• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Z O D I A C | Umbra [Currently CLOSED]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Samantha, Leviathan​
Anger and frustration continued to whirl through Samantha as she worked against her torment, unaware of the goings on of the real world. All she knew was some other figure had showed up, insulted her, and threatened the very person she wanted to protect. Finally, Samantha's anger was given a current, and like a dam breaking, she began to accept the power she held. She growled, quiet for a moment at the intruder.

"Let. Her. Go!"

As she spoke, Samantha pushed herself forward with a jet of water, shooting out towards the newcomer. Instead of going in for a bite or punch however, she called the tentacles of the room to her command and sent them flying at Lilith. With her other hand, she bid a softer stream of water to knock "Camilla" away from her and ferrying the girl to Samantha's side. She made a small hurt smile before turning her focus to Lilith, and calling out to the hollow she now understood was part of her.

"If your really...apart of me now. Then you know what we've gotta do." She growled low and flexed her arms, feeling the tentacles in her hand. "I...we'll bring her home!" With another battlecry she launched herself around, leaving Camilla encircled in a corrupted looking but protective bubble. If fighting this stranger would save Camilla, so be it. If she had to work with a hollow...even if it was apart of herself, so be it! She knew who she was, and having some...thing...attached to her. Part of her. She wouldn't let it control her...but if this is how it would be, she just had to work with it. Samantha had no intent of succumbing, but if working with it brought Camilla back...so be it.

She darted around the room using jets of water to propel herself at high speed tentacles harassed Lilith, slamming down on her, before suddenly Samantha appeared in melee, arms encircled in water. She brought them down over head and the water followed like a tentacle of its own.

small nikky.png

Nikky leaned forward her body hidden by the massive retiree and eyed the girl then looked up at James with a rougish grin.
"So, when we moving out again? I'd really rather not be here at this moment."
"But James, looks like you have a fan!" she whispered.
Nikky wasn't too familiar with the James' boxing history when they had first met but Janaiya was, and pretty much learned almost all about his career from her. She wasn't as into the fights like her niece was but she supported her by listening when Janaiya was hyped up about them. Nikky knew that he suffered a pretty big loss back in the day, but he was still a power house, and it was funny seeing him so uncomfortable from being recognized. Though it kinda puzzled her considering how incredible he still is in the ring. Still, she wasn't cruel, and puppy dog eyes would always win over. Luckily Janaiya hadn't learned this technique yet. She tossed her now cigarette butt to the side and moved towards the girl and smiled.
"Heya kid, sorry but-"
"This big guy and I gotta be somewhere soo... no autographs. Once ya send out one there's plenty more to fill out and all that!"
she made vague hand gestures like she knew what she was talking about.
"Real busy, me and uh, Mr. Lane." she turned towards James and gave him a cheesy grin. Ya know, like a dork.
"Anyways, if you'll excuse us?" she started to move pass the girl motioning for James to follow.

hwayi hwayi Solemn Jester Solemn Jester

Diana Young
( Boss Boss )
Diana held in a yelp of pain before she cleared herself a path with a couple quick shots and ran through. Holding onto the wound that was caused with her normal arm, "Fucking..." Saying that she looked at the two fights occurring before her. The one between the giant and the girl and Axel, "Fuck..." Saying that under her breathe once more she began running over to the fight between Axel and the girl, shooting at the butterflies that got too close for comfort.

Doing that she stood right behind her, "Axel move!" Yelling that she brought at her cannon and pointed it right at the back of her head giving Axel less than a second to move before Diana charged the gun quickly and fired it, "Dodge this. Bitch." Saying that she let the giant flash of light fire out point blank from the gun into the kids whole body she was guessing.

Yue Chen

She was met with a scratch of a head. Yue had been expecting this. First of all, she was a young lady. Not many people recognized her. Most people couldn't name even one shooter, nevertheless a female one. Even if they'd do just as well as men, even if they were better than men. Shooters enjoyed a pretty relaxed life when it came to spotlight.

Sure, Yue had a hoard of followers on social media. Sure, some teenagers had even made a fan club to celebrate her victories. But she was sure that most of them were either fellow shooters or people who were way more interested in her looks and lifestyle.
Of course, she lived very differently from how she portrayed herself in media. A happy girl who made witty remarks, lived on salads and visited places with her friends you could only dream about. It was all just to satisfy her, she'd trick herself into thinking her life was like that. In reality, it was her being either sad or angry about something, laying in her bed and only standing up to go to school or shoot.

She woke herself up from her thoughts when he said that she got the wrong person. Her eyebrow shot up in suspicion. What the Hell was he hiding for? She had already recognized him. Yue figured that it really wasn't this person. Maybe a lookalike. Nope, she took a long look, and was set that it was him. His panicky state revealed all. The little girlfriend he had confirmed it all by not bothering to lie.
She was called a kid, which puzzled her. Yue was about to say something about her age but decided to shut it. It was irrelevant now. Besides, your short height could be used as a weapon to get what you want! She could see that they were not really busy, were they? Busy people don't hang out in Soul Food places. That she knew very well. She let out the pent-up anger leave her body. If she did, she could showcase emptiness. That was seen as better than anger.

"Really...a shame," her voice held no emotion as she passed them. She looked in the eyes of James, her eyes as equally icy as the rest of her expression. You could take the sentence in two ways. One, she was sad about them being busy. Two, she was referencing to something other that was really a shame. She knew how his career ended very well. It wasn't fresh news, but news big enough to shake the world of little Yue. When an idol is shot down, you feel vulnerable too.

Yue put her earphones in again as she started walking away from the scene. Whatever, he's irrelevant now. She'd only take a picture to get more likes or something, maybe stir something up. In reality, she was a bit surprised and petty. And she had even bothered to come and tap his shoulder. The girl instinctively wiped her hand on her shirt as she was thinking about that moment. As if to cleanse the last bits of this guy she was carrying with herself. She had better things to do right now. She had been dragged here by Lee in the first place.

