• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy By the Gods, Mortals and all that's in between!

Ferrak was speechless. His whole world seemingly crumbling around him. This..was all a lie?

"How...but..I.." He stuttered in his mind, unable to put a sentence together properly.

He couldn't remember any of what this voice spoke, and yet..he couldn't think of his words as lies. He despised this voice..this being...and everything to do with it. And yet..he believed it.

"No." He roared, his mind coming to a halt, "I don't care what you say..."

Images of Addarra flickered through his mind once more, as if even from here, she was trying to fight the evil for him..to save him from the darkness. The evil. The savage being that had entered him.

"no no I mean this" he takes off the small gem "this is the only fire diamond they call the others blood or lava, you know how humans are" he chuckles to him self.... his head jerking up and this longish red hair falling into his eyes " what do you mean my lady, I've only had feelings of siblings toward the other goddesses"

Last edited by a moderator:
The Noble laughed a maniacal laugh, screaming into Ferrak's mind, "YOU KNOW IT TOO BE TRUE, YOU ENTIRE EXISTANCE IS A LIE, ALL YOUR FEELINGS ARE A LIE, YOU CAN BARELY CONTROL THE RAGE OF THE MORTAL YOU ONCE WERE, I WILL DRIVE YOU INTO THE DEEPEST MADNESS AND YOU WILL NEVER SEE THE PROSTITUE TURNED GODDESS YOU CALL ADDARRA AGAIN! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!" The Noble continued to laugh as such. @StoneyJr

She blushed a little as he confessed that he had always felt just a little more for her. "Darling, I am to commit to Ferrak, he and I have a very deep connection. Now those diamonds you have, they possess more power than normal stones. They are not what you think they are. Please assemble every shard you have dealt out over time and bring them here. The Fire Aether Crystal must have shattered some time long ago and these must be its pieces." She sighed hoping this was the only crystal that had been shattered. Though the odds that the other eight were all intact was slim to none. A group of Deinmaar walked in and Vahdim carried a large emerald looking stone. "Milady this is the Earth Aether Crystal. Master Davros confirmed it himself." He said. She smiled and grew elated. One down eight to go. "Wonderful please place it in the vault we designed for them, and place the most elite there and tell Elyria to guard the vault with her life." She said. They bowed and departed with the Crystal. "See Lord Ignis, they are stones of great power, and we must find them all."

Ferrak roared, his mind fading to red. All he could see was red..A power surged through his mind, a primal power...his true form was starting to escape it's prison.

"Die die die die DIE!" Ferrak's true self screamed, his power surging now not only through his mind, but through his gaseous form. His form changed from a light blue, to the darkest green smoke..

Ferrak's true self started attacking the voice, hurting Ferrak in the process.

"Die die die! Ahhahahahaha!"

*sigh* "people are going to be unhappy but if it for you and Ferrak I well" Ignis vortexed to his domain

"Flamebane what did I just do, why must my mind get jumbled when im around women" not realizeing that the vortex wasn't fully closed and Addara heard it all

he walked down to the core to mentally gather the diamonds, " they appeared at once ok lets fix this mess he replaced the small gem at his throat and stared to rebind the other diamonds " there that should do it

looking at the armor and sword "ok I gotta find a worthy moral for this" Ignis vortexed to Carinhope

Ferrak could do nothing to stop his true self from attacking him now, weakening his mind..He was starting to fear for his life, or what was left of it..

"Please stop!" He cried out, as loud as he could, hoping to penetrate the rage that surrounded his other self, "Please!"

"Die! You all have to DIE!!" His darker self screamed out, a large surge of pure pain flying through his mind from every direction.

"Stop!..." He whimpered, starting to give up.

Everything went quiet for Ferrak, his other self zoning out of his mind. The echo of a small, quiet laugh penetrated the quiet. He looked around, white replacing the red now.

The laugh grew stronger still, a small smudge in the distance. He started drifting over to it, feeling nothing now but warmth. He could see her, Addarra, running through the field from before. His last happy moment..right there in front of him. The sun shining down, the waves crashing against the cliffs of pure white. The flowers that were literally flourishing under each and every one of her steps.

Her laughter echoed through him.

"Stop...for her.." He whispered.

