure, we can keep Soirse as his mother. Though is there a different surname he can have to Finnegan? Only, an NPC with that surname is about to be killed and I don't want things to get confusing. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back