• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy You're with us or against us(chaos_generator_13)

Gr1mmReaper2020

Soul Reaper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Name: Jasmine Cromwell
Alias: Jazz or Jasper
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 115lbs soaking wet
Hair: Auburn red
Eyes: Bright purple
Outfit: Purple sleeveless top, light toned skirt, white jacket and gloves with white hat
Personality type: INFJ though her introverted nature can be broken through and become outspoken if something she is super passionate about is threatened or on the topic of discussion
Skills/powers: Electrokinesis, Emotional tempering(sort of like being able to perceive and share emotions with the people around her while being able to dim super heightened emotions like anger if she thinks something bad will happen)
Blood type: (optional) O
Pic: (see below since its the closest I have to being given a visual aspect for my character)
Additional Notes:
-Her Emotion based power tends to overwhelm her when things get too heated and drive her to hide from people.
-Her Electrokinesis is probably her best controlled power since she uses it as a sort of concentration exercise to keep from getting too worked up.
-Being from a super rich family her wardrobe is mostly designer but she isn't a snob, she's super chill and down to earth if you can worm your way past her introverted shell which was born from the super conceited trying to 'befriend' her only to get at her families money
-Closeted lesbian and or bisexual but too afraid to breathe a word of it given her super religious conservative family
Type: Hyperhuman

https___i.pinimg.com_originals_a7_06_78_a70678da9d85079edde6a57a46a746ec.jpg

Starter:
Jasmine sighed as she adjusted her light jacket around her shoulders. Beginning today she would be in college away from her family. It was a blessing and a curse to frank. While her education would be funded by her own money, technically it was part of her inheritance from her richer than rich parents but completely separated from the family account and invested carefully under the hands of career investors that wouldn't dare to piss her off. As much as she despised parts of her family, the Cromwell family name WAS useful. Shaking her head from the thoughts that had unintentionally surfaced she strode into the registrars office and cleared her throat once to catch the woman's attention. "Excuse me, my name is Jasmine Cromwell. I received an email to come pick up my schedule and class information" she said with a slightly soft tone of voice. As she waited for the papers she turned her gaze around the office. A few others were leaving with packets while others, obviously those in the uppers year of their degree programs, walked past the office laughing. There was a cruel sense of jealousy flashing through her chest seeing more than a couple of couples, gay and lesbian couples, watch by laughing hand in hand or each others arms laughing and kissing. Squashing the feeling she took the packet offered to her with a quiet thanks. Turning and leaving the office she wasn't paying full attention to where she was walking until she collided with someone and landed on her butt. "Ow..." Collecting her scattered papers she looked up and froze seeing who she walked into, a rather beautiful girl. "S-so-sorry." She curse her stutter internally as she got the rest of her papers up and scrambled to her feet. It was just her luck, the first day of what would be her biggest trial as an introverted person and her closeted sexuality and desires wanted to peek its head out already after running into one of the most beautiful girls she'd ever seen.

Name: Lucy Davis
Alias: Cobalt
Height: 5'3
Weight: 139 Lbs
Hair: Black, shoulder length curls.
Eyes: Amber, almond.
Outfit: Grey checker print full mask, single long sleeved blue vest. Black leggings and black boots
Personality type (Myers briggs, if you can.)
Skills/powers: Superhuman speed, superhuman dynamic strength, can generate explosions.
Blood type: (optional) AB+
Pic: (optional)
Additional Notes: More of an antihero.
Type: Hyperhuman

Lucy helped the girl that had bumped into her gather her things.
"It's fine. Happens to the best of us."
She looked at the girl. She was cute, in a shy, quiet kind of way.
Her heart fluttered and she smiled at her.
"I'm Luce, by the way."

Jasmine shivered a little as the smile shot her way made her heart race. The raven haired girl was good looking but that smile shot at her made her fight or flight instinct flare up, not out of fear but the momentary spike of arousal. It was blind arousal, a sort of momentary lust and want at first sight, but she managed to keep it down with only just a slight blush. Hearing the acceptance of her apology made her breathe a sigh of relief as she shuffled the papers in her hands. "I guess it does" she said with a sort of half hearted shrug. "Jasmine, it's uh.. it's my first day here. First day in any kind of..public education really."

It was because of her emotion based powers that she had been home-schooled and limited exposure to the general public.

"It's been nice meeting you Luce. I'll uh.. see you around maybe?" The wave of something washing over her made Jasmine had a swell of emotion rush through her veins. With a kind little smile of her own she went on her way. Pausing to reference the map so kindly included in the pile of paper against her class schedule she caught Luce still within her peripheral vision. Giving a little three finger wave over her shoulder she was gone heading towards her first class, English 101, after mustering the nerve to inquire the way to the lecture hall. Humming a little tune under her breath she made small sparks of electricity dance up and down her fingers, a nervous habit that she had long tried to rid herself of when it came to her social anxiety. At a stretch she met a really gorgeous who could become a friend or more but that was nothing more than wild possibilities and conjecture. Making the sparks dance between her fingertips was second nature and unconscious action even as she heard the quiet scorn from those around her. Superhumans were the topic of many peoples hushed conversations, people like herself, and opinion was divided; some were of the mind that both normal people and superhumans could coexist while the other was of the mind, normal people mind, superhumans were a stain on humanities continued existence. She was the only one in her family to have powers, supposedly the family abilities were generational and skipped her mother, and had faced the scorn before so hearing the people around her quietly sneer was nothing new. A sharp pulse of her emotional power silenced them. 'Idiots' she thought settling into a seat near the door.