Ferrak's true self stopped almost instantly, out of all that Ferrak had shouted, his whisper came through. His true self froze in place, unable to speak.

"For her.."

Ruprecht furrowed his brow beneath his helmet, desperately trying to think of an explanation for the bear's apparent sluggishness. "I'd hardly say it's sick if it was able to knock me to the ground like that. Something is... different. I shouldn't focus on that while this is still alive, though." He thought quickly, rolling to the side and beneath the beast's paws. Everything was happening at a much faster pace on his end than he was used to, between the bear struggling to even hit him and the unexpected gash he made on the bear's leg, but he wasn't going to let that get in the way of what needed to be done. Without a prayer for assistance or even a single thought of doubt, Ruprecht closed in on his adversary, lifting his blade and taking a measured swing at the beast's side. The flesh yielded a bit more easily than expected and brought the bear lower to the ground, howling in rage and agony and again lashing out at the man who caused it. Ruprecht ducked under the swinging paws and again took another swing at the bear, this time neatly cutting its shoulder down to the bone and causing yet another outburst from the bear. This one, however, proved to be its last as Ruprecht drove the blade through the bear's chest, rupturing the heart and killing the beast as it fell to the floor of the cave at Ruprecht's feet. Despite the racket the bear was creating, its killer was oddly silent, save from a few measured breaths as he stared at his hands in slight shock.

A few minutes later, Ruprecht stood at the mouth of the cave he just fought in, staring up towards the peak of the mountain where he thought his adversary, the hydra, laid in wait. The skin of the bear, still wet and in places matted with blood, was wrapped around is neck like a cloak. "I'll have to cure this once I get back to Lantknecht. Hopefully the temperatures here preserve the meat long enough for me to send someone out here to get it." He mused, picking a likely looking path and walking up towards the peak and his second battle with the beast that threatened his people and the people they protected. He was more confident than before, mostly due to his new strength, but also because he finally killed a bear with enough skin that he could make a decent cloak.

Addarra's ears burned as she hear Ignis' more private thoughts in regards to him being around women... she kind of laughed a little at the thought of her making him feel... warmer than usual. She put those aside when Queen Solyria, Vizier Harkon and Arch Wizard Atyra walked into the Council Chamber and bowed to her speaking in unison "My Goddess we have come at your request" they said together. Standing there letting the armor catch the rays of the sun the trio waited for their patroness to speak. "Welcome to my realm." She said. She filled them in on the disappearance of Lord Ferrak a little over a year before. This came as no surprise as his worshipers had all felt it. When she mentioned the quest to find the Crystals of the Aether, their ears seemed to stand to attention as they absorbed the knowledge she was telling them about.

The bare meat of the dire bare laid cold and freezing against the floor of the ice cave. The serpentine Lord of the mountains slithered forward grabbing the freezing carcass and sliding it down into the not so shallow cave. What had appeared to be a wall of frozen stone was simply a sheet of ice erected on one of the many entrances to the Hydra's lair. The creature had been sleeping, healing itself when this racket had drawn it near. The man from the village was still alive and much more powerful now, the Hydra thought of a way to distract the man from it's trail but realized if the man was fooled by the sheet of ice used on this entrance, he wouldn't figure out any of the sheets protecting the other entrances. The creature took the bear meat into it's lair and replaced the sheet on the entrance it came from. It devoured the meat quickly, it's final head nearly fully healed. The man could pick any cave he wanted, he would not find an open entrance into the cavernous tunnels the Hydra called home.

Ignis arrived in Carinhope "ok where is he" looking for one of the few humans he could stand well part human, " he's lucky he part wolf" using the small whistle that they created together that only the both could hear no matter the distance. "yes" Ethan Allyssion ** tall, tan skinned, black raven hair, piercing green eyes, Wolf form is dark storm grey.** "hello I have a little gift for you, we maybe needing help" Ingis gives him the long sword and armor " you know your giving this to a wolf right" " yes but you are human during battle some time remember the great war before I slept" "yes, I know, you made this? this better be good, you control fire" " its the best you could ask for" " well thank you he place the sword at his belt and the armor in the small yet roomy bag.

