• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom 2 specific fandom cravings (FE, HM)

Miscellany

As the thread title says, I've been craving roleplay for two specific fandoms: Fire Emblem and Harvest Moon. Unfortunately I am very picky and believe that if you want something done perfectly, you're generally going to have to do them yourself. So! I have plot ideas, but here are the two I've developed most:

Here, I think it would be fun to do for the Judgral setting what Awakening did for the Akaneia setting. That is, far distant future plot. "But why Judgral and not one of the popular settings that have actually been released in the West, Misc?" WELL, it's because the whole lore with Judgral is that there are 12 crusaders with 12 holy weapons, working together to stop an evil empire from rising again. Throughout Genealogy, you see the friends and family of the characters that aren't the main lord playing important parts, and I feel that lends itself really, really well to an rp setting where there is no MC.

Classes would be more normalized to the later Fire Emblems, and despite leading up to a Loptyr being reborn plot, I won't kill off all our characters midway though (unless everyone wants that) There might be stats, at least of the incredibly generalized ranking sort (i.e. X has poor skl, mediocre spd, and average luck but decent str, good def and excellent res kind of deal), but I'm not going to go full-on dice, partially it can be a hassle or turn people off but mostly because everyone who wants to play Dice Emblem is probably already in Fire Emblem Divide >> .

You would not need to know anything about the specific setting, as the actual thread would summarize the Holy Wars and the various families that carry Holy Blood, but familiarity with the Fire Emblem series is definitely a huge plus. If you do want to learn about it, Serenes Forest has the entire game script, and there are two official manga of Genealogy of the Holy War if that's your style.(Character interpretation may vary from manga to game but eh it varies through history)

Here, I'm thinking that the Harvest Goddess once had a small group of followers that believed fervently and made her powerful enough to grant certain powers to her worshipers. But then they caught between two gods with larger armies, and forced to flee in greatly reduced numbers. Eventually, they settled in an isolated valley and continued their worship. They got along well enough for several hundred years, but as time went on, some faithful left to the wider world, and non-worshippers settled or were brought into the village, technology progresses and slowly the Goddess is forgotten and drained of her powers.

Modern day, the village is still very isolated, to the point that landlines are considered more reliable than phone lines and there's not much point in driving a car around town as only a few streets are wide enough. Nearly every business is still a family one, and even elected posts are hereditary in name only. The magic of the past is forgotten until a native who had left for college manages to piece the history together, runs for mayor, and having gotten more than 11 vote, wins, and puts plans into motion to revive the Goddess. Little did they know, she had already awoken and used what little power she had to grant her magic to those who'd helped the new mayor in hopes of sowing the seeds of further worship.

In short, goddess can do cool things, but she needs prayer badly. Revive the goddess and discover the kickass tiny new magic powers you have. A plot! In a harvest moon rp! huzzah! (I may be very jaded about these things after having joined several and eatched them die in 3 months)

In both of these, I would love for people to plot pre-established relationships; in the latter case, I see a lot of harvest moon rps where the goal is to restore the town but it seems that everyone only moved in recently, when in reality most people have probably been living there their whole lives, well enough to to know the 5 or 6 people in their general age range they can date (probably also these people supported the new young mayor, and are the pcs gaining magic). In the former, nobles have pretty nearly the same problem; only so many people of noble birth that are your own age. I am willing to set up a discord for this kind of thing. I would prefer to do the actual RP as a thread, but am also willing to do the actual RP in discord if everyone wishes.

FIRE EMBLEM FIRE EMBLEM FIRE EMBLEM FIRE EMBLEM

*Ahem* I would love to the join this rp if its the Fire emblem one Especially if it has preexisting relationship to talk about!

I admit I never played the jugdral games but the lore for it after skimming the wiki makes me interested in rping in the setting!

Fae.png
Fire Emblem? Ooo ~

I'm down for FE, I love the Jugdral series and I'm really looking foward to this : D

I'd go for a HM themed Roleplay. I love the series <3

And suddenly the score is tied xD

I wouldn't be opposed to running both, but I'd maybe wanna set them up one at a time

So with me in there, that's 6 for Fire Emblem.

...right before I head off to Anime Central xD. I'll get a discord set up over lunch so we can plot and then see if I can't get some kind of quick setting write-up on Monday or Tuesday

As a FE fan, it's always nice to see people trying to start an RP based on it. My knowledge from games before FE6 is very limited, but from the little I've gathered, Judgral had a pretty good (and dark, which scores points with me) lore, so I'm interested in seeing how the RP will go, though I'd just be following it and not posting. If you're fine with having a spectator/reader, let me know and I'd be happy to join the Discord channel.

I haven't played any of the Judgral games sadly, but as another FE fan I'd be happy to give this a shot, if you'll have me. ^^

Fire Emblem? I'm down if you're still looking. Pretty bad at FE4/5 lore, but wiki-fu is fun.

Been away and sick most of the weekend but I'd be glad to have you all! Pop into the discord if you haven't already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back