• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy By the Gods, Mortals and all that's in between!

Ferrak stood there, tapping his foot against the ground, starting to become impatient. He started walking around, clenching his fists as he went. There were alot of things he could tolerate in this world, but taking souls, keeping them, hurting them..he just wouldn't stand for it, he couldn't bare to see his beloved creations treated in such a fashion.

After about a minute he let out an extremely loud below, screaming "DAMNIT!" His fangs flashed in the sunlight.

He seemed almost out of breath after that little outburst, and looked back to Addarra, his expression significantly lighter than before.

"Well, what skills do you have you could prove useful into the republic." I say as I motion to Shinto to lower his axe and Vern steps a little closer to the man "and what is your name?"

Ruprecht stared down at the red cloth as the breathless mayor wheezed his way towards him from the edge of the field. "Has anyone been here since the hydra?" Ruprecht asked plainly, still staring down at the red cloth. The mayor gasped a few times and shook his head. "No, sir. Not that we know of." The mayor replied, stopping to gasp for breath before continuing. "Why do you ask? Is there some sort of clue you need help with?" Ruprecht sighed and reached down to pick up the red cloth, tying it to the hilt of his sword and turning to face the mayor. "No, you've been as helpful as you could possibly be, I'm assuming. I'm going to have trouble tracking the hydra however. The beast was smart. It knows of the Lantknecht and our legacy, and it covered its tracks. If anyone sees anything like it on the horizon, you all must drop everything and flee into city. This is not something even the strongest of the Lantknecht could stop without an enchanted blade. If it comes down to it and the great doors are breached, we are all lost, unless the legends are true and champions past will return to the defense of Lantknecht." The mayor gasped at this news, and shook his head in disbelief. "You're the champion, you must be able to track it somehow! We know the legends, and we know what you must be able to do!" Ruprecht laughed loudly and pointed at the ground. "All I see are the tracks of a pup, Vilkas. Nothing more. This beast is clever, but I know that it will return at some point. This much prey, with so little defense around it, is too good to pass up."

As the mayor huffed and puffed his way back towards the town, somewhat displeased by how he felt Ruprecht was lying to him, Ruprecht untied the red cloth and held it up in front of him. "This was for someone's pet, I'm willing to say. Not too many applications for a single red cloth of this size that I know of. Now, as for what happened to the pet, I'm somewhat at a loss." Ruprecht muttered to himself, staring at where the tracks suddenly stopped and furrowing his brow beneath his helmet. The wind picked up slightly, but the man encased in armor didn't notice. Unlike the weather, however, the small wolf pup staring into the village was just barely enough to catch his attention. "I might want to tell them to lock up the sheep more tightly for the night, if a pup feels it can get this close to the village without being forced. Eh, it may just be curious, like most things at that age. Hopefully it doesn't become a nuisance, like dire wolves tend to be. Too far to tell what breed it is from here, and I'm almost certain it would flee by the time I got up there." Ruprecht muttered again as he tied the red cloth back to the hilt of his sword.

'Inigs continued throwing fireballs and setting his volcanos off "Flamebane are you bored?...... yes?........want to burn stuff?" Inigs having the emery of a 5 year old at Christmas. jumped up and vortexed to see what his sister was up to

"Ferrak what are you doing he" oblivies(not noticing sorry can't spell well) to the destruction around him

Ferrak turned to Ignis, slightly stunned at him appearing out of nowhere, and brushed his hair to the side. He quickly explained to Ignis the danger of the Lich Queen hiding in the forest just in front of them, starting to get frustrated once more.

Upon taking notice of the pup on the hill it turned to stare directly at Ruprecht. It's eyes glowing blue, mesmerizing the man even from that distance. The urge to go pet the puppy came over the man in an overwhelming wash that he could scarce ignore. It was a pup after all what great harm could it do? @Maven @StoneyJr @fire master

Meanwhile in the stratosphere, an Archwizard of great power and repute levitated and marvelled at her most recent work. 2 months ago she would have never used her magic thus but things had changed greatly. Now this would surely draw them too her and that was all that she wanted.