Ignis when back to his domain and grabbed the gem, "this better work" he vortexed back to Addarra " here you go my lady"

@Maven

Last edited by a moderator:
A scant hour later, Ruprecht stared numbly into yet another shallow cave, this one being the highest available on the mountain. "No, this can't be how this ends. I failed, and the beast has already fled. Fled for parts unknown to cause endless havoc because no one can stop it. For all I know, it's already destroyed Lantknecht and declared that its new lair. Skyweaver save us, I hope it hasn't breached the Necropolis." Ruprecht said sullenly, sinking to his knees in the snow and turning his head towards the other mountain that held his home city. There wasn't any sort of sign that anything had changed, but from this distance he couldn't be entirely sure that he wasn't too late to save his line from going down in history as being the last and worst champion of the Lantknecht. He stayed like this for a while, staring quietly at his home from the top of a mountain that held no manner of hydra that he could see, until the snow built up on his armor and the cold began biting once more at his joints. The sun began its slow descent from the apex of its path towards the horizon, as dotted with trees and mountains as it was, while Ruprecht too made his slow descent towards the ground from the peak.

Another hour later, Ruprecht ducked into the cave he stayed the night in before. Mostly he wanted to try and see if he could wait out the current little snowstorm that was whipping its way across the mountain, but he also figured he could grab the bear's corpse and carry it back to his home (or whatever happened to be left of it). When the corpse failed to appear in the same place he had left it before, Ruprecht became slightly suspicious. "This was probably the only one of this bear's kind on this mountain. The closest village is just outside Lantknecht as well, so this couldn't be a thief for how far they'd have to carry that beast. What could have happened to this corpse I left?" He thought, staring at the ground through his helmet with brows furrowed. In the dim light still available in the cave, he saw blood smeared towards the rear wall of the cave, but they didn't seem to stain the wall itself, nor did they pool at the end of it either. In his critical observation of the bloodstains, something else finally struck Ruprecht as being odd about the shallow cave. Namely, that a cave as small as the one he currently stood in wouldn't have such harsh angles between the sides and the rear wall. Something clicked finally, and Ruprecht roared with laughter, staring at the icy rear wall of the cave he was standing in. "Very clever, beast. Very clever indeed. You made one mistake, though, when you dragged the carcass instead of picking it up. If you truly wanted to stay hidden, you should have put a bit more effort into it." Ruprecht yelled, picking up his blade and flicking his wrist. The blade became a large, wicked looking pick, and Ruprecht began chipping away at what he thought to be a wall of stone that turned out to be a wall of ice.

As Addarra finished informing the trio, Queen Solyria spoke. "The Crystal of Aether known as Light, resides in my nation. It is housed at the top of our Temple of Light." She said calmly. Awe struck her two companions and the Goddess. "I will have my Deinmaar retrieve the Light Stone and bring it here for safe keeping. That will make three." Addarra said smiling that things were already going rather well. The Rogue entered the room from where he had been, he simply nodded before sitting. Addarra looked at the others and spoke, "We will find the Crystal of Darkness next, This one holds much darker energies and will be found in the Necropolis of Tyrcine. The Lich Queen Valerica resides there with her minions. A dangerous force to be reckoned with. We will take the Crystal and if we can kill Valerica for the last time." She said with half smile. Atyra's face grew very dark at the mention of the Lich Queen. The woman that had influenced one of her mentors to kill her other mentor, forcing Atyra to kill her as well. She would make sure she was the one to kill her. As she stood her armor became white with gold symbols on it this time. "I believe we should go ahead and head to the Necropolis, the Deinmaar under Vahdim will take care of the Light Crystal and when Lord Ignis returns they will take the Fire Crystal as well." With a small step forward she transported the others to the abandoned human city of Tyrcine under which the Necropolis rested. An eery fog seemed to form throughout the city, and rest lazily. Each person was wearing their garments or armors wielding their weapons of choice. This was going to be the beginning of some quest that bards would sing of for centuries to come.

The beast finally escaped it's gravity well prison at the center of the universe and finally awoke. The entire universe shuddered as it shook itself into awareness. The Gods would tremble at the sight of this beast, and die with it's wrath. The strange creature disappeared and the Gods felt a strange pang as their ability to destroy that which they create waned.

