TV & Film Your Favorite Underrated Movie or Show?

Man I love the fuck out of Ghost Rider the first movie at least, shit's one of my all time favorites, but it's not rated well at all. ANYONE ELSE GOT SOMETHIN LIKE THAT?

Rogue One. It's got a 6.4 in some place.
It's apparently one of those "You love it or you hate it" things, and even though a lot of people love it, I feel like it's underrated. Especially compared to TFA.

Sherlock especially the newest season. It was good not the best but good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
giphy.gif

Ed,Edd n Eddy. A show legendary in its day, now it rarely seems to ever be mentioned.

I was actually thinking about an Ed Edd n Eddy roleplay, but I wouldn't begin to know where to tackle that.

Lol, freaking FlapJack and Rocket Power. I'm a kid at heart and I get irrationally offended when people either say they don't know or don't like these cartoons. Especially Rocket Power. I was born towards the end of the 90s and I never had a problem with the dated slang that people complain ruin the show, since it was about more than that for me.

Oh, Sex and the City, as well. But that's more a case of the fanbase growing up and moving on rather than being underrated. I spent so many nights as a young kid following the girls and their stories, which really helped my young mind to mature faster, funnily enough, and had some of my teachers then giggling at some of the stuff that I picked up from the show and had tried to use in everyday conversation.

Shadow of the Vampire, with Willem Dafoe and John Malkovich.

Good acting, great cast, and an awesome premise. I've yet to meet anyone else who has seen it.

The Haunted World of El Superbeasto. It has action, fast pacing, and boobs. Lots and lots of boobs. Coraline also deserves a mention.

Rogue One. It's got a 6.4 in some place.
It's apparently one of those "You love it or you hate it" things, and even though a lot of people love it, I feel like it's underrated. Especially compared to TFA.
That movie was great. I am confident that had it not been Star Wars, and if the whole movie was more like the final act, that you could call it a good war movie.

Dead Like Me - a show about a young girl who dies by getting hit by a space station toliet seat and becomes a grim reaper. It has amazing dialouge and cast but was cancelled after season 2 and ended with a shit movie. Don't watch the movie, it's not worth it but the show definitely is.

Dead Like Me - a show about a young girl who dies by getting hit by a space station toliet seat and becomes a grim reaper. It has amazing dialouge and cast but was cancelled after season 2 and ended with a shit movie. Don't watch the movie, it's not worth it but the show definetly is.
Omg that show was the tits! Loved it so much - and of course I just about cried when I heard it was cancelled T^T Not watched the movie either, didn't see the point.

Scott Pilgrim vs the World
It was taken well and praised by those that watched it, but it never became that well-known sadly
IMG_2495.JPG

Xavier Dolan makes French-Canadian dramas, all of which I like. My favorite movies by him are I Killed My Mother, Heartbeats (2010) and Mommy.

There's also another great psychological film called The Tracy Fragments. It was originally a book. Ellen Page plays the main character. I recommend it.

As far as shows go, please watch the original Addams Family series! The humor in it is extremely well done. The acting is a work of art. The black-and-white stage is full of 60's charm. I don't know how anybody couldn't love it.

I loved 666 Park Avenue even though it's kind of cheesy and I didn't expect to like it. I originally started watching because I saw that one of my favorite actors was in it, not realizing that it was a cameo in one of the last few episodes. It got cancelled about halfway through the first season so they had to wrap the entire show up really quickly in the last 2 episodes.

A "weird" movie that I always recommend to people who like cult classics is Kin-dza-dza. It's a 1980s Soviet sci-fi satire that feels very much like a Russian Hitchhiker's Guide, about two Earthlings trying to pay their way home from a distant galaxy as travelling musicians.

Somewhat less obscure, the 1989 Heathers film is one of my absolute favorites but is remembered mostly for the quotable dialog and for being a precursor to Mean Girls. It's one of the smartest movies, but I know so many people who tuned it out after the first 20 minutes because they assumed it's just "a chick flick."

Chuck!

I loved that show. I think it's one of the few ones I binged watch all the way through in a month. Seriously, I never binge watch stuff. Chuck, Chuck, Chuck!

DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete I used to love that show! I had a trio of gerbils named after them.

I loved Courage the Cowardly Dog and of course the Powerpuff Girls.

For movies, I'm going to have to throw in Big Trouble Little China to the mix. I have yet to meet someone who's heard of it and/or loved it. Also, Return to Oz is surprisingly under rated, especially for being a Disney Movie.

The Star Wars prequels.
This is more of a guilty pleasure than an underrated show, but Hell's Kitchen.
Who knew a cynical asshole would like a show about a british guy yelling at some kids who want to be better chefs.
It's the most entertaining thing I've ever seen.

MV5BMTU1NTA3NTAzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTk5NDcyMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I personally think that Wonderfalls is one of the most underrated shows that I've ever had the pleasure of watching. Great cast (Lee freaking Pace!) and a semi-random plot (dead-beat college grad working retail suddenly has inanimate objects start talking to her in single-sentence cryptic messages that have sometimes dire consequences if their instructions aren't followed). It's just fun!

freaksandgeeks.jpg

Also, who can forget the classic that is Freaks and Geeks?! I wouldn't say underrated, since it's got such a cult following and high-regard, but it's definitely one that not enough people know about. Especially when you consider that virtually everyone in it is at least semi-famous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back