Anime & Manga Your Most Hated Anime, ever

bnha/mha. same position as you- liked it for a while when i was about 14, as i grew up i started hating it.

I literally cannot stand MHA. Tried watching it and just got creeped out. Probably would put any weird af anime like that on the list. Or anything gory like,..,.Elfen Lied? (Higurashi fascinated me and I got to episode 5 before I couldn’t do it anymore)

But I thinkkkkkk FMA is the worst because ya girl here started watching the show via THE WORST EPISODE EVER (you know the one, FMA fans…) and I couldn’t stomach it ;_;

One Piece (One Piss), or MHA (Sky High Ripoff) share an equal amount of hatred from me. Don't know which is worse for me.

Familiar of Zero. I watch things mostly when a friend gets me to watch them with them... Even if I'm uncomfortable with something I'll usually stick with it for them. Familiar of zero though, no could do. All the characters were irredeemably awful, I found myself just wanting the antagonist to win even without knowing what they were doing.

I used to not have any strong hatred towards any sort of anime. Some I could sit through, some I couldn't... until FLCL Grunge came out.

And I really like the original FLCL, I have a multitude of FLCL related merch because of how much it means to me, and I liked Progressive in sense and I didn't absolutely hate Alternative either even if gives off the same vibes that Grunge does, it's just Grunge is so unbearably painful for me. I'm not sure if even want to touch Shoegaze after that.

Probably Gundam Seed the most but there are others. As far as Gundam Seed, one word, Flay.

SAO.
the americanized sailor moon. (Imagine actually being weak enough to make a les couple into an accidental incest one...)
Anything overly cute to the point that it is literally the point of its very creation.
4kids. 4kids one piece as yet another name.
Second half of Tokyo Ghoul.
Honestly despite finding things I really liked about it, the initial episodes of cowboy bebop. Holy mother of gasmasks. It was only bad due to hype though.
There is this one episode of Macross I didn't like but I cannot even recall it.
First half of the opening season of AoT. Even though I like the original name better.
There was this one episode of Big O which was pretty much a godzilla thing. I have no idea why I didn't like it because I usually like that thing. Maybe it'd be different if I see it again?

I usually keep going through things I like that's older, films, and arts projects so I don't have much disdainment. I only have a crap list for the localizers generally.

I can't imagine actively hating something like an anime. Same goes for books, video games, movies, etc. If I don't like it, I move on. If it is hugely popular and everyone around me is talking about it and singing it praises, I just move on. If it is an adaptation of something I dearly love and I feel like it doesn't measure up, I just ... move on.

I loved the Dragonlance books as a kid. I still love them, but there is a lot of nostalgia wrapped up in my occasional re-reads. When I found out that they were adapting the first book, Dragons of Autumn Twilight, into an animated film, I was excited. I actually prefer animated adaptations over live action. Then I watched it and thought it was really bad and I just shrugged and moved on. It doesn't change my relationship with the original work. It didn't change the words in the books that are sitting on my shelf.

I was disappointed, for sure, and am aware that failed adaptations like this make it more difficult for future adaptations that might be a lot better to be produced. I get that. But I can't imagine actively hating or rallying against its existence. If I don't like something, I just move on. I don't try to sit and analyze why I didn't like it. I may go back in the future and give it another go or give in to a friend telling me to give it a second shot. Otherwise, I can't be bothered devoting time to something I don't like, even if (especially if) that means tearing it to shreds and talking about how "trash" it is.

But maybe I'm getting off topic. I don't consider myself an "anime fan" but there are a few shows out there I like and a couple I even adore. Three that come to mind that I found disappointing were Psycho-Pass, Death Note, and Tokyo Ghoul.

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru

That a high school age boy can look and sound exactly like his mother is absolute bullshit because 12-year old pre-teen boys are typically about the same size as their mothers and still growing like weeds.

I wouldn't say I hate it but I truly cannot grasp how Shield Hero is supposed to be a good show beyond the first episode.

Hates kind of a strong word but there's a couple of *really* bad ones I watched and genuinely laughed at.
First was Devilman Crybaby. It so blatantly sexualizes women to the point I feel like it has to be on purpose. There's one character where we become far more familiar with her T&A before we even learn her name or face. Or one scene where a guy raps for like 5 minutes about how bad his life is and it makes the girl swoon for some reason??? Or the main character becoming popular at school because he can eat 50 bowls of rice.

Another was one called Devil's Line which I watched with Japanese subtitles and honestly got lost when the police would have their high speed chases and dramatic back and forth. The SOL and drama parts I understood 90% of though. The whole romance between the main characters is so goofy and once more melodrama as all these vampires are forced to kill their loved ones from hunger and it puts a lot of energy to make them sympathetic to the points it tries way too hard.
Good watches when drunk and want a laugh.

