• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝐥𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲. ↳ the roleplay

Characters
Here
Other
Here

saccharine

pelerine dream
[class=bkg] position: relative; width: 483px; height: 304px; background-color: #F2F2F2; overflow: hidden; margin: auto; [/class] [class=img] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: 450px; height: 86px; left: 15px; top: 206px; background: url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a3/da/b3/a3dab3787d1a54eb4136ee6c9fff1269.jpg'); background-position: center; background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=content] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: 450px; height: 153px; left: 15px; top: 39px; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; left: 15px; top: 39px; overflow: hidden; width: 451px; height: 145px; text-align: left; font-family: Segoe UI; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 11px; color: rgba(112,112,112,1); [/class] [class=title] position: absolute; left: 15px; top: 10px; overflow: overflow; width: 226px; height: 19px; text-align: left; font-family: Segoe UI; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: rgba(112,112,112,1); [/class] [div class=bkg] [div class=img] [/div] [div class=content] [/div] [div class=text]
Light filtered in over the tops of the buildings, shafts falling on the courtyard of McRae Highschool. It was deadly silent, the only thing alive the dancing light; making the old concrete floor glimmer, the patio tables shine through their new paint coat, and casting the grim faces of seven people in harsh contrast.

Nia. Winter. Phoebe. Andreas. Jamarus. Guinevere.

But something felt missing. Even the sunlight seemed to dim near the dead stares of the group sitting stiffly around an old, rusty table. Of course, they all knew something was wrong, and they all knew what it was. Seven people. No, not seven. Six. Six people that lost a friend. Six people that lost it all.

Or maybe that was just Nia.

The girl coughed mildly into her hand, staring down at the small phone sitting over her skirt as shafts of pink hair fell from behind her ears. Why did I invite them here? ...Why did they come? She brushed them back, looking up, eyes flitting around the circle of her past friends. And this was it -- the moment where she would make a ravishing speech while making strong eye contact with all of them. But there were some small issues -- all of them refused to look at each other, and Nia had no clue what to fucking say.

For a moment, her confidence wavered. She looked around at all of the downturned faces and didn't just ask why they came, but why she came. What did she think she had here? Would she be lying to herself if she said anybody sitting at the table was there for reasons other than to respect Lilly? No, no, no no no. This wasn't how it was supposed to go. Maybe Nia didn't have a speech for the ages, but she did have a quick wit and a set of working vocal cords. She would do what she always did; let her mind take over and speak truth.

"Do any of you know where she went?"

Nia's cheeks pinked the second the words escaped her lips. No heartfelt "I miss you", no eye-watering beg for them to come back. But the saying is right, isn't it? You can't take back words. Looking down into her lap, she resigned herself into the stale atmosphere choking the air out of her lungs and just hoped one of them would respond.

Grape Soda Grape Soda Lurker Lurker madame moiselle madame moiselle Uxie Uxie @milkshake
[/div] [div class=title] lilly. [/div] [/div]

Why was he even here? Why were any of them even there? This whole thing was pointless. What did they think? That they were going to do something the police couldn't do? It was stupid. Jamarus gazed around the table. No one was speaking. Maybe they were all in shock. His gaze eventually made it to Guinevere who was sitting to his immediate right. She was the only one in this group he really thought of in a positive light. The only one he still talked to after Lilly had stopped showing up. Guin was the one that had convinced him to come in the first place. She was too nice for her own good.

The air was heavy between them all. When Lilly was around they could all look past their differences and be friends. It wasn't until she was gone that they realized how important she really was. Lilly was the glue that had been holding the group together. Jamarus disliked the rest of the group for various reasons. Nia? Fake and wanted attention but too edgy to admit it. Phoebe and him were always butting heads and getting into pissing contests. Winter was pretty neutral. He didn't dislike her but if Guinevere was too nice for her own good, Winter damn sure was way too nice. No one could be that nice, there had to be something wrong with her. Lastly there was Andreas. I mean...Did he really need to explain that one? Dude was practically the opposite of Jamarus.

