• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy By the Gods, Mortals and all that's in between!

"Milady! Please wake up," Vahdim cried waking his mistress from her slumber. "W... what is it that you must wake me?" She inquired. He was pale and looked terrified which was not a good sign. "Milady, some undead creatures are said to have attacked a village in the realm of the Kingdom of Vallaria..." Addarra immediately faded into the shadows and appeared in the gilded throne room of Queen Meredith. The room was filled with Councillors, Guards and Sorcerers. The Queen was upon her throne with young Henry next her and her husband. Meredith rose to her feet and quickly crossed the distance to the Goddess. A pocket had formed in the crowd when this woman (Addarra) appeared out of a shadowy mist. "My dear, you have arrived!" Meredith said with an expression of relief crossing her face. "What happened? I heard a village was attacked this night." Addarra said taking the hands of the Queen in hers. Worry crossed the Goddesses face as did relief in knowing that her friend was safe.

"Yes, a group of undead, we aren't really sure what kind other than they were lead by a powerful Lich, our scholars belief it is the bound soul of Queen Valerica" Addarra knew that name. It belonged to a Queen long ago here in Vallaria. She had been styled as Queen Valerica the Dark. She had brought an end to the freedoms during the Golden Age, nearly eradicated the Elves and Dwarves. The Elves retreating to the Arboreal Kingdoms and the Dwarves to seek refuge with none other than the Goddess. By a stroke of luck, Valerica had been killed in a Sorcery experiment gone wrong. She had tried to not only achieve immortality but also revive her dead son and husband. She failed and disappeared in a green explosion that had nearly destroyed the Old Capital of Sentinel. "You cannot be serious. She died many centuries ago, nearly taking Sentinel with her." Addarra said a look of worry crossing her face. "Those that were said to have laid eyes upon the Lich said it was a spitting image of Queen Valerica, our scholars and sorcerers also believe that her soul had been bound and it had taken four centuries to be able to materialize. We have had reports for some time that there were undead in the Black Woods but every time we sent scouts they never returned. Please Addarra we beseech you to aide us in this dark time." Queen Meredith said dropping to her knee with all the grace she could muster. Quickly everyone in the room followed their Queen and was kneeling before the Goddess pleading for help. "I will help you, but not just as your Goddess but also as a friend," Addarra said picking Meredith up and helping her to her feet. She looked into the Queen's eyes and said "My old friend I must go and prepare for this. Stay within your walls and at night close your gates, double the guard wish me luck." Addarra said embracing the Queen as she nodded. Addarra disappeared into the shadows and traveled rapidly to the realm of Avonch. @GrigoriLord She appeared in a front of a large throne.

OOC: Most Lich's are guys so I thought a twist to that was in order... hence this is a Lich Queen. That is if you're down with that.

lich_queen_by_adriandadich-d6t9g1n.jpg

Vyork lit his own figure up and revealed himself to be a dragon. "I am not someone to have concerns for, that is all you should know." He stepped forward and lowered his head towards Glaliel. "Can you explain why you fell from the sky, obviously you are no mere mortal am i correct?" Vyork continued to approach Glaliel and smiled, as much as a dragon could anyway. "If i am correct you should not be on this planet in the first place."

He stopped a few feet from Glaliel and leaned forward. "I have dealt with other beings like you before, so don't try and trick me."

Glaliel looks at him, and with a calm face, replies "I am like no other you have seen. I have watched this planet, however one of your Gods kept me in the darkness for so long. I will find the truth. Well to answer your question, I am what you would call an angel, or a demon. Both." He looked at the man, and said, "Run!" Glaliel bolted through the trees, pulling his swords out. As he ran through the woods he thought to himself, "No... They can't be here already." However his fears were confirmed, he saw a group of them feasting upon a child.

The large, black, boulder like mass started to tremble ever so slightly, a crack seeming to form through the centre of it. It rose into the air, coming apart at the crack and revealing some large, jagged crystaline rocks inside. Behind the jagged rocks seemed to slither something organic. A tongue!

The large mass was in fact a mouth, a pair of eyes opening up just behind it a little. Each eye was a deep shade of red, accented with slivers of orange, a small almost piercing black pupil located at the centre of each. The large creature rose it's head into the air, revealing the rest of it's body, standing tall, almost as if proud. This, was Wilhelmina.

She was a large, black, dragon-like creature, easily over 240 feet in length from head to tail, and standing at a colossal 100 feet in the air. Though she was mostly black in colour, she had accents of deep purple about her body. She possessed four, thick, strong legs and a large tail. Her mouth lined with razor sharp, almost crystaline like, pinkish-purple teeth, and a long forked tongue of a slightly lighter purple than that of the accents covering her body.