James Mac niadh Lane
zodiac.png
James was hoping Nikky would have been helpful. He hoped she would have confirmed his lie. Unfortunately, she went and did the exact opposite. James cringed a little when Nikky said his name. Biting his lip in frustration, it wasn't that he didn't appreciate a fan. Just that they tended to drag up bad memories. He figured the girl would call him on his shit, cry, yell, anything. Instead she actually went with it...of course, James was baffled by this. She definitely knew who James was. Unless she thought Nikky was being sarcastic he really didn't understand it. Her look sent a bit of guilt through the massive fighter's body. He rubbed his forehead, something he tended to do when he was feeling stressed. Then walked after her."Aye! Hold up, Lassie." He called, walking up to her looking rather guilty."Eh, I'm sorry about that. I just tend to get a bit uncomfortable around fans." James pointed a finger back at Nikky as he spoke."Although me and miss manager over there actually do have places to be. But, mhhhm I'd be happy to take a picture with you if ya want." He suggested feeling he owed her at least that much. He called back to Nikky, "Oi! I'm going to head out after this. Going to get ready for our little trip tonight. What time are we meeting again?" James called to Nikky, having forgotten the time she set for their meeting due to his fan encounter.

Kiosk Kiosk Boss Boss hwayi hwayi

Nikky looked over as the girl walked off and a small smile fell on her face. She kept walking, throwing her hand up in the air, "10 pm, I'll see ya at my house, and don't forget to bring little ole Champ!" Miss manager chuckled as she walked off. Pleased he decided to talk to the fan girl even if she kiiind of confirmed he was indeed who he looked like. Still, what can ya do? She still couldn't understand why he wanted to lie but, it was out of her hands. She was almost certain James would be a bit peeved with her later and apologies would be in order, but that was for future her to deal with. Now was time for her to deal with a pissed teenager. She scratched her head, damn, karma came faster than she expected.
Solemn Jester Solemn Jester hwayi hwayi

"Colt eh? A good name!" Cetus grinned, eerilie similar to a shark. "Sam's always fought with a colt, first the gun, then the person! Practically fate if you ask me. Anywa-

Cetus was cut off by the hollow appearing, and the rolling of the ship itself as its course was a dramatically changed. Though the ship rocked, Cetus and her siblings seemed unbothered by the sudden shift in course, standing firm on the deck while everyone else tumbld. Sam was less lucky, getting thrown to the ground and having to scramble and push himself to his feet.

While this occurred, the siblings sprung into action, Oliver focused on getting the cannons ready. Coordinating them below decks. Jericho clicked a few keys and an eerie green light extended out from his computer. A spectral sonar echoed around the ship, building a map on his screen, and detecting foes in advance, even those hidden from view. He kept a watchful eye on the sky, careful ot to rely solely on his tech to guide him.

Cetus simply laughed before raising her hand and pointing forwards. "A challenge eh? So be it! Right men! Let's be ready for anything! All hands to ready stations! Keep one crew on those repairs, and don't nobody die on me for a second time y'here?! She roared and moved to the prow of the ship, teeth elongated and a circle of harpoons waiting.

Sam looked back and offered a hand to Colt if she'd also been knocked over by the sudden course change of the ship, he brushed some wood chips off his chest after helping her up, before holding up his own gun. "Right! Only one thing to do eh?" He looked on. "Let's prepare for hell. Watch your back eh? I uh...would hate to lose my partner. Yeah." He coughed to clear some of the awkwardness...or at least try.

Maybe a fight would be good right now.

Yue Chen
Yue was already putting on some angry metal music but heard someone calling for her. Well, calling her a lassie, but she knew very well who was calling, and that she was the target. Yue turned around slowly, curiosity enveloping her again. It was this face that made her look like a child, wasn't it? The glimmering eyes that revealed all you needed to know. James walked up to her, apologizing for earlier. At this point, Yue had already removed her earphones and was blinking sympathetically. He suggested a picture, and Yue blinked slowly again. She was more interested in a chat, but he really seemed to have to go. Although she was very much tempted to start talking about how huge of a fan she was, Yue decided to save the last bits of dignity she had.

She tilted her head to the other side once again. It was a miracle her neck had never gotten stuck this way when she kept doing it continuously. An old habit. Yue usually did not care about what people thought about her. A moment ago she yelled inside a restaurant and left a guy alone with probably many questions. But when it came to influential people or someone she idolized, it was a big deal to her! So she offered 'Miss Manager' a smile similar to the one she did, and then smiled at the giant before her. Yue started digging for her phone, clicking the little camera icon on her screen. To her horrors, the front camera was open and she looked quite funny indeed. Laughing quietly under her breath at what she just saw, she raised her hand to get a picture of them both. It wasn't an easy task given their height difference, but she managed to pose and snap a picture anyway.

"Thanks for making time for me, even if you're intimidated by fans!" her voice was high like the one of a child fawning over a superhero or something.

| Sam Sarith |
???
Limbo | Soulless Sea
Cetus' Ship

The situation involving the uninvited guest had dissolved as quickly as it arrived. A black orb capable of growing limbs of any proportion proclaiming to be their guide rather than their enemy. While it was reliving to see a strange creature not want to bite someone's face off for a change, it was also worrying with the message it delivered. Colt listened to the strange object's plea whilst sliding fresh shells into her recently discharged shotgun, still smoking at the tip. "..If I hear the word 'fate' one more time, I'll puke." Colt complained. She knew as well as anyone that the future in store for them would be a long, arduous trial - one probably concocted by a Zodiac who believed to be the beginning and the end.

The name Fushunsetsu hung in her mind, tainting any new information Colt gathered with a grain of salt. The gatekeeper... How was it connected?