The football player was becoming restless. The season was in full swing. He should be working out right now, not here in the courtyard wasting time. He was still being cleared game by game on his concussion. Last week was a no go but he was feeling better this time. Of course he said that every time and the doctor told him no. Every time. Nia finally broke the silence. Did any of them know where she went? J didn't try to hide the loud scoff of annoyance that erupted from him. Guinever had told him to play nice but he wasn't going to sit here and listen to this stupid crap. Especially from Nia of all people. Winter, maybe. Guin, sure, if that's what she wanted. Not Nia.

"I sure fucking hope not. Because if any of you know where she is I'm dragging you down to the goddamn police station myself." The male glared at each person around the table individually, judging their reaction. He had loved Lilly like family. Everyone loved Lilly but they had looked out for each other. He was acting tough now but he was hurting just as much as they were. They might not have been his first choice of friends but he couldn't deny that he had fun when he was hanging out with all of them. For the most part, anyway. There had always been that line of seperation. These were Lilly's friends and he had been hanging out with them to spend time with Lilly.

J leaned back in his chair and put his feet on the table. The group was no doubt used to his harsh way of speaking. He wasn't mad at anyone yet. Just annoyed. They would know and recognize if he was speaking in anger. "We all loved her. You ain't special Nia. If any of us knew where she was we would have told somebody. I may not like most of you but I know you well enough to say that. If y'all really wanna play Inspector Gadget or whatever the fuck this is we should figure out who the last to see her was." He rearranged himself in the seat and leaned further backwards. The male was currently wearing a black muscle shirt and sweatpants. He was planning on going to the gym after this and didn't feel like changing when he got there.

"I'll start. Last time I saw her was the last time we all hung out a couple months ago. Hasn't responded to any texts, calls, or anything else. I thought she was mad at me or something. Didn't think she'd just vanish..." His voice trailed off in the end and a look of sadness crept into his face for a few moments. He quickly shook it off and once again gazed around the table, waiting for someone else to say something.

[class=variables] --color: #b7cfda; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important [/class] [class=container] width: 530px; height: 300px; display: flex; margin: auto; flex-wrap: wrap; [/class] [class name=container maxWidth=450px] width: 300px; height: 100%; align-items: center; justify-content: center; [/class] [class=left] height: 300px; width: 220px; padding: 15px; box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=name] font-weight: 900; text-align: center; border-bottom: 4px solid var(--color); width: 120px; display: block; margin: 10% auto; font-size: 18px; position: relative; [/class] [class=imgContainer] width: 100%; height: 90px; display: flex; justify-content: space-between; margin: 10px auto; [/class] [class=img] width: 90px; height: 90px; background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; filter: saturate(70%); [/class] [class=tag] display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px solid var(--color); height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class=right] width: 280px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-direction: column; overflow: hidden; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=leftTagContainer] width: 100%; height: 100px; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 50px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=container] [div class=left] [div class=imgContainer] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/kbBRkbS.jpg')"][/div] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/edpsgVt.jpg')"][/div] [/div] [div class=name]Guinevere[/div] [div class=leftTagContainer] [div class=scroll] [div class=tag]interactions:[/div] the group
[div class=tag]mood:[/div] anxious
[div class=tag]location:[/div] courtyard [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=right] [div class=scroll] The air was so thick with emotions it could easily be cut with a knife. Guinevere’s fingers toyed with the golden cross of her necklace. A habit that made her anxious state known to those around her that had once known her well. Every one of them was anxious in their own ways. While she was usually positive about most things she couldn’t see much good coming from their group being together again. Too many hurtful words had been said, they held grudges that would never fade. Betrayal’s that would last for a lifetime in their minds. Gwen’s eyes flickered briefly over to Andreas, her expression hardening ever so slightly. Too many lines were crossed. There was no way that any of them would be okay again.

If she got up and left she doubted that any of them would try to stop her. Not counting Jamarus as he would probably get annoyed that she had dragged him there only to leave. She crossed her legs and placed her palms on her lap. If she was going to be in a room with her former best friends it would be best not to let her emotions betray too much.

Why did Nia even bring them together like this? Was it in an attempt to pool information and try to find Lily themselves? If that was the case they should definitely go their separate ways again. Interfering with the law would only bring more trouble. They should just let the police do their job. If something had happened to her and she was taken poking around might make them targets as well. Or the police might think they are trying to cover their tracks and label them as suspects.