"My name is Met. I was made with enhanced strength and reflexes. I am also adept at body guarding." He replies.

After putting the man in the dungeon, Glaliel checked for Ferrak's aura, and pin pointed it. He then shifted to the Human Realm, and appeared before Ferrak. "What is the trouble now? Your aura was fluxing heavily." He looked nervously at the new arival, checking the aura.

"ohhh uhhhh well then...." Inigs just stared at his shoes and petted Flamebane

"Ok"

Inigs was able to put out the flames before any major damage was done "the hell is going on why is this happening Ferrak?" Inigs gave a worried look to his siblings

Addarra turned to the Reyths that had assembled. "Go into the Blackwood and find the corruption. Find the Darkness, find the Lich Queen Valerica and report to me immediately. You have one week before I return here and if you do not return that forest will not stand. All within will be consumed." Addarra said a red glow emanating from her, as an aura. She turned to Ferrak once more, "Go to Queen Meredith and ask to take Henry to your realm. He must be kept safe and I fear that his Kingdom is on the verge of discovering something more sinister than the Lich Queen." The Goddess said eying the forest once more. A great explosion was felt as the planet shook with a violent force. Once the shaking stopped, a plume of ash and smoke could be seen a long distance from where they stood. The Reyths hurried into the Blackwood to do as the Goddess instructed.

"Brother, go now and take Henry to your home and return to Vallencourt." She said before fading to darkness briefly materializing over Vallencourt to make sure it still stood. She was relieved when the city she saw had only suffered damage from the violent shaking and the waves. Not from any explosion. She then faded again this time to the sight of the explosion. A massive crater was all that remained of one of the other human kingdom's capital. Tens of thousands had perished. Their city was gone, their legacy wiped from the very planet, from the records of time. Addarra grew dark, her armor going from a pure white to a pitch black. She spawned wings that were of the darkest black. An aura of pure crimson now surrounded her as her eyes changed to fiery red. She was angry, angry that this had happened on her watch. The Goddess felt the presence of a Sorceress. High in the clouds far above the crater floating was a woman. Addarra would have her revenge shortly as she flew towards this monster that had killed her followers.

((OOC: I have returned... from the land of Pasta and Pizza.. ALSO I am going to play it off as killing another kingdom. I like Vallencourt and I don't want it to die... least not yet.))

Ferrak ignored Gladiel, Ignis and Addarra, seemingly unable to hear them, staring into the sky with a deep hatred. His eyes started glowing a deep dark green, his eyes giving off a thin mist of the same colour. He took a few steps forward, some markings etched themselves into his skin around his left eye, travelling down his face, to his hand and foot. He smiled a wide grin, baring his fangs.

"Sir?" Gladiel's swords appeared at his arms ready, in case. His angelic form burned into life, his eyes bright blue. He looked at the new arrival yelling "Is he usually like this?!"

"Yes he is, just don't get in his way, he's not......aware." Inigs eyes kept flashing from amber to lava red trying to control his anger

[QUOTE="Alfons Rosales]"Sir?" Gladiel's swords appeared at his arms ready, in case. His angelic form burned into life, his eyes bright blue. He looked at the new arrival yelling "Is he usually like this?!"

[/QUOTE]
((OOC: Who is the "new arrival?" Nevermind))

Ferrak scratched away his left sleeve at the elbow with his nails that had started growing out a bit, almost forming a point at the tip, revealing some more of the markings, circles in areas with runic shapes inside. Two whirls of pitch black smoke blasted out of his back, forming a pair of black wings, but less eloquently than usual, as the back of his shirt and waistcoat was now completely ripped.

On his left shoulder blade, traversing down his left side and back under his shirt, were some more of these markings, but the circles were larger.

Ferrak let out an almighty roar that sounded like the screams of hundreds of men, women and children alike. A pitch black smoke formed behind him, looking almost like a tail, a small trail of black smoke following after it's every move. He jumped up, his wings forcing their way down through the air, sending him flying in the air.

He let out another roar, so many screams concealed inside his one below.

