• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Yu-Gi-Oh RP Interest Check

YoungX

Hue Master

Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplay Interest Check

Interest Check

One day you receive a letter addressed to you. The sender is from NEX Corporation, a company known for it's electronics. The letter reads as follow:

Dear [Your Name] here,

We of NEX Corporation have selected you to be part of a Duel Monsters competition which the likes no one has seen before! This competition will test to see which of many are skilled duelists. Within this letter are two cards: The Duelist's Pride card (An image of a deck) and a blank card. You are to come to the address below in three days.

We hope to see you soon.

Sincerely,

Nathaniel Banner, CEO of NEX Corporation.

Come to this address:
[Character sees address which leads to some docks in the city]

Welcome fellow RPers to a Yu-Gi-Oh role-play! This RP will start off with duelists coming together on an Island to compete in a competition. As there are many questions I will do my best to shed some light on how this RP will work.

• The RP will not start off with players having a deck from the get go. Instead they will be given the option to select from 11 different starter decks.
  • Players will duel and will constantly receive new cards to boost their deck.
  • They are also given the option to trade and give cards to other players if they so wish. This is to prevent grinding and causing the RP to be too slow if players simply always duel.
  • The two applications will be used for duels since old rules will apply. After all this RP will be within the much older days of Yu-Gi-Oh. They are YgoPro/DevPro and https://www.duelingbook.com
  • Since players receive new cards, they must keep track of what cards they have and are responsible for the cards they currently hold. An easy way is to use the applications to make inventory decks to keep track of them.
Initially I was hoping for the RP to start once Hosted Projects became available to create but it seems that will take awhile. So for now this is how it will be. The RP will be closed but may become open for sign-ups later on.

Last edited:
I was on board until I saw using simulators to play out the duel. Ech. From personal experience, it stifles creativity. I much prefer random draws and roleplaying it out, as I feel you play more like a player and less like a character using simulators.

I was on board until I saw using simulators to play out the duel. Ech. From personal experience, it stifles creativity. I much prefer random draws and roleplaying it out, as I feel you play more like a player and less like a character using simulators.

Well that's understandable. Though for me it can get messy with people roleplaying out their hands and for me I find it easier to just use the simulators. If it's not your cup of tea then I completely understand.

Four peeps. This is good. I'll be setting up the RP so I'll stop with sign-ups once I get adequate amount of people and when I'm done with setting up.

I am beyond down for this, but my computer can't run DevPro, and ever since Dueling Network (RIP) got CD'd, I have no way to simulate a duel. If I can RP it, using some other kind of thingy, is that okay? Also, Shunpei best meme

I am beyond down for this, but my computer can't run DevPro, and ever since Dueling Network (RIP) got CD'd, I have no way to simulate a duel. If I can RP it, using some other kind of thingy, is that okay? Also, Shunpei best meme

Actually there is duelingbook.com. if you have another method of rping it and the other person is ok with it then that's fine.

I have basic character sheets in mind, but until this grabs a decent amount of support, I think it would be best if they stayed in the folder for now. But no, you do not HAVE to be one of the three Heroes. We just cannot start without their players being selected and their characters being made.

Actually there is duelingbook.com. if you have another method of rping it and the other person is ok with it then that's fine.

So there is, huh. I've created my account there, fiddled with building a few decks too. I'm ready to roll now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back