• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Yugioh - Numbers Rising

Krashkube

Fun Verboten at all Times
Interest Check
IC
Character Sheets

Far into the future, the game of Duel Monsters had become a popular sport, to the point where nearly everyone was playing it. However, during a recent tournament in Siren City, a large city with many Duel Monsters players, strange cards known as "Numbers" began popping up around the city, even making their way into the two finalists' decks. Shortly after, various people and groups began looking for these Numbers, while you have just arrived in Siren City, curious about the rumors popping up around these strange cards...

1: Standard RPI rules go here
2: Obey the GM (stands for God Man)
3: No meta, lock or OTK decks (since we're going with forum-based duels this will make playing vs. them even less fun)
4: Post characters in the Character Sheets section, don't clog the OOC with them please
5: While this is a Numbers-focused RP, you may also run Synchro, Fusion or Pendulum-based decks as well.
6: Not exactly a rule but because Siren City is so large, feel free to create your own settings/locations within the city
7: 1 Number per character at first

This RP takes place in an "Alternate Universe" separate from the other Yugioh series, and your characters are generally coming into play around 2 months after the first incident with the numbers happened IC. Additionally, your characters can also either be lone wolves or allied with one of two groups looking for these Numbers. The groups are:

Ghost Rare Hunters (GRH): A group of thugs that hoards rare cards and sells them to legitimate card shops or other duelists at a ludicrous price. Lately, however, they've turned to collecting Numbers. Their reasons for this are unknown, but most assume it's just so they can sell them off.

Lanius Labs: The company that mass-produces cards, duel disks (think Kaiba's disk from DSOD, that's the kind of disk they make), and D-Gazers for the general public, whatever you need they can make. The sudden appearance of the Numbers has surprised them greatly, however, they are currently trying to mass-produce Numbers for an unknown reason.

The Collective: They want all the number cards but instead of beating duelists and just taking them, they have a more unique way. If a duelist shows in battle that they are capable, if they lose, they are branded which is basically something a member of the Collective can do which puts their number over somewhere on their body. It enslaves the character to the Collective and my character and they still can use their number card. However, if a duelist doesn't show good dueling and they lose, their number card is taken and they are still branded, they're just used as regular servants around the Collective's HQ, taking care of the needs of the actual duelists. They also work with the Ghost Rare Hunters (which their leader is a puppet of the Collective) and they are in a war with Lanius Labs, who are currently trying to mass produce Numbers. (credit to Ghost Toast Ghost Toast as it's his idea)

Number 9: Dyson Sphere - Lara Thomson (Krashkube)

Number 11: Big Eye - Tetram Gatagami (Skulzortheskeletalsamurai)

Number 23: Lancelot, the Dark Knight of the Underworld - Osamaru Bloodmoon (Firestorm)

Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction - Entima Razomi (Zacharychi)

Number 39: Utopia - Colin Lenard (Ghost Toast)

Number 48: Shadow Lich - Reserved for an NPC

Number 49: Fortune Tune - Marcus Grey (SolemnSongbird)

Number 57: Tri-Head Dust Dragon - Wyatt Verne (Krashkube)

Number 73: Abyss Splash - Reserved for an NPC

Number 74: Master of Blades - Nick Harlo (SolemnSongbird)

Number 94: Crystalzero - Haruko Hideaki (YoungX)

Number 96: Dark Mist - Hiro Takuya (Vagabond Spectre)

Number 98: Antitopian - Sayaka Gyaku (Ammokkx)

Number 101: Silent Honor ARK - Arctic Jackson (Dishonoured)

Last edited:
Krashkube Krashkube ...Queeeestion, would Deskbots violate rule 3? I find it hard to classify them as an OTK deck, but I've heard some people consider it as such, but it is easily countered and all that, so, I mean... *shrug*

Krashkube Krashkube ...Queeeestion, would Deskbots violate rule 3? I find it hard to classify them as an OTK deck, but I've heard some people consider it as such, but it is easily countered and all that, so, I mean... *shrug*
No, Deskbots don't violate rule 3, just make sure not to godhand (>lol 003 and machine dupe huehuehue) all the time

Is there a reason to make our decks look like something resembling playable? I'm under the assumption all duels will happen outside of a simulator (which, in my opinion, is a good thing) so I don't see a reason not to make a 60 card hodgepodge for crazier, more varied and more fun options.

