• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A City of Darkness- A Mafia RP

This is most definitely still open! :)
Yay! That makes me happy. I was thinking my character would be one I’ve used in other RP’s kinda similar to this one.

Her name is Sophie Queen, a 24 year old woman who is off the rails in more than one sense of the word. To everyone else, she tries to appear normal, running a small bar on the upside. But one code word can let her know that your not there for a drink. What she lacks in the physical, her brain more than makes up for. A brilliant scientist, Sophie can make almost any type of drug, chemical weapon, or tranquilizer with over the counter chemicals and alcohol. She’s not well known, mostly because no body wants to work with her, but if you do get to know her, she won’t charge you much for an order. The only thing she asks is you give her a full report of the effects of the damage her chemical made.

Not sure if the original was a bit to dark for this, so I lightened her up a bit, lol.

Yay! That makes me happy. I was thinking my character would be one I’ve used in other RP’s kinda similar to this one.

Her name is Sophie Queen, a 24 year old woman who is off the rails in more than one sense of the word. To everyone else, she tries to appear normal, running a small bar on the upside. But one code word can let her know that your not there for a drink. What she lacks in the physical, her brain more than makes up for. A brilliant scientist, Sophie can make almost any type of drug, chemical weapon, or tranquilizer with over the counter chemicals and alcohol. She’s not well known, mostly because no body wants to work with her, but if you do get to know her, she won’t charge you much for an order. The only thing she asks is you give her a full report of the effects of the damage her chemical made.

Not sure if the original was a bit to dark for this, so I lightened her up a bit, lol.
This is absolutely marvelous! Welcome to the Family!

Oriana "smiley" Moretti A young female who quickly joined the ranks of the small new growing mob family, she had proven herself not only loyal but useful, she plays her cards close to her chest and usually underestimated as just another beautiful face, but that's the way she likes it. She prefers that the enemy underestimate so they won't see her coming when she does finally strike. Although she is a true optimistic she can be a bit of a hard ass when those around her try anything reckless or stupid.

Oriana "smiley" Moretti A young female who quickly joined the ranks of the small new growing mob family, she had proven herself not only loyal but useful, she plays her cards close to her chest and usually underestimated as just another beautiful face, but that's the way she likes it. She prefers that the enemy underestimate so they won't see her coming when she does finally strike. Although she is a true optimistic she can be a bit of a hard ass when those around her try anything reckless or stupid.
Welcome to the Family!

Super interested, let me know if there's any issues with my character concept
Matthew Pavot is a clever, sharp witted young man, who's main job is to clean up messes for the boss. Whether that be getting rid of bodies, disposing evidence, or taking care of unwanted enemies, he does it all in the name of Diamond. His job as a forensic lab technician at the local police department, allows him a unique position behind enemy lines. Although he's not much of a fighter, he'll talk his way through anything, poisoning or framing anyone that gets in his way.

Hmmm... I do like the drama... so much potential.

67e353ce7382a7d44c29a10e68c8494b.jpg

A picture of Peanut (on the left) and her twin sister (on the right) whom I have elected to name Gina after... Well, you know.
I have a character who is a Technical Analyst for [Insert Police Force Here]. She is basically the group’s Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds. Never seen a fight, never held a gun in her life. Just an absolute quirky genius with a computer. She decided to follow this path after her sister got caught in the crossfire of some gas station robbery gone wrong when they were seventeen.

Her name is Pamela Washington, but she has a nickname, that nickname being “Peanut”. Because of her love of Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, of which she has many wrappers scattered around her desk at work. Also tells of her diminutive size but don’t bring that up. Please, she’s so self-conscious.

She is a relatively normal person aside from her weird job. She has two cats, spends most of her free time at her dad’s garage helping him fix cars, and goes to trivia night at a local bar with her parents every Thursday.

Super interested, let me know if there's any issues with my character concept
Matthew Pavot is a clever, sharp witted young man, who's main job is to clean up messes for the boss. Whether that be getting rid of bodies, disposing evidence, or taking care of unwanted enemies, he does it all in the name of Diamond. His job as a forensic lab technician at the local police department, allows him a unique position behind enemy lines. Although he's not much of a fighter, he'll talk his way through anything, poisoning or framing anyone that gets in his way.
No issues at all! Welcome!

Hmmm... I do like the drama... so much potential.

67e353ce7382a7d44c29a10e68c8494b.jpg

A picture of Peanut (on the left) and her twin sister (on the right) whom I have elected to name Gina after... Well, you know.
I have a character who is a Technical Analyst for [Insert Police Force Here]. She is basically the group’s Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds. Never seen a fight, never held a gun in her life. Just an absolute quirky genius with a computer. She decided to follow this path after her sister got caught in the crossfire of some gas station robbery gone wrong when they were seventeen.

Her name is Pamela Washington, but she has a nickname, that nickname being “Peanut”. Because of her love of Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, of which she has many wrappers scattered around her desk at work. Also tells of her diminutive size but don’t bring that up. Please, she’s so self-conscious.

