• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Yugioh - Numbers Rising

Krashkube Krashkube
Just letting you know while I finish up my decklist(s), I'm claiming
Number 49: Fortune Tune
as my Number card... Not that anyone else is likely to take it. .-.

Really? Huh. That card usually gets overlooked by most people. It's been a personal favorite of mine for a while though ever since I figured out how to abuse the absolute heck out of it in certain archetypes.
Why else do you think it was my 2nd choice? I made a stylistic choice with #104 since it went with the character and deck I'm creating.

Why else do you think it was my 2nd choice? I made a stylistic choice with #104 since it went with the character and deck I'm creating.
Ah, smart! Number 104 is definitely a powerful (and somewhat underused card in my opinion) and I'm fairly sure that I have a decent idea what the character you're making will be like given your choice.

Tell me! I love hearing guesses about myself.
Well, since we're talking about Masquerade here there's a few interpretations that come to mind immediately. The first one is a fairly obvious one, a character who's an actor or performer of some sort. After all, actors and performers often have to put on different facades in order to play their parts. The second one is also... well... somewhat obvious as an interpretation, someone who hides things from others. A dark past, a mistake, wrongdoings, etc, a person who lulls others into believing lies about them or just straight up hides their true self behind a facade. It could also be a person who hides things from themselves, deceives themselves, although this is a bit more far-fetched. This is just the interpretations I've come up with so far really, I could probably come up with more possible interpretations if it wasn't nearly midnight here and I wasn't so tired.

Well, since we're talking about Masquerade here there's a few interpretations that come to mind immediately. The first one is a fairly obvious one, a character who's an actor or performer of some sort. After all, actors and performers often have to put on different facades in order to play their parts. The second one is also... well... somewhat obvious as an interpretation, someone who hides things from others. A dark past, a mistake, wrongdoings, etc, a person who lulls others into believing lies about them or just straight up hides their true self behind a facade. It could also be a person who hides things from themselves, deceives themselves, although this is a bit more far-fetched. This is just the interpretations I've come up with so far really, I could probably come up with more possible interpretations if it wasn't nearly midnight here and I wasn't so tired.
You're striking at his shadow. Ooh, this is going to be fun.

accepted, Deskbot Infinity seems a bit OP even with its summon conditions because not only can you recycle the specific ED monsters you have, but all that's required is a discard to keep it on the field each turn and its "lose if this leaves the field" effect can be circumvented by any form of LP gain.
Well, if you haven't noticed the deck itself has no life point gain in the slightest, meaning the only way to circumvent that is for the opponent to actually use a card that actively heals their opponent. Not only that, but non-targeting removal throws it straight off the field. (Also I sort of went through it to see how difficult it would be to get ALL the cards necessary for it's summoning anywhere outside of the deck and extra deck in the first place, and it would be near impossible to pull this off unless a duel was dragged out for a ridiculously long time and you would have to be actively trying to get this card out as hard as you could anyway. Trust me, the recycling is what keeps it from being useless as a last resort because by that point, if you didn't recycle everything it would mean you'd already completely lost the duel with no way to bounce back even WITH it's effects because by that point you'd have used pretty much absolutely every resource you had even if you were actively trying to summon it as quickly as possible.) I could change the "If this card leaves the field you lose 1 Life Point" to "If this card leaves the field you lose the duel." though, since that sort of does fit a lot better with the desperate last resort theme. As for the only needing to discard a card to keep it on the field... when there's things like Master Peace, The True Dracoslayer which have ridiculous amounts of protection and no cost to keep them on the field a card that's powerful, but only with protection from being DESTROYED by card effects isn't too ridiculous since you can still banish it, negate it's effects, return it to the hand, SEND it to the graveyard, send it back to the extra deck... Yeah it really has a lot of outs. Plus there's the fact that in order to activate its removal effects you have to discard too, meaning that the draw phase gains you nothing and using its activated effects actively slowly brings it closer to death. Deskbot 045 is actually technically more useful than Deskbot Infinity is when you think about it, making Deskbot Infinity only useful as a desperate attempt to save yourself.
If you still think it's too OP though I could try and just rework it from the ground up.

Well, if you haven't noticed the deck itself has no life point gain in the slightest, meaning the only way to circumvent that is for the opponent to actually use a card that actively heals their opponent. Not only that, but non-targeting removal throws it straight off the field. (Also I sort of went through it to see how difficult it would be to get ALL the cards necessary for it's summoning anywhere outside of the deck and extra deck in the first place, and it would be near impossible to pull this off unless a duel was dragged out for a ridiculously long time and you would have to be actively trying to get this card out as hard as you could anyway. Trust me, the recycling is what keeps it from being useless as a last resort because by that point, if you didn't recycle everything it would mean you'd already completely lost the duel with no way to bounce back even WITH it's effects because by that point you'd have used pretty much absolutely every resource you had even if you were actively trying to summon it as quickly as possible.) I could change the "If this card leaves the field you lose 1 Life Point" to "If this card leaves the field you lose the duel." though, since that sort of does fit a lot better with the desperate last resort theme. As for the only needing to discard a card to keep it on the field... when there's things like Master Peace, The True Dracoslayer which have ridiculous amounts of protection and no cost to keep them on the field a card that's powerful, but only with protection from being DESTROYED by card effects isn't too ridiculous since you can still banish it, negate it's effects, return it to the hand, SEND it to the graveyard, send it back to the extra deck... Yeah it really has a lot of outs. Plus there's the fact that in order to activate its removal effects you have to discard too, meaning that the draw phase gains you nothing and using its activated effects actively slowly brings it closer to death. Deskbot 045 is actually technically more useful than Deskbot Infinity is when you think about it, making Deskbot Infinity only useful as a desperate attempt to save yourself.
If you still think it's too OP though I could try and just rework it from the ground up.
I suppose you're right, though I would suggest changing the "lose 1 LP" part to "lose the duel". Deskbots can also get cards into their hands pretty fast but that's balanced too by discarding for the effects

Reserving Numbers 9 (Dyson Sphere), 48 (Shadow Lich) and 73 (Abyss Splash) for future NPC chars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back