She had long, serated horns on her head and two on her front leg's shoulder blades, smaller more jagged horns flowing down her back to the tip of her tail. The entirety of her back and tail was covered in an impregnable, black armor plating that slid down to her ribcage, merging into a tough hide throughout her underbelly.

Wilhelmina looked down at Ferrak, her piercing gaze that was able to instill fear unto any mortal, bringing back any and every memory of fear and pain throughout that mortals entire life.

Alas, when her eye caught sight of the intruder, her deep red gaze lightened to that of a mix of light and dark blues. She purred, or at least did the closest thing a creature of that size could could manage to purring, and moved closer, opening her mouth as wide as she could, and.......

Yawned.

((Man..this one took a long time to write, especially when I got bombarded with so many messages, my notifications stopped working half way through it and suddenly, BANG! T-T This post holds a special place in my heart now.))

Last edited by a moderator:
During his looking around Met notices the ten towering golems working on the castle walls. The sight made him recall his past duties of guarding the old mage. Sometime he would send Met to the lower regions of the mage's tower to check on his golems. They were used almost exclusively for manual labor, but a special few were given guard duty for precious items the old man needed protection for. "Brothers?" He says in a questioning tone as he recalled days long gone. No, these ten were different. They were larger and looked more powerful than his old construct bretheren. Was the owner of this castle a mage too? What if there was a reason he was put here after all? He wasn't sure, but he simply hoped the working golems woudn't see him as a threat and attempt to smash him to pieces. Despite their differences he always felt a type of kinship with other magic and mechanical creations.

"You said you'd be back sooner.." A voice echoed through Ferrak's mind as he stood in front of the mighty creature, it was quite a deep voice, yet somehow childishly spoken.

"I am ever so sorry, my love." He chuckled, his voice traversing through the cavern along with each breath of the creature in front of him, "But I am here now, and do hope you forgive me."

Wilhelmina lowered her snout, brushing the tip of her nose against Ferrak, closing her beautiful, calm eyes and purring once more.

"I'll always forgive you.." The voice rang in his mind, almost mesmerizing him.

Ferrak stood there, his hand gently stroking Wilhelmina's snout as she purred towards him, a warm smile on his face. She opened up her eyes, looking straight at Ferrak.

"Is it time to go up again?" She asked, almost excitedly, looking up into the darkness of the enormous cavern.

"Yes, my love. It is time I brought you up from your deep slumber." He replied.

Glaiel flew over the canopy, and with a crack of light he was going faster than the eye could see. He looked at this land, and was disappointed, however he looked for the God he would serve. He is a soldier, looking for the truth. His Truth. However his journey across the lands was soon to end, as he landed in the outskirts of a village, and he walked in.

It was quiet, no movements were heard. He pulled his swords out, and was ready at the guard. Glaliel spotted the body of a child, and he approached it slowly. When he was 10 feet from the corpse, it opened his eyes, and lunged at him. Glaliel yelled as it sank its teeth into his shin, and he swept his sword, and the child, no it wasn't a child, the thing's head fell to the floor. Suddenly he heard movements all around him, and he burst into blue flame, assuming his angelic form.

Inigs puts the finishing touches on the sword and hangs it up next the armor till he gives it to some one. "Flamebane come" Inigs jumps up and yells " Avonch need any thing made in the binary system? I'm in the mood to make something BIG!!!!" Inigs runs up the door to the exit of the volcano and throws a fireball for Flamebane to go after

Glaliel branished his angelic longsword, and swept through the crowd of.... zombies, that was what his database told him. With a blur all undead were cut limb from limb, with one remaining. He took it by the arm, and his light spread to the creature, and the creature seemingly was absorbed. With a flash of lightning, he was gone, flying through the sky, looking for anyone alive, using his aura vision, looking some someone.... Anyone...

"Please, my love, climb upon my back, and I shall take you home." Wilhelmina spoke softly, lowering her snout for Ferrak to climb on.

"You are too kind, me precious." Ferrak grinned, climbing on her nose, making his way to the top of her head, and seated himself against one of the larger horns on her head.

Wilhelmina raised her head into the air, standing tall and proud, and started moving forwards up the enormous pathway that Ferrak had traversed. Her back legs and tail were finally able to move, dust and smaller rocks tumbling to the floor, as she stood up completely, her entirety taking up most of the cavern just from standing. She stared into the darkness before starting forwards, one of her larger, jagged horns, catching on the roof of the path which Ferrak couldn't even see when he entered.

