• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Zero Escape: 999 (Signups - 2/9)

Schultz

BLACKJACK!
When someone betrays your trust, it feels like a part of you dies.

For me... I guess it was the part that cared.

Hello all, and welcome to

Zero Escape :
Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

WARNING: THIS GAME CONTAINS MINOR SPOILERS FOR THE ZERO ESCAPE SERIES

FWo4Xfz.jpg

Game Rules:
  1. The most important: respect your host and the other players. Please remember that this is just a game.

2. This is a role-playing game and I, the host, will be the GM. I will facilitate everything in this game; please always follow my instructions.

3. Your primary goal in this game is to escape the ship alive.
  4. This game is both active and time-based. If you are unable to respond to another player's action due to your absence, then I will act on your behalf. I always try to be fair. Consider this a disclaimer: do not complain about actions I took for you. This is often better than simply letting you die because you happened to be offline.
  5. You cannot carry more than 7 items on your person, not including hidden or undetectable items.

Player Rules:
  1. Do not, under any circumstances, discuss your role. Do not claim a role, do not list your role's abilities, and do not name your role's win conditions.

2. You may submit a character description and bio once your role is given to you.

3. Do not talk about the game outside of game means. This will only ruin the experience and is just a dick thing to do.

4. Please bold all of your actions so that they are easy for me to see.

5. DO NOT JOIN THIS GAME IF YOU WON'T BE ACTIVE. This game normally takes anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. The more active the players are, the less time it will take to complete. This game is much more fun when all players are active. That being said, please be patient on other players and the Host as well.

Phases:
  • Discussion - Talk with other players in the thread, vote for various options, etc. Mainly used as filler between other phases.

Puzzle - Separate into groups and solve riddles with your team. Solely in PMs.

Roaming - Explore the facility, interacting with others along the way. Solely in PMs.

Roles:

This version of VLDR will not feature public roles. All roles are hidden.

Defining some jargon:
"Private Action" - Actions that you send only to the game host. While others may see the results of your action, they will be unable to predict it. Depending on the circumstances, nobody may even notice your private action.

"Visible/VIS" - Generally large items that could not easily be tucked away in a pocket. Visible items are listed whenever your current physical description is given. You may only carry one visible item at a time.

"Hidden/HID" - Regular items that become more difficult to find when you are searched. They do not show up while you are conscious and being searched. They will show up if you are unconscious or dead and being searched. You may only hide one item at a time.

"Undetectable/UND" - Special items attached to some roles that will never show up while being searched until they are used. They will show up if you are dead and being searched. Once an item is no longer undetectable, it cannot become undetectable again.

Signups!
Simply post /join to join! [Bold = Confirmed, Strikethrough = Dead.

1. - Scrubnoppon
  2. - Damafaud
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
I attempted to make this game back in March, but I went inactive due to real life issues. I apologize to those who signed up and waited for nothing. I promise this will get going again.

I did not create this game. The original creator of the game is the user Metrion from the Town of Salem Forums. All credit should be bestowed to him and any other important figures in the VLDR community over there.

When the signups are filled, there will be an entirely new thread posted in the sub-forum titled "Fandom." A link to the game thread will be posted within this thread.

Last edited:
I am here to express my interest. Is having played the game a requirement to join the roleplay, by the way?

I am here to express my interest. Is having played the game a requirement to join the roleplay, by the way?

Apologies for responding to this so late.

To answer your question, not at all. In fact, it's better even so to play without knowledge of Zero Escape just for the twists and surprises that come with the story.

*Peek in*
*Feel that this will fill more quickly if it's put under realistic/modern instead of fandom*

I'll try to string some people here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back