Zombie rp planning thread (closed)

Chiarra

One Thousand Club
If you would like to join, go here, but there are limited spots open and will close soon.

This thread is for those members to collaborate on ideas for this rp.

A few things I think we need to sort out first is a name for our rp and what caused the disease.

Well its a fungus. Yeah there is a classic you get bit you turn. But there is another way to turn. See the fungus when it is in a concentrated state can get a person infected if they inhale it. In the game when there were spores in an area you had to put on a gas mask in order to get through. It was also an indicator if there were infected nearby since in order for it to be in spore form there had to be a lot of the fungus so if you saw spores it showed that infected are there or were there recently, and a lot of them.

And because it was a fungus it would deform the body more and more the longer it was in there.

example:
49325-fungus_1.jpg

Now one thing that we can decide if what we want to do if we like the fungus idea, is the zombies. Do we want them to all be regular? Cause in the game there were 3 different types of zombies. The first was regular, haven't been changed that long, little to no fungal growth.

the second was called Clickers. (the picture above.) Because of the way the fungus grew, they were blind. So the made clicking noises and used the sound waves to get around. Kind of like bats.

The third were called bloaters. They were infected the longest and were the worst form. They are large and slow but they could fill the air with spores and were really hard to kill.

Of course we could always take our own twist on it. I just like it because its based off of a real fungus.

tumblr_mpxzkclXdt1rfuijjo1_r1_500.jpg

We could go with this....but I'm going to wait and see what the others think because I'm wanting this to be mutual. Which is why I believe the poll system is going to be used quite frequently.

I love the Last Of Us. That game is amazing! :3

I think a role play based off of that would be really fun! :)

Hey, I don't think that zombie should all look like that.

If you're talking about the pic I posted. Not all of them look like that. A lot look like normal zombies, that was just an example of the few that the infection was particularly bad. That was the way the game set it up since the virus was fungus based.

Was that picture taken from the game? If so, then that game must have looked pretty realistic. And those tarantulas are just creepy, I hate spiders already, but if I saw that, I would just freak out even more.

Okay, well. I'm glad they don't all look that and I gate any kind of spiders

Thats a real life model, 3D design of the clicker of the game. But the graphics on the game were just as amazing. lol and the one taking over the spider was just what it was based off of.

lol anyways like I said. The top picture is a clicker. One of the horrible infected one. The zombie fungus was based off of a real life fungus, which is the bottom picture. lol and if it was a zombie apocalypse, even if you were scared of spiders, I think they would be the last of your worries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I got that, it's just that my dad had a pet tarantula one time and it would have just been even worse for me. I do have one question about the clickers though, since they are blind, if you stood completely still and kept quiet, would they not know you were there?

What if we somehow tried to figure out a way to incorporate both The Last Of Us and The Walking Dead into the role play?

See, I love walking dead, and Peter's idea is great too, so I agree with october_rain because then that would also give us a bit of originality. So my thoughts are, what if the spores doesn't turn you. It just infects you and stays dormant until you die and that's when you come back as a zombie? I think that is effectively mixing the two together.

I'm fine with that. But we should have every one agree, then start the rp.

I agree with you dakup, but that's not all the planning I'm wanting to do though. For instance, we still need a name for the rp, as well as the starting place.

well I got a name, the survivors of virus G, and for the place, we could do a small town, where ever you guys want.

Well, we could make it up, just choose which state it's in. Also, before we go on with more planning, I think we should wait and see what the others think. I like the name too ^_^ .

Chiarra, that is correct. If you're completely still, for all they know you're just an object in their surroundings. Its when you make noise that they find you. That was the annoying part in the game, sometimes you would have a room that you needed to cross that was filled with clickers and you had to be absolutely quiet. Accidentally step on a twig or brush a branch and you were screwed.

And yeah, I like the idea of the combination of both the walking dead and the game. I do too also like the name of the post. And it makes sense. A small town would have fewer people so fewer zombies. So they all had the same idea to hide out there, meet up. But maybe doesn't team up right away. Since the way the world is you can't be too careful but a horde comes and blah blah blah?

As just a starting point.

Oh, and I do think we should have a posting order. I mean last night I had to go to bed early because I have an exam today. And when I got up and came on here the postings were so far ahead I felt left behind. And if this was the rp I would have had a lot of catching up to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to somewhat agree, I mean the name I gave was a little bit weird. And I agree with the posting order. its RP its raw, its a little like improv. you can't really control, so I disagree with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back