"Right! Only one thing to do eh? Let's prepare for hell. Watch your back eh? I uh...would hate to lose my partner. Yeah."

Colt stared at Sam in silence, but it was her eyes that sold the message, saying something along the lines of 'Really?' and 'Just stop'.

Yeah, a fight would be a god-send right now.

"Who are you? And who is this gatekeeper? Is it a Zodiac?"

Camilla Ferrari | Lucy Black
Afternoon
???
Hidden Room

Ben shifted his attention momentarily to Lucy. It looked like every word Camilla spoke regarding her darker actions sent feelings of fear, betrayal, and foolishness throughout the girl's body.

"How could I be so stupid..."

"I asked myself that same question.. roughly a decade ago." Ben started, pushing his glasses back up the ridge of his nose. "I once knew Camilla's father. He and I were best of friends back in Armstrong Academy. Even though all the.." He searched for the right wording. "supernatural phenomenon that was seemingly drawn to us. It wasn't until we joined the Dominion that his true colors began to show. The tasks he had to carry always.. grayed the line between the morally correct and the deranged. Most people who worked in his department came back.. disturbed, but not him, no. Dominic grew quieter, like he allowing that darkness to take over his mind. With him raising his daughter, it comes as no surprise that she shows the same signs."

Afternoon
???
Interrogation Room

The seconds ticked by. Camilla hadn't said a word since Len's proposal. Her eyes locked onto the photos in thought. In reality, Len saw it as a good thing that Camilla hadn't outright denied her offer. It showed that Camilla wasn't all that close with her father - or the village for that matter. "You know what kind of monster your father is, don't you?" Len asked. Their eyes connected. "You see that same darkness in his eyes like the darkness in the eyes of those hollows, right? This conflict between Dominic Ferrari and the Dominion needs - to end." Len slammed her hand on the table. "You can end it, Camilla. Right here, right now, or else more innocent lives are going to be lost in the crossfire. Do the right thing for humanity."

James Mac niadh Lane
zodiac.png
James made a mental note about the time." 10 pm noted." He thought to himself. Making another mental note to pay Nikky back for her "help" that she so kindly gave him. He was hoping that humoring a fan wouldn't come back to bite him in the ass. But being caught in a lie kind of tied his hands. So he took a picture, leaning down so she could get a better picture. He didn't understand all this social media shit. He personally had enough trouble keeping his personal life personal without posting it online for everyone, plus their grandma to see.

After taking the picture he hung around just long enough to get annoyed."Uh, yeah...no. Don't get it confused. I'm not intimidated by anyone." He lied. Sure normal people didn't scare James. But those monsters who lurked in the darkest parts of the city. Just waiting to strike at normal God-fearing citizens, eh...ok maybe not. Most of the people in Brookfield probably didn't have all that many God-fearing citizens. A decent portion seemed more likely to send you to see God rather than fear him. But returning his attention back to his fan, he continued his chat."I just tend to get annoyed by most fans. Some just don't seem to understand when they shouldn't mention something. Certain subjects just tend to leave a bad opinion of people in my head. But I guess I shouldn't judge the majority of my fans based on...many, many, past encounters." James placed a hand in his pocket then turned away. Giving a backward wave to Yue."Ok, I suppose I'll be going now. Do me a favor will ya? Try not to give mention where you spotted me on your little sites. I do not need hordes of fans swarming one of my favorite hangouts. Bye now, stay safe!" With that encounter done James made his way towards home. Champ waddling behind him happily panting as he did so. James was ready to kick back for a bit in his house. Where he could have some peace, and quiet while he prepared for a exciting night with Nikky, and what would most likely be some classy individuals...not.

Boss Boss hwayi hwayi Kiosk Kiosk

"Clown & Tom B. Stone"
1541903182640.png
1541903155191.png

Tom lifted up the radio smirking at the pleasure of being called boss "Well I would have suggested not getting so close to the place. But a bit late now. Sigh.” Tom was a bit annoyed by the thug's incompetence he didn't recall telling them to hang on his ass. Although he didn't say anything against it. So he couldn't complain "Alright, Alp-team one will head inside to confront Lorenzo. This will consist of me, clown, and five of you. Including a special member, whoever's most capable at defense.” Tom instructed referring to the host in their ranks. Then turned to Clown the radio still in his hand ”I hope you know how to use that bug zapper. This could potentially get messy, while I'm relaying orders I want you to jam any former of communication in this area. I don't want any digital proof of our presence here. Oh, and delete any footage of us here if possible.” He told clown, sitting back, and smirking, Clown responding “Well, it isn’t as easy without my equipment but I can manage it.” taking out and using his personal phone he started working on jamming the signal and gaining access to the security cameras of Prime Defense. He rubbed the back of his neck. The tension of everything finally starting to get to him. He was wondering what Angel was doing. They had never replied, so he figured he had the green light. If not, well it was just justified retaliation. Tom went back to the radio "Alright fellas. Spread out and surround the area. I don't want him escaping. Park just far enough that it's not suspicious. No huddling together like a bunch of hens in a coop. Stick with your teams. Everyone but team two should get a decent distance away. Team two wait outside for us. Everyone keep an eye out. This could get messy. I don't want any of our special troops using their talent unless they absolutely must. That means your asses better be steps from death's door. We're going in silent. So go low, and keep your eyes open. Ok, everyone but Team one move out. Team one you'll move in when Clowns done doing his thing. Alright, go everyone else.” Tom commanded feeling like a general on a battlefield dishing out orders to his men.

Clown was sitting with his knees pressed against his chest, his masked face hovering over his phone screen and making unintelligible murmurings
“dothis may-no, thishoworkk-damnitImissmystuff” and a few long silent moments later “THEEEEREEEEE WE GOO!~” he exclaimed before abruptly bursting out of the car door, stretching his arms out to the sky with his phone still in hand. Poking his head back down through the car window, saying to TomOn your signal Boss I’ll jam the signal in this place and take control over the security cameras.”