Ferrak's gaseous form drifted through the vast emptiness of creation, a dark green, and light blue colour fighting in small swirls all over the main body. His mind was in a constant battle between Ferrak and...the monster that shared his body.

He could sense Addarra..she was so far away from him..yet she felt so close, within arms reach.

"Addarra.." He whispered, trying with everything he had to call out to her from wherever he was, "I..love.....you.."

Each and every word he tried to shout pained him, his true self getting a sick pleasure from his whimpers, his weakness.

"She's going to die too....they're all going to DIE!" His true self cackled maniacally, poking and prodding Ferrak with surges of his primal power.

Ferrak was weakening..decaying...his mind would soon be lost to his true self.

As the party walked through the city, no sounds but those of the wind and the crunching underfoot could be heard. The sky was rather dim and cloudy, the sun was beginning to set. "I believe it would be best if we made shelter one of these old homes for the night, and start fresh in the morning." Solyria said calmly. She pointed to one of the least dilapidated homes just off from where they had teleported in. The rest including Addarra agreed and made their way into the house, checking the rooms to see if they were empty, and of course they were. They barricaded the windows and doors and went into the basement and made a small fire to cook the food they had. They began to just rest while talking to one another of their great deeds and their times.

Nisil sat near the fire for a few minutes, listening to the others speaking, laughing. But he felt no connection to them, he was only here for one reason, and that was to save the being that had saved him so many years before..

He took a quick drink of wine that he had with him, a very special wine. It was made from the fruit of an extremely rare vine, a grape vine located on a tree, a one of a kind tree..

Many years ago, so many years ago, Ferrak created this tree, this oh so large tree, specifically for Nisil, it's vines bared fruit that prevented a sickness from taking hold. A sickness that had plagued Nisil's family for generations. The small sip of this wine sent a surge of warmth through his quickly cooling body, renewing his energy.

Nisil stood up, placing the bottle back into his bag, and walked over to the staircase, taking a seat underneath the stairs in the shadows, peering out at the others.

Addarra noticed how Nisil had gone, she laughed a little while longer before walking over to where he sat on the stairs. She sat next to him. "I miss him to you know," she said trying not to cry. "I want you to know that I am very grateful you agreed to come and help me on this quest. It is really much appreciated." She continued. Solyria was talking about the time when she cleared a dungeon full of enemy wraiths and an undead Arch Wizard about a decade before this when her two companions were still really young. She was thoroughly enjoying herself and making hand motions and the like. A sudden flash in the corner of the room revealed Ferrak's Bearers. Addarra lit up and quickly crossed the distance kneeling before them before standing. Another flash revealed a half dozen of her Reyths followed quickly by a final flash revealing A group of Human warriors from Solyria's realm. "I am glad all of you could make it." She turned to the others. "I sent for reinforcements because this is a Necropolis with a Lich Queen that nearly slew a quarter of the Vallarian Army. They are here to assist us on this leg of our journey," she said looking at the pleased faces of the others. Solyria's men quickly joined her and began to drink and enjoy themselves breaking into a Kodoukuan song. The Reyths vanished and reappeared throughout the house taking up sentry like positions. Addarra rejoined Nisil and just sat there.

The nine Bearer's squealed happily at the sight of Addarra, swarming her and gibbering happily, their eyes almost like a crescent moon on it's side. They jumped around her for a few seconds longer before noticing Nisil sitting in the corner. Whilst they didn't know much about him, they'd seen him enough to know he was Ferrak's friend, and so showed him the same courtesy, swarming him and gibbering happily, each trying to pat him, their only real way to say hello.

Nisil sat in the corner as the reinforcements appeared, staring over without any emotion, until he was swarmed by a group of nine coloured Bearers. They tried to pat him, jumping past eachother in their excitement. He tried to swat them away, as if they were an annoyance, whilst inside feeling a joy he hadn't felt in a long time. He felt closer to Ferrak whilst they swarmed him.

Soon the Bearers left him alone, Addarra returning and sitting next to him.

"We'll get him back." He said, straight forward, his voice slightly rough.

Ignis realizing that she wasn't there "Well might as well go to Ferrak" Ignis vortexed to Ferraks domain

@Maven

Users who are viewing this thread

Back