Guinevere let her eyes flutter closed for just a moment to ground herself. She could still see Lily when she closed her eyes. The way that her blonde hair shone when she twirled around in the sun. The slightly sweet scent of the perfume she was so obsessed with. The scent that was stuck to her white dress. No matter how many times she washed it, it wouldn’t fade. Her eyes shot back open quickly. That dress could probably be thrown out, it was a bit tight now. No need for it to be kept anymore.

After what felt like an eternity of them sitting there in silence, Nia spoke. Sometimes she wished that she had looser morals so that she could snap at others as easily as Jamarus did. If any of them knew where Lily was they were either responsible for her disappearance or in on it. What she hadn’t been expecting was for Jamarus to go along with the mystery inc plan. Who had seen Lily last? Gwen tensed up slightly, gripping the edge of her seat before forcing herself to relax.

“We should leave it to the police to handle things. They will be able to solve things better than we can. We should just make up some more missing person flyers” Guinevere spoke, forcing herself to relax a little.

If they started pushing each other’s buttons while trying to find someone to blame who knew what secrets would be spilled. Hurt people hurt others to defend themselves.

“We could make some re-heatable dinners for her family. To help them out a little at least.”

[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
coded by shady.

hh
[div class=container][div class=sidebar][div class=name]phoebe[/div][div class=image][/div][div class=tagscon][div class=scroll][div class=tagblock][/div][div class=tags]mood[/div] ://
[div class=tags]outfit[/div] x
[div class=tags]interactions[/div] all//
nia, jamarus, guinevere
[div class=tags]tags[/div] saccharine saccharine Lurker Lurker Grape Soda Grape Soda
[/div][/div]

[/div][div class=content][div class=scroll]phoebe eyed nia expectantly as the table sat in silence, waiting for her to say something, anything. after all, she'd been the one who'd called them all here with promises of taking any sort of action to find lilly. that was what they were here for, no? but really, what could they possibly do?

she squirmed in her seat ever so slightly. though phoebe couldn't say she hated any of them, she sure felt uncomfortable. she turned her attention back to nia as she finally spoke, breaking the heavy silence that'd been weighing on all of them. "do any of you know where she went?" i hope not, she thought, as jamarus echoed her verbally with a lot less tact. "because if any of you know where she is i'm dragging you down to the police station myself." he shot the group a glare, and phoebe glared right back.

it'd been— what, a month?— since they'd last spoken and phoebe still couldn't stand how irritatingly snide he always was. he went on, throwing a somewhat accusatory comment at nia as he continued, "i may not like most of you but I know you well enough to say that."

[div class=dialogue]"she was just trying to help, wonder boy."[/div] she scoffed, [div class=dialogue]"would it hurt to not be a pain in the ass every once in a while? like, no one asked, jeez."[/div] phoebe rolled her eyes and leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms and looking away. the jock kept going, and as he mentioned their next action phoebe had to admit it was an alright-sounding idea.

she shot him a cursory glance, then spoke up. [div class=dialogue]"same here. she did text me a week ago asking to hang out, though."[/div] phoebe hesitated, and her gaze flitted to her hands in her lap. [div class=dialogue]"i turned her down. had training."[/div] her voice went a little quieter, and phoebe tried to ignore the regret clawing at her throat. even with the hours she spent rationalising the situation, she couldn't keep out the voice in her head whispering it's your fault.

gwen chimed in, and phoebe raised an eyebrow as she suggested making dinners for lilly's family. leave it to ms. president to come up with an actually beneficial solution. [div class=dialogue]"as good as that sounds, gwen, it's not gonna get us any closer to getting our friend back, is it?"[/div] phoebe furrowed her eyebrows. she knew gwen's idea would be helpful, and probably more effective than what she was thinking of, but the idea of sitting around while lilly was just missing? she couldn't stand it. [div class=dialogue]"i don't want to just... wait for news. i don't even know what the police is doing. have they called any of us in for questioning yet, even? we knew her best. all of us."[/div] she glanced up then, giving the entire group a once-over.