She is a relatively normal person aside from her weird job. She has two cats, spends most of her free time at her dad’s garage helping him fix cars, and goes to trivia night at a local bar with her parents every Thursday.
Welcome to the force!

Hey, I always do love a good mafia drama! I'll throw my two cent character in here and I look forward to seeing what you think!

Vincent "Loverboy" Valentine
Alucard.(Hellsing).full.1708267.jpg
Vincent always stood out as a boy to his young Italian parents, quite often he was seen as soft spoken and kind but in truth young Vincent ached for anything to stifle off his boredom. He saw the mundane day to day life as nuisance and though he was quite good at putting on a face of composure never letting slip out his true darker intentions. He lived somewhat in fear of his impulsive side but never showed much restraint when it finally reared it's ugly head. Slipping into bouts of violence he would bully the bullies often targeting those he feels had unjustly wronged weaker people. But it wasn't out of kindness it was just a solid excuse and justification so the adults never made to much of a fuss. After all it's easy to justify blackening the eye of a spoiled kid picking on someone else. But soon enough he grew up, getting older he got more complicated desires both for money and women. He had an aptitude for talking old ladies out of their fortune and for putting more prideful men on their ass so he began to run a small outfit of his own. Getting the taste of power was satisfying to him but in the end left him feeling just as hollow, he couldn't fill the void in any meaningful way until he met Katarina a young Russian woman whose beauty and attitude captured the heart of the young man the moment they met. He never quite believed in the cheesy moments he saw in films but this was one time in his life he finally caught a glimpse of the magic those scenes really tried to convey. Falling in love changed him and drove him for a time away from the crime filled life he led, but months and months after leaving he realized he didn't have the skillset needed to work a normal job and provide a life for his partner. He was torn apart night after night by his thoughts as he began to live in fear of not being able to provide for his family. So he made a phone call asking to see if there was any 'work' needing done in the city. As he began taking up job after job and putting food on the table he didn't have the heart to tell his wife how he was making ends meet so he simply told her he worked as a travelling salesman. In truth he had been integrated into the mob life once more and was now in to deep to leave. The stains of blood he had on him were deep enough to leave a mark on his very soul but in the end he'll do anything to keep his family safe. Living in fear of his wife seeing the man he really is and losing the only thing that made him ever feel real.

Hey, I always do love a good mafia drama! I'll throw my two cent character in here and I look forward to seeing what you think!

Vincent "Loverboy" Valentine
View attachment 643937
Vincent always stood out as a boy to his young Italian parents, quite often he was seen as soft spoken and kind but in truth young Vincent ached for anything to stifle off his boredom. He saw the mundane day to day life as nuisance and though he was quite good at putting on a face of composure never letting slip out his true darker intentions. He lived somewhat in fear of his impulsive side but never showed much restraint when it finally reared it's ugly head. Slipping into bouts of violence he would bully the bullies often targeting those he feels had unjustly wronged weaker people. But it wasn't out of kindness it was just a solid excuse and justification so the adults never made to much of a fuss. After all it's easy to justify blackening the eye of a spoiled kid picking on someone else. But soon enough he grew up, getting older he got more complicated desires both for money and women. He had an aptitude for talking old ladies out of their fortune and for putting more prideful men on their ass so he began to run a small outfit of his own. Getting the taste of power was satisfying to him but in the end left him feeling just as hollow, he couldn't fill the void in any meaningful way until he met Katarina a young Russian woman whose beauty and attitude captured the heart of the young man the moment they met. He never quite believed in the cheesy moments he saw in films but this was one time in his life he finally caught a glimpse of the magic those scenes really tried to convey. Falling in love changed him and drove him for a time away from the crime filled life he led, but months and months after leaving he realized he didn't have the skillset needed to work a normal job and provide a life for his partner. He was torn apart night after night by his thoughts as he began to live in fear of not being able to provide for his family. So he made a phone call asking to see if there was any 'work' needing done in the city. As he began taking up job after job and putting food on the table he didn't have the heart to tell his wife how he was making ends meet so he simply told her he worked as a travelling salesman. In truth he had been integrated into the mob life once more and was now in to deep to leave. The stains of blood he had on him were deep enough to leave a mark on his very soul but in the end he'll do anything to keep his family safe. Living in fear of his wife seeing the man he really is and losing the only thing that made him ever feel real.
Welcome to the Family!

I'm very interested in this!!!

I have a old OC I used for this kind of roleplay, I think he'd fit well.
Info in the spoiler tag below!

Det. Stuart J. Bullock can be considered a veteran in the force at this point, having served for over 15 years. He's been through many adventures, close-calls with death, lost partners, gained friendships, and of course a lot of enemies...
Rough exterior and on the edge, he usually presents himself late to scenes, can be rather dodgy and maybe even engage in some hush-hush activities with the other side on the law.

