• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Zombie Roleplay Request

Wanna take part in a good, new zombie roleplay?

• Yes please

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not really

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

XDBuggyBatXD

Moral Psychopath
( :D ) So I have been craving a good zombie apocalypse roleplay for a long while now. I suck at creating my own roleplays, so I was hoping somebody else would share my interest and create a roleplay like the one mentioned...(Or maybe recommend a good zombie roleplay to me?) (:3)

I know there are some apocalypse roleplays out there...but maybe I'm just being too picky or have yet to wander upon the right one... (> :P )

I would prefer a zombie roleplay similar to this:

--Anime character pics only

--I suppose I want it "detailed"? (I don't know much about the different rankings, but I have enjoyed the detailed one that I am currently apart of, and I have not been pleased with the "casual" roleplays that I have glanced at)

--It doesn't have to be super fast-paced, but I want to be expected to post more than once a week

--Seems like zombie roleplays only last if there is some kind of structure to them. There should be some kind of goal (or series of goals?) for the characters to aim for: a safe haven to reach, a person to find, a weapon to build, etc.

--Or, rather than a goal to give roleplayers purpose, perhaps all that is needed is a good roleplay leader to create situations for the characters to react to: zombie hordes or mutants appearing, troubles with the military, natural disasters, city of cannibals, etc.

Can anybody help me out with this? ( O.o ) Much appreciation for your thoughts.

I'll admit that I'm not a seasoned veteran to this site, and I have never lead a roleplay that has gone on more than a few posts. However, I have had more ambitious aims than this, and I have always been a huge fan of the zombie apocalypse genre. There are only two problems I can foresee in my involvement. Firstly, I appear to have a stark disconnect from the rest of the community, as it would seem nothing I have posted before particularly speaks to many people. It may be a flaw in my previous ideas or perhaps, I simply don't understand how to reach a large audience on this site. Then again, I'm relatively green still and have not yet had my fair share of attempts. Secondly, I hold many qualms when it comes to the realism of a story. I prefer a story's characters, setting, premise, and execution to be as realistic as possible, and I have a hard time sticking with a story when it gets too difficult to suspend disbelief. I have noted on many occasions that anime, as a genre, does not lend well to realism, nor do its fans - for the most part - tend to grasp the concept firmly or with much conviction. The latter concern is, of course, a petty one, as is - arguably - the former. Regardless, I feel just ambitious enough to take this idea as is and fashion it into something you and I can both be good with. I have a plethora of ideas I've been storing from years of writing in the apocalyptic genre, and I'm more than willing to put some real time and effort into this. Feel free to PM me on the subject, as I would like to make plenty of plans before posting anything.

[QUOTE="Valor Green]I'll admit that I'm not a seasoned veteran to this site, and I have never lead a roleplay that has gone on more than a few posts. However, I have had more ambitious aims than this, and I have always been a huge fan of the zombie apocalypse genre. There are only two problems I can foresee in my involvement. Firstly, I appear to have a stark disconnect from the rest of the community, as it would seem nothing I have posted before particularly speaks to many people. It may be a flaw in my previous ideas or perhaps, I simply don't understand how to reach a large audience on this site. Then again, I'm relatively green still and have not yet had my fair share of attempts. Secondly, I hold many qualms when it comes to the realism of a story. I prefer a story's characters, setting, premise, and execution to be as realistic as possible, and I have a hard time sticking with a story when it gets too difficult to suspend disbelief. I have noted on many occasions that anime, as a genre, does not lend well to realism, nor do its fans - for the most part - tend to grasp the concept firmly or with much conviction. The latter concern is, of course, a petty one, as is - arguably - the former. Regardless, I feel just ambitious enough to take this idea as is and fashion it into something you and I can both be good with. I have a plethora of ideas I've been storing from years of writing in the apocalyptic genre, and I'm more than willing to put some real time and effort into this. Feel free to PM me on the subject, as I would like to make plenty of plans before posting anything.

[/QUOTE]
Are you seriously complaining about anime being unrealistic despite being a fan of the zombie genre?

Edit: I am continuing this derailment no further, as the argument is pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Valor Green]I have similar qualms with the zombie genre, and the relationship I have with it has been something of a love-hate deal. Honestly, I hate most zombie movies. I respect Romero for being a pioneer in the genre and paving the way for others, but I can't watch a Romero film without putting a palm to my face at least once. There are ways to make the genre realistic or at least, mostly so. 28 Days Later was one of the best movies of the entire genre and has served as a massive inspiration to my own ideas.
And don't get me wrong. I don't mean to rag on anime, it's just not my cup of tea. There are a few animes I can get into, but I, by no means, consider myself a fan, nor do I particularly connect with many of the die hard fans. It just doesn't have what I'm looking for.

[/QUOTE]
You're ragging on anime for its lack of realism, but you fail to understand that it's not a genre. That's not what a genre is. It's a medium, like film or writing. There are a myriad of anime with heavily grounded or even hard realism settings, not including the untold legions of slice of life's.

Also the only piece of Zombie media that was ever really good is Dead Rising, and that was specifically because DR didn't take itself so damned seriously. When a zombie film takes itself too seriously, it ends up as being really pretentious. You'll understand this someday.

@XDBuggyBatXD I'll be posting some guidelines and suggestions about both zombie RPs and apocalypse RPs here later in the week - might be of use to you.

@Valor Green Nice work not engaging with the troll.

And as for you, Comrade.

140.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back