I don't hate or even despise any anime, but I'm really disappointed with how RWBY turned out after the first few volumes. That's more of anime-adjacent than anime itself though. As for actual anime, I suppose that I would say maybe My Hero Academia or Attack on Titan? I haven't fully watched through either, but it's my understanding that Attack on Titan became more anti-Semitic later on, between the creator's views and real world parallels. I've also heard that many fans did not like the ending. As for My Hero Academia, I think I'm out of the targeted audience range to enjoy it. That's fine and there is nothing wrong with that. I just think I'm too old to fully relate to early-aged high schoolers. I liked the idea early on that the main character fought through situations using his own skills or dumb luck, but I stopped enjoying it after he developed his own power.

I don't hate or even despise any anime, but I'm really disappointed with how RWBY turned out after the first few volumes. That's more of anime-adjacent than anime itself though. As for actual anime, I suppose that I would say maybe My Hero Academia or Attack on Titan? I haven't fully watched through either, but it's my understanding that Attack on Titan became more anti-Semitic later on, between the creator's views and real world parallels. I've also heard that many fans did not like the ending. As for My Hero Academia, I think I'm out of the targeted audience range to enjoy it. That's fine and there is nothing wrong with that. I just think I'm too old to fully relate to early-aged high schoolers. I liked the idea early on that the main character fought through situations using his own skills or dumb luck, but I stopped enjoying it after he developed his own power.
I totally agree with RWBY as I legit didn't really consider RWBY and anime (that or I'm still salty over Avatar not being marketed in Japan but RWBY was 😅) But it had amazing potential in the first 3 volumes, then V4 and V5 kinda dragged and the cracks began to show. Then by Volume 7, I had just lost all hope for the series. Just the squandered story-beats they had right in front of them and the ignorance of the writing team just made me fall off entirely. I still mull-over how great it could've been if they reflected on what made RWBY work rather than trying to make some grand epic with no plan.

I totally agree with RWBY as I legit didn't really consider RWBY and anime (that or I'm still salty over Avatar not being marketed in Japan but RWBY was 😅) But it had amazing potential in the first 3 volumes, then V4 and V5 kinda dragged and the cracks began to show. Then by Volume 7, I had just lost all hope for the series. Just the squandered story-beats they had right in front of them and the ignorance of the writing team just made me fall off entirely. I still mull-over how great it could've been if they reflected on what made RWBY work rather than trying to make some grand epic with no plan.
I personally consider RWBY, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Legend of Korra to be anime. I never understood the argument against them, but some people feel very strongly about it. RWBY technically is an anime as of Ice Queendom, but I have yet to see that, so no thoughts there. RWBY has been on a downward spiral for years and I'm just glad it hasn't been greenlit for volume ten. Hopefully it never will be.

I personally consider RWBY, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Legend of Korra to be anime. I never understood the argument against them, but some people feel very strongly about it. RWBY technically is an anime as of Ice Queendom, but I have yet to see that, so no thoughts there. RWBY has been on a downward spiral for years and I'm just glad it hasn't been greenlit for volume ten. Hopefully it never will be.
I hope so too. It hurts to see it gow down the way that it did, but I'd much rather it stop while can than reach new lows. Cause while I lost interest, I still watched Volume 8 and 9 and got even MORE aggravated. What's worst was that they were on to something in V9 but in typical Rooster Teeth fashion, minimize the potential they set up for themselves and botched it up again!😩 (Homophic Ruby was the funniest meme to come out of RWBY in awhile tho so I enjoyed that for as long as it lasted lol)

I personally consider RWBY, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Legend of Korra to be anime. I never understood the argument against them, but some people feel very strongly about it.
The definition of anime is simply "animation that originates from Japan", completely regardless of animation style. Despite taking inspiration from certain Japanese animation styles, RWBY, AtlA, and Korra all originated from America, so they aren't anime.
Hopefully that explains it a bit better!

Sword Art Online and Rosario + Vampire, in part because those were the first two anime I ever watched and it convinced me for YEARS that anime was solely about harems. Took me so long to realize there was actual... good, non-harem anime

Post the #1 anime you despise with all of your soul.

Mine is the first season of Attack on Titan, hate me if you will. I loved it when it first aired, but after it sat with me for a while I despised it. I put the second season in hold but I loved the episodes I did watch.
Haikyu!!!

As a hard-core InuYasha fan, Yashahime is #1. But Ergo Proxy has a special place in the darkest corner of my heart. I can't believe I managed to finish it, but everyone kept saying, "It gets better!" It did not. So edgy and pretentious, it was laughable. The only episode I liked was the one about Smileland and Will B. Good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back