But no one could deny that Bullock was a great cop and a great detective, no matter what his methods were, he was bringing thieving scum in on the regular, even earning several awards for his service.
Nowadays, Stu can be described as what is considered a beat cop. Rumor has it he's in pocket of a unnamed criminal organization, some officers say he shot someone for the mafia.. but nothing is really ever true or confirmed around these parts.

PERSONALITY
While he used to be very idealistic in his youth and believed in the power of the police, he soon realized that everything is corruptible and nothing is how it is supposed to be. Bullock succumbed to his vices, got in a lot of debt and started drinking on the regular, which impacted the relationship with his former spouse Linda who divorced him and only allowed limited contact with his children Martha and Louis.
Some people consider him rude and aggressive, but Stu usually emanates the careless demeanor which got him in a lot of trouble before.

BASIC INFORMATION
Bullock is in his mid 40's, black hair usually properly combed, shortly trimmed beard and moustache. Accessorises with long coats, black boots, the cliche appearance of a noir cop.

I'm very interested in this!!!

I have a old OC I used for this kind of roleplay, I think he'd fit well.
Info in the spoiler tag below!

Det. Stuart J. Bullock can be considered a veteran in the force at this point, having served for over 15 years. He's been through many adventures, close-calls with death, lost partners, gained friendships, and of course a lot of enemies...
Rough exterior and on the edge, he usually presents himself late to scenes, can be rather dodgy and maybe even engage in some hush-hush activities with the other side on the law.

But no one could deny that Bullock was a great cop and a great detective, no matter what his methods were, he was bringing thieving scum in on the regular, even earning several awards for his service.
Nowadays, Stu can be described as what is considered a beat cop. Rumor has it he's in pocket of a unnamed criminal organization, some officers say he shot someone for the mafia.. but nothing is really ever true or confirmed around these parts.

PERSONALITY
While he used to be very idealistic in his youth and believed in the power of the police, he soon realized that everything is corruptible and nothing is how it is supposed to be. Bullock succumbed to his vices, got in a lot of debt and started drinking on the regular, which impacted the relationship with his former spouse Linda who divorced him and only allowed limited contact with his children Martha and Louis.
Some people consider him rude and aggressive, but Stu usually emanates the careless demeanor which got him in a lot of trouble before.

BASIC INFORMATION
Bullock is in his mid 40's, black hair usually properly combed, shortly trimmed beard and moustache. Accessorises with long coats, black boots, the cliche appearance of a noir cop.
Welcome to the Family, Detective.

Sure, I'll bite if you will have me.

Her full name is Bailey Delilah Tomson, nicknamed Fruit Bat after her uncanny ability to gain information around the town and the residents, is a benevolent woman who, once known, is a talented cook, decent driver, and can get flustered about the glasses she wears very easily. She once attempted to join another mafia as an informant of sorts. Through the short months that she worked for them, she slowly lost more and more interest into the group due to the reckless members attempting to spread rumors about her selling out information to the enemy, which was used to explain why their clients and enemies ended up evading their tactics and being a step ahead. The bosses, except one, were doubtful at first, and they tried to vouch for her, but upon a slight mention to her during a fight, all doubt was erased. Wisely, she would watch the group from afar, fully aware that she was marked an enemy by them, she gained access to a rifle that was not quite the most powerful thing, but it was no joke to any person. What would happen next would be known as the Eagle's Cry.
From that day, she was no longer an informant who was yet to be taken advantage of, but she was now remade as the Eagle, with rifle in hand, and freedom in her eyes.

Hope she makes a fine subordinate for you all! Any questions or comments, please say!

Konstantinos Kostas is a hardworking, and devout Greek man who loves his family and operates a Butcher Shop in Astoria, the Greek part of Queens. Recently he has been having trouble because the Italian Mob with their local Greek Lackeys have been extorting local businesses and running the Gambling Rackets. Konstantinos doesn't gamble, but one of his sons is deeply in debt and if he stops paying the protection money, he will probably lose it, or even his life. Mr. Kostas wishes for the day the Mafia disappears, but until then he just tries to keep his head down and live a good life.

Konstantinos Kostas is a hardworking, and devout Greek man who loves his family and operates a Butcher Shop in Astoria, the Greek part of Queens. Recently he has been having trouble because the Italian Mob with their local Greek Lackeys have been extorting local businesses and running the Gambling Rackets. Konstantinos doesn't gamble, but one of his sons is deeply in debt and if he stops paying the protection money, he will probably lose it, or even his life. Mr. Kostas wishes for the day the Mafia disappears, but until then he just tries to keep his head down and live a good life.
Welcome!

Overlook me. Underrate me. Look past of me. That's the aura she was giving. The aura of being a side character. She was the type of girl you would bump to and would give no mind. Her black messy hair that covers her face and the glasses she wore that almost covers her face, she was nothing but normal.

Her name was Candice "Ice" De Leon. She was a person who knew that her neighbour is a drug addict, the person who knows that behind a dumpster in a certain alley is where things go wild. The typical girl who knows nothing.

She smiled as she looks down, her hair covering her smile as she bumps shoulders to shoulders with a stranger.

"I'm sorry"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back