TV & Film Your Favorite Underrated Movie or Show?

I like La Belle et la Bête, I watched it when I was a child.
Now it's called "The Beauty and The Beast" and it's spoken in English and has several terrible remakes...
Live action is disgusting...

The Village (I'd erase my memory just to freak out in the ending), Wonder Woman (The 2009 cartoon, ugh, it's so good) and ofc Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, just to watch Cloud Strife and cry at Aerith's appearance.

Does anyone here remember the movie "Push"? It starred Chris Evans and Dakota Fanning -- they all had these interesting powers. I always wished there would be a sequel but... ;;

The Dark Crystal is such an underrated fantasy film and one of the inspirations for my own worldbuilding.
So psyched that it's getting a spin-off show soon. : D

Honestly The Amazing World of Gumball is one of the greatest cartoons currently running. It's like the spongebob or simpsons of this decade. I'd totally advise you check it out.

Before I Disappear and Angel's Egg are two of my absolute favorite movies, but very few people (comparatively) have watched them, and those who do often don't find them as good as I do. As for shows, I'd have to go with Hannibal probably. I don't understand how such a delightful show was canceled due to low ratings. Baffling, really.

Interview with the Vampire, Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Dune and Children of Dune mini-series that was on the Sci-Fi channel, Tutenstien (it was a show on discovery kids and it was amazing and so spot on with Egyptian history), Out of the Box (kids show that whenever i tell people about it they do not know it but that show was like my jam), The Beatles cartoons, The Monkees TV show, Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?, Six Feet Under, and Penny Dreadful
some where like really popular when they came out or were really well reviewed and won awards but, i feel like so many of these fell into obscurity.

For TV Series: Deadwood, Hell on Wheels, Black Sails, Dune mini-series, Battlestar Galactica (re-imaged) Being Human, Starhunter, Babylon 5, Tinman mini-series.

Films: Titan A.E., Battleship, Countdown, The Last Star Fighter, Open Range, Oblivion, Ender's Game, Twister, October Sky, Speed, Broken Arrow, True Lies, Judge Dredd (both remake and original), Starship Troopers, Wing Commander, Streets of Fire, Stripes, In the Army Now, An American Carol, Lost in Space (the 1998 movie)

I think that covers it for now.

TV Shows - I loved Terra Nova, Fringe, and Constantine.

Films - Transcendence, The Fountain, and Se7en.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back