Tom knew he kept that masked fool around for a reason. He stepped out of the car giving Clown an enthusiastic glance
"What are you waiting for, Christmas? Go ahead, let's move out team one. All other teams stay on standby.” Tom ordered holstering his revolvers and moving in. The plan wasn't to go in guns blazing. They were just there to have a chat. Anything more could be trouble. The only way they’d get violent was if Lorenzo was difficult. With his group following, Tom would ask one of the building's employees the location of Lorenzo’s office. Informing them they had business with him. After obtaining the location they’d quietly, and orderly head to his office. Even going as far as knocking on the door before entering. Once inside Tom would quickly address the man "You’re Lorenzo correct? I assume you know why I've taken time out of my busy schedule to come to see you, hehe, and if not. Well, I can always give you a hint.” Tom said just imagining one of his tentacles constricting around the man, his life slowly draining from his eyes as his breath was pushed from his lungs. Of course, that was only if he played hardball. This could also be as simple as him returning Diana and everything going down peacefully...hehe, well almost everything. Tom still had a vendetta against the assassin. One he wasn't about to let slide.
(This was a collaboration post done by Solemn Jester Solemn Jester & Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool )
(Mentions - Boss Boss )
(Color Code - Tom B. Stone & Clown)

| Diana Young |
Daylight
Limbo | Tundra
Base of the mountain

[IMG='width:596px;']https://i.imgur.com/Xg28Chm.jpg[/IMG]
Count, The Blood Maiden
Barely half a second. That was how much time Axel had to move to free herself from Diana's surprise attack. Being that it came from behind Axel, the Count never saw the bright yellow projectile that ended up blasting most of her head off, leaving nothing but a partial lower jaw. Axel had successfully dodged to the side, but not without having to leave one of her daggers lodged into the Count's back. With the Maiden's acidic blood melting through the snow around her, the Count's headless body hilted itself further onto Axel's dagger as it lifelessly fell backwards. Axel exhaled baited breath but refused to let her guard down, even now.

Suddenly, a black liquid sprung out of the Count's neck like a fountain, draping the surroundings like a lawn sprinkler. Axel did well to stay clear of the liquid, knowing full well of what it was. "Corruption... It's the same blood hollows bleed. Highly infectious to our kind." Eventually, the corrupted blood ran out, leaving the original body completely drained of corruption. Slowly, the body began to dissolve into passive blooderflies that took to the air majestically. The four-winged vanguard which had been locked in a separate battle with Axel's golemn had also begun to dissolve in the same manner, and together, the flock of blood-dripping butterflies flew back towards the manor in a small line.

However, a single blooderfly held back. Rather than join the hundreds of others like it, the blooderfly circled Diana a few times before landing gently on her shoulder. The action somehow caused Axel to lower her guard and chuckle for a moment. "..Right, let's get up this mountain." She stated, following the trail of flies up to the manor.

small Janaiya.png

Janaiya wiped sweat off her forehead, it was getting late, but fuck it. Her aunt wouldn't be too surprised to see she wasn't home and she needed to run off the steam. The park wasn't the worse and it wasn't far from home, Still, it could do with some trash pickup, but on the bright side there wasn't any stray needles. Though she was sure the junkies camped on the playground that was falling apart. She won't be feeling too homesick atleast.

Her mind thought back to the diner. She wasn't stupid, her aunt was hiding something from her. Janaiya knew that, it seemed like all people were good for now a days.
"Secrets, secrets and more secrets." Janaiya mumbled as she took a seat on a bench and caught her breath. She looked over the park, less people were walking around as it got later. Figures, considering the state of this city. She looked over at the sign asking parkgoers not to litter in the Brookfield park

Brookfield, the place was teeming with Hosts and Dominion, it was far from safe. Did Nikky really not think she'd notice? Why would her aunt bring her here of all places to get out of trouble? She tilts her head back and stares up at the orangish sky, It didn't make sense.

She must really think I'm stupid. She frowned

"Illegal gambling.", for the first time actually considering it may have been the truth, but no, Her aunt? Really doing something like that? It was far fetched but, her aunt always had a strange feeling about her. At the same time, Nikky was a goof, and kind and... was always trying to be honest with people. She rested her elbows on her knees and laced her fingers together, she stared at the ground, unintentionally looking like the angriest person in the park. Not to say that observation would be too far off.

She had hoped, really hoped that Nikky was just hiding a boyfriend or something but the look on her aunt's face when she mentioned Neil. She still couldn't quite sort it out, it was a mixture of emotions. Her father was a lot easier to read... like when he told her mom had passed while she was at school.

The girl hopped up deciding to run a few more blocks, she didn't want to make herself any angrier by thinking about useless things.

Boss Boss

Lucy Black
Hidden Room
pxPxPvf.jpg
Lucy's eyes slowly drifted up toward Ben, his words moving through her like a smooth breeze, her eyes locking back onto Camilla as he talked of her. Sure, she had known the girl for hardly any time at all, and yet... She wasn't the type, was she? Lucy's eyes shut slightly as her mind grew lost in thought. "With him raising his daughter..." The statement brought only more questions, and a grim reminder.

*Knock Knock Knock* The small girl's head turned toward the door as a hand continued to collide with it, it was as if they were in a rush. Placing her hands onto the table, Lucy pushed her frame from it, before walking over toward it. Slowly, her hand moved up toward the knob, she could feel the cold steel as she tightened her grip around it, before a large hand suddenly shifted down toward hers, gently grabbing her arm.

"H-Hey! I got a package here! C'mon, I got to get to the next place!" A scattered voice emanated from the other side.
"Don't worry honey, I'll answer this one." A deep, calm voice called down toward Lucy. Her gaze moved up, her hand slowly moving back down, her eyes staring into the smiling man standing tall above her.
Turning the knob, the man gradually began to open the door, before a sudden force jolted it open, almost colliding with the child, suddenly stopped with an audible *thud* as the man's hand came between them.

