• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy After The War (1x1 with Saffron_Majesty)

"I appreciate that. Trust is never easy." Anthony agreed, nodding. "You don't need to do anything just stand still."Anthony said slowly raising his hands to Rayvin's face. He put his thumbs on Rayvin's temples and wrapped his hands the rest of the way around to the back of Rayvin's hands where his fingers meshed. Anthony closed his eyes and then began to shudder hard and his breath became panting inhales and shaky exhales. The episode ended as abruptly as it had begun and immediately Anthony's eyes shot open shining super bright orange beams like spotlights into the sky and Rayvin became temporarily paralyzed as Anthony entered Rayvin's nervous system. The big man took a deep breath and felt around, finding connections in Rayvin's brain and respiratory systems that were choked. He focused on these locations, letting the raw power of his connection to the universal flow fill and expand the choke points past what they ever could have been through normal training. As Anthony forced the energy into Rayvin's system, her irises began to faintly glow orange like Anthony's, and a massive tornado began to form in the clouds above the two supers. Anthony wasn't done so he continued to flood Rayvin's shutdown power system with energy. By the time he was almost down the tornado had touched down around the two who were unaffected. Not as much could be said for the surroundings however as the now category three torrent of wind was pulling up smaller trees and tossing them like toothpicks. Anthony finished, opening the channels in Rayvin's peripheries as a final touch and he let go, the two slumped to the floor and the tornado retracted from the damaged area back into the sky. "You should be able to use your power at will now." Anthony said between massive inhales.

Rayvin also gulped for air as she fell to the ground. What just happened?? "What did you do??" She sounded alarmed. Those few moments of paralysis had startled her. Nothing felt terribly different however. The only thing she noticed was that she had more clarity in her senses. "And what was that?!" She said gesturing up to they sky with an open-faced hand. There was a freaking tornado and they were still okay?? She managed to inhale a puff of dust that the tornado had picked up and stopped in her tracks. The next minute, she was coughing up a lung and wiping her eyes as they watered.

Everything that had just happened made no sense! She backed up and started to slowly pace as she cleared her airway. "What the actual..."

"I opened up your connections. The part of your artificial nervous system that connects your respiratory system to your powers is what I targeted. I basically opened up the freeway in your body for more power." Anthony said. His icy shackles had now melted enough for them to break and as a result the big man landed flat on his back with a huge thump. "I also took a moment to enhance your peripheral pathways. So you should be able to hear, smell, taste, see, and feel things with more accuracy and sensitivity. You should be noticeably stronger and faster as well." Anthony said, still out of breath. "The crown jewel will be your powers though." Anthony told Rayvin. "Push your hand straight out in front of you and pretend to be pushing a very heavy object that doesn't want to move. BE careful though, your throttle is already wide open." Anthony instructed.

“You can do all of that?” She looked up at him in amazement. Her vision was clearer and the sounds she was hearing were so much sharper! And the smell! “Did.. this place always smell.. sweet?” She took a deep breath through her nose now and looked around.

"Yes I can but now I'm exhausted." Anthony said with a chuckle. "Now like I said. Push out with one hand and pretend you're pushing against a heavy object that you can't move. Don't push too hard at first because I said before, your path ways are a max power output." Anthony told Rayvin from the ground, rubbing his now tired eyes.

“Here goes..” she stepped back and turned to face the other way. She imagined a large rock in front of her and did as he instructed. Her hand went forward and with it followed a gust of wind that sent a line of dirt spraying into the air.

Rayvin jumped back and stumbled over her own feet. After landing on her back side, she looked back at the dirt in aweAnd then back to Anthony. “Whoa...”

Anthony exploded with laughter wen Rayvin said woah. "You are strong. That little breeze you just made isn't even a fraction of your power. And now with your energy channels open, you should be able to do some incredible things." Anthony congratulated. "I think I can now sell the idea of us going on a journey much better. I'll just have to train you along the way." Anthony said hapilly, rolling onto his side to face Rayvin. "Before we go back to the bunker, just test your basic functions. Jump as high as you can and then come over here and give me your tightest handshake." The big man said, clumsily getting to his feet.

Without question now, she lowered herself some to jump. Rayvin felt a rising sensation of pressure around her feet and as she jumped, she sprung into the air a several feet all too easily. She hadn't been expecting to go high at all and flailed in the air. Her landing was a bit wobbly but she managed to stick it. Then as she ran over to him, she reached out for his hand and looked up at him in excited wonder.

"Very nice. Now I will test your strength." Anthony said gripping Rayvin's hand, his own hands feeling like they were made of steel. "Squeeze as hard as you can." Anthony instructed excitedly.

