• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Zodiac: Rise of a King

DoughGuy

I no longer dream
OOC Thread here - https://www.rpnation.com/threads/zodiac-rise-of-a-king-ooc.347869/

I was a murderer. I killed for nothing but my own pleasure. And that was a poison in my veins. It drew me on, and I followed like an eager pup, unaware of my ignorance. And on the precipice of success I paid the price for that, and was consumed by the dark.

I was a murderer. Now I kill for a purpose.

This time, I will be a king.

Zodiacs
Zodiacs are powerful beings who possess incredible magical abilities. They live within a ‘spirit’ realm that exists alongside Earth, called Limbo. Despite their power they cannot directly cross into the human world in a corporeal body. Only by taking on a ghostly form, invisible to the human eye and lacking any of their abilities, can they visit Earth. This ethereal form can move freely back and forth between the two worlds at any time, and can teleport to any location on Earth.

While they cannot physically affect the world they can form a contract with a human, who then becomes their Host. Hosts can access a fraction of a Zodiacs powers to be used in the human world, as well as see Zodiacs and Hollows. Zodiacs can, if they choose to, limit or completely restrict the powers their Host can access for a time. This allows Zodiacs to influence events on Earth the way they wish, despite the limitations placed upon them. The main drawback is by forming a contract, a Zodiac can now only appear nearby their Host.

There’s no clearly identifying property that makes a person a good host. But all hosts contain a potential within them, ready to be tapped into by a contract.

Hollows
Hollows are animalistic spirits that primarily inhabit Limbo. While some possess minor magical abilities, they are far weaker than Zodiacs in their home realm and avoid them whenever possible. However, unlike Zodiacs, they are able to travel between the realms without issue, keeping their corporeal form and all their powers. Still invisible to the human eye they have the capability to wreak havoc if left unchecked. The majority of contracts formed between Zodiacs and humans are in response to out of control Hollows.

Evertine, Maine
A small city of fifteen thousand inhabitants in the north east of the state, it is well known for the oddly high number of paranormal occurrences throughout its history. It is also well known for its nationally acclaimed institution, Crowtree University, located on the north edge of the city. Despite a unique take on student acceptance and curious teaching curriculum it boasts some of the highest scores in the country and multiple famed alumni. In recent years the city has become a political hotbed thanks to Congressman Jonathon Strauss skyrocketing in popularity amongst voters.

The Roleplay
The RP will be semi open world, supernatural, slice of life action RP. It's a lot of genres but they're all relevant. Characters are free to do as they wish most of the time, and it is even possible to avoid some plot points by ignoring information or willing disregarding it. However the plot will keep moving as time passes and there may be undesirable consequences for a character’s absence.

All characters will begin as recently accepted university students who have been living in the dorms for one to two weeks. The roleplay will begin on the first day of the new term with an orientation lecture for the new students. You can find the roleplay's discord server here: https://discord.gg/4HYyFez. If you're interested at all I encourage you to join, whenever I’m online I’ll be happy to answer any questions about the RP and the way it will be run. The discord server will also serve as the primary OOC chat during the RP so it'll be sticking around. If you don't have discord I will still be checking this thread regularly so your questions will get answered.

CS
____________________________________________________________________________________________​

Crowtree University
Ph: 207-231-9014
Email: ShimanaKen@Crowtree.mn.edu
Date: 7/9/17

Hello <character name>​

It is my great joy to congratulate you on your successful application to Crowtree University. We here are excited for you to join our welcoming community and help you achieve the greatness you hold the potential for. Crowtree prides itself on being a forward thinking, innovative institution on the cutting edge of future technology and occupations that produces world and industry leaders. We look forward to seeing what you can do.

Now you have been formally accepted there is one final task to give the administration a greater understanding of you and your ability. Please fill out the following questions and email or mail a copy to the address provided.

Full name:
Birth Date:
Please include a picture or short description of your appearance

In 100 words or less please describe yourself as a person. We ask you be as truthful as possible.
[]

In two or more paragraphs explain the significant events in your life that have shaped you into that person.
[]

In 100 words or less please describe who you believe you have the potential to be.
[]

For the purposes of our extracurricular clubs please list a variety of your interests/hobbies, and an additional lists of your dislikes.
[A reminder that whatever answers you list here, your character will still be a member of the photography club]​

University Chancellor
Ken Shimana

University President
Dominic Ferarri

____________________________________________________________________________________________​

Last edited:
I'm interested, and I'd definitely like to hear more.

Are the player characters (all or some) intended to be Hosts, merely human or otherwise supernatural in the same reality?

What are you looking for in a pitch or concept?

All player characters will start as ordinary humans who become hosts.

The character sheet will be very focused on who your character is as a person and where they believe they can go from there. The concept of a character's potential as a person will be important.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Definitely intrigues, I'll keep an eye on things and get a concept brewing.

Hello there! Intrigued as well~

I don't plan on doing this, rather wanted to ask out of curiosity; By dodging plot moments and important events, could a character end up only experiencing the RP as a slice-of-life?

While you can dodge some plot events there will be times the plot comes to the players. I would say its roughly a 50/50 balance between dodgeable and unavoidable plot events, with more of the major plot events in the latter half. So players cant avoid everything and only experience the slice of life side.

Will time move on once each player posts? Or will it move on without the player?

Also is there a posting time limit~?

The goal is to have everyone post at least once a week but that will be open to adjustment most likely as we find our flow once everyone starts posting. Ideally we'll hit two posts a week but that's not a requirement. Just a GM's dream haha.

Time will move in one of two ways. At the start of each IC day I'll list all the events that are happening. So I might say 5:00pm Photography Club Meeting, 9pm Celebration at Restaurant etc. Time will either move naturally towards it as the players post, if you guys do some stuff during the day then start heading to the meeting of your own accord time will pass. Or if I feel like we've been stuck in an area for too long I'll decide enough posts have happened and move time on. There will be no "X posts/X RL days = X IC time". If we're only missing a single players post and its been over a week of waiting time might move without them just so we dont stall the RP, but hopefully that will be a rare case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back