On the other side stood a shivering figure, a young man, a knife shaking within his hand. Lucy shrunk with fear at the sight of him, yet the man stood unwavering, staring at the sudden intruder. "Hand over all your... Everything you have! T-That ring, and!..." The boy suddenly stopped, noticing the lack of response from the man, who instead moved his hands in front of himself, resulting in a noticeable increase in the young man's concern. "Hey, hey, calm down, are you hungry?" The man asked, his voice still the calm, deep tone it had been moments earlier. "W-What!?" The intruder responded in pure confusion, eyes frantically moving around the room.

The man smiled, his hands still out as if trying to calm the figure, before reaching down into his pockets. "We both know this isn't what you want, look, come inside and I'..." The would be burglar glanced toward him, before glancing down at the girl now clinging to his leg in fear, who jolted down in fear as he looked toward her. In a slight panic from her movement, the young man flashed his knife, poking it ever so slightly into her direction, interrupting the man as he did so. "D-Don't move, I'!" *CRACK*
That, was his mistake. At the first sight of his sudden reaction, the man's right hand shot out like a bears claw, firmly gripping the boy's wrist, twisting it, the knife falling to the ground with a sharp *clang*. His left, all the while, quickly striking upward, colliding with his jaw, resulting in the bone rattling crack. A short sigh escaped him as the limp body fell down. Looking over his shoulder, he called into the other room. "Dear, would you call the police? Make sure they bring an ambulance."

Her father... He was brave, calm, and did whatever he could to help others. In her mind, Lucy was nothing like her father, and the reminder of his disappearance continued to eat away at her. If she were missing, nothing would have stopped him from finding her, it was something she had grown to rely on, and now...
"Maybe she's different." Lucy whispered, easily audible to Ben, still looking toward Camilla, examining her. "What are you going to do with h... Us?" Lucy slowly turned her head toward him, looking toward his chest as to avoid his gaze, a pitiful expression plaguing her face as her wide eyes lowered themselves shamefully.

Boss Boss

Last edited:
Tom B. Stone | The Clown
Afternoon
Brookfield | Downtown
Prime Defense | Lorenzo Albeck's Office

The morning had gone by fairly uneventful. For someone leading a double life, Lorenzo was used to sudden shifts of intensity, the sudden donning of a false mask. In truth, his life of a crime boss never left him, not even during the day, as any given member of his hit-squad remained by his side during work. As he flipped through stacks of papers in silence, a secretary-looking blonde had been standing by the desk since their lunch break. It was at that moment when Tom burst through the doors with a little over half a dozen people. Giving the arrivals the old librarian stare for a moment, he failed to recognize Tom, Clown, or really any of his goons initially. "I'm sorry, but if you don't have an appointment, you and your escorts are going to have to wait downstairs."

"You’re Lorenzo correct? I assume you know why I've taken time out of my busy schedule to come to see you, hehe, and if not. Well, I can always give you a hint.”
Puzzled at man's forwardness, Lorenzo's memory finally came back to him after studying that familiar face for a little longer. "Oh, you're the kid rep that got put in his place the other night." Lorenzo leaned back into his chair, getting more comfortable with where he was sitting. A cocky smile had begun to form on his face, but died as quickly as it came when one of spike's many tendrils peaked out from one of Tom's sleeves. "And you're a host. Brilliant."

For a moment, the blonde that stood idly by had flinched forward, only to be ordered to stand down by a wave of Lorenzo's hand. "I'm not a firm believer in violence solving everything." He commented, partially towards the woman. Lowering his palm and interlocking his fingers on the desk, he held the expression of a man wanting to do business rather than shed blood. "That little bitch of yours isn't fit to lead squat, let's be honest. She'll cause just as much trouble to the families as that woman leading the Blizzards. The underworld is a man's world, and it's staying that way if I have anything to do with it."

"Say, you look like the backstabbing sort." Lorenzo eyed Tom up and down. "Why not just take the reigns for yourself? You already have firm control over her men, clearly."

Last edited:
Tom B. Stone
26381961fc91cad46385dd02cdc332f7--fate (1).jpg
Tom didn't care much for places of law. They were always some of the biggest hypocrites. Charging an arm and a leg just to fail at protecting the innocent, or letting criminals go free. Tom despised them, and he could tell Lorenzo was as slimy as an eel. It took a second, but he finally placed Tom. That was good, otherwise, this could have turned ugly. Tom wasn't known for giving gentle reminders. But someone not recognizing him wasn't so bad. Especially when he had so many aliases to remember. Tom smiled back just as cockily at Lorenzo. His grin only increasing in confidence as Lorenzo's smile disappeared upon Spike showing itself. Tom could get used to this, his new power came with a certain level of respect."Yes, I am. Glad you noticed. You're very perceptive, I do tend to stab people in the back. But not Diana. No, I don't need to betray her just yet. Although I will talk this out." Tom gave his own wave, and the men all stepped back. Although they kept their hands on their guns. Tom took a seat just across from Lorenzo. Folding his hands together, then resting his chin on them as he leaned forward. A satisfied expression on his face."First, Spike. If Lorenzo or his Blonde assistant make any hostile moves towards me...you have my permission to do as you see fit to defend me." He ordered, before addressing Lorenzo. "I'm a reasonable man. I understand your concerns. You make a damned good offer. But you see. I've already informed Dominic's lackey of the situation. So I can't just lie, and tell then something else now can I? Unless, you return Diana, and we pin this on one of your hit squad going rogue. I believe it was the ninja bitch you sent to retrieve Diana. She'll do fine" Tom decided, hoping to remedy his grudge against 13. He owed her plenty, and he saw Lorenzo as a future associate. Someone he could depend on up until he stabbed Tom in the back. But Tom would take care of him before then." Then once Diana is safely back with me. I can convince her to hand power over to me. Hell, I'm sure she'd welcome it. But if not, it's not like I don't basically run the place anyway. But I refuse to dispose of Diana. She has far to much value to me as of now. So give me Diana, frame your little assassin girl. Then we can do business. Deal?" Tom asked holding a hand out to Lorenzo. Just waiting for his answer. Whether he agreed or refused. His life was all on his answer. Tom knew Spike was just itching to rip out some hearts. Tom was half tempted to just let him loose. But it would have been messy, and after waking up in a incinerator. Tom didn't feel like getting messy.

Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool Boss Boss

mentioned ~ Depresso Espresso Depresso Espresso

Last edited:
TerraBooma TerraBooma Boss Boss
gatekeeper.jpg

The eyeball began to blink in rapid succession, as it began processing the questions that Colt had asked. Seconds went by without a response until finally it began to speak in a monotone, computerized voice. "Answer, my name is E-2, secondary support fragment of the gatekeeper's defense conduit. Processing your second question...processing...processing...conclusion determined. Your crew lacks the necessary permissions, unable to provide an answer for 'who is the gatekeeper.' " Cheerful hums followed the eyeball's explanation, and although his answers were far from ideal, there was no time for further questions. Frantic cries began to sound from the crewman who began to shout and point at the rapidly approaching destination. "Brace for impact!" One of them announced to the ship, and not a second too soon before...CRASH...

The collision with the cliff side of the island sent violent tremors across the weakened hull of the ship. Wood began to splinter and tear across its body, yet even still, it managed to maintain its overall form--perhaps through copious amounts of luck that was spent far too soon in the journey. The eyeball, which still remained above the stern, was unaffected by the shockwaves of the collision, and required zero recovery to begin its next steps as a guide. It turned to face the off-balance crew, to whom it began speaking towards in a nonchalant tone. "Allow me to welcome you as the second guests of the Court of Ravenwood. Please have all weapons at the ready, as you prepare for your imminent encounter with the Gatekeeper in three...two...one..." The body of the eyeball began to morph--its spherical shape becoming far more defined with a series of surfaces and edges that formed a diamond-like figure. Gone was its somewhat hospitable tone and demeanor, replaced by the true nature of its role as a guide. Enemy vessel detected, engaging long-range offensive mode, railgun online. Marking..." There was a small flash of light that flickered around its eye, and soon, a red target symbol began to form on the surface of the floor. For a split second, there was a similarly colored line which ran across the center of the ship and extended into the horizon as far as the eye could see...and just like that, the ship was no more.

A thin blast of concentrated hollow energy shot from the center of the island and pierced through the hull without any form of resistance. Luck did not favor the crewman inside, who were instantly disintegrated by the force of the blast; at least, those on the surface had been given some form of warning to jump overboard and out of the way. The wake of destruction was awe-inspiring. Not only had the ship been reduced to the remnants of two, pitiful halves, but also, the very sea had been split along the path of the railgun. If there was anyone unimpressed by what had just occurred, it was likely only the eyeball who observed the destruction, and soon began its subsequent report. Destruction of enemy vessel confirmed, multiple remaining targets now confirmed, determining collective close combat to be the optimal approach, engaging void transport system...

It was several metres of cliff that bordered the waterline where the crew and Colt were stranded. For those who had gone overboard, there was no easy way to reach the land above their heads, yet it soon proved unnecessary their bodies were soon swallowed by a series of familiar mirrors. The overall journey was several seconds through a mind-numbing void; before dirt met the end of their fall with a dull, but somewhat painful thud. Their new location was a wide, open clearing within the stretch of forest, just outside of the mansion's courtyard. It was a mile in width and length, and bordered a tall metal fence whose entryway was guarded by the purest definition of grotesque. The creature stood nearly seven feet in height and was composed of a freeform material that shuddered and shifted ever so often. Numerous appendages hung from the sides of its body, while several of the spherical eyeballs floated in the air space surrounding it. An inhuman noise escaped its body; a primal growl with layers of complexity that seemingly resembled a foreign language. Again, the noise sounded, then again, and again, until finally, it spoke in the human tongue. "Sam...Colt...you are not welcome in our land." it growled with a palpable sense of animosity. "Are you here to desecrate the memory of our master, even further than you have thus far?"

The creature didn't wait for a reply, instead the eyeballs surrounding its body began a sudden transformation into a third, triangular shape. Uploading Nightmare Sequence: Carnival to the surrounding zone...Hollow energy began to gather around each of the eyeballs; up until the point that it was expelled in an all-encompassing wave that exploded outwards from the sources...engaging...

Sudden darkness befell the area, blotching out all visibility that Colt and the crew once had. Nonetheless, it was not an attack that followed the sudden curse; but rather a voice which spoke with a sense of general amusement. It was a familiar voice--one that was simple and boring, yet familiar enough to bring chills to everyone who heard it. "I suppose you surprised me after all, James." it spoke with a small tut. "Never would have expected anyone to commit suicide, though given the situation, perhaps it was the sensible decision after all."