The two made their way to the entrance of the cavern, bursting out into the flat, open area outside, the suns light blocked out by the mountains. Wilhelmina let out a ferocious roar that echoed for miles, letting everyone in the realm know she was coming home.

Hearing a roar that stretched through the land, Glaliel pin pointed the sound, and immediatly flew in that direction, in a light blue blur, with firey red eyes. He eventually flew to a stretch of mountains, and viewed a dragon, mighty and bold, with a figure riding it. Glaliel flew beside the head of the beast, and he said "Who are you?"

((Fair enough, fair enough, then let's continue!))

Ferrak looked over at the flying being, a confused expression crossed his face. Wilhelmina tilted her head, getting a better look at the intruder, growling. Ferrak stroked her horn, trying to calm her down.

"I might ask you the same question." He growled slightly, a thin grey mist forming around his feet, "How, may I ask, did you get into my realm?"

((To clarify, a god's domain is a faraway planet nearly inaccessible by mortals and immortals without the express permission of a god, even a space ship can't penetrate the surrounding radiation and still function. So it's more likely that you somehow rode a freed spirit from one the undead you killed then actually came to the domain yourself. After all different "realms" are different planets, separated by light years of empty space, just like our normal universe))

((Glaliel is a celestial being, he is one of the God's soldiers, but he is looking for him/her))

"I am Glaliel, I am what humans call Angels. I have lost my way, trapped in Limbo for as long as I can remember. I am looking for a God to serve. I heard the beast's roar, and I shifted unto this realm. Please forgive me. You must be a God. "

Glaliel kneels before him, and shifts into his Pure Form. He looks up at this God, and mutters, "Who are you? Where am I? What can I do for you?"

((Glaliel can shift through dimensions, or realms))

((If he can't remember anything, I doubt he remembers the extremely complex spell to teleport to a place that he hasn't seen before. Something the gods even have problems doing. I think it may be best for you to take my explanation because there is only one realm. And I very much doubt he is celestial because even the gods don't fit under that definition))

Ferrak's expression changed to a more passive one, a small smile crossing his face.

"I see.." He spoke a little softer.

The mist around Ferrak's feet shot up in two columns behind his back, seeming to latch onto his shoulder blades before leaping into the air, forming a pair of black wings that lightened at the tips. He jumped into the air and hovered above Wilhelmina, who was still growling, her gaze had turned a dark orange colour.

"My name is Ferrak Duskwalker, guardian of the Faded Halls, I am He Who Judges, Shadowed Companion to mortals and immortals alike!" He bellowed, his wings spreading out as far as they would reach, his eyes glowing a bright blue colour, "I am he who has brought life to this realm and every other, Keeper Of Souls for those who have passed on."

Wilhelmina roared into the air as Ferrak bellowed his last words, scratching at the ground with one of her feet, her eyes starting to turn a slight reddish colour.

"And this, my friend," Ferrak smiled, showing his teeth, "Is my humble abode."

((Well, he doesn't forget "everything" but he is a servant of a god, and, he is like. Ok he isn't Celestial, but something...))

"My apologies. I will leave. I have buissness to attend to. "

Glaliel assumes his angelic form, and with a bolt of lightning, disapears. When he returnes to... someplace, he flies over the sky, searching. At long last he reaches a town, bustling of life. He lands a little far from it, and changes to his human form. He walks in and leans against a wall.

Ferrak laughed out loud to himself as he calmed back down, eyes losing their glow, wings fading, and took his seat back against Wilhelmina's large, jagged horn.

"You're such a show-off." She laughed, her eyes also returning to their original shade.

The two continued walking along the barely living grass of Ferrak's plane, soon to arrive back at the Faded Halls. Ferrak smiled, thinking about how easily that being entered his domain.

"I shall have to keep an eye on him.." He thought to himself.

Addarra stood at the entrance to her brother's realm once again. This time though she was not clad in a dress of night silks but rather in her battle armor. "Brother!" She called out time and time again. His guardians stood watching her silently. The Goddess needed to speak with her brother. If this Lich Queen was raising the dead and using necromancy then he would surely know or something. Life and Death were his domain after all. "Ferrak!" She called out again.

1308375970_pointed_gold_by_len_yan-d3c508j.jpg

Of course, Ferrak was not at his Halls right now, but as his sister stood at the entrance calling for him, an unfamiliar female voice spoke calmly, but echoed throughout the hallways.

"Come in, Addarra." The voice spoke softly, almost motherly, "You do not have to stand at the entrance, you are after all, my master's sister."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back