She gripped his hand and squeezed as hard as she could. There was a slight tremble to her hand until she felt a pop under her grip. Her hand quickly whipped away from his and she looked down at them. She’d only popped a knuckle but it surprised her how easily she could do that.

Anthony chuckled softly with pride in his eyes as he looked down at Rayvin. "I really did it this time." He said, his chuckle elevating to a full laugh. "I was engineered to be very strong so that I could contain the flow of energy in my body. So while you didn't come close to hurting me, that is one of the strongest handshakes I've ever felt. When I and others went by code name, there was a super named Grand from the second. Like me he manipulated energy flow. Your shake is very close to his and he is the strongest person I ever shook hands with." Anthony explained, his eyes reflecting awe.

She too looked at her hands in awe. “You said I can control it though, right? I’m not going to accidentally hurt someone?” She looked up for reassurance. The wind picked up again, kicking the dust up around them. She started to imagine what would happen if she let another burst like before happen inside the bunker..

Anthony sighed and put his hands on his hips. "Its going to be hard. But as long as you stay calm you'll be fine. Additionally, there isn't enough space and air volume to make a tornado like that in a bunker. If it makes you feel better, you can stay in the containment room until we leave. That ay everyone is safe. Then when we get outside I can train you." Anthony offered.

“Oh... that’s not very comforting.” She furrowed her brow again and frowned some. “What if I do though? What will your boss do?” She asked worriedly.

Last edited:
Anthony scratched his head. "She would probably want you to leave." He said contemplatively. "But if you stay in the containment cell until we leave then it should be fine." Anthony said concluded out loud.

Rayvin nodded and accepted his conclusion but not without some resemblance of pouting. She wasn’t a huge fan of being enclosed so deep underground.

She looked around and saw the devastation around them too. “Ah, I’m sorry about your favorite spot..”

Trees has been toppled over or stripped of their leaves and smaller branches. The ground had some new pits and divots and grass had been removed from a fair amount of ground around them.

"I know that being in a cage is one of the most difficult things we face. I would rather be torn apart on a weekly basis than to be trapped somewhere like I was for half my life, only released to lay waste to countries and commit war crimes." Anthony said looking off in the distance with a sorrowful look in his eyes.

"And don't worry about this spot. It will heal, and I will help it do so." Anthony comforted, returning himself to his now usual smile.

She nodded and looked down at the ground again. "Well... What now?" She asked him as she kicked a small piece of ice. "Can we go talk to your boss?" She had to wipe her hair out of her face again and lean her head away from the wind.

Last edited:
Anthiny smiled and walked closer to Rayvin. "I will go talk to the boss." He said. "You should head back to the containment room. When I finish talking to her ill come down and bring you some dinner." Anthony told Rayvin. The day had stretched on and it was now late afternoon.

She nodded and then asked, "Is there a place I could clean up?" She dusted her shirt off, creating a small cloud of dust. There was a new sense of content with her. She stood more confidently and like her strength had returned. "I'm assuming I can't come with you.."

anthony chuckled. "Yeah you can't come with me. There's a shower in the utility room on the same floor as containment. Just ask the members for help down their and they'll get you set up there." Anthony Intructed, turning on his heel toward the bunker. "Race ya." He said tauntingly, the wind blowing leaves and grass away around him as he took of at a blinding pace.

She couldn’t wait to get in the hot shower. His abrupt challenge caught her off guard and her jumpstart ended up making her stumble before she got her feet under her.

Her legs felt tight as she ran Which caused her to stop halfway. She was feeling a cough coming on so she stopped and cleared her throat. Maybe next time..

She watched him take off and felt the drive to join but her body wasn’t quite up to par yet. She was feeling more tired now more than anything.

Anthony could hear that Rayvin wasn't following him and turned on his heel, throwing up a spray of dirt. He sprinted back to her side and stopped making another spray behind the two. "Sorry, I forgot that you're still recovering. I bet you a month from now we'll be covering a lot of ground and you'll be in shape." Anthony reassured Rayvin smiling and adjusting to her pace of walking.

"It's alright." She panted a little. "A month? I hope so." She dusted herself off again and sighed. As they walked she couldn't help but look up at the sky again. It was nice to be out in the open. She could feel the breeze blow up her back again and twist the ends of her hair. "Thank you for bringing me out here.. and for helping me."

"Of course. I would do anything." Anthony said proudly. "Also a month I think is reasonable. If you weren't so degraded by being still and isolated it might would only take two weeks. Our bodies handle things much faster than a human. Our metabolism also keeps pace with our healing so I imagine that you'll start becoming very hungry today or tomorrow and it will likely be that way until you've fully healed." Anthony informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back