Also, would it be allowed to have an entire duel laid out (as in, people have already decided on when certain cards are played) with a predetermined outcome, or does it have to be improvised all the time?

Are there any numbers that get some kind of special treatement? e.g. the 10X numbers for being plot relevant or Number 39 for being Yuma's signature monster, ...

Are we playing strictly with IRL cards or are you going to try the ol' "Numbers can only be destroyed by Numbers (and CXyz)" thing?

Speaking of CXyz, what's the status on Rank-Up Xyz Change and Rank-Up Chaos Change?

Also, what's the technology status like? Are their Duel Runners, D-Gazers or even Solid Light projectors like in Arc-V? Or are we going VR with Vrains? Or what about Kaiba's holographic cards?

Yeah, I really don't know how to make a 'fun' deck. I've pretty much only played to win, so whenever I try for 'fun' it keeps creeping towards a lock deck.

Yeah, I really don't know how to make a 'fun' deck. I've pretty much only played to win, so whenever I try for 'fun' it keeps creeping towards a lock deck.

YGO RPs are best played as if it's not really YGO at all but instead some kind of battle anime. Battle anime are boring if they're curbstomps or one guy keeping the other down forever. Heck, you can still build a lock deck and make it work, as long as you don't overplay the lockdown part.

YGO's anime has always been about big stuff clashing against other big stuff and both sides shaving away the other's life (unless intentional curbstomps happen) so building a deck that's able to both set up effectively and come back effectively should do the trick. If we don't have to make them consistent, it'll become even easier to do so.

Also, don't run too much protection, non-conditional disruption and any floodgates. That's the number 1 way to make a duel boring as sin, from my personal experience.

Is there a reason to make our decks look like something resembling playable? I'm under the assumption all duels will happen outside of a simulator (which, in my opinion, is a good thing) so I don't see a reason not to make a 60 card hodgepodge for crazier, more varied and more fun options.

Also, would it be allowed to have an entire duel laid out (as in, people have already decided on when certain cards are played) with a predetermined outcome, or does it have to be improvised all the time?

Are there any numbers that get some kind of special treatement? e.g. the 10X numbers for being plot relevant or Number 39 for being Yuma's signature monster, ...

Are we playing strictly with IRL cards or are you going to try the ol' "Numbers can only be destroyed by Numbers (and CXyz)" thing?

Speaking of CXyz, what's the status on Rank-Up Xyz Change and Rank-Up Chaos Change?

Also, what's the technology status like? Are their Duel Runners, D-Gazers or even Solid Light projectors like in Arc-V? Or are we going VR with Vrains? Or what about Kaiba's holographic cards?
I guess you could go "60 card pileup", but IC the reason for 40 cards would be more consistency (unless you're running a deck that wants as much cards in the grave as possible, but that's an exception)

Duels should ideally be laid out, but improvisation is fine

No numbers outside of Chaos numbers get special treatment, so go wild :D

You can use custom cards (just make sure to put them down in your character sheet), and since there's a card that grants Numbers their anime effect of "Numbers can only be destroyed by Numbers" we're not using anime number effects

Archetypal Rank-Ups (such as Rank-Up-Magic Skip Force for Raidraptors etc.) are fine from the start, but those for Numbers will be given out later.

Technology is like Kaiba's holographic cards, with D-Gazers and Solid Light projection like in Arc-V as well.

Sorry for not answering sooner, hope this helps

Krashkube Krashkube
Hey, so, my character's going to be using quite a few custom cards (specifically a few monsters, which is why I'm asking mainly), and I'm wondering, do I have to put a description of the card's appearance, or is that something that I can just do when it's summoned during the actual RP?

Krashkube Krashkube
Hey, so, my character's going to be using quite a few custom cards (specifically a few monsters, which is why I'm asking mainly), and I'm wondering, do I have to put a description of the card's appearance, or is that something that I can just do when it's summoned during the actual RP?
You can do it when it's summoned/used in the RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back