• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ๐‘‹ โœฆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ แต’แต’แถœ

Where should the OOC be?

• Here (Forums)

• Discord

• Either works for me!

Results are only viewable after voting.
thefinalgirl thefinalgirl from what i've gathered, maria seems like a contender to be some sort of mom friend of the group cx
HowlingWolf HowlingWolf i love wing's metal arm concept!! O: she's also the first one so far to be from snowfall o:
Beski Beski tagging you because what i have to say next applies to all three of you: how have they been in regards to the war? i noticed there wasn't much mentioned about it in your guys' sheets.

also, i'm not sure if it matters much or not, but i updated cancel's sheet to have a height+weight conversion (since most people were doing feet/inches and pounds!)

yxnie yxnie oh yay!!! i wasn't entirely sure if it would be okay, but i tried to keep it as grounded in magical fantasy as i could! hope the magic process of it made sense too ^^

i mentioned it slightly in her character sheet though not much, but wing's experience with the war has been largely her reaction to work in the forge having exponentially increased since the war's start since everyone always needs weapons. while she's both grateful and a little sad she won't have a traditional journeyman's experience having been offered a job in her own forge, mostly she's been stressed and overworked from the war efforts, and its definitely always at the back of her mind that snowfall is in between the two major warring nations (though of course snowfall is its own side now)

HowlingWolf HowlingWolf yeah, it makes sense! i think you did well with her ^ ^. also, regarding the sample, anything that would reflect how you'd post in an rp would be fine! if you want, you could sent it in a pm. (edit: or link it in the cs! i actually saw that one of thefinalgirl thefinalgirl 's samples was on a google doc.)

i see ~ maybe the adventure could be a nice change of scenery for her? o: at this point i'm actually wondering how characters from different empires will end up interacting at first, given the circumstances. though i suppose that'll be something we may need to wait for, when the rp starts. cx unless people want to start talking about it now...?

Abendrot Abendrot hmm, how to word this... for now it doesn't matter, but it's information that may probably come into play in certain instances later on. if that makes sense. ^ ^

Sorry to double post, but would we be interested in having an OOC Discord for worldbuilding and better keeping in touch?

Sorry to double post, but would we be interested in having an OOC Discord for worldbuilding and better keeping in touch?
that might be a good idea. we can store suggestions there on worldbuilding, but i honestly prefer ooc chatter on rpn rather than discord.

i personally havenโ€™t had good experiences with having the ooc on discord just based on the fact that itโ€™s separate from where ic and the characters are (some people donโ€™t really use discord and then they fall out of touch and aaaa);; but if everyone is willing, i can make a server no problem!

i personally havenโ€™t had good experiences with having the ooc on discord just based on the fact that itโ€™s separate from where ic and the characters are (some people donโ€™t really use discord and then they fall out of touch and aaaa);; but if everyone is willing, i can make a server no problem!
highkey, that is also my problem when it came to discord for ooc stuff. sometimes, people lose interest and either mute the server and ignore most messages or leave suddenly.

Thatโ€™s fair. I also feel like the world building can become so rapid that people are out of the loop and unlike RPN, itโ€™s soooo hard to go back and find stuff on Discord.

That being said, itโ€™s established that most of the magic in this universe comes from the world itself. In that case, would artifacts and relics become more sought after and valuable by those seeking power and especially for the war effort?

oh my god, forgot about that earlier mention for the war era. maria is mostly concerned for her father if he ever enlists himself to volunteer as a weaponsmith for the war, his health is already degrading to the point where his coughs sound very rough. other than family relatives, maria is also concerned about how the street orhans might protect themselves if a seige on the slums of the tea empire ever happens. most of her fortune-readings for herself drew death as her future, making her feel uneasy, and she links it with the war against the three empires.

thefinalgirl thefinalgirl yeah, that too. i know i don't always remember to check servers i mute so should someone decide to mute it, it could cause a bit of an issue x -x
i can see maria and crown getting along well pretty early on because of that cx not so sure about out people from silent and snowfall, though...

