Zombie rp planning thread (closed)

@ Dakup, it's at the bottom of your post, where it says more options next to reply at the bottom right corner, hover over it and it will say throw dice. When I post this I'll click it and let you guys see what it looks like. 
Though, I'm thinking maybe when it says what for, we actually give the reason where throwing the dice and to be more fair, you have a total of three dice rolls if you don't like the one you got. For instance, if you don't want to be bitten, you have three chances to not be bitten or get sick. 
The third dice roll will be what you go with though

Well, if you roll once and like your roll, you don't have to roll again and you can keep that number. If you don't like that roll, then you can roll your second number. If you are okay with that, then you can keep it, though if you don't, you can roll your third number. Your third roll your stuck with no matter if you like it or not. Make sense?

I think we need to flesh this system out though if everyone is okay with it. Like for instance, what we would roll for.

We have if your character gets bitten, whether they get sick or not and if they do, when they start feeling better if they get better. Maybe we can have a system of hit points that you would need to keep track at the bottom of your post. We can determine hp by roll, you roll 3 times total and the total number is your starting hit points. Then when we go into combat, to make it more realistic, you would roll to see if your weapon hit, and then you would roll to see what your damage to the foe was.

So, since your character's a doctor, he would be able to heal the group members and they would roll to see how many hit points they got back. I don't know if this is a bit too complicated or not though, so we'll do majority rules if we go for this, or just the original ideas without hit points. I just think this would be easier so there wouldn't be any god modding.

Example:

Total HP: 12

Current HP: 8 
I'm thinking that if we do do this, then there could be a leveling system that we would come up with that when we level up we can get more HP

I really like that idea. It sounds really fun. Just if a person is swinging their weapon at a zombie, you know its gonna get hit. So maybe not the dice for if it will hit, but for the damage.

I do wish that everyone that signed up would reply to this thread because if they don't then they can't complain if they don't like something that's going to happen to it and I really don't want people to drop out because of it, but if they do then I can reopen the sign ups with what we add so people who join will know.

I agree that we should do that. but to make it a little bit more simple to understand. In other words we roll, to see if we get bit, if we roll a odd, we get bit, or is it how many HP we take off, and if your character is a doctor, then they can just roll to heal the sick. I was thinking, my character is a grease monkey, so I could roll for different like say something breaks, so I could roll to see if something is fixed.

Exactly, ^_^ . And if we're mixing the two together, then if you get bit it's going to kill you, which turns you into a zombie, so yeah. And yes you can have those rolls ^_^ . Then again, the whole you get bit you die doesn't seem fair since that's an instant kill, so yea, if you get bit, you roll again for the damage you take.

Okay, I just messaged the others to tell them to give their opinions on this and exactly ^_^ . Also, I'm thinking so we can get more HP, we level up. I'm not sure how that would work, but I'm thinking, essentially every time you level up, you roll the dice and add that total to your overall HP. And I'm also thinking every 5 levels, you'll get an extra dice to roll for damage. Also, guns, would need an accuracy dice to see if you hit, only if you aren't experienced with guns. Like in my post, how my character used a gun, essentially, I would have had to roll to see if my gun missed or hit, and then rolled for the damage and take those numbers and roleplay them out in my post.

Unless you get to the doctor of the group, which is you peter. and @Chiarra tag the people who are in the RP, they might not have known, like go in and edit it.

Makes sense. Then if we're guns would need accuracy. But if its a melee weapon it would only need damage. So then would melee weapons have only a number of times you can use it before it breaks or goes dull?

I sent them the link here in the conversation for easier access. It was really only one person who hadn't been in here at all. I think that perhaps I should tag them in this post though and post the link of the rp up as well. Which thankfully has every link we need in it. I might edit that post and give the rules for the dice rolls in there too. Only if they agree with it though. And we are going with majority rules, so right now, if all of them disagree, that makes it a tie and I don't know what to do for ties...maybe another dice roll? lol.

october_rain

ArtisticKwittyKat234

Goddess

The Survivors of Virus G (Official RP).

And we could do that, but I think that would depend on the melee weapon. For instance, a aluminum baseball bat wouldn't break or dull, though it would rust. I'm thinking though, if you do use a sword, then after so many uses, unless you sharpen it, your going to have to subtract so many points from your roll.

make sense but I think even if it is an aluminum baseball bat, it might be really slow, but eventually become useless. After all this his human skulls and what not that they have to break through and destroy multiple times.

the dice thing is actually quite confusing to me lol I play zombie games a lot so I know what can happen and what cant.

you may know, but not everybody does. I think its a good concept. Maybe we're just getting to in depth with it.

why not split it apart, those who are well aware of what can happen have the option of using the dice or logic

well Goddess, I think that what were are saying, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that in this type of RP, people are going to be like, "Dan hits the zombie in the head with out getting hurt, then goes for another one killing that one, then takes out another one." And you are a RPer so you know the definition of being OP. were saying, take out the way with dice, and it would only be odds that you would get his, and if you don't like then you have to roll for damage. if you get an even, you survive, no you got an attack phase. You probably know this, so I'm not going to bore you with it. all were saying is add some humanity, to make it more realistic in our case, to make it more fun.