Luce smiled and continued to her class, letting the memory of the girl, Jasmine, linger on her mind.
She shook her head slightly.
She didn't usually fall like this, but something about that girl appealed to her in a way that her other girlfriends never had.
Glancing at her phone, she hurried to her history class, arriving seconds before the bell.
She wasn't particularly fond of history. Especially the way the professor turned every lesson into a rant on how superhumans were a waste if space on earth, and a bunch of demons.
But it gave her credits, so she dealt with it.

After a few hours of classes Jasmine had never been so happy for the lunch hour to be upon her. In the last couple of classes she maybe a handful of superhumans and while not unexpected, it annoyed her. Superhumans were favorite targets for the near ninety percent that weren't and it was no more obvious than sitting in the classroom listening to one professor or another take a turn at degrading one of the superhumans in their class but seemed to pick up the hint from her sparking fingertips that she would not take their bigotry lying down. Finding a shady secluded spot she pulled a minimal meal from her big purse, tupper wear container with a wrapped sandwich and some fresh grapes with chips, before taking a look around the quad. No one seemed to want to approach her and that was fine by her since the majority were superhuman haters and letting off loads of negative emotions that she'd probably end up sick because of it. Sighing to herself she popped the lid and let the grapes roll around the container absently. Was she making the right choice here by going to college around people who hated superhumans for no other reason than their parents hated superhumans and poisoned their offspring from birth to carry the same vitriol? She wasn't so sure but she knew not all normal people were like that. Her best friend down the road from her childhood home hadn't been like that nor had her parents. Dismissing the thoughts with a mental shake she began picking at her meal. If nothing else came out of this experience she'd have a far tighter grasp on her emotion based power having to guard her and separate her own emotions from these...people who thought her and all superhumans were monsters out to dominate the world. Without thinking her unoccupied went back to sparking bits of electricity down her fingertips and making it dance along the slender digits. Maybe ten minutes into eating she thought she saw the girl from earlier and blushed before immediately looking to her lap. She hoped that Luce didn't see that. It was almost like her body was reacting to a first crush, which Luce was NOT, and out to get her
in some sort of trouble or trying to draw the other girl in.

"Get lost freak!"
"Your kind isn't welcome here!"

The harsh words of passing by normal people hurt but she did her best to not let it show since the double whammy of the words and their nearly black negative emotions hurt her a lot. Wiping her face with her jacket sleeve she saw a few small wet drops staining the material. Great, all she needed was to break down and become more of a pariah than she already was for being a superhuman.

Luce entered the pod just in time to hear someone yell.
"Get lost freak!"
She could see Jasmine in a shady spot, eating her lunch and trying to keep her head down.
She started towards her, putting on her best
smile.
She never told anyone about her powers. She had enough trouble as an uncloseted lesbian. Adding superpowers to the equation would only make her life harder than it was.
As she passed one of the people who had yelled at Jasmine, she gave them a cold stare.
"Get lost, you jack offs."Pplp
She approached Jasmine.
"Hey there... uh... hows it going?"

A tenuous and shaky attempt at a smile, not a very convincing one at that, forced its way onto Jasmine's lips as the guys scattered like they were intimidated. "Better than I expected." Her tone was soft but loud enough for Luce to hear. It was actually going a hundred times worse just from the level of hate and bigotry but she had swore to her parents that she was right, despite the amount of people who hate superhumans there was at least one that cross her path worthy of being trusted that wasn't her childhood friend. "I knew it would be hard but this is nothing compared to the people less fortunate than I am. Those who have to use their powers just to get by and end up being demonized for it..." She winced as a fiercely dark wave of emotions from a jock looking type washed over her and made her want to throw up. While being an Empathetic type superhuman was one of the most powerful abilities out there, it was so much more of a curse than a blessing. "I'll be ok, promise." There was no good reason to shoulder Luce with her troubles, they'd only met one this morning and the other beautiful girl had her own problems to deal with.

A particularly sharp whistle cut through the air as a green eyed, blonde haired bomb shell made her way over to Luce. "Lu, babe, I thought we were going out to eat today" the blonde girl said placing her hands on her hips.

Jasmine's forced smile grew a touch more so. Of course someone as beautiful and breathtaking as Luce had a girlfriend, she couldn't compare to the blonde so why had a par of her hoped the girl was unattached? "Don't let me hold you two up, I promise I'll be fine. I suddenly lack an appetite anyway." Snapping the lid back on her food she pushed herself to her feet. The harsh glares on her back were ignored as she turned to walk away. "Thanks for the concern Luce, I appreciate it."

"Luce, babe, who was that?"

