• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A casual Pokémon OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Noble Scion Noble Scion
I didn't mean to scare you, I'm sorry!

I'm doing a lot of bbcode testing in my private workshop, because @D. Rex requested a character sheet that would be easy to work with on mobile. But everything I have is a lot of columns, tabs, and tables, so it's been hard work trying to make something that can hold a lot of information while still being okay to edit on a smartphone.

Here's what I have so far, but's pretty bare compared to that cute layout Enmyira Enmyira did! And please ignore the character picture, he's from the last time I was in a Pokemon roleplay.

Character Name
836554.jpg
  • Name: bluh bluh

Hometown:

Goal:

[div=max-width:800px;margin:auto;][row][h]Character Name[/h][/row][Row][Column=span2][IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/3rcCzfTq/836554.jpg[/IMG][/Column][Column=span6][Tabs][Tab=Vitals][B]Name[/B]: bluh bluh

[B]Occupation[/B]:

[B]Age[/B]:

[B]Gender[/B]:

[B]Hometown[/B]:

[B]Goal[/B]:[/Tab]

[Tab=Personality]bluh[/Tab]

[Tab=Biography]double bluh [/Tab]

[nobr][Tab=Team]
[Row]
[Column=span4]
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.pokestadium.com/sprites/xy/pikachu.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]
[table=none][tr][th=2]
[CENTER]Overview[/CENTER]
[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Nickname[/td][td]Species[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Gender[/td][td]Ability[/td][/tr]
[tr][th=2]
[CENTER]Moves[/CENTER]
[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Move1[/td][td]Move2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Move3[/td][td]Move 4[/td][/tr]
[/table]
[/Column]
[Column=span4]
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.pokestadium.com/sprites/xy/eevee.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]
[table=none][tr][th=2]
[/th][/tr]
[tr][th=2]
[CENTER]Moves[/CENTER]
[/th][/tr]
[/table]
[/Column]
[/Row]

[Row]
[Column=span4]
[table=none][tr][th=2]
[/th][/tr]
[tr][th=2]
[CENTER]Moves[/CENTER]
[/th][/tr]
[/table]
[/Column]
[Column=span4]
[table=none][tr][th=2]
[/th][/tr]
[tr][th=2]
[CENTER]Moves[/CENTER]
[/th][/tr]
[/table]
[/Column]
[/Row]

[Row]
[Column=span4]
[table=none][tr][th=2]
[/th][/tr]
[tr][th=2]
[CENTER]Moves[/CENTER]
[/th][/tr]
[/table]
[/Column]
[Column=span4]
[table=none][tr][th=2]
[/th][/tr]
[tr][th=2]
[CENTER]Moves[/CENTER]
[/th][/tr]
[/table]
[/Column]
[/Row]
[/Tab][/nobr][/Tabs][/Column][/Row][/div]

If anyone wants to put the same information in a different layout for their profile, go for it. AnimeGirl is right, this is a casual RP, so i can worry about everyone's bbcode matching some other time.

A casual Pokémon profile threadWelcome to the profile thread! If you have any questions about what to do for your character or how to submit them, hit me up or ask around in the OOC thread.

Character Creation Rules
  • Original characters only (Canon Pokemon characters may be refereced or appear in backstories as NPCs)
  • Your character should fit the tone of the roleplay - criminals are fine and welcome, but maybe don't go with the serial killer who tortures and eats people.
  • Each player can start the roleplay with up to three characters
  • A trainer's Pokemon are not considered individual characters
  • (Also your character doesn't have to be a trainer)
  • However, you can play a Pokemon as a character (think Meowth or Slowking) if you're really that invested in the idea.
  • A Pokemon's level and moves will be listed on the trainer's profile sheet.
  • The combined level of a trainer's Pokemon must not exceed 60.
  • The four moves listed for each Pokemon are assumed to be the most recently learned or most often used moves. Any Pokemon can use any move that it has ever learned (within plausibility).
  • Anime faceclaims only. We are weaboos, and we are proud.
Character Submission Rules
  • Feel free to use the OOC thread or the Discord server as a workshop while you work on character profiles.
  • When you've completed the character profile, sent it to me in a PM titled "Pokémon Profile: [your character's name here]".
  • If you run into any problems with the bbcode, don't sweat it. As long as all the info in there, I can do the code for you. Gotta look out for my mobile users!
  • If you really like bbcode, you're welcome to doll up your profiles so long as all the information is there and in the same spot.
  • When I've approved your character in the PM, then you can post their profile here - but not before!
Noble Scion Noble Scion

*sees player giving complete personality for Pokemons*

The only reason Lena's Roselia's moveset has Grass Whistle is because Lena use it to sleep

Same idea with Fly and Agility on her Staraptor and Sunny Day and Solar Beam on the Roselia

now i just imagine lena telling the roselia "DO THE THING", it using grass whistle and then flopping on the floor unconscious, just to have the roselia drag her to bed

*sees player giving complete personality for Pokemons*

The only reason Lena's Roselia's moveset has Grass Whistle is because Lena use it to sleep

Same idea with Fly and Agility on her Staraptor and Sunny Day and Solar Beam on the Roselia
Same with my grass whistle xD

So how powerful are guns in this setting? I would imagine that they help but I honestly can't see them as game changes. I mean, how many bullets would it take to kill a Dragonite?

I didn't actually think the Pokemon World had guns.

tbh if they did our protags in the game would have been shot while trying to stop evil teams xD

There were guns in one episode of the anime, it was banned because of them. Besides, the evil teams could easily have just set their pokemon on the protagonists.

Oh, and this world has guns, welian welian mentioned it interest check. It was something of a throwaway line though. so I could be mistaken.

I'm actually trying to find the interest check to remind myself what city we start in.

Guns are here

Which means Lena is officially a hitchhiker who travels from city to city and ask to reside at residence of locals with certain money paid

Guns feel kinda wrong in pkmn,
not that they shouldn't exist at all.
But I just saw that in-universe swat team armed with only their mons and batons
So I imagine them being stored and reserved for only the most extreme or military situations.
or maybe it's different in other regions? Unova got them 2nd amendment rights!

Otherwise, why would any aggressors use a pokemon other than the rule of cool?
or unless bulletproof

We start in Saffron City.

As for the weaponry bit ... it is canon that all weapons are banned in the Pokémon world. In the Sinnoh region there's a character in Veilstone city who explains why through a myth:
View attachment 505356
TL; DR, it says a man wielded a sword and when he did, Pokémon disappeared and disaster befell the land until he laid his weapon down.
That doesn't say anything about weapons being banned thou. It's just a myth about a man who killed pokemon. Claiming that weapons are banned based just on that is a theory.

That doesn't say anything about weapons being banned thou. It's just a myth about a man who killed pokemon. Claiming that weapons are banned based just on that is a theory.
The myth does show that killing a Pokemon with a weapon is unwise though

Ah, see, this is where my ability to GM falls apart, as I pretty much stopped playing after gen 3 due to being too poor to afford a DS and new games.

With guns, I was referencing the Safari Zone episode of the anime, back in the first or second season. The warden of the Safari Zone had a shotgun, so the episode was cut in the USA. That's the episode where Ash somehow caught an entire herd of Taurus, leading to a lot of American children wondering when the fuck they showed up.

Nintendo had been trying to erase usage of guns from both game and anime recently, but they do exist, though less used than Pokemon, is my opinion

When a Wingull can send blade sharp wings flying with a wing attack, why use gun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back