Beski Beski rapid planning wouldn't be so much of a problem if everyone was able to keep up, but alas a number of us have different timezones and responsibilities so i don't think it'd be a good idea for now;;
also, yeah. i was actually talking to teen_angst teen_angst a bit ago regarding this but one of the military-based jobs is centered around using magic resources to create and manage weaponry and the like, sort of like a magic technician.

illegallyblonde illegallyblonde zero is cute!!! letting out a slight sigh of relief because cancel is no longer the shortest > >; one thing i noticed though is that the noble populace of tea makes up a much smaller percentage than 25% o: it's more closer to 3%. i was just saying that out of those who aren't nobles, ~75% are below the poverty line. so there are still middle-ground people. ^ ^

Abendrot Abendrot sapphire's an interesting character o: the fact that he's killed a man makes me wonder what the others would end up thinking of him should they find out. one thing though; does he have a surname?

hmm. a lotta people are from tea, now that i think about it ๐Ÿค”

Abendrot Abendrot sapphire's an interesting character o: the fact that he's killed a man makes me wonder what the others would end up thinking of him should they find out. one thing though; does he have a surname?
I think he would have a surname, especially given he's from nobility, but I wasn't sure about the details of the naming system at the time. I might ad one in the editing process.
hmm. a lotta people are from tea, now that i think about it ๐Ÿค”
Yeah, I do think tea is quite over-represented right now, and I wasn't really intending to be part of the problem lol. I feel like one of us is going to have to change.

Abendrot Abendrot okay! let me know when/if you decide to do so.

it's possible that someone may need to, since the current tea:silent:snowfall ratio is 4:1:1. i know someone else is planning to make a character from silent, but even then, that still leaves snowfall with one...

empire geo?
i guess i'll vouch for silent, then. silent conquest ftw cx

HowlingWolf HowlingWolf right!!! lowkey hoping we don't go over capacity so i won't have to do the choosing thing qq

Beski Beski well, they are all on the same large island, so the general climate is kinda the same throughout (with the exception of snowfall, though that's due to magical phenomenon). as far as other things go... i actually plan to draw out what i had in mind but expect it to be pretty bad because i've never drawn a map before

silent | located on the west side on the island, and spans into several smaller islands off its coast. given the whole relaxation lifestyle a lot of its residents have, i imagine it'd be pretty 'beachy' if that makes sense? the building style is pretty lax but not so much so that it'd cause an issue. the countries under silent are located pretty close together, and as such they are heavily involved with one another. there is a medium-sized inactive volcano on the three-way border between the three empires, but it's mostly on silent's side. lots of tidal breezes, palm trees...

snowfall | located in between silent and snowfall - its only point of entry into the ocean is on its south side. i touched on this in its description! it used to be an icy, snowy place, which is quite uncharacteristic all things considered - and it's how snowfall got its name. currently, a vast majority of it is a desert, and the countries within it are fairly far apart as they're all near their own freshwater source, which are all scattered about. there is also an oasis that isn't inside the boundaries of any of the countries, which has magical properties. (it does still snow though, interestingly enough)

tea | located on the east side of the island. it is the most high-elevated area of the island. it has the most variety in wildlife - it's very lush and it's all over the place. the nobles are all located in the north part of the empire, a decent mileage away from the rest of society which is further down south. in between the two areas is a tropical jungle-type terrain, which is filled with a large amount of different species of plant and animals; many fruits and vegetables can be found growing in this densely-vegetated area.

yxnie yxnie

omg thank you for letting me know! i totally read that wrong- i will edit the cs! (for some reason i thought that 25% of the population was rich??? i'm so dumb lol- that makes a lot more sense!)

illegallyblonde illegallyblonde no problem ~ and no, you're not dumb cx it's probably my fault for not being too clear about it on the thread. ^ ^

if anyone is interested i updated cancel's sheet to have an appearance description!

i might update my cs to include more of maria's father's backstory since it is pretty essential to her character in general, but i'll just keep it hidden so that i got some material for writing posts and interactions lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back