Luce looked at her for a moment.
"Dahra, I'm going to take a rain check today, alright? I have to, uh, get ready for a history test."
The other woman looked a little confused, but nodded and gave Luce a hug before walking away.
"Do you mind if I, er, eat with you?
I feel like I should ask."
Luce could feel her power bubble in her a quietly. A whiff of smoke rose from the skin if her arm.
Sitting beside her, the young woman pulled a container with a cold slice of pizza in it.
"I hope you don't mind. And sorry you had to deal with those morons."

Jasmine's fingers twitched her purse clasp closed as she thought she saw smoke coming off of Luce's arm. She thought it was just a trick of the light though since every superhuman had an energy you could feel in the presence of another and she didn't feel it coming off the beautiful girl. "My father likes to say people suck and disappoint. I don't believe him on that sentiment. Some people disappoint but not all of them. My childhood best friend, she's a normal human and cares about me just as much as she does other people" she said with a weak shrug in response to the first question. "It's sad really, we are born with our powers.. It's not like we asked for them right? Well, except for metahumans. That's a whole different can of radioactive spiders." Her sense of humor was odd but it was a sign that as much as her feelings were hurt by the normal kids, she wasn't about to cry herself to sleep in a dark corner. "Victimizing good people because of hate, fear and jealousy... It only makes the divide between normal people and superhumans worse. Why can't we all just get along? I mean, just off the top of my head I know the police departments and law enforcement could benefit from having superhumans in their ranks.." She shook her head sighing. Deciding to be a bit less depressing she changed the subject. "You can go spend time with your girlfriend if you want, you don't have to stay. It's not the first time I've dealt with people like that though I appreciate the kind sentiment" she said with a weak half smile on her lips to show she meant it.

Luce shook her head, and took a bite of her food.
"She's not my girlfriend. I mean, she'd like to be, but she's not really my type, you know? A friend."
She ate in silence for a moment.
"And it's difficult for them, too.
I mean, it's like living in a world made of paper.
One wrong step and you could break something without even trying.
It's awful."
She shrugged her shoulders.
"People see what they want to see.
They want to see monsters, because superhumans scare them. So superhumans become monsters.
Teachers and philosophers are even worse.
They see superhumans as demons, or a curse from god. Stupid shit like that. I just get really tired of it."

(sorry for making you wait, I'll have a post up today. Had to deal with some family stuff the days)

Jasmine nodded ever so slightly. It was true to a degree, normal non-powered humans were paper dolls compared to superhumans like herself or Luce. "We all do. It's.. It's a curse as much as it's a blessing so they aren't wrong.. In a sense anyways" she said with a sigh. "You could do a lot worse than her you know? She's beautiful. For an asian girl I mean." There was a somber air around her for a moment before shaking her head. "Sorry I'm not the best company. It's harder on me than others.. I have two powers and the fact is that one is more ethereal than the other. Less physical, more mental. Empathy is something prided on with normal people. Not for people like us."

A group of people passed by with sideways looks aimed at the two women. One being the outed lesbian and the other the new girl who no one had a bead on other than the fact she was a superhuman demon.

"My parents didn't want me to come here, to do this. It's my biggest challenge to date with so much exposure to a mass of people. So much exposure to a range of emotions from happiness and love all the way to black hatred and loathing. I'll be ok eventually."

She shook her head.
"It's just as bad for me. At least with the whole world of paper thing.
"I can barely hold something without breaking it.
And even if I don't break something, I get weird looks when people see me cradling stuff like a child.
"All of the stuff I carry around is made of a supermetal. Even my backpack and clothes have threads woven into them."
Luce tugged at a bag strap, accidentally tearing it a little.
Sighing, she looked at Jasmine.
"See?"
She looked at her pizza, mildly disappointed.
"So much for lunch." She muttered under her breath, tossing the ruined pizza at a waste bin.

Jasmine shook her head at the way Luce described how people looked her so weirdly. So what if the other woman cradled stuff like a child would? Being able to touch and hold stuff was something some superhumans couldn't do without damaging the object in question. For a moment her mind wandered to her grandfather who had to wear gloves to touch people since his powers were so strong he couldn't touch another persons with bare hands for fear of zapping them like he was walking stun gun. "Here, like I said I lost my appetite" she said pulling her own lunch from her purse and carefully offered the sandwich with an understanding upturn of her lips. "Normal people can be idiots but at least there's enough of us to have some form of support right?" she asked trying to lift the mood at least a little.

Luce took the sandwich with a grateful look.
"I want to show you something."
From her backpack, she pulled a peice of piping, about 6 inches long, and 3 inches thick.
"This is steel. Pretty solid shit. And I..." she started to squeeze, and the pipe collapsed almost instantly. "Can do that with no effort.
I once hugged my mom too hard as a little kid and nearly broke her back."
And then I get another.
A little girl, string enough to crush rocks and able to turn things into bombs.
My parents, they couldn't handle it."
She shrugged.
Then she smiled.
"If only there were more of us.
I once met a guy who could quantum lock anything to a fixed point in space or time.
It looked awesome when he did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back