• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Book For All and None OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here

simj26

Awful, Terrible, No-good Layabout
OOC here!

If you want a discord, please tell me! I'll set one up as soon as I am able.

like, Ruby's based on Red Riding Hood, and Weiss is based on Snow White. There's also Jaune who's based on Joan of Arc.

edit: added "based on", since they're not exactly of the charas they allude to, since it's only partial-

Last edited:
like, Ruby's Red Riding Hood, and Weiss is Snow White. There's also Jaune who's based on Joan of Arc.
ahh.. i'm with you now. 🤣

I haven't thought of any kind of major references that my character could have. Mostly I have stuck to the use of language and colours to give the Kivi family a bit of uniqueness.

ahh.. i'm with you now. 🤣

I haven't thought of any kind of major references that my character could have. Mostly I have stuck to the use of language and colours to give the Kivi family a bit of uniqueness.

right???

i've also been on a research (tho it's rather light) to fulfil the color-naming rule, but man, when i googled "How to Create a RWBY OC", i was enlightened with this "allusion". Been searching high and low for fairytale that has yet to be used oof-

right???

i've also been on a research (tho it's rather light) to fulfil the color-naming rule, but man, when i googled "How to Create a RWBY OC", i was enlightened with this "allusion". Been searching high and low for fairytale that has yet to be used oof-

What sort of character have you got in the works at the moment?

What sort of character have you got in the works at the moment?

hm... i actually have a plan make a chara with prosthetic, cyborg-y legs that can hover in the air with this advanced pair of shoes? (PSO2's bouncer in mind), and i was thinking of using Shrek's Gingy (the gingerbread cookie) since there was a point he lost his legs, right? CMIIW

or, a chara that alludes to Blanche from Widow and Her Two Daughters. Kinda want to make a mother character ig?

BTW-

what or who you gonna choose for your chara's allusion?
I'm not too focused on this tbh, primarily because while most RWBY OCs are big 'main character's materials, this ragtag mercenary band is probably made up of the dregs. Not having any allusions, or perhaps having an allusion to a more obscure context is more in line with what I had in mind, but I'm not going to say no to anything you have.

That said, musical, theatre, poem-related names are more encouraged, due to the theming of this RP. I didn't want to force it, but if you guys need inspiration or a push in a direction, there you go.

allusion topic aside, would this kind of semblance be alright? I came up with another chara that can increases a feeling of their target by maybe twofold (ATM)? Example, when a person feels a bud of happiness, they can use their semblance to bloom it a bit, making the person feel happier than before in that instance.

edit: I restated the same thing RIP-

Last edited:
Shout-out to just realising there's an OOC - there's some good sites out there that are great at giving colour names, and some names you wouldn't even realise are related to colours

oh theres
an ooc

well my oc is gonna be a ram faunus, with horns as his animal trait. probably gonna wear a hood to hide his horns though. white theme colour, name is clear, hes the son of a powerful mafia boss in atlas. alludes no nothing. if you were to drag him by his horn he would not fight back.

Hm, thinking of doing one of the huntsmen, I have a character in mind that should be interesting.

Though I need the semblance cleared first, thinking of the ability to teleport, but only where he can already see. This should provide reasonable limits and interesting situations, but I'd like to clear it first.

Hm, thinking of doing one of the huntsmen, I have a character in mind that should be interesting.

Though I need the semblance cleared first, thinking of the ability to teleport, but only where he can already see. This should provide reasonable limits and interesting situations, but I'd like to clear it first.
Teleportation is kinda weird in my book, but I'll allow it. After all, if its limited by sight, it has a really big flaw in and of itself already.

My aim was to get a CS done before Monday and I just hit that in my timezone, that's a success in my book

Yeah you don't often see in the show a semblance that is more support oriented, or pairs well with the characters weapon

simj26 simj26 Heyo, i'm still here! <3 Work has been rather intense over the past couple of weeks so i've basically been out of it. I have some rough ideas in regards to my character and i'll probably PM you whenever I have the time to write things up.

Working in retail when lockdown has just been lifted.. is not exactly what I would call "a good time." 🤣

I'm still here, I've been working on the character just wasn't sure what everyone was doing since it went quiet.

I'll post my character tonight when I get home if that helps to get things going.

I'm sorry for inconvenience, but I'm hoping to withdraw. Thank you for having me until today.

Good luck on the RP, though, everyone! :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back