Inigs unable to control him self his mark appeared on his hand ( the double swirl with three dots at each end, appears on the hand he uses his sword in) his eyes flashed to the lava red and Flamebane grew 4 times in size jump up in to the air with mighty wings Ingis used his vorex of flame " shall we have some fun brother" Ingis yelled.

((OOC: You both @fire master and @StoneyJr know that Addarra is ahead of you both in going towards this sorceress... it was at the end my last post. Also for this part we should see how Avonch plays the sorceress now that we have all kinda lost it... lol))

((I'm not sure if I mentioned before, maybe I did, who know? Ferrak, when he loses his temper OR turns into his true godly form, has some slight...issues, right now he's just lost his temper thank the gods! Which is why he hasn't changed to his true form, but he also isn't thinking straight, he's almost not Ferrak anymore))

((I should probably also add, the markings covering the left side of his body do serve a pretty huge purpose to him, not sure if I'll reveal that purpose yet or not though..))

((Anyway!! If you don't mind, I'm going to put myself back in the mindset to start losing my shit ;) Hehe))

Ferrak tore through the sky, following the large plume of smoke, his large grin took up most of his face. His wings started giving off the same black smoke as his "tail" was made off, being drawn from some of the cracks and crevices between the feathers. He let out another scream that darkened midway, turning into a sick laughter, derived from the screams of many people.

His eye's started glowing both green and blue, black veins crawling their way through them, pumping a dark liquid, in place of his usual bright red blood, throughout his whole body, slowly changing the colour of all his veins. The lich queen was in his sights now, and so was his sister.

((Oh yeah, his eyes - http://th01.deviantart.net/fs31/PRE/i/2008/203/2/9/eye_20_by_darkstar797.jpg ))

Addarra swung her moon-glass sword at the Lich Queen but went flying through her. In a puff of smoke the woman disappeared. This had only been an illusion, maybe the woman had disappeared as soon as she saw Addarra or Ferrak. Who knew the truth. Addarra quickly calmed down realizing this had been a ruse. She turned her attention to Ferrak, he was dark, he was loosing control. The ramifications would be endless if he didn't calm down. The Goddess summoned as much energy as she could, taking on a white winged form, with eyes of green and hair of red. Her armor no longer seemed corrupted by anger and revenge but graced by calm and duty, as it faded from black to shining gold. Summoning all her energy she had Addarra flew into a collision course with Ferrak, wrapping her arms around him and risking everything to calm him, she and her brother together collided with the ground creating yet another crater and a massive shockwave. The expenditure of her energy caused the ground to shake upon their impact. She was exhausted and the collision with the ground had taken much energy, Addarra quickly lost conscientiousness afterwards. Her energy loss forced her body into crash mode allowing her to survive but in a suspended state so as to replenish itself. Addarra hoped that the impact had been enough to calm Ferrak.

((OOC: Like I said I want this arc to be prolonged and with us charging in... it probably wouldn't last much longer... so yeah drastic measures.))

Ferrak hit the ground with a crash, his sister lay on top of him, unconscious. He pushed her off of him and looked down at her, his laugh had turned back into a roar, a scream even. He opened up his mouth and lowered his jaws to her neck, still screaming. Ferrak's feral form was about to rip into his sister's neck, but deep inside he was still conscious, able to do but one thing to stop himself.

The conscious Ferrak caused a backlash of sorts, forcing a large amount of his power onto himself, causing his body to fly up in the air and scream one final time before smashing into the ground beside his sister. In one final, volatile attempt to save the mortals, he sent a large surge of his more primal power to Deitra, hoping she would understand what had happened. And then he was thrown into darkness, his body started to twitch but soon calmed down, the markings fizzling and fading from his body. His now unconscious body.

In the Faded Halls, Deitra felt a massive surge of power that she'd onle felt once before, once when Ferrak had changed to his true form. This time there was one slight difference, it was imbued with a slight warmth..she knew that Ferrak had lost himself, but did not know if he was okay. All she knew was that she needed to continue his work, all of it this time, and just hope that her master, her friend, would return safely.

