• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings 1x1 plots- vampires and ghosts and cyborgs, oh my!

plague rats

Hey-o. I've got some 1x1 plots I'm interested in roleplaying so I'm looking for partners! I've left room for a lot of expansion and world building so I'm looking for someone who's interested in collaborating a decent amount.

Requirements:
-No minors.
-At least semi-literate. I don't have a post length expectation and prefer quality over quantity, but I need enough to respond to.
-I'm open to any gender pairings but if you want romance I'm only interested in mxm, mxnb, nbxnb.
-Semi-frequent replies. Again, not gonna throw a fit but try to stay active and lemme know if you need/want to drop.
-Don't be a jerk. I'm fine with rougher topics IC but I'm not interested in it OOC.

Anyway! Onto the plots! Bolded characters are the ones I'd like to play but if you're really interested in one hit me up anyway, I'm flexible!

BLOOD BROTHERS
Character A has worked in the family business their entire life and they couldn’t imagine doing anything else. Sure, the job has its downsides. Moving all the time makes it hard to have many friends and it’s dirty, dangerous work. But it’s important work and they’re damn good at it. Being a vampire slayer nowadays isn’t what it was in the past. Most vampires have adapted to the modern world and consider it too much hassle to sulk around in the shadows preying on innocents so they’ve turned to more ethical sources for their food. The ones who don’t cause problems for the more civilized vampires so they’ve taken to employing humans like A’s family to take care of those problems. So when a mysterious string of deaths catches some eyes, A is off to a new city to investigate Character B.

Character B isn’t like other cases though. Most vampires who feed on human turn strange, more feral. It’s half the reason most stopped. But B is calm, intelligent, even friendly- and seemingly innocent. But the killings continue and A still can’t figure them out. Even worse is the fact that B has taken notice of this stranger they keep seeing and they might even be friends now. Eventually A isn’t sure what they’re more afraid of- B figuring out who they are or catching B in the act.

SECOND CHANCES (tw for suicide)
Character A has had enough. Maybe they were dealt a shitty hand in life, maybe they had their heart broken one too many times, maybe their brain chemistry is just fucked. Whatever the cause, they’ve found a solution. They’re going to kill themselves. They have a plan and this time it’s going to work. It’s Character B’s job to change their mind. Like, it’s actually their job. B died in a freak accident and wound up in limbo, where whatever entities were charged with watching them offered them a job. They’d be sent back to earth to convince people like A not to kill themselves. So far they haven’t had the best track record but after years they only need one more win to get the grand prize. If they succeed they get the afterlife of their choosing. If not, it’s back to limbo. They weren’t hopeful to begin with and A isn’t proving to be an easy case.

2XXX
It’s the year 2XXX and stuff kinda sucks. Unchecked capitalism and years of global war undermining governments have led to de facto corporate cities rife with inequality and violence. The rich live in automated lives of luxury while the rest barely survive, killing and stealing and doing whatever it takes to keep themselves alive. Radical organizations deemed terrorists by those in charge operate in underground cells all over the world doing what they can to take down their oppressors and violent gangs engage in turf warfare on the lower streets. Character A is not one of them. They’re just a highly skilled tech repair person running a small business and keeping their head down, trying to avoid conflict and attention as much as possible. It’s been rough since a brutal gang known as the Nightshades have staked a claim in their neighborhood and they’ve had visits from a few unsavory characters that promise to escalate soon. But before they can worry too much about that they’re awoken late one night by someone pounding on their door. Standing behind it is Character B, a member of an organization of radical Grinders who enhance their bodies with illegal cybernetics and biohacking, surpassing regulations to become cyborgs, part organic and part machine. They’re covered in blood and oil and god knows what else and they’re holding a gun in one shaking, sparking hand as they demand that Character A fixes them. Before they can help it B has dragged A into a war between Grinders, Nightshades, MegaCorps, and anyone one else trying to get what they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back