Colt and the crew were in an enclosed arena that was filled with a series of mirrors along the perimeter of the space. In addition to the voice, there were two additional bodies--one being the body of Ashlei who lay battered and unmoving on the ground; while the other was a corpse that rested in a pool of blood which had formed from its own severed neck. Then there was the source, standing in the pool of blood, with his glowing, crimson eyes staring directly at Sam. "I owe you your friend back, at least." Fushinsetsu said with a chuckle, right before tossing the severed head which landed and rolled right under Sam's feet. Its eyes were staring upward, yet in them was the fear..the fear which would remain permanently etched into their hollow gaze forever.

| Yue Chan |
Afternoon
Brookfield | Downtown

Soul Food

It wasn't every day that a person could brag about taking a photo with a star, even if that star's light had long-since dimmed. Yue's self-imposed selfie with James was now embedded into the void of technology to be remembered for ages to come. However, not everyone was having their best day. Lee's head was tipped up just enough to watch Yue pass by one of Soul Food's frontward windows - the window their table was stationed at. He saw well enough to notice her slight glow from James' encounter and opt'd to stare down empty seat where she had sat. Lee imagined many ways that their brunch could have gone. Having it robbed by a former boxer wasn't exactly what he had expected. The waiter arrived at his table with hands full of the food Lee had ordered with Yue. One awkward explanation later and suddenly Lee had an extra serving of pulled pork to finish.

Late Afternoon
Brookfield | Downtown
Raven's Nest | Near Yue Chan's Dormitory

The walk back to Yue's neighborhood felt shorter than usual. Raven's Nest was a suburban community owned by Ravenwood to provide its students easy living during their college years. It was known for it's frequent community events and loud parties. As Yue approached the door to her abode, she could feel the vibration from heavy footsteps from within. Hushed voices communicated back and forth, but it was hard enough to understand what either voice was saying from the front door.

Walking in, Yue could immediately spot one of the masked home invaders carrying some of her trophies in his arms. Several of Yue's awards held precious metals in them to increase their already prestigious value. Having been spotted, the burglar bolted for the open window he came through.

Yue Chen
She was feeling pretty upbeat. Even small changes in the environment made her mood take a big turn. She was walking through the neighborhoods. Even if she was a small sized person, Yue was quite fast from her legs. She was not the biggest fan of this place, students tended to be very loud. Then again, she had an excuse to shout and rage aloud without anyone questioning her. When she arrived behind her door, she was just about to open the door. Stopping herself, the young woman furrowed her brows. She could clearly hear speech, whispers and heavy footsteps. She patted her coat, drawing her gun. Did she have a concealed carry permit? No. Did she still carry a gun in public places? Yes. Besides, it was just an air pistol. Sure it could kill someone, but she trusted her aim enough not to shoot someone through their head. It was rare, air pistols rarely did such damage.

Swinging the door open, she had awkward eye contact with whoever was trying to steal her medals. Anything but her prizes! After initial confusion, Yue could feel the boiling rage pent up in her release. "I'm going to let you go if you put those down," she was too late. The invaders were already about to bolt through the window. She sprinted after them without any hesitation. She jumped out of her window too, not really looking where she was landing. Her own children were being kidnapped, so of course, her adrenaline would blind her and she'd mindlessly jump through windows.
"Get back here bitch, before I kill you!" it was like watching a midget get angry. A midget with some scarily impressive aura and the conscience of a toddler. If she'd shoot now, she wouldn't even feel bad.

Janaiya Wilkinson | Yue Chan
Afternoon
Brookfield | Downtown

Raven's Nest | Near Yue Chan's Dormitory

There was nothing quite like an angry march to get the lead out, but Janaiya's plan to get her mind off of things only resulted in her running into another problem - literally. As Janaiya was about to walk past an alley, a figure about her height had crashed into her with enough momentum to bring both of them down. Scattered across the pavement were various awards the masked man was carrying. As he skittered up to his feet with no intention of apologizing, he worked to collect every award he had dropped in the accident. That was, until a very angry voice rang out from the alley wince he'd came.

"Get back here bitch, before I kill you!"

Having seen Yue still keeping up with him, the thief decided to bolt across the street with what he had in that moment. A bus had nearly hit the man as he crossed, but offered him the perfect cover to slip out of Yue's line of sight before the bus had continued down the road. Unfortunately for him, he left more than just a couple of awards. Tossed along with some of Yue's belongings was a decorated note that must have fallen out of his pocket. It's contents was an address written beside a dollar sign.

Janaiya may have noticed her pocket was a tad lighter. Where was her phone?

Diana Young
( Boss Boss )
Diana let out a breathe she didn't know she was holding in, hissing at the movement she made moving away from the blood that came out of nowhere, the pitch blackness of it making it seem dangerous enough. Sitting still for a moment she was captivated by the amount of butterflies that came out of nowhere as well. The butterfly landing on her shoulder making her jump slightly thinking it was going to explode again, in which it didn't.

Moving to stand she went into a light jog trying to catch up to Axel before standing next to her with a blank expression, "Please tell me their not going to all be as hard as that. I just want to kill them, take their weapons and get whatever we came here to get." Saying that she cast a look at Axel, watching for her reaction before she turned her head to look at the great expanse of snow, seeing the large smoke pillar rising in the distance which she could only assume was the train.

small Janaiya.png
"What the hell!" caught off guard, the collision sent her falling over, instinctually, she put her arms up behind her head to prevent her from getting a concussion. Janaiya sat up expecting apologies, or rather silently demanding an apology as the man picked his stuff up and his phone, was he wearing a mask?
"Get back here bitch, before I kill you!"
She turned her head towards the noise and it began to dawn on her what was happening but before she could turn to grab him, he was already bolting away.
"Hey! Asshole!" She got up, but he was already out of sight. The tall girl looked down, the shine of a medal catching her eye but then she spotted the paper. She bent down and picked up the note. If some dumbass got robbed, it wasn't her business. She turned the note over in her hands, an address and a dollar sign. Janaiya looked over at the fair skinned woman, she looked sort of familiar but she couldn't place her finger on where she had seen her. A model? The woman was pretty even if the murderous expression was stuck on her face. Janaiya could sympathize, but again it wasn't her problem. She extended the piece of paper towards the shorter woman.
"Hey, think the guy is heading here, maybe." not that it mattered, Brookfield was a pretty big city. She would have more luck finding a needle in a hay stack especially since the guy obscured his face. At this point she just wanted a ride home, but as she reached into her pocket-

No wait.
No. Wait.

