• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

You've Been Invited... [Curse of Strahd Campaign - Play by Post]

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
[class=stoneWrapper] width: 70%; height: auto; margin: auto; border: 4px solid #2b2968; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=stoneImage] width: 100%; height: 220px; background-image: url(http://dnd.wizards.com/sites/default/files/media/styles/story_banner/public/images/head-banner/COS_Hero_Image_fixed.jpg?itok=P4SWhjwt); background-size: 100%; background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; [/class] [class=stoneImageHeader] color: #A3A1B6; font-size: 80px; padding: 20px; line-height: 70px; [/class] [class=stoneTextBox] width: 100%; height: auto; background: #9594b4; [/class] [class=stoneText] color: black; padding: 8px; [/class] [div class=stoneWrapper][div class=stoneImage][div class=stoneImageHeader]You've Been
Invited...
[/div][/div][div class=stoneTextBox][div class=stoneText]Under raging storm clouds, a lone figure stands silhouetted against the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. The vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich stares down a sheer cliff at the village below. A cold, bitter wind spins dead leaves about him, billowing his cape in the darkness. Lightning splits the clouds overhead, casting stark white light across him. Strahd turns to the sky, revealing the angular muscles of his face and hands. He has a look of power-and of madness. His once handsome face is contorted by a tragedy darker than the night itself.

Rumbling thunder pounds the castle spires. The wind's howling increases as Strahd turns his gaze back to the village. Far below, yet not beyond his ken, a party of adventurers has just entered his domain. Strahd's face forms a twisted smile as his dark plan unfolds. He knew they were coming, and he knows why they have come-all according to his plan. He, the master of Ravenloft, will attend to them.

Another lightning flash rips through the darkness, its thunder echoing through the castle's towers. But Strahd is gone. Only the howling of the wind-or perhaps a lone wolf-fills the midnight air. The master of Ravenloft is having guests for dinner. And you are invited. (Curse of Strahd Introduction)

After looking through various books and drolling over them, I have a Gothic itch that I can't quite scratch, so what better way than running a Curse of Strahd campaign!

For those of you who aren't aware of what this is, its a retelling of the age-old module Ravenloft published in 1983. Its supposed to be full of horror, suspense, and all that goodness combined with a curious randomized element in the form of tarokka cards. Now, this is going to be a bit difficult to attract players because yes, this is a semi-scripted campaign. But, it might be good for those new to D&D 5e to get the hang of it.

This is going to be done play-by-post in a thread with all dice rolls taking place in a discord server that I will set up once I get around 4 players. Meaning discord access is more or less required. And I’m expecting players to be able to post at least three paragraphs when able.

Lemme know if you have any questions or are interested![/div][/div][/div]

I'll play, if you'll have me. I've always wanted to experience Ravenloft and wouldn't mind a module to play through.

I'd love to join, but how often are you planning on meeting? My schedule's a bit strict and I don't wanna hold people back :/

coolio. Most important question always- what are you looking for player-wise? What are your expectations and what do you hope to find in us?

coolio. Most important question always- what are you looking for player-wise? What are your expectations and what do you hope to find in us?
Aside from being able to write a decent amount, just have a basic understanding of D&D and it’s mechanics. ^^

Ohshit, Strahd? Hell yeah I"m down for this! Super excited~
Sweet~

I’ll get the discord server set up as we wait for one more :)

Oh hells yes. Been a lifelong fan of Ravenloft (from back when I purchased the original 1e module). I'm less familiar with 5e but am willing to learn for the sake of Ravenloft. <3

Sweet. What kind of a DM are you? What kind of things do you enjoy in a game? Are you a worldbuilder? Do you like to bring in lots of social intrigue into your games? Do you prefer more combat-focused games? Sorry if I'm being obnoxious, I've never done a game with y'all before and I'd like to get a feel for what you'll enjoy.

Sweet. What kind of a DM are you? What kind of things do you enjoy in a game? Are you a worldbuilder? Do you like to bring in lots of social intrigue into your games? Do you prefer more combat-focused games? Sorry if I'm being obnoxious, I've never done a game with y'all before and I'd like to get a feel for what you'll enjoy.
I enjoy world building, my last few games I’ve created custom settings for. However I’m not all that familiar with this module yet so I’m going to have to get used to the setting before taking liberties.

Roleplay/Social > Combat. Combat will happen but 9 times outta 10 I prefer roleplay interaction and so on.

And as Jay said I do like humorous moments, but keeping the tone of this module in mind, I don’t want someone playing a bard that’s going to be trolling the party the entire game. Does that make sense?

Oh hells yes. Been a lifelong fan of Ravenloft (from back when I purchased the original 1e module). I'm less familiar with 5e but am willing to learn for the sake of Ravenloft. <3
Great! Lemme finish this server...

Stone is pretty cool. Good mix of goofy, serious, combat and intrigue.
I'll play, if you'll have me. I've always wanted to experience Ravenloft and wouldn't mind a module to play through.
Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back