That's a good idea too, Goddess. But I have one more thing to get your guy's opinion on. I just got done talking to my dad about this rp, you know because I play dice based games with him and he's the DM, so I was really just getting advice about how the dice system was working. We have this adventure system called D6 where all you use are d6 dice for everything. He said we pretty much have the system down for it, but there's also a bit more to it that would also help improve our characters. Remember when I was talking about the levels, well, instead of levels, the D6 game has skill points that you earn. You get a skill point when you kill something, how good you role play, and how creatively you use your skills and when you do something awesome. Of course, we might not use the one for how good you role play.

So, when you get skill points, those are yours to keep and you can add that to your total roll for damage. I'm also thinking, you can spend your skill points to add to your health permanently and then we wouldn't have to use a leveling system at all. @Goddess, the dice would be just a way to keep everything fair and to help keep from godmodding. Maybe I can clear up what's confusing you so you can understand and maybe be more appealing to it ^_^ . Though if you still aren't then I understand.

I'm thinking also, that since you can't roll until after you've posted, I might make another thread based solely around dice rolls. You would state in your post what your rolling for, and then you would make your rolls. Also, @ Dakup, in the D6 system, to make things a bit more fair than just odd or even like I had suggested and make it less of a 50 50 chance, we would all agree on a target number, like a 6 or something and then if you roll a six, (and this is where you would need to add your skill points to it to help) or higher, then it's a success role and you have accomplished what you were trying. If you don't roll a six or higher, then it's a failed role. We would also need to decide how many dice would be in the dice pool, meaning, how many dice are we going to roll each time we roll. Are we going to stick with one dice, or three, or up to 6?

IDK, I'll let you guys read this and then tell me what you think. Oh, more about skill points, when you use them on your rolls, you still keep them. Like if I roll a 3 and I have 3 skill points, I can use them to up my roll, but I still have those three skill points to use on a later roll or to spend on my health points if I want. If I spend them on my health points though, they go away and an example at the end of every post would be like this:

HP: 12

SP: 2

I understand where your coming from. If it assures you I would most like post something like this but usin gDan like your example.

Dan used the tip of the bat since it seemed stronger and would get the job done. He had swung back then forward , hitting the undead in the side of the head and a little ways above its ear. He smiled as he screamed out yea. Retreating the bat and holding it in the air. What he didn't know that because he yelled there were more coming. Dan held the bat now in two hands with excitement.

-now say im just going to bring in something from left 4 dead,-

He heard a loud sound come from behind. Because he was big , his muscles make him slow to turn around he was to late to block the oncoming scratch from the undead. He winced as he fell to the floor, trying his hardest to scoot away

-now .....he cant get away, because unless he is able to use the bat which he cant because he is scared shirtless, and the other scream attracted more in his area then its 20 % chance he wont live.

^^ when I rp I use logic, the dice is confusing , a friend tried to teach me but im like whaaa with a weird jacked up donkey face look. If you find both characters being over powered please tell me and ill fix the post. Trust me im not trying to be stubborn here im just more comfortable doing it like this .

Alright, but remember it's going to be majority rules to be fair, so if it does turn out that we do this dice thing it's going to have to apply to everyone. I don't mean to sound like a b*****, and I'm sorry if I do sound that way, I just think that doing the majority rules is fair. I can try to simplify the dice thing though.

You roll the dice three times, the total number is your health.

When we fight zombies, I will roll the health for the zombies the same way in the dice thread. When your character attacks, if they are using a melee weapon, you will roll the dice once. That number is how much damage the zombie takes.

If you use a gun, since your army character would be trained in using fire arms, he wouldn't need to roll to see if it hit, so he would just roll one dice for the damage.

However, if your character has never used a gun before in their life, they will have to roll one die and try to get a six (if we go with what I mentioned above) using their skill points to help them in this. If they roll the six or higher, then it's a hit then they roll one dice again for damage.

You will also have to roll for the zombies, one dice, to see if they bite you. The same thing goes for them, one dice, they have to roll a six, though they don't get skill points, and if they roll a six, they bite you, if they don't then it's a miss. If you are fighting more than one zombie, you will roll one for each of them.

If we are doing skill based things, for instance Peter's character is a doctor. He can stabilize wounds and help them heal faster. So, he would automatically be able to see how many hit points you got back. If someone, not skilled in the medical field tried to heal you, then they would have to try for the six as normal.

Dakup's character would be skilled in fixing things, so he would just have to roll a six to see if he was successful in fully fixing it.

Your other character is skilled at computers, so the same thing for her if she was to try to hack into a computer while the power is still running.

I like the idea for using the dice. :)

All I can think of reading about "the odds" is Effie Trinket saying, " May the odds be ever in your favor. " xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back