She whipped around, but he had been long gone. She could not just lose her phone. She had broken one already this year alone from... previous angry tossing, and her aunt would rather leave her high and dry than buy her another one, wasn't her credit card in the case too? She furrowed her eyebrows as she patted down her empty pockets again, she had no intention of letting that son of a bitch get away with it now. Although her brain was trying to tell her the odds were still low of catching this guy even with two people, she wouldn't be satisfied until she broke that man's nose with her fist.
"On second thought, mind if I tag along?"
It's probably a pawn shop he takes the stuff he stole to, she figured. If they got there first they could cut him off... maybe. The chances were low that he would even be there but it was a lead.

hwayi hwayi

Last edited:
Yue Chen
She looked quite ridiculous to say at least. Yue still had her backpack on, looking like a middle schooler on a murder mission. She heard some screams from nearby, and just as she turned around the corner, it was already too late. All that she could see was a teenager sitting on the cold hard ground. She looked just as confused as Yue did. The older girl bolted towards the girl, drawing a conclusion that the asshole had passed from here. She turned everywhere, 360 degrees on her heels. Nowhere to be seen. Letting out a frustrated sound, she sounded like she was about to cry. Whenever she was frustrated, it would always turn into tears. Anything but her medals. She swallowed loudly and wiped her eyes as she crouched to collect her stuff. Quietly, she took her backpack off and stacked them back. That's when she remembered the girl that was sitting in front of her. Her only clue.

She looked at the stranger like she was about to kill her too. Ears wide open, she listened to what she had to say. Her eyes darted to the paper and she grabbed it. Reading the paper over and over again she looked at the girl again. She was petting her pocket that seemed to be empty. It quickly registered in Yue's brains too. Not only did he have the audacity to go after Yue, but this poor girl also had to be a victim too. The darker girl changed her mind in the span of seconds, seeing that she benefitted from this chase too.

"On second thought, mind if I tag along?"
"We're going to find that bastard. He can't be too far. He can't get too far. Those medals have my name carved in them. I'm not letting him go," she still had yet to calm down and catch her breath. Standing up and dusting herself, Yue swiped her hair away behind her ear. She realized to hide her pistol, some people were staring and whispering around them. Controlling herself, she did everything to not lash out on them and tell them to scram. She dug her nails in her palms, looking at the girl with a very determined face.

Kiosk Kiosk

Last edited:
Camilla Ferrari | Lucy Black
Afternoon
???
Interrogation Room

Camilla wanted to curse herself a thousand times over. It was like a mysterious force kept her from speaking her next words, knowing full well that either decision she made would end in somebody's untimely death. Deep down, she knew Len was right. There were many things Dominic had to do to keep the village safe, but some deeds were unnecessarily dark, and no amount of explanation could make it any lighter. She remembered the screams of the captured soldiers echoing throughout the castle's halls. It's to protect the village, he claimed. Before Camilla realized it, she looked up at Len and uttered her reply. "You only want my father?" She had to ask. She would never forgive herself if her actions harmed those that didn't deserve it deep down. "He threatens the peace more than anyone else."

Camilla glanced back at the crime scene photos. No more needless bloodshed, no more secrets. The madness surrounding her family needed a conclusion.

She exhaled steadily, calming her conflicted heart before she forced out her final answer. "I'll do it."

Had Camilla been staring at anything but the pictures, she would have noticed a relived smile slip out of Len and disappear as quickly as it came. "There is no.. address, or anything like that." Camilla added. That was when Len's phone vibrated with a message, temporarily breaking the tense air for a moment while she read the message in silence.

"I have a plan for this. Capturing Dominic will be a silent operation - no other host needs to be involved. It's-.. the least I can do to alleviate what we've done to your brother." For a moment, Camilla's soul brightened. Helping out the Dominion was not exactly a method she'd use to give justice to Logan, but if the village as a whole could finally live outside of the Dominion's crosshairs as an apology, Camilla would take it. "Now where is Lucy?"

Afternoon
???
Dark Hall

"That honestly depends on your friend here." Ben responded. It was honestly intriguing to see someone as skittish and shut-in as Lucy show worry for a murderer she'd known for two days tops. He wondered if Camilla also had her father's charm, too. Before they knew it, Len was escorting Camilla out of the interrogation room, and similarly, Ben showed Lucy the way out towards the hall, where she was once again met up with Camilla.

"You're going home, Lucy. Everything will be okay." was the first words Camilla spoke to her. She imagined Lucy would want nothing to do with a cold-blooded killer like her. The least she could manage was Lucy's immunity and freedom from their conflict. "Not so fast, Ferrari." Len interjected. "We're holding both you and Lucy in Dominion custody until your father is safely subdued." Camilla opened her mouth to protest, but was cut off again. "There's simply too many variables that could sully our deal before it reaches it's fruition, but if you honor your end, we'll honor ours."

It wasn't exactly the deal they had discussed, but upon hearing 'variables', it clued into her mind that someone was out there looking for her, and it would only be a matter of time before they hear about her detainment and try to rescue her. Her first thought was Samantha, who was abruptly cut off from the girl the moment the collar was placed. She had a faint idea about how powerless Samantha must have felt in that situation, and the determination for revenge that followed.

"The two of you will be relocated to a safe house. Ferrari, I'll need you to lead us to your father if the operation is to go smoothly, so rest up and await my call." Like a sad puppy, Camilla gazed down at the ground. She didn't like the idea of leading the Dominion directly to her birthplace, but she did agree that her father was getting out of control, and could soon be a danger for everyone - not just the Dominion. Two faint beeps ebbed from her restraints, and suddenly the cuffs that held her arms behind her form had been taken off. The collar remained, however. Surprised, she stared at her own hands in a daze of disbelief. They trusted her to that extent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back