• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom 1800's Mania. (Jane Austen, Fanny Burney, Charlotte Brontë, etc. -inspired; Romance Preferred.)

Zubyn

First thing out of the way: I'm 21 years old and female. I'd prefer to have 18+ writers both for personal comfort reasons and for the sake of the content I'm looking for.
I've gotten back into my fixation on some Regency writings, so of course, I've come looking for a potential RP partner to indulge in my enjoyment with! I'm mostly looking for an RP that takes place in the Regency era, but I'm willing to move it over into the Victorian as well.

I'm not very experienced on forum RP on this website, but I have 6 years of (acceptable) RP experience. I acknowledge I have a lot to learn and adjust to, but I will do my best to make our experience enjoyable. Also, I enjoy worldbuilding, discussing character dynamics, and plot ideas! Let's build off of our ideas and add depth to this story so we'll both enjoy it!

[Plots and more detailed OOC information are below.]

I'm not intentionally looking for a graphic RP, the main reason I'm here is a romance plot as the title of this thread suggests. However, I am not opposed to exploring these topics. There are things, though, that I tend to write out and things I am not comfortable with.

Will NOT write/work with:
Drug use, (excessive) alcohol use, addiction, self-harm, slavery. I am opposed to discussing these things even in reference.

The things I MAY write:
Given this is an older time period, there may be gender-normative topics that may make some uncomfortable. I do not wish this to be a glaring topic in the roleplay since I am a person of a modern audience, but the nature of the roleplay's topic cannot guarantee it will be excluded entirely.

Potential emotional and/or physical manipulation. Not a guarantee, but sometimes my roleplays tend to dive into darker themes like this. I will avoid these topics if it's a more sensitive issue, though.

I am not opposed to gore. Wounds, blood, etc. I will not go into excessive detail, given it's against the website's rules, but if the plot diverges into a more action-esque direction, I will be describing my character's wounds.

Discussions of anxiety and/or mental conditions. If I feel it is appropriate, I may play a character that has anxiety or other neurodivergent conditions, either in reference or in detail. I do as much research as possible to avoid ignorance and harmful comments and base my characters on my personal prior experience.

Mentions of both major and minor character deaths. Both over the course of the story if it gets to that point, and also in my plot summaries. Look below for more information and read at your discretion.

Potential age gaps replicant of what could occur in the time period. I don't plan to make this a focal point too much, but it may be present within the story.

As stated already, I don't have a lot of experience with this particular website. Things like formatting and paragraph spacing might be a bit wonky at first. If you prefer to RP in a thread, I might need some pointers on how to properly structure the thread. Please be patient with me! I've been partaking in what I'd like to think is good writing for roughly six years now. I'm always looking to improve my skill, and I make mistakes, but I am looking to iron out the flaws in my technique.

As for what I expect, a decent understanding of grammar and spelling is my only mandatory condition. I understand that people make mistakes (I do regularly), and that grammar, especially in English, can be a tricky thing. I do, however, expect legibility within a paragraph. I would like at least more than two paragraphs to work with, but I understand people have their off days. There are times when I fall short as well, but I will do my best to match the length of my partner.

Again, I'm looking for a romance plot. I'd prefer it to be slow-burn, I'm not a fan of the instant romance thing. Based on my partner's preference, it could be a sub-plot or the main storyline. I would, however, prefer it to take up a lot of "screen time", as it were. M or F. I prefer to play F, but I will also play a male character.

Despite my very intense interest in this topic, I find it difficult to search for research information on the particulars of this time period. Having a partner that can help me out with that when that's needed would be helpful. [Not mandatory.]

These plots are intended to be guides and idea starters. While I'd love to RP these ones, I'm open to your ideas if you have one that's different from these!​

A young woman of large fortune is raised within a family of noble peerage. She, along with the rest of her family, does not display an agreeable reputation. With a reserved, stoic temper, she does not seem to possess a wish to marry. Despite that, she hears her heart singing for a companion, barely above that of a whisper. Will she listen to it when a potential suitor arrives, or will she end up an old maid?

When a young woman coming into her own is introduced into society, she faces the trials and tribulations of those within and above her social sphere. Coming from a family of mediocre income, those that she will face will be challenging indeed. Will she be able to find companions within the complicated world she lives in, or become a recluse?

A young man of large fortune desperately tries to subvert the inhospitable reputation of his father and plans to marry well. He finds a woman he forms a suitable relationship with, but his happiness is interrupted by the untimely death of his father. In light of his recent activities, he is suspected of committing foul play in order to inherit the estate and control over the family. Will he be able to subvert this misunderstanding, or crumble beneath its weight?

A family scrambles to get an enforceable entail after the father catches a sudden and serious illness. Upon his death, the mysterious, aloof, and overall less charismatic son inherits the estate. He faces the contempt and doubt of his family and is pressured into marrying quickly to stabilize the rest of the house.

Definitely interested. I'm somewhat new too (well technically; I'm coming back after 5 years, I imagine a lot has changed), so I can't say I'll be able to help with that. On the ideas, I'm interested in Gilded Wildflower and Seasons, but I'm down or the other two as well.

We could discuss over PM or here in the thread, whatever you would prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back