• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Yugioh World Adventure (Capsule-Monster Based adventure RP) - Starting Soon!

How do you want to do this?

• Option 1 - Decks and Trading

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Option 2 - Capture Cards

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Option 3 - Both!

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
( All card images cropped from images found on Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Database - YGOPRODECK )
1569359508656.png1569359521697.png
Hey there! I had an idea that sounded cool to me, and thus I wanted to share. Basically, the players are gamers who find themselves lost in a world where the monsters and creatures of yugioh are real. Some are the same as other "NPC" citizens, while others are actually beasts. Card effects may be used as inspiration for their abilities, though in general the card appearance is the thing used the most. Spells may be places, equipment, or spells. In essence, we are not using most card rules or actually playing the game.
1569361634040.png1569361673145.png
There are two ways I was thinking we could do this, and perhaps it could even be combined! The first way is to have the players have their decks (recipes not needed) or at least a few favorite cards. Through the adventure they gain new cards through looting, trading, and buying.

The other way is that they start with a single monster card, and a capture card or two. The capture cards work like pokeballs, allowing the characters to capture the energies of any card, and add it to their deck.

1569362146938.png1569362241305.png
1569362300941.png

If you're interested, please leave a vote and a post stating your interest! If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask! Thank you for your time!​

Last edited:
Interested. What would be the overall plot?
Thank you for your interest!

Plot could be them trying to get home, which of course will only occur after they save the world - generic, maybe, but not terrible IMO. Though it's also open for discussion!

I ain't even phased about dragons or black lustre soldiers...
won't those man eater bugs and yomi ships wreck all the shit?

I ain't even phased about dragons or black lustre soldiers...
won't those man eater bugs and yomi ships wreck all the shit?
Not fully sure how to answer that! I mean, if we were actually using rules then yes. But given the fact we're not really using card and game rules.... probably not

I would be interested but to be brutally honest I not sure if I would have the time (I'm currently involved in two other RP's.) Just an idea but you could go down the Capsule Monsters route in regards to monsters and their acquisition.
latest

Not sure to be honest, the idea is good but I lost alot of care when I learned man eater bugs and yomi ships wouldn't be the powerhouse effects I loved from the emulated GBA games haha
Like cell when he sees charizard but then learns it isn't a dragon type

I may not join this sorry as I'm busy with work and trying to start other writing games

I am both interested and happy with a small group but before I make a potential commitment, what would be the post requirement? Specifically frequency?
Well, for posting I would prefer once a week, if not quicker. For actual content, at least a good paragraph of writing - something to help move the scene forward. More isn't turned away, but I know I sometimes have trouble with making longer posts, so I don't want to force anyone else into it.

Well, for posting I would prefer once a week, if not quicker.

That should be fine. I often find I get left behind in some of the RP's that require posts on a more frequent basis.

For actual content, at least a good paragraph of writing - something to help move the scene forward. More isn't turned away, but I know I sometimes have trouble with making longer posts, so I don't want to force anyone else into it.

A paragraph is generally how much I post. My opening post's are often longer but it varies.

Oooh, I want in.

So, none of that traditional dueling right? That stuff's tough on a forum these days.

Oooh, I want in.

So, none of that traditional dueling right? That stuff's tough on a forum these days.
Yeah it won't be traditional dueling. At the moment leaning towards Capsule Monsters. That is, somehow awaken monsters who fight for you, get absorbed into gauntlet, and made into capsules that you can either use in combat (put them into the gauntlet and they form out of energy) or trade merchants or others for different capsules.

Working on the OOC now, but at work for a while. Should be up before the end of today

Yeah it won't be traditional dueling. At the moment leaning towards Capsule Monsters. That is, somehow awaken monsters who fight for you, get absorbed into gauntlet, and made into capsules that you can either use in combat (put them into the gauntlet and they form out of energy) or trade merchants or others for different capsules.

Working on the OOC now, but at work for a while. Should be up before the end of today

Do we get to choose starting Monsters?

Do we get to choose starting Monsters?
That's one thing I'm thinking on. First thought is that we get to pick one monster that isn't a very powerful or very iconic one. So perhaps three stars max?

Also, their capabilities will mostly be based on their appearance and less so their card rules. There may probably be some influence, but we aren't doing full rules so.. yeah

Also, their capabilities will mostly be based on their appearance and less so their card rules. There may probably be some influence, but we aren't doing full rules so.. yeah

Does that mean that some cards without an effect might have one and vice versa depending on the art?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back