• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Yugioh - Numbers Rising

I just came up with some 'catchphrases' for my character.
"Going all out just ain't my style. Sometimes you've just gotta sit back and enjoy the show, ya know?"
"When my back's against the wall and I'm givin' it my all you just know I'm gonna make sure you're the one who takes the fall."
"Doesn't matter if your monster's strong and tall, a little teamwork from the small and it'll fall."

Too lame, or are they decent catchphrases?

I just came up with some 'catchphrases' for my character.
"Going all out just ain't my style. Sometimes you've just gotta sit back and enjoy the show, ya know?"
"When my back's against the wall and I'm givin' it my all you just know I'm gonna make sure you're the one who takes the fall."
"Doesn't matter if your monster's strong and tall, a little teamwork from the small and it'll fall."

Too lame, or are they decent catchphrases?
Hey, that's pretty good

"you lack faith, that is why you lose!"
"what me, hurt an innocent fly? Only If it doesn't buzz off!"
"what do you think your doing crab?!"
"you wouldn't hurt that sweet innocent kuribo would you? WELL IT WILL HURT YOU! HAHAHA!"

Are these decent catch phrases?

I'd recommend using the website I used to create your decklist. You can search the cards you want (or see if there are cards that do what you want) and add them to the deck with no hassle. It even takes into account the banlist.

Krashkube Krashkube
Ok, I know this card's banned in the TCG (although in OCG it's unlimited) but could I add Self-Destruct button to one of my decks as a joke? Something that just repeatedly shows up and wastes a card of my character's opening hand every once in a while.

I'd recommend using the website I used to create your decklist. You can search the cards you want (or see if there are cards that do what you want) and add them to the deck with no hassle. It even takes into account the banlist.

It's all good. I have Duelingbook and YgoPro.

Krashkube Krashkube
Ok, I know this card's banned in the TCG (although in OCG it's unlimited) but could I add Self-Destruct button to one of my decks as a joke? Something that just repeatedly shows up and wastes a card of my character's opening hand every once in a while.
The thing about Self Destruct Button is that it can cheese away wins if you set it, so imma have to say no

If you want a joke card put in shapesnatch

The thing about Self Destruct Button is that it can cheese away wins if you set it, so imma have to say no

If you want a joke card put in shapesnatch
Naaaah. Shapesnatch doesn't fit the theme.
But I get where you're coming from, I'll find something else to use as a joke hand ruiner.
Do you think Lucky Punch would be a good fit?

I think I'll add a second joke card too, Big Win!?
Two chances for my character to get completely ruined by luck or win big, fitting with Fortune Tune being his Number Card. Heheh.

>sweet, innocent girl gets antitopian
>manipulative and ruthless cult leader gets utopia
>both use syllables

How's that for some cosmic irony?

Well, I use Ironic in the sense that you'd expect and evil person to get the 'evil' Utopia and a good person to get the 'good' Utopia. Here, it's reversed. The 'evil' person got Utopia and the 'good' person got Antitopian.

I know the difference between a coincidence and general irony. I agree that the syllables part is a coincidence, but the coincidence supports the irony described above.

(If I'm reading too much into this then I'm sorry, but I don't like being called out when I use words correctly.)

Well, I use Ironic in the sense that you'd expect and evil person to get the 'evil' Utopia and a good person to get the 'good' Utopia. Here, it's reversed. The 'evil' person got Utopia and the 'good' person got Antitopian.

I know the difference between a coincidence and general irony. I agree that the syllables part is a coincidence, but the coincidence supports the irony described above.

(If I'm reading too much into this then I'm sorry, but I don't like being called out when I use words correctly.)
That depends how you'd define 'Utopia.'

>sweet, innocent girl gets antitopian
>manipulative and ruthless cult leader gets utopia
>both use syllables

How's that for some cosmic irony?
Well... I mean... In a very strange roundabout way considering what is and isn't a utopia is subjective from person to person someone manipulating others towards their goals would sort of make sense given the dictionary definition of "an imagined community or society that possesses highly desirable or nearly perfect qualities for its citizens." And with the 'sweet, innocent girl' being pretty much the opposite of the 'ruthless cult leader' it actually kind of fits that they'd have antitopian in a...very weird way. I still think it's some interesting irony though. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back