• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 911, what is your emergency?

Lcalhoun

Hello, lovely people. It’s me. Again. With yet another thread. I know, I could just update my previous ones to include this new plot, but... yeah, I don’t want to.

Standard literacy rules apply:

1) No one-liners! My introductions tend to be lengthy and my average post length after that is typically two paragraphs. I can certainly do more if I’m into the story, but I expect at least two paragraphs.

2) No two-dimensional characters. Humans have flaws, as well as strengths. Make it believable!

3) In this plot, I WILL be playing a female character. I’m looking for someone to play a MALE character.

4) I try to post at least once a day, usually more. Please try to match that. If you’re going to be away for an extended period of time (a couple of days or more), please let me know.

5) I have no limits in regards to language or violence. If we role play via PM, site rules apply as far as... intimate scenes go. If the role play takes place over email, this limit can be discussed. I do NOT role play through any other venue.

Now for the plot.

If you’ve seen the movie The Call with Halle Berry, then you should be familiar with the story. I’m... adjusting it slightly, though, because I expect some romance to be involved. It’ll be of the slow burn variety, though.

Essentially, the story focuses around a 911 operator (my character). She’s dedicated to her job and loves knowing that she’s doing something useful. It’s tough, though, and her fiancé (also played by me) doesn’t always understand how difficult it can be.

Enter your character (a male police officer she has never actually seen before). They strike up a phone “flirtation-ship” through dispatch calls, maybe even meet up at a bar without knowing who the other is.

I imagine that the bulk of the story will be about a serial killer who has tormented the operator for years: two murders each year, spaced precisely six months apart for five years (our characters will be in their mid-to-late 30s). With little to no evidence, the police are simply treading water. Then, the murderer abducts the operator. The mystery will be solved or she’ll die trying.

Please PM or post here if interested.

hey there! this sounds amazing, i’d love to give this a shot with you!

i will admit, i’ve never seen this movie, but the plot definitely is intriguing. hopefully it’s available on netflix!
i’m starting college on september 3rd and that will be taking precedence for me; however, i really would like to try and give this a shot with you! i’ll likely be more active on the weekends, as i have no classes on fridays. on tough days i can’t promise a daily reply, but i will definitely do my best.

i’m a multi-paragraph RPer and LOVE fleshing out characters, which i think would make us a good match! i also don’t have any problems playing a male character.

hopefully you’ll consider giving me a shot!

-mally

hey there! this sounds amazing, i’d love to give this a shot with you!

i will admit, i’ve never seen this movie, but the plot definitely is intriguing. hopefully it’s available on netflix!
i’m starting college on september 3rd and that will be taking precedence for me; however, i really would like to try and give this a shot with you! i’ll likely be more active on the weekends, as i have no classes on fridays. on tough days i can’t promise a daily reply, but i will definitely do my best.

i’m a multi-paragraph RPer and LOVE fleshing out characters, which i think would make us a good match! i also don’t have any problems playing a male character.

hopefully you’ll consider giving me a shot!

-mally
Just shoot me a PM. I definitely understand college classes, so no worries there.

Do I really have to beg here, people? I’m literate, I’m descriptive, I won’t yell at you for a simple comma splice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back