Vahdim, feeling the absence of his mistress, the Goddess Addarra, he summons two dozen of the finest Deinmaar and opens a portal to where he felt her last. They proceeded through seeing the crater with Addarra and Ferrak lying their both unconsciousness. Vahdim quickly ordered one of the Deinmaar to open a portal to the Faded Halls and to take Ferrak there immediately as well as find Dietra and inform her of her master being incapacitated. The others he ordered to gather Addarra and to take her back to the Stronghold in her realm so she could rest in safety. He also sent one to collect young Henry from Vallencourt City and take him to the Stronghold as well. Vahdim looked around for any explanation but found none. Whatever had caused this surely had to be powerful and Vahdim didn't wait to figure it out.

Ferrak looked around, complete darkness surrounded him. He'd been here before, but didn't know where it was, another realm? Was it him? His subconscious? He didn't know, he felt the presence, that took over his body, deep inside of him, returning to whatever foul pit it slithered out from. At least he had control of..whatever this was. Black. All he could see was black.

Glaliel looked at Ferrack, and then looked at Vahdim, and yelled "I'll track the lich queen!" Glaliel, then closed his eyes,and scanned the lands searching for a disturbance. "There! I've located the queen!" Glaliel told Vahdim, "Can you help him?" Glaliel paced ready to fly, noticing the Dark disturbance was fading away. He branished his sword, and yelled "Now or Never!"

"You know, even if it does run, I'm gonna pet that pup. Might make it at least a little tamer, maybe even get it to stick around the village a bit. Or it would follow me. I don't know. I need to pet the pup." Ruprecht said loudly to the empty farm. The empty farm did not reply, mostly because it was occupied with its own inanimate nature but also because it was empty. The snow crunched underfoot as Ruprecht began walking towards the wolf pup, his hands for once not reflexively snapping towards the hilt of his sword at any random movement in his peripheral vision. He had a few flashbacks to his early years of training and the experiments that were being undertaken towards taming dire wolves and using them to guard livestock and otherwise accompany people. Unfortunately, the experiments ended poorly with the tamed wolves either reverting to their dire nature, or showing fierce loyalty to one person and attacking anyone or anything that it felt was a threat. He never tried to help with the project due to his own (correct) belief that the beasts would be too dangerous to use in any real application.

As Ruprecht approached the puppy, he slowed and held one armored hand out towards it. Once he was within arms length to the wolf he patted it a few times gently on the head, kneeling down on one knee to try and stay somewhat level with the pup. "You know, you're fairly tame it seems like. For a wolf. Not even a dire wolf, it looks like. Where'd you come from, hm? I'm not gonna get tackled by a bigger one of you, am I?" Ruprecht said calmly, resting his outstretched hand on his knee and staring at the pup critically. "I suppose a better question would be why I'm asking you these questions. It isn't exactly like you could answer, is it?" He shrugged and stared at the pup, trying to figure out why it hadn't left yet.

@GrigoriLord

The pup looked at him and said in a high voice with extra pronouncement on Rs, like a slight growl, "Ruprecht, you'd be surprised how many of the beasts you've killed could have spoken too you. You need not worry that any wolves will attack you and as for where I came from, I am a Spirit of the Wilds. I came from those wilds your people hunt for it's greatest beasts in. I hold no resentment for you, I am simply stating facts. I see you found my cloth from when I saved you and repaired your armor. Would you be so kind as to put it back on my neck?" The pup said to the man kneeling beside him. The pups eyes were blue as the purest waters at this moment. @Maven @StoneyJr @fire master

Meanwhile the Lich Queen was hightailing it out of the blackened forest sensing three nearby and frankly drained from destroying an entire village. She took all her troops and teleported to a deep cave on the other side of the planet. As she closed the portal she felt a tremor. Damn, that bitch is drawing a little too much attention to the operations of the Undead. Shortly after were three more. The Lich Queen began casting spells of hiding, stealth and disorientation for any who were trying to track her. She would have to lay low for a few days while her powers replenished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back