• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Z O D I A C | Umbra [ O O C ]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Boss

The only way out is through
This is the official OOC for Z O D I A C | Umbra. Displayed here will be any questions a player or potential player may have, as well as a general chat for players only. Most if not all of Zodiac's OOC discussion will take place in a discord server.

Included in this first post is also a general Q&A as well as information regarding the mechanics of the roleplay, including how Zodiacs work and how to get one.

Questions and Answers

Q: What is Zodiac: Umbra?
A: Zodiac: Umbra itself is a non-canon installment in the "Zodiac Universe", where the main characters have already won. Umbra takes place during the years after the main roleplay's conclusion as a non-canon bad-end.

Q: How do powers work?
A: In the roleplay realm, powers are a lingering side-effect caused by the merging of a human soul and a Zodiac. Powers originate from the Zodiac and is siphoned to the character from it. It is said that a host's power is roughly 1/4 of their Zodiac's. Characters need time and practice before they are able to wield their abilities in an effective manner.

Q: Okay, how do I get these powers if I don't start with them?
A: Zodiacs are made to fit the characters they are merged with. With that being said, it takes time for a character's personality to become clear and for a Zodiac to be made for them.

Q: How long does it take for a Zodiac to be made?
A: However long it takes me to create them.

Q: Is it possible to start off with powers?
A: It's possible, but a number of factors need to be considered. Most of all, you will need to work directly with a GM to create a character with a Zodiac. This process may take longer than just submitting a normal character.

Q: Can I control my Zodiac?
A: Nope. Zodiacs are controlled by GMs. The power a character receives from their Zodiac can be controlled by you, however.

Q: I have a cool idea for my character's Zodiac...
A: Feel free to PM me on this website or on discord and we'll talk about it!

Q: This roleplay is a mess. What happened?
A: Umbra had been officially cancelled, then brought back to life by it's players. It's best to think of it as a semi-cool looking car that breaks down every now and then, but is still ol' reliable.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that non-GMs aren't allowed to make their own special abilities unless they've been approved so by a GM. Normally we allow characters to start off human, and as the story progresses, we create a Zodiac with special abilities that fit your character and turn them into hosts. If you want, we can discuss this further on Discord, but not tonight as it is way too late here.

Yeah. If you wanted that specific ability, we could work something out tomorrow.

Well if you have a list of pre-determined abilities, I could take a look. I was gonna get super speed but you beat me to it

I haven't explained how special powers work yet. At the moment it would be confusing considering that all hosts are connected to a spiritual entity, and that they draw their power from that entity. Your best bet is to discuss it on Discord tomorrow or wait until I upload the lore section, which would explain the mechanic in it's entirety. I plan on making that thread tomorrow or the day after that.

In that sense, it's basically impossible to just have a set list of abilities.

Hey, I'd love to get into this RP, but alas I'm still relatively new to this. Are you still accepting characters? If you are, then how do I get approval of the character by a GM? Do I just put the character into the Characters thread, or do I have to somehow privately send the character to a GM?

We're still open, Tilferen! After reading the guidelines in the character sheet thread and posting your own character sheet, you'll have to wait for that character to be approved by a GM such as me or Tsu. We also have a discord OOC where we have most of our out of character discussion in.

Hey, just finished my character sheet, took me longer than I expected. If there's anything wrong, or that I need to change, please tell me. Hope you like it!

Everything looks good on your character sheet! Welcome to Zodiac. I'll PM you a link to our discord OOC.

I'm new to role playing and i was wondering If the role play is still going and I would like to work with the GM's to starts off with powers if it fine you

Welcome, you two. Zodiac is still open to new players. However, I want to start the two of you off without any supernatural abilities. The rate in which your characters do obtain their Zodiac power is dependent on time, character exposure, and how well the character is written into the story. There is a discord OOC that all players use. You'll gain access once you post your character sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back