[/div][/div]
♡coded by uxie♡

[/div]

[class=container] --bg-1: #faf9f9; --bg-2: #f7f4f4; --img: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/c6aedbc7ed5a459fc79a20c520de4ee5/tumblr_pytvqoCDk21y2zixgo5_250.png'); --color-1: #E09FAB; --txt: #262525; --tags: #2d2c2c; height:360px; width:480px; display:flex; flex-flow: row wrap; margin:auto; justify-content: center; [/class] [class=sidebar] width:35%; height:350px; background-color: var(--bg-2); border-top-left-radius:5px; border-bottom-left-radius:5px; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; padding:15px; box-sizing:border-box; justify-content: center; align-content: center; padding-top:25px; [/class] [class=content] height:350px; width:65%; background-color: var(--bg-1); border-bottom-right-radius:5px; bottom-top-right-radius:5px; box-sizing:border-box; padding:15px; overflow:hidden; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; color: var(--txt); font-family: 'IBM Plex Sans', sans-serif; line-height:150%; [/class] [class=scroll] height:100%; width: calc(100% + 15px); padding-right:40px; overflow-y:scroll; [/class] [class=image] height:50px; width:50px; background: var(--img); background-size:100%; border-radius:50%; margin-left:10px; margin-top:3px; [/class] [class=name] font-size:28px; font-family: 'Cedarville Cursive', display; color: var(--color-1); position:relative; top:14px; [/class] [class=tagscon] height:30%; width:100%; margin-top:3px; padding:5px; overflow:hidden; font-family: 'IBM Plex Sans', sans-serif; font-size:9px; color: var(--tags); text-align:justify; line-height:150%; [/class] [class=tags] display:inline-block; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; border:1.5px solid var(--color-1); padding:1.5px; margin-top:2px; font-family: 'Archivo', sans-serif; [/class] [class=tagblock] height:4px; width:100%; [/class] [class=dialogue] display:inline; color: var(--color-1); font-weight:bold; [/class]

[class=main] cursor: url(https://i.pinimg.com/236x/13/07/69/13076916a1585cf7a9c67c1cc85fafdd.jpg), auto!important; font-family: 'Sulphur Point', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify [/class] [class=twit] width: 400px; padding: 10px; background: white; margin: auto; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3 [/class] [class=icon] background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/236x/13/07/69/13076916a1585cf7a9c67c1cc85fafdd.jpg); background-size: 100% auto; height: 75px; width: 75px; display: inline-block; border-radius: 100%; margin-left: 10px [/class] [class=name] display: inline-block; margin-left: 10px [/class] [class=tweet1] width: 390px; height: 75px; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; border-bottom: 1px solid #e3e3e3 [/class] [class=tweet2] width: 410px; height: 75px; overflow: auto [/class] [class=tweet3] margin-right: 20px [/class] [class=notes] border-bottom: 1px solid #e3e3e3; padding-top: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; width: 390px; margin: auto [/class] [class=buttons] text-align: center; letter-spacing: 50px [/class] [div class=main][div class=twit][div class=icon][/div][div class=name]winter !
@winterwonderland

[/div]
[div class=tweet1][div class=tweet2][div class=tweet3]do any of you really think that's what she would want for us?
at the meeting

just now • ⇣⇣⇣ • saccharine saccharine Lurker Lurker Grape Soda Grape Soda Uxie Uxie

Winter sat silently as the others talked. She flinched at the sound of Jamarus lashing out. It had been so long since she had talked to any of them, she didn't really know what to say. She may have preferred the ache of missing them over the tension here, though. Thoughts of Lilly filled her head and her eyes watered. "Can we please stop arguing?" Finally she raised her head and looked everyone. She felt the familiar panic rising in her throat as she looked at everyone at the table.

"Do any of you really think that's what she would want for us? To be arguing over her?" She sighed, digging her nails into her palms to ground herself. She thought about the last time she had spoken to Lilly, "she congratulated me on winning prom queen. We didn't talk long, I was on my way to the bathroom —" to vomit, from yet another panic attack "— and when I came out I didn't see her."

"We're just kids, we're not detectives. We could get in trouble for tampering with an investigation." Coward. Admit you want to help. "But we do know her best. Maybe we could figure it out. Even just enough to give them more to work with."[/div][/div][/div][div class=notes]45k retweets 65k likes[/div][div class=buttons